wwe wrestler has a rap album lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LIL-G
im a fan of wwf/e a superstar named john cena has a solo rap album coming out. i.m.v hip hop wont be the same since a wrestler is gona rap.

may 10th is the date it comes out.

hip/hop will sighn anyone these days.

Df02
you have 'lil' in your name - your opinion is void

LIL-G
dont let the name fool you buddy. this was my name in highschool

Df02
i couldnt care less how you got your name...your boyfriend could have a fetish for calling you it as he spanks you.

the fact is every rapper or rap-fan who associates with the prefix 'lil' is a bellend.

still gotta wait 4hours before i can go out and get drunk...i'm gettin irritable and have the shakes haha confused

LIL-G
dfo2 first off im not a homosexual and 2nd if you gona bash on me then your gona get reported. if you ask me your actling like a child. so if i were you i would shut up and be cool. what gives you the right to just bash somone for a s/n?

Deathblow
Yeah lay-off Df, there was absolutely no need for all that.

Just go get wasted already you crazy bastard stick out tongue

loserib
he is not the first wrestler to put out a rap album macho man has one and so did rey mystero

Df02
fair enough... apologies wink
bad day and all that...smile

also the words 'John Cena' conjure up a fiery rage in me

EDIT: Macho Man's album was awesome though haha... anything associated with him or the Ultimate Warrior are instant classics

LIL-G
its still a bad move.

Alpha Centauri
You're implying that the legendary top rope elbow drop is a bad move?

I'll knock you spahrk aht if you are.

-AC

LIL-G
i aighnt hating on macho man he is awsome in the ring but rapping thats a bad thing to do. i never heard his album but i heard horrible reviews.

WindDancer
Is this a joke?

LIL-G
wind no this aighnt no joke. if you just joined the convo i know it seems wacked out. but it's true and stupid if you ask me.

loserib
ooohhhh yeeeeaaaaaah

Df02
buy my album, ohhhhh yeaaaa

loserib
oh yeah hogan when i see yeah
oh yeah im going to drop an elbow on you yeah
oh yeah snap into a slim jim yeah

Df02
Ultimate Warrior > Macho Man

http://bodyslamming.com/pics/UltimateWarrior2.jpg

LIL-G
sh*t i remember wrestlemania when it was steamboat vs macho man. damn i miss those days.

Dogbert
It's not a half-bad album actually....

StinkFist462
Originally posted by Df02

what ever happened to him ? i miss him sad

Df02
Originally posted by StinkFist462
what ever happened to him ? i miss him sad

http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/41250

he became a crazy pseudo-political activist lol

StinkFist462
thats a shame . he kicked so much ass sad

TrAnCeDuO

that guy is an evil ugly racist. i hope he dies a terrible death.

as for the album i think itll flop.

Df02
he's still kicking ass... but just women's and foreign people's now...and he's doing it with words

....racist and sexistly

EDIT: just because he's a **** now doesn't change the fact he was an amazing wrestler

cad
hey look i think that a wrestler should bring out a rap cd or something well i say no because i think its just rediculaus and i hate rap and jon cena sucks. sorry about that all the wrestling fans out there.

PunisherFan33
that album is goin to be so gay

TrAnCeDuO
he's still kicking ass... but just women's and foreign people's now...and he's doing it with words

....racist and sexistly

EDIT: just because he's a **** now doesn't change the fact he was an amazing wrestler

yeah well they said the same about Charles Lindbergh and look where it got him!

Darth Revan

....racist and sexistly

Making it as a "pro wrestler" doesn't necessarily mean you're a good wrestler, it just means you're incredibly buff and were the one picked to win all the fights...

alic88
john cena raps so slow

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Making it as a "pro wrestler" doesn't necessarily mean you're a good wrestler, it just means you're incredibly buff and were the one picked to win all the fights... It may not reflect who's the actual best fighter but just cause it's staged don't fool yourself, it still takes a huge amount of athletic ability to pull that stuff off.

Darth Revan
I know this much, but just the same, athletic ability isn't the same as being a good wrestler wink

TheAnimal
wwe is going downhill. next month there holding a ecw ppv on june 12th. one night stand is the ppv name. if you want more info go to prowrestling.com

D-Double
Originally posted by TheAnimal
i aighnt hating on macho man he is awsome in the ring but rapping thats a bad thing to do. i never heard his album but i heard horrible reviews.

I'm gonna get it just on GP.... OOoo YEAH!! pirate

PunisherFan33
that album is so gay

04wayne
John Cena is SHIT

Red Superfly
John Cena used to be really cool when he was an evil rapper.

Everyone called him a wannabe Eminem and he took it out on everyone WITH WORDS OF DOOM. It was a cool gimmick and he was genuinely funny sometimes.

Now, he sucks up to the crowd, is boring, has catchphrases and other marketable shit that he constantly spews out, and he doesn't do much witty rapping anymore now he's a good guy. Now everyone thinks he's amazing because he sucks up to the crowd like Hulk Hogan always used to.

I like the bad guys in wrestling anyway. Undertaker and Roddy Piper owned everyone back in the day.

I flicked on WWE recently and Kurt Angle seems to be the current top evil guy. Thats good because Kurt Angle is the best wrestler of the modern age. I hope Angle fake-kicks Cenas punk ass!

Redneck past-times rule!

Deathblow
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Making it as a "pro wrestler" doesn't necessarily mean you're a good wrestler, it just means you're incredibly buff and were the one picked to win all the fights...

Not even that. It's basically a steroid-eating contest.

Wrestling is so stupid, guys in spandex who look like they are about to explode at any second, pretending to hit each other for a bit until the one the fewest people in the crowd likes falls down. If you wanna watch a fight, watch boxing or that crazy UFC thing, and if you wanna watch bad half-naked acting I'm sure there's a Baywatch re-run on somewhere as we speak, and they're marginally better looking.

Alpha Centauri
The thing is, you said "if you wanna watch a fight".

People don't watch wrestling to watch fights. Hence the point of calling it sports-entertainment, not sports. Those who do, well that's their world in their head. I wouldn't watch wrestling to say "Whoa! Look at that fighting!".

However, to claim it as a steroid eating contest is rather disrespectful. Most of those people have unbelievably rigorous training regimes and stupid looking or not, do some stuff that I seriously doubt you could do for nearly 300 days a year, every night.

-AC

Deathblow
So they don't watch it for the violence. So what do they watch it for, the Pacino-grade over-acting?

And if you're trying to tell me most of those ''wrestlers'' don't take steroids, I'm not buying it. Athletes, football players, they all have strict training regimes, but they still take stuff. In wrestling it's just more glaringly obvious. Probably encouraged too. I appreciate what they do takes a lot of physical strength and agility, but that doesn't stop it from being ridiculous.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Deathblow
So they don't watch it for the violence. So what do they watch it for, the Pacino-grade over-acting?

Possibly. I'm not saying ALL people don't watch it for that, I'm saying it's wrong to assume people watch it solely to see men fighting. Because in UFC etc, it IS fighting. It's not men trying to make it enjoyable for whatever paid money to see it, it's men fighting to win. Wrestlers are employed to put a show on.

Originally posted by Deathblow
And if you're trying to tell me most of those ''wrestlers'' don't take steroids, I'm not buying it. Athletes, football players, they all have strict training regimes, but they still take stuff. In wrestling it's just more glaringly obvious. Probably encouraged too. I appreciate what they do takes a lot of physical strength and agility, but that doesn't stop it from being ridiculous.

Why is it glaringly obvious? I'm curious. I'm not denying that it goes on, I'm asking why it's all of a sudden "probably" encouraged and plentiful.

-AC

Deathblow
That's true, but the showmanship does boil down to basically, fighting. Choreographed, highly-stylised, but still fighting.

I'm not saying it's a definite thing, but in an industry where having horrendously pumped up muscles is the key to success, it's extremely likely steroids are taken, if just to get an edge. Plus the way their veins stick out, even when they're not exerting themselves, there's something unnatural about the whole thing (aside from the obvious).

Alpha Centauri
Having horrendously pumped muscles isn't the key to success, because there have been successful pro-wrestlers who aren't like that. Kurt Angle is an olympic gold medallist, for example.

There are of course, wrestlers like that. However they aren't muscley to a degree that CAN'T be achieved through training. Obviously you'd be forgiven for thinking so in such an image driven medium.

-AC

Pezmerga
Lets not Forget Konan's (from WCW NWO) CD....ugh..then they played his stupid music video on Nitro..although Disco Inferno did a parody and it was hilarious...so at least something good came out of it.

04wayne
Why is everyone slagging wrestling off when the forum is about a wrestler going into rap?

Red Superfly
Deathblow - Many people think like you do. I'm not gonna try and change that view - but the way I see it is that wrestling is a show. Just like a show at a fun fair, or circus. These people are stuntmen, in essence. Except these guys get one "take" to get it right (they DO NOT rehearse matches in this day and age). That's pretty impressive considerring their lives are on the line.

Ever seen a real fight? It's boring! The fighters are serious, with no charisma. Wrestling provides that entertainment. Most people these days that enjoy wrestling KNOW its fake these days - they just accept that and enjoy the show.

As of late, WWE seems to be taking in more steroid-pumped losers (there weren't many of them, but recently all the new guys are jacked up and can barely move) and body builders as opposed to PROPER wrestlers like Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle. It's going to sh*t basically.

There's a big grey area when it comes to wrestling. You have good honest wrestlers like Kurt Angle, Benoit, Jericho etc who put on truly entertaining matches. Hell even Ric Flair in his old age is still better than the majority of new guys. WWE chooses to push and expose the chaff these days, as opposed to the wheat. That's why I think wrestling is mis-interpretted as crap, because half the time it is crap.

04wayne
I could not agree with you more. That is the most realistic view I have read

Deathblow
Originally posted by Red Superfly
That's why I think wrestling is mis-interpretted as crap, because half the time it is crap.

I appreciate everything you said there RS, you made a good case, but the quote above pretty much sums up wrestling, for me and the many others. It can't be a mis-interpretation of crap, if it is in fact crap. Call me snobbish, but the whole thing, from the big theme-tunes and entrances, to the ridiculous acting and of course, the pink lycra costumes...it just doesn't hold an ounce of appeal for me.

But as for the real fight thing, they're anything but boring. Fights, as in professional martial art fights, even choreographed ones, are works of art when involving skilled combatants, and real fights...I'm not in anyway encouraging street fights and whatnot, or saying I enjoy seeing them, but they're not boring. Anything can happen, and unlike wrestling, the outcome can never be predicted.

Red Superfly
Well I meant half the time it's crap because at the moment wrestling is stuck in a bit of a rut.

Wrestling seemed to be getting it's act together around 1997 to about 2001. It introduced realistic-yet-colourful characters like Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, Mankind etc (and the roster was bolsetrred by additions such as Jericho, Benoit, Kurt Angle etc later on) and had decent storylines, and the lower tier wrestlers such as the tag teams were flourishing. It was when the bad guys were bad, and the good guys were just as bad. The belts were quite credible and was helluva lot more fun.

Nowadays it is mostly crap. Half of the impressive moves have been banned. There's no incentive to put on a good show - no competition. Most of the guys are musclebound losers with absolutely no talent. Vince McMahon has a "big useless guy" fetish so it ain't gonna change anytime soon either.

Every now and then we get some really good matches. They usually involve Kurt Angle. The ONLY new guy with any sort of greatness to him is Shelton Benjamin, but because he was brought in during this "boring" stage in WWE's life, he hasn't got much of a gimmick, or character. That's the problem with modern WWE. It either has stupid gimmicks, or none at all. There's a fat guy pretending to be a superhero called Rosey. How lame is that? He's the current tag team champ. WWE has gone down the shitter ever since it bought WCW and sent ECW down the pan.

I mean, the guy we are talking about, John Cena, is one of the WWEs current big stars. He has like, ONE move. It's some sort of crappy fireman-carry slam he calls the FU. Possibly the worst finishing move of all time. There's nothing to these wrestlers anymore. Apart from a rap CD.

I might pick up my guitar, build up some muscle, come up with one decent wrestling move and I'll be the next big thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.