Dooku and Anakin's plan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheElectricFox
So the entire point of them joining the dark side was to eventually destroy the sith for the jedi?? Right? Anakin did it so he could save padme, and dooku did it because the jedi were stupid enough to ignore the threat. For some reason i could never come to terms with calling Dooku a sith, beacuse in fact he fought for his own reasons and probably could have killed Sidious when he had the chance, just as Anakin could have when he found out as well. Seems like Dooku fits the more of the roll of a dark jedi than a full blown sith(when comparing them to what maul did). Both Anakin and Dooku showed remorse for thier actions(anakin after off-ing windu, and dooku for almost ending it in the hanger) unlike maul, sidious and others who went beserk in thier quest for power(not to say anakin didnt do that as well).

So the question is, did they both wake up one day and say "damn i think ill turn to the darkside today!!"

Stunrun
i agree, i never thought of dooku as a full blown sith. If is eyes went yellow, i might think different about itlaughing out loud

Lazerlike42
what gives you the idea they had this plan? Is there some line from the script or something from EU that makes you ask that?

TheElectricFox
Dooku wanted to destroy the sith, in retaliation for the death of quigon

Anakin only wants the power to save padme, and as soon as he gets it he planned to kill Sidious for the jedi, he just screws up and ends up killing windu by mistake(obvious from the game footage)

El_NINO
If i remeber correctly doesnt Anikin want to rule the galaxy once he has killed sidious?

doesnt sound like a jedi there, more like someone gone mad

TheElectricFox
yeah but he didnt intend to exterminate the jedi,

exanda kane
yeah, i've thought about this before. It seems that many jedi turn to the allure of the darkside because they want power to do somethin, i.e save someone. And I've also never thought of Dooku as a full blown Sith, partly because of his connection with Yoda, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, but that's probably just me.

kiadimundijedi
Only a Sith would kill agroup of Padwans

exanda kane
padawans?

NoFate007
What I think is that the dark side is such a consumer that it alters their perceptions and is like a slaveholder. Anakin's choice to turn was based on good intentions, but the second he turned, he became evil, because the dark side corrupts so quickly. When he killed Windu and the Jedi in the temple, its the dark side, not his rational thoughts. Same probably with Dooku. He, however, is willing to sacrifice many Jedi in order to create what he thinks is a better galaxy, because the Jedi are idiots anyway in his pov. If Qui-Gon hadn't have died, I doubt Dooku would've turned...same as if Shmi hadn't have, then he wouldn't have had the idea that he might not be powerful enough to safe Padme.

TheElectricFox
well put

Dart Saber
Originally posted by TheElectricFox

confused ???

Where did you get that idea?

jedi90
Originally posted by TheElectricFox

Anakin only wants the power to save padme, and as soon as he gets it he planned to kill Sidious for the jedi, he just screws up and ends up killing windu by mistake(obvious from the game footage)

don't listen to dooku, when he said he needed obi-wan to help destroy the sith he was lying. lucas has said that himself (i think he said it in the AOTC commentary) he only wanted obi to join him so they can kill sidious and take over as sith master and apprentice, kinda like darth vader and luke.
anakin was the same way, he just wanted to replace himself as the dictator. lucas (in the making of TPM) stated that the sith are like cancer and eat at itself. thats why from the beginning someone becomes a sith they are plotting to over throw their master. its their way. and from the movie and comics the best way to achieve that is to recruit someone else to the darkside to help.

Deadlyshot07
i agree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.