Most promising upcoming band?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Post YOUR view on the most promising bands in music, coming up.

Rules: They have to be on their debut or at a stretch, second album.

Try to keep it to SOME decent level. No Evanescence's or shit like that.

-AC

Df02
yourcodenameis:milo

album is either coming out soon or been out recently...i'm not sure, but i'm checking and if i can buying it this weekend. i have the ep on cd and vinyl smile

http://www.yourcodenameismilo.com/home/

Enter Shikari...

theyre from st albans i think, very close to where i live and i've seen them quite a few times now...awesome, emo with dance music samples haha.

http://www.entershikari.com/

Alpha Centauri
Yeah, Milo are quite good. I like em.

-AC

Df02
the only thing that annoys me is how poorly its produced... Seventeen is such a great song but you strain listening to it because the sound is all out

Alpha Centauri
I thought Rapt Dept was the highlight of that album. Quite a menacing song.

-AC

Df02
yea it's good, but also poorly produced imo...

still, my personal favourite is Seventeen, not forgetting All Roads to Fault

Myth
Does Scum of the Earth count? None of the guys individually are new but the band put together is. I don't know if they were just a one time thing either.

jaden101
im quite liking some of the stuff "the subways" are putting out at the moment...a bit heavier that the standard fair of "indie" bands...catchy riffs too

Df02
ergh lol, The Subways....got given their single the other day, not a fan at all messed

jaden101
they do seem to be trying to be a poor imitation of the white stripes...but i think there stuff is decent enough...there are alot worse coming through at the moment

Df02
i would say The Departure - having been a fan for ages... but theyre not really a new band, even though their songs are being bastardized on the radio atm

Cinemaddiction
I'm still all about All Shall Perish. Their debut album was just released, "Hate. Malice. Revenge", and it's easily one of the best metal releases of 2005.

mr.smiley
not a band but singer.
Esthero.
The record labels where actualy fighting over her.Awesome vocals.Also freezepop!

Morbid4Daniel
Valpurgus
Virgil

TOMASS2
Nine Black Alps are quite good 'shot down' is a good song and 'not everyone' as much as i like them i think the singer is trying is imitate kurt cobain, who can blame him but they are an awsum band.

The Subways are a pretty good band there single 'oh yeah' is awsum me and my band played it at a gig and everyone loved it, they didn know who it was by though. i dont really like there new song rock n roll queen its good but the lyrics are crap, still a awsum band though.

Alpha Centauri
I don't like The Subways at all.

Colour of Fire, Porcupine Tree, possibly Trivium.

Few others I forget.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by jaden101
im quite liking some of the stuff "the subways" are putting out at the moment...a bit heavier that the standard fair of "indie" bands...catchy riffs too

One of the blandest, most non-descript bands ever to walk the face of the Earth. Sat next to them while watching the 5678's soundcheck, thought they were bar staff. Then they got on stage...still thought they were bar staff at that point, until they actually supported at the gig.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
One of the blandest, most non-descript bands ever to walk the face of the Earth. Sat next to them while watching the 5678's soundcheck, thought they were bar staff. Then they got on stage...still thought they were bar staff at that point, until they actually supported at the gig.

Hahahahahahaha.

Coz they're shit.

-AC

jaden101
onward the musical snobs eh?

or maybe that should be...something else

each to his own

tripe

Df02
nothing snobby about saying a band is shit...

especially not when it's true

Alpha Centauri
Nothing wrong with being a music snob either.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
5678's aren't a great band, barely good in fact. As players, they're awesome. Genuinely excellent.

The show probably seemed much better though seeing as they followed a band resembling a British Legion warm up act.

jaden101
http://www.twistedfeather.com/store/media/reel%20em%20in.jpg

Df02
indeed confused

jaden101
ach im just messing... stick out tongue thumb up

knight
www.fondula.com

Victor Von Doom
..?

Anyway, I'd go with Colour of Fire.

RedAlertv2
Avenged Sevenfold is good. They are not exactly an upcoming-band, though, since they have started producing a third CD. They have a lot of screamo songs, but I still think their vocalist is better at singing than at screaming. And they have written some pretty amazing songs that are far more complex and require much more talent than the average punk rock song.

LifeIsKillingMe
A Perfect Murder

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I don't like The Subways at all.

Colour of Fire, Porcupine Tree, possibly Trivium.

Few others I forget.

-AC

Porcupine Tree are hardly upcoming considering they've been around since the early 90's.

dAngEr_Is_gO!
A lot of mags have been talking up Trivium, so I got their album and boy I was disappointed. I don't know if it was because they've been hyped so much (some are calling it the best metal album in a year) but I just got that whole "been there, heard that" feeling.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Porcupine Tree are hardly upcoming considering they've been around since the early 90's.

They're up and coming in his tiny world of faeces.

Alpha Centauri
Regardless of their existence, by my definition they are "coming up". As are many bands right now. I never said they were new did I?

No. Don't look before leaping.

If Tool got huge tomorrow they would be considered to be "coming up" by many. Coming up meaning coming to the forefront, at least to me.

And don't mind Victor, he's a shrub-rocketeer.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
(He only just heard of them).

Alpha Centauri
(He's a bitter bastard.)

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.