How do you get those sig pictures?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

black robb
i know this is not a real forum but i had to know how to get a good picture for my sig every time i try to put one on they say it's too big even though i see people with big pictures

I want one too sad

sal9000
Originally posted by black robb
i know this is not a real forum but i had to know how to get a good picture for my sig every time i try to put one on they say it's too big even though i see people with big pictures

I want one too sad

I think all that graphic blinking shit totally sucks ...

I am more interested in what people write - or have to say - instead of screwing the loading time of the page because of all that huge pix ...

I ain't got no sig ... and I disabled 'em...

smokin' yeah ...

.... what?! ....

Pandemoniac
Not the point, my dear Sal.
To anwser black robb, the image can be 150 by 450 pixels in size, now the 150 broad isn't much, but 450 width is quite alot. Most illustrating programs show the dimentions of your picture, adjust where required. Also keep the file size below 30 kb. So make the image as large in size as the boundaries allow and set the resolution to 72 pixels/square inch.

Clovie
^ what they've said.

sal9000
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
Not the point, my dear Sal.
To anwser black robb, the image can be 150 by 450 pixels in size, now the 150 broad isn't much, but 450 width is quite alot. Most illustrating programs show the dimentions of your picture, adjust where required. Also keep the file size below 30 kb. So make the image as large in size as the boundaries allow and set the resolution to 72 pixels/square inch.

my point is not to give tips on how to rape any humans visual sense ...

most of those sig-images perfectly fail to please the eye.

and stop patronizing

Lana
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f13/t295619.html

And there are plenty of very nice sig images on here. I know I put a damn lot of work into mine.

Pandemoniac
I merely anwsered a serious question, instead of rumbling in to a tread concerning a subject that irritates you anyhow and posting negative comments. Since you have disabled sigs all of this should no longer concern you and you should give other people the freedom to continue using them. Because afterall sigs are commonly used items and a important part of the forum-culture.

sal9000

Lana
Hey. No bashing.

And people use signatures because they're just that -- a personal signature. They use them so that they can quickly be recognized and to show off something they like. I've been doing a bunch of Star Wars sigs lately because EpIII is coming out very soon and I love Star Wars. If you don't like sigs, fine, but don't rip on others because they do.

Demarthl
ooooOOOOOooooh beat em up Lana! Jedi powah! ffshoom whom whom ktaschk!

«–†hê¤Øñê–»
woop mhuaa ilisipy bebebe pepe

Demarthl
no expression

Lana
Originally posted by Demarthl
ooooOOOOOooooh beat em up Lana! Jedi powah! ffshoom whom whom ktaschk!

laughing

sal9000
Originally posted by Lana
Hey. No bashing.

And people use signatures because they're just that -- a personal signature. They use them so that they can quickly be recognized and to show off something they like. I've been doing a bunch of Star Wars sigs lately because EpIII is coming out very soon and I love Star Wars. If you don't like sigs, fine, but don't rip on others because they do.

I think that ava and name are some sort if 'ID' ... of course a graphical sig is a fancy extension - especially if you're a fan of something or someone ...

but I really do believe that some people just don't know the borders ... everything has to be huuge - heavy - blinking ... it eats loading time of a site and has no practical use ... except of displaying ones favorites.

I am a webdesigner - and painter ... I could use that sig to promote my stuff ... but that's not what I am here for ...

black robb
Thank for the help guys as you can see i got my sig big grin

Lana
Originally posted by sal9000
I think that ava and name are some sort if 'ID' ... of course a graphical sig is a fancy extension - especially if you're a fan of something or someone ...

but I really do believe that some people just don't know the borders ... everything has to be huuge - heavy - blinking ... it eats loading time of a site and has no practical use ... except of displaying ones favorites.

I am a webdesigner - and painter ... I could use that sig to promote my stuff ... but that's not what I am here for ...

I'm a webdesigner and artist as well, so what?

If you've actually seen the sigs on here, you will see that there are next to none that are 'heavy blinking things', and that NONE are huge because there are limits on the sizes, pixesl and KB, so they don't take ages to load.

Many people on here have similar names, and a lot use similar avatars. So a signature image is just another way for them to differentiate themselves.

Pandemoniac

sal9000

Lana

sal9000
Been ****ing myself all day long, so I'm a bit ahead off you. About that communicating? Your reactions to my harmless stinging don't post you off as a very social person, so what the hell are you doing here?

Now I would like to return to talking to some normal and friendly people, so if you would be so kind to return to your script on how to destroy society in 7 days I would be most obliged

Best regards

so sorry ... but you're right : I am not a very social person ... I never read the book 'be nice and manipulate people' ... I don't have to be 'nice'

I actually don't think that you are older than me ... I doubt. I suspect the average age here somewhere between 11 and 22 ...

and I am way older

Demarthl
i drew my previous sig ^^ its the title image form my site thats linked to the pso sig image i have now, sal9000 i hope you arent going to be one of those people whoi join and instantly piss people off by sayihng their opinion is wrong and then continue on about how your ideals are so much better because everyone elsesucks, i dont think i want sit through another one of them

sal9000
There's a link to my site in my profile (and on my site are more links to my stuff), I was going to major in art in college but switched over to psychology, I decided that I just wanted to keep my art as a hobby. If I were doing it for a living it'd become almost an obligation to do, and I'd rather it be something I can do for fun and when I want to.

am just going through your site ... it's quite good ...

yep - you're right ... doing art for money kinna sucks ;o) but then again: I have to eat now and then ...

but - yes ... just doing what you feel like is always more pleasant

Pandemoniac
Well, you don't have to read the book, being nice is a personal choice off course.
But I must admit, I probably got a bit to hard on you at first notice, so blame on me aswell...
I am willing to put the harshness in our 'little discussion' above aside and give it a fresh start. How about you?

Lana
am just going through your site ... it's quite good ...

yep - you're right ... doing art for money kinna sucks ;o) but then again: I have to eat now and then ...

but - yes ... just doing what you feel like is always more pleasant

Thanks smile I don't quite have the passion for webdesign that I used to, but I still love to just fool around with Photoshop or go out with my camera or draw and paint something....

sal9000

Pandemoniac
Hahaha, let's just concider it a matter of taste. But I favor friendly aswell so I'm glad we can step over our little differences and start being nice.

So, I've read that you paint! Admirable, can you show us something?

sal9000

sal9000
So, I've read that you paint! Admirable, can you show us something?

yes ...

that's one of the things I've been working on lately ...

it's one of a series of paintings which will be displayed in a fetish shop

sal9000
this is actually one of my first oil paintings ... sad I sold it one week after I made it and I still hate me for selling it ...

the pic is a bit blurry

Lana
Those are very nice, I love the second one.

Pandemoniac
yes ...

that's one of the things I've been working on lately ...

it's one of a series of paintings which will be displayed in a fetish shop

Thanks. And very impressive! I can imagine work like that is desired for an exposition.
I do some painting aswell now and then, but I still need lots of practice...

sal9000
Those are very nice, I love the second one.

thx ... sad I still miss my little mermaid ...

sal9000
Thanks. And very impressive! I can imagine work like that is desired for an exposition.
I do some painting aswell now and then, but I still need lots of practice...

practice is one of the things one can never have enough of ... I started painting like 2 years ago ... I did illustration before (ink & graphite) ... but painting is totally different - I right now just do oil ... but I gotta figure acryl soon - it dries faster and when working on schedule it's sometimes ok to speed up a little.

what kind of painting do you do? ... I label myself (in general) as surrealism

Pandemoniac
I know... wished I had more time to practice but I have to keep my steady job to be assured of cash, leaving me with less time then I wished. I'm doing magic realism and just funny images. I generally use gouache and black ink.

sal9000
I know... wished I had more time to practice but I have to keep my steady job to be assured of cash, leaving me with less time then I wished. I'm doing magic realism and just funny images. I generally use gouache and black ink.

embarrasment I have more time than money ... in fact: much more ...

but I just came to this point where I had to decide what I really want to do ... and now I just try to keep on track and really do it ...

I figure my art will be hella expensive once I am dead or so ... life is a biatch ;o) sometimes

Pandemoniac
embarrasment I have more time than money ... in fact: much more ...

but I just came to this point where I had to decide what I really want to do ... and now I just try to keep on track and really do it ...

I figure my art will be hella expensive once I am dead or so ... life is a biatch ;o) sometimes

My idea exacly, and I'm putting more time in art now-a-days. It still remains sooo time consuming to produce something, so I maybe make 2 remotely good things in half a year.....

sal9000
My idea exacly, and I'm putting more time in art now-a-days. It still remains sooo time consuming to produce something, so I maybe make 2 remotely good things in half a year.....

that's again this practice thing ... I had to finish 18 paintings in January (for an exhibition in February) ... I was like painting day and night - finally sold 3 of that works and now more or less paint all others over again. A friend of mine (he's painting for 20 years) is doing like 40 paintings each month and selling all of them ... it's very different. though I noticed that 'mainstream-painting' always sells - and that's just not me ... I mainly now paint for fetish-shops, gothic clubs, bars, and stuff ...

Pandemoniac
I'm not a fan of the mainstream stuff myself too. But 40 a month! Now that is working your fingers to the bone. I should apply such an attitude towards making art to myself some more.

sal9000
I'm not a fan of the mainstream stuff myself too. But 40 a month! Now that is working your fingers to the bone. I should apply such an attitude towards making art to myself some more.

40 is possible once you're really 'into' it ...

that HC Andersen below I painted in 3 hours ... started with white and going down to dark brown - so it's a wet-made painting ...

I think what's most difficult in producing such a number of pictures are the ideas ... I noticed that in January ... after doing 5 or so I was like wondering around for days finding new ideas ...

misha
this should really go in the news and questions forum messed

sal9000
Originally posted by misha
this should really go in the news and questions forum messed

where? ... why? ....... embarrasment

I am so like not-guilty! .... Marvin did it!

Pandemoniac
40 is possible once you're really 'into' it ...

that HC Andersen below I painted in 3 hours ... started with white and going down to dark brown - so it's a wet-made painting ...

I think what's most difficult in producing such a number of pictures are the ideas ... I noticed that in January ... after doing 5 or so I was like wondering around for days finding new ideas ...

Ideas are the least of my worry, I have more then I'll ever make into a drawing. I just need like 10 hours for a painting, and that makes my production slow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.