whats his limitess

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dominic/wolf
what are soupies limitess how fast can he run ,fly how much can he press
how much damage can he take that type of stuff

Ming Tea!
His "limits" continually fluctuate so there is no way to say exactly what he can lift, or run. We do know he can achieve nigh lightspeed in the vacuum of space, and he has survived nuclear warhead explosions, but I think all one can say regarding his invulnerability is that bullets can't hurt him, nor can bazooka shells, or nuclear missiles, he does seem more susceptible to lightning and laser beams as they disrupt the wavelength of his bio-field that grants him a lot of his invulnerability.

Zod4Life
He isn't faster than Flash which means his speed is limited and his strength is unlimited.He can lift about 100 trillion tons.No superhero can lift that much.Even if you combined all the other hero's strength(including Marvel superheroes),that still wouldn't be as much as 100 trillion tons.Superman is basically unbeatable if you aren't going to use kryptonite or magic against him.Doomsday didn't even kill him so nobody has a real chance.If you can't face Superman without kryptonite,you must be weak,.Take Lex for instance,everytime he faces Superman he has a kryptonite ring on.That's pathetic and weak when you think about it.Also,Superman is immortal and can't die at all unless he's exposed to kryptonite or magic.I heard somewhere that in 800,000 thousand years he will become so powerful that he will be able to restore Krypton and everyone that was on the planet when it exploded.He's like a 6'4 225 pound solar battery.I think that if he lives forever on Earth as soon as he goes to Krypton he'd die of old age unless you can live a very long life on Krypton seeing how they are thousands of years ahead of us.Superman can do anything and he can he can get any lady he wants if he uses his charm.He could have taken over the world but he didn't.In Smallville Jor-El wants Clark to conquer the world but I think it was just a test though.Yep,that's just about everything I know about his limits and abilities.

FieryBalrog
I'm pretty sure post-crisis superman is about 250,000-1 million tons max.

Also, he is not the strongest hero...

Zod4Life
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
I'm pretty sure post-crisis superman is about 250,000-1 million tons max.

Also, he is not the strongest hero...

Who is the strongest hero then?

dominic/wolf
his strength is unlimited.He can lift about 100 trillion tons.No superhero can lift that much.Even if you combined all the other hero's strength(including Marvel superheroes),that still wouldn't be as much as 100 trillion tons.

what about hulk his strenght is unlimited so soupie can't be stronger then him

ZephroCarnelian
Hulk is the strongest hero.

Flash is the fastest. (Disregarding Wapspeed through space by Surfer/GL etc etc)

Juggernaut is the most unharmable.

But Superman has the best combination of all of these abilities plus many more besides.

And I'm talking POST-Crisis Superman.

Pre-crisis he was far far far more powerful...

DrDoom
I like to believe that Superman's powers are only limited by his own belief in them. He's as powerful as he needs to be at that moment, and he's not as powerful as PrC Superman because he sees himself (more or less) as human (ie he has limits), and vulnerable.

You see how Mungul II powered him up with just a pep talk and a little bit of training right?

It would explain his fluctuating strength levels, and why he keeps doing more and more PrC-type stuff in the PoC (he heated the entire Earth with his heatvision in a Superman arc about a year ago.) as the years go on.

Mainstream
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian

Flash is the fastest. (Disregarding Wapspeed through space by Surfer/GL etc etc)

But Superman has the best combination of all of these abilities plus many more besides.

all true roll eyes (sarcastic)

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by DrDoom
I like to believe that Superman's powers are only limited by his own belief in them. He's as powerful as he needs to be at that moment, and he's not as powerful as PrC Superman because he sees himself (more or less) as human (ie he has limits), and vulnerable.

You see how Mungul II powered him up with just a pep talk and a little bit of training right?

It would explain his fluctuating strength levels, and why he keeps doing more and more PrC-type stuff in the PoC (he heated the entire Earth with his heatvision in a Superman arc about a year ago.) as the years go on.

The power drop is too significant I think to be explained away like that...

DrDoom
I was just trying to give at least a little reasoning as to why he has been severely depowered PoC. It basically came down to lazy writers, but you can see how Supes power level is growing slowly but surely.

