Facebook or Myspace?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
As of today I have both. I have pretty much equal amounts of friends on each and like 90% are the same people. So... which do you prefer?

Fearnix
i like little fuzzy bunnys and Myspace

SeptemberRain
I prefer myspace. I have more friends there. I rarelly use Facebook

Venomous Yoshi
Which social site do you all think is better?

Malenfant

Röland
Neither.

Guilty Gear

.Dance_Inside.
Myspace
Facebook is alright though
but I've always liked Myspace better

Lord Shaper
Myspace I suppose.

Strangelove
Facebook

BlaxicanHydra
Considering facebook is for homo's..

Myspace.

Being mainstream and popular doesn't automatically make it crap.

DarkC
Originally posted by Strangelove
Facebook

Scythe
Wow...

BlaxicanHydra
Penis. Thick.

Spartan005
Facebook

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by Lord Shaper
Myspace I suppose.

Spartan005
Myspace = gay

Leo.M

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by Spartan005
Myspace = gay

Myspace= Master Chief.

Facebook= Yayap.

Captain REX
Just to defy all logic of this thread...

I use both and think them equal.

Hah!

BlaxicanHydra
Why you.. if you weren't a global Mod I'd still do nothing! Damn hippie!

SelphieT
Myspace.

Secretus

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by Venomous Yoshi
Which social site do you all think is better?
Myspace, by far. I had a FaceBook for about....2 days and then deleted it.

ladygrim
I have accounts with both of them but i now us Facebook more because my old friends are on there big grin and i havent seen them for ages

Whisper
I think both are completely pointless. I go on myspace and it's like "OK, now what?"

SelphieT
I have both. But does someone want to be my Facebook friend? I have no friends on it yet laughing out loud And I really don't know how it works!

DARKLORDCAEDUS
I am on both. I like MySpace, a whole lot better. I will be happy be friends with people on both.

Diamonds
I think it helps if a lot of people you know are on one of them, so you automatically join that one and spend a lot more time on that website. If you see what I mean. Like, my friends all had MySpace but none of them have Facebook so I use MySpace. So yeah, I prefer MySpace.

Lana
I prefer facebook. Myspace is boring, IMO, even though more of my friends have an account on there. What's to do? Send messages? Okay...that's what MSN is for.

Piggle Humsy
I like myspace for being more customizable

Facebook is good for it's applications.

They both do what they do.

Newjak
I only have Facebook so I can not say which one I like better but I can tell you I like Facebook a lot.

Ozone
Facebook is a much better social site.

shit >>> Myspace

chillmeistergen
I have both, though I don't really use either that much.

I prefer Facebook though, because that's what the majority of my close friends have.

Naz
Originally posted by Strangelove
Facebook

DigiMark007
Facebook.

Privacy settings are more customizable on facebook. Both are decent social network sites, but myspace is too complex...I don't need more excuses to waste time on the internet. The minimalistic interface of facebook is ideal for keeping in touch with people without wasting time.

Ozone
Exactly.

FallenxAngel
Facebook

Sol Valentine
Both decript useless social wannabees.

Ozone
Originally posted by Sol Valentine
Both decript useless social wannabees.

I'm guessing that you have an account on both social sites, right?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Ozone
I'm guessing that you have an account on both social sites, right?

Or few friends.

stick out tongue

...the bevy of options available are stupid ("Become a zombie and bite your friends", "Superpoke your best buds", "write on their wall"wink...but as a means for keeping in touch with otherwise-hard-to-reach friends, it can be useful. I also get updated on when I should be wishing people happy brithday and such.

~Bun Bun~
Originally posted by Diamonds
I think it helps if a lot of people you know are on one of them, so you automatically join that one and spend a lot more time on that website. If you see what I mean. Like, my friends all had MySpace but none of them have Facebook so I use MySpace. So yeah, I prefer MySpace.

Exactly.