ZephroCarnelian
And I'm glad it is. smile

DrDoom
thumb up yes

tonyman1989
Supermans upper limit is around 125 billion tons.

supremthor
Originally posted by tonyman1989
Supermans upper limit is around 125 billion tons.
na i would say ur wrong there cuss he is always getting stronger cuss of the sun.

tonyman1989
The superman i am talking about is john byrnes and his can lift 125 billion tons and push 1 1/4 trillion tons.

kevdude
superman can die, he also ages at the regular speed of humans. Doomsday almost killed him. but he would have DIED if darksied did not save him from Imperiex Prime, Imperiex shot at Supes and even tho supes was not hit by the blast, superman still got burned from even being near it. Superman would be dead right now if it wasnt for Darksied saving him in OWAW.

olympian
"his strength is unlimited.He can lift about 100 trillion tons.No superhero can lift that much.Even if you combined all the other hero's strength(including Marvel superheroes),that still wouldn't be as much as 100 trillion tons."

Excuse me? All heroes combined cant lift more than supes? Where did you get this idea? Pre crisis he matched strenght with Heracles, Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel, He-Man and Hulk in the crossover.

Hercules, Thor and Hulk alone are a match strenghtwise for Supes. Confident Glads as well.

And all of those have plenetary level feats.

olympian
Now if you mean all streeth level heroes...yeah he is big grin

olympian
and.....

"his strength is unlimited"

No its not.

Mainstream
Supes strenght his great but not unlimited..you thinking about the green guy who really a nerdy white guy .

tonyman1989
How much can superman lift after he dies?

olympian
alot. havent you heard hes immortal? stick out tongue

Cosmic Cube
Seriously, Superman does have the potential to live forever. Even after his "death" he can be ressurected with sufficient solar energy. Logically, you'd have to keep him in a kryptonite coffin to keep him dead.

xmarksthespot
Why did he age like a normal child through to adulthood?

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Why did he age like a normal child through to adulthood?

Well, about every immortal does that.

Probably because that is the time we grow the fastest.

DrDoom
Plus, his Kryptonian cells hadn't fully developed yet, so he wasn't absorbing solar energy.

olympian
"Seriously, Superman does have the potential to live forever"

I actually dont see him being immortal. just exxxxtremely long lived. Practically every future has him more aged than before. If he ages he cant actually be immortal in the true sense of the word.

He can be around for centuries but more than that i dont belive until they make it " canon".

supremthor
so if his realy old he could fly into the sun and return a young and shite?

DrDoom
Originally posted by olympian
"He can be around for centuries but more than that i dont belive until they make it " canon".

DC One Million. He's immortal.

Glimmerone
Superman is a true Demigod, a being who under a yellow sun will not age at all once he's reach full adulthood. His power source is universal/cosmic energy itself, Suns. As long as there are yellow stars in the universe (others power him as well but not to same extent) he will not age, and the more he lives under a yellow star, the longer his body will retain solar energy without need for a recharge. He's a direct descendant of Rao, the ruler of the gods of krypton. Rao was said by some DC gods to have fathered the gods who fathered the original gods of earth. So, if supes is a direct descendant(house of EL=House of Light/Rao) of a powerful god(Rao) who is said to have seeded the original gods of earth whose descendents are immortals like the African, Egyptian, and Greek gods, then that would help us to see the potential that lies within supes abilities, even his lifespan. It was an arc where supes faced off against some dark gods who wanted him to accept godhood, in this arc supes was shock and surprise to hear the use of Rao's name from these gods, wondering how could they know of Rao, the supreme/ruler god of Krypton. Supes was told that all pantheons of gods on earth, great and small knew of Rao. Zeus was included in this arc and told superman to never speak Rao's name in their presence(the Sky-fathers of earth)ever again, it was hinted that to speak of Rao was somewhat forbidden.

olympian
"DC One Million. He's immortal."

DC One Million isent cannon. I said until they make it canon hes not immortal for me.

And about rao we dont know if he was powerful or not. In fact we dont know anything. They never followed that storyline.

"Rao was said by some DC gods to have fathered the gods who fathered the original gods of earth. So, if supes is a direct descendant(house of EL=House of Light/Rao) of a powerful god(Rao) who is said to have seeded the original gods of earth whose descendents are immortals like the African, Egyptian, and Greek gods"

Like Demiurge at Marvel then? Was it stated or implied.

whirlysplat
DC 1 Million is in the DC "timeline"big grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

"DC One Million. He's immortal."

DC One Million isent cannon. I said until they make it canon hes not immortal for me.

And about rao we dont know if he was powerful or not. In fact we dont know anything. They never followed that storyline.

"Rao was said by some DC gods to have fathered the gods who fathered the original gods of earth. So, if supes is a direct descendant(house of EL=House of Light/Rao) of a powerful god(Rao) who is said to have seeded the original gods of earth whose descendents are immortals like the African, Egyptian, and Greek gods"

Like Demiurge at Marvel then? Was it stated or implied.

olympian
That doesnt make it cannon. Recently against Aunstin Gog he was showed aged again. Does that means hes immortal?

Dc has a bunch of possible futures but so far you dont have one thats considered -the- canon. Only thing its certain is that Superman is extremely long lived.

Glimmerone
To Olympian:

It was actually stated by those gods that Rao had indeed fathered the ancestral gods of earth's gods. The one talking to supes, whose name was Malik in human form about Rao said that they didn't usually discuss such information with mortals and that all earth's pantheons of gods, great and small knew of Rao. They were a pantheon of earth who were evil gods. Zeus and other sky-fathers wanted to take them down, but seemed to want to avoid causing any more problems among the gods that might mess with whatever stability the gods had among themselves. The part about Zeus and the other sky-fathers not wanting to get directly involved with taking down the evil pantheon was later confirmed by wonder woman, who was also present in this arc. Zeus forbade supes from even mentioning Rao's name in their(Zeus, Odin, Lady Ale, and Lord Thoth who were there) presence saying "Be STILL. Your God has NOTHING to do with Earth. NEVER speak that name in our presence again". Now, we could began to see where certain things maybe or are being implied, from this statement by Zeus. The way he responded to supes questioning about Rao, very intense, cutting short supes words, enforcing the "Be Still, Never, and Nothing part of what he spoke to superman. It all seemed like there was some deep-seated resentment present concerning Rao. The kind that maybe results from a relationship of denial, like that of a father who was never around and so is hated and disown by his children, since they feel he disowned and denied them. It seemed a little different from Zeus just being temperamental or angry at supes for some past reason. The arc is called, PANTHEON:Call Of The Gods, Man Of Steel 126 & 127. Also, lately within the last few years, there's been a bit of talk about Rao.

olympian
Nice post! Thanks for the information, ill check it out wink

It does seem Rao is somewhat of a past rival to Zeus. Btw the only page i ever saw of that storyarc was the one of Zeus saying those words to Superman, with Odin there as well. Didnt knew about the rest tho.

Zod4Life
Superman is the strongest superhero ever.NOT the Hulk.Flash is the fastest.And Superman is the most unharmable.

Hegemon875
The whole hulk vs supes thing is really subjective, its pretty much established on this forum that supes starts far more powerful than the hulk but the hulk has the "potential" to become stronger than supes. But if you look at 1 million and think about supermans powers he also has that potential to become exponentially more powerful than he is.

Fanboy
Superman after he dies his body keeps taking in the sun regenerating his cells so he can not die. That is how he lived after Doomsday.

Fanboy
Does anyone have a picture of Superman really being having unlimited strength?

tonyman1989
I think his strength is in the order of 66 billion tons (Before He started moving the moon)

Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian

hulk strongest? Isn't Thor (with hammer) much stronger ....i thought in a comic Thor and hulk went at it and Thor was kicking Hulks ass until he lost his hammer..than the hulk could finally beat him but just marginally

roughrider
I saw a thread off of Google last year that puts Supes' strength in perspective. Supes performs some feat like, lifting up an ocean liner from one end. Well, even if you had the strength to lift the weight, you couldn't lift it at any spot without it collapsing around you, like the stern of the Titanic eventually snapping off and falling. Somehow, you have to borrow the will of the object.
John Byrne showed this in his first issue of Superman in 1986. Pushing a small plane of earth into outer space, he notes to himself "when I started flying, the weight disappeared. I seem to fly objects the way I fly myself: by sheer force of will." This makes me think much of his strength is psionic, except he can't move an object from afar like Jean Grey; he has to make contact with it. So, if he's moved planets in the past, that's how he does it. I'd make a difference between strength and striking/punching power; Thor and Hulk are on a par with him there, maybe even better.

On a different topic: How long would he have to go without Yellow Sun radiation before his powers begin fading? Some Kevin Smith issues of Green Arrow showed the world covered from the sun, and Supes feeling cold for the first time.

savage hulk

olympian

eStrange
Remember SUPERMAN IV AND SUPERMAN THE MOVIE? On the first movie he altered the earths axis so it could turn the time backwards then he spinned the earth back again. Then on the fourth movie he pushed the moon to block the sun creating a total eclipse. So has any other superhero ever did that or could do that? Use your imagination people...ask yourself again how fast can superman have to fly in order to spin the earth backwards and then back, and could push the moon so it could block the sun. DUH!

tonyman1989
In Superman: the movie he didn't move the earth he just went faster then the speed of light and broke the time barriar.

And in Superman 4 the strength needed to move the moon is 16.2 quadrillion tons.

to roughrider
"How long would he have to go without Yellow Sun radiation before his powers begin fading?"
In the new Superman man of steel vol. 4 he says even in complete darkness it would take days for his powers to start to fade.

I have another question does anyone know the limits of the new all-star Superman.

roughrider
Originally posted by eStrange
Remember SUPERMAN IV AND SUPERMAN THE MOVIE? On the first movie he altered the earths axis so it could turn the time backwards then he spinned the earth back again. Then on the fourth movie he pushed the moon to block the sun creating a total eclipse. So has any other superhero ever did that or could do that? Use your imagination people...ask yourself again how fast can superman have to fly in order to spin the earth backwards and then back, and could push the moon so it could block the sun. DUH!

Think about it. How does spinning a planet in reverse( not even getting into the destructive results it causes on the surface) make time go backwards. IT DOESN'T. That was just a visual way of showing the audience time travel. And don't think too much about how far he goes back - he went far enough to prevent the errant missles hitting anything, right? So why is Lois Lane stuck in the desert after the gas station blows up after the earthquake, caused by the second missle?? (The Filmmakers: OOPS.)
As for moving the moon, see my earlier post about his strength.
And try to keep facts about any character, coming from the comics only.

Fanboy
Originally posted by 113
hulk strongest? Isn't Thor (with hammer) much stronger ....i thought in a comic Thor and hulk went at it and Thor was kicking Hulks ass until he lost his hammer..than the hulk could finally beat him but just marginally

Thor with his hammer does not raise Thors strength.

tonyman1989
anyone know the limits ofall-star Superman?

yahman

yahman
Originally posted by roughrider
I saw a thread off of Google last year that puts Supes' strength in perspective. Supes performs some feat like, lifting up an ocean liner from one end. Well, even if you had the strength to lift the weight, you couldn't lift it at any spot without it collapsing around you, like the stern of the Titanic eventually snapping off and falling. Somehow, you have to borrow the will of the object.
John Byrne showed this in his first issue of Superman in 1986. Pushing a small plane of earth into outer space, he notes to himself "when I started flying, the weight disappeared. I seem to fly objects the way I fly myself: by sheer force of will." This makes me think much of his strength is psionic, except he can't move an object from afar like Jean Grey; he has to make contact with it. So, if he's moved planets in the past, that's how he does it. I'd make a difference between strength and striking/punching power; Thor and Hulk are on a par with him there, maybe even better.

On a different topic: How long would he have to go without Yellow Sun radiation before his powers begin fading? Some Kevin Smith issues of Green Arrow showed the world covered from the sun, and Supes feeling cold for the first time.

As this is probably the only mature response that has been said on this thread, its definately worth a response. Its also matter im quite confused about.

As you stated most of the heavy objects that Superman lifts, should actually be impossible levitate. Byrne's theory would explain alot, E.G. especially with Super boy's T.K. tie in. Yet it doesn't really explain how characters like Wonder Woman, Captain Marvel and M.M. are able to lift similar objects. I think its a great idea yet i wish it was more consistent.

olympian
"Mate your wasting your time ..... Just look around at the general responses 'Superman can lift 600061.5 tons.....' Puhh lease ?????????? Dude come back to the mummy and Daddy's room and listen to my explantions of why Vegeta would kick Herc's ass"

Pfffff Hercules can lift 1967.87905.000.00 billion of tons.

To heck with the numbers.

yahman
"Mate your wasting your time ..... Just look around at the general responses 'Superman can lift 600061.5 tons.....' Puhh lease ?????????? Dude come back to the mummy and Daddy's room and listen to my explantions of why Vegeta would kick Herc's ass"

Pfffff Hercules can lift 1967.87905.000.00 billion of tons.

To heck with the numbers.

yes Exactly

right now he is almost back to pre crisis level because ritgh now he no longer needs air in space, can see the other side of the universe with his own power, can identify different strands of dna, heat vision has basicaly no limits as was shown not too long ago, can move way faster than speed of light right now because in the last issue of jla elite batman stated there that he can fly to the sun and be back in less than a minute and this comic came out about four months ago, he can see peoples souls and gohsts, he can red peoples thoghts as was shown in jla/cyberforce, the last thing that was said was that if wanted a sneeze from him can split the earth in half and this issue came out in august of adventures. so as you can see the man of steel is becoming more and more into his godly self again.

yahman
Originally posted by 56857
right now he is almost back to pre crisis level because ritgh now he no longer needs air in space, can see the other side of the universe with his own power, can identify different strands of dna, heat vision has basicaly no limits as was shown not too long ago, can move way faster than speed of light right now because in the last issue of jla elite batman stated there that he can fly to the sun and be back in less than a minute and this comic came out about four months ago, he can see peoples souls and gohsts, he can red peoples thoghts as was shown in jla/cyberforce, the last thing that was said was that if wanted a sneeze from him can split the earth in half and this issue came out in august of adventures. so as you can see the man of steel is becoming more and more into his godly self again.

laughing

How old are you as you seem older than a juniour member.

jplatinum
He isn't faster than Flash which means his speed is limited and his strength is unlimited.He can lift about 100 trillion tons.No superhero can lift that much.Even if you combined all the other hero's strength(including Marvel superheroes),that still wouldn't be as much as 100 trillion tons.Superman is basically unbeatable if you aren't going to use kryptonite or magic against him.Doomsday didn't even kill him so nobody has a real chance.If you can't face Superman without kryptonite,you must be weak,.Take Lex for instance,everytime he faces Superman he has a kryptonite ring on.That's pathetic and weak when you think about it.Also,Superman is immortal and can't die at all unless he's exposed to kryptonite or magic.I heard somewhere that in 800,000 thousand years he will become so powerful that he will be able to restore Krypton and everyone that was on the planet when it exploded.He's like a 6'4 225 pound solar battery.I think that if he lives forever on Earth as soon as he goes to Krypton he'd die of old age unless you can live a very long life on Krypton seeing how they are thousands of years ahead of us.Superman can do anything and he can he can get any lady he wants if he uses his charm.He could have taken over the world but he didn't.In Smallville Jor-El wants Clark to conquer the world but I think it was just a test though.Yep,that's just about everything I know about his limits and abilities.-posted by Zod 4life.

Dude, theres' so much BS in this post, its ridiculous.

Superman is unbeatable?Gee, somebody forgot to tell that to amazo, mongul, and the many others that have knocked his ass out.

Nobody can lift as much as superman? again iwth the ignorance, well guess what gladiator can, hulk can,classic he-man can, one version of grundy can, and there are about 20 others who can.

Superman is immortal? No he can die. He can die.

You are weak if you have to face him with krptonite?
Hmm, I don't remember anywhere there said that people like lex luthor have solar-charged superpowers. Of course lex has to have kryptonite or something, its called making an unfair fight alittle more fair.
Lex can't even lift 200 lbs,gets hurts by a trip and fall, and is only a regular(not even condictioned) human, and you expect him to wlak up to a superpowered 6'2 225 lbs mass of "near" unstoppableness and say " Ay, Supes put your dukes up, so I can punch your face."

Dude, I hate to try to clown you ,but please, don't ever post dumbass shit like that again.

JediMasterLuke5

Hercules, Thor and Hulk alone are a match strenghtwise for Supes. Confident Glads as well.

Yeah Hercules, Thor, Hulk, and Glad all are about 100 tons class according to Marvel Directory.

Superman's strength is well, nearly unlimited, he's moved a planet, none of the others have I believe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.