+ I like how customized you can get happy

Newjak
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Or few friends.

stick out tongue

...the bevy of options available are stupid ("Become a zombie and bite your friends", "Superpoke your best buds", "write on their wall"wink...but as a means for keeping in touch with otherwise-hard-to-reach friends, it can be useful. I also get updated on when I should be wishing people happy brithday and such. So the great Digi has Facebook stick out tongue

T.M
I don't use either of them..

off topic: Newjak loving the Hong Kong Phooey !! big grin

Newjak
Originally posted by T.M
I don't use either of them..

off topic: Newjak loving the Hong Kong Phooey !! big grin off-topic: He is the number one super guy cool

T.M
He is quicker than the human eye yes

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Newjak
So the great Digi has Facebook stick out tongue

I do, though I don't use it terribly often. And I haven't opened it to my KMC pals simply because I can contact anyone I want via PM anyway...and the possible privacy issues involved are a bit intimidating, even though I genuinely like and trust a lot of KMC'ers.

Newjak
I do, though I don't use it terribly often. And I haven't opened it to my KMC pals simply because I can contact anyone I want via PM anyway...and the possible privacy issues involved are a bit intimidating, even though I genuinely like and trust a lot of KMC'ers. So what you are saying is that you are paranoid stick out tongue

Strangelove
I much prefer Facebook. I keep my annoying applications to a minimum.

rader
I have neither and refuse to get either. I have no reason but my ex was the same way. She actually got a myspace and i give her hell for it

Lana
Or few friends.

stick out tongue

...the bevy of options available are stupid ("Become a zombie and bite your friends", "Superpoke your best buds", "write on their wall"wink...but as a means for keeping in touch with otherwise-hard-to-reach friends, it can be useful. I also get updated on when I should be wishing people happy brithday and such.

Some of the applications are actually rather neat, though. Like Scrabble stick out tongue

Menetnashté
I prefer myspace, you can customize a lot more with it, and put up a background and all. You can't do nearly as much on Facebook. (as far as customizing page goes)

DARKLORDCAEDUS
MySpace has more "friendlier" people. Also I talk more to people on MySpace than I do on Facebook.

Lana

DigiMark007
...the bevy of options available are stupid ("Become a zombie and bite your friends", "Superpoke your best buds", "write on their wall"wink
Originally posted by Lana
Some of the applications are actually rather neat, though. Like Scrabble stick out tongue

I rest my case.

no expression

I prefer the lack of customization.

99% of people have no ****ing clue what they're doing and create eye-hurting or computer-crashing (or both!) abominations.

Truth.

Lana
Hey, scrabble is fun! mhm

Newjak
Hey, scrabble is fun! mhm I have the fighter Application which is awesome stick out tongue

Mišt
Myspace sleeping

Alpha Centauri
Facebook is much more professional.

It has much more purpose, nowadays, than MySpace does. MySpace is just like having a personal ego page, which a lot of people are guilty of, or as a means to keep up to date on bands and such. Especially since more bands use MySpace than actual websites now it seems.

Facebook is primarily a social, keep-in-touch network.

There should be a function to turn off invites to applications, though.

-AC

Syren
I prefer facebook. Myspace is boring, IMO, even though more of my friends have an account on there. What's to do? Send messages? Okay...that's what MSN is for.

Agreed wholeheartedly yes

Although, I recently deactivated my account on Facebook because some people I used to work with found me and I really don't want to associate with them. Shame erm

Lana
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Facebook is much more professional.

It has much more purpose, nowadays, than MySpace does. MySpace is just like having a personal ego page, which a lot of people are guilty of, or as a means to keep up to date on bands and such. Especially since more bands use MySpace than actual websites now it seems.

Facebook is primarily a social, keep-in-touch network.

There should be a function to turn off invites to applications, though.

-AC

Application invites annoy me, which is why half the time my personal message says "damnit don't send me those". There's not many I'm interested in.

Originally posted by Syren
Agreed wholeheartedly yes

Although, I recently deactivated my account on Facebook because some people I used to work with found me and I really don't want to associate with them. Shame erm

That's lame. I'd've just not added them and if they asked, said you wanted to keep it private stick out tongue

Syren

That's lame. I'd've just not added them and if they asked, said you wanted to keep it private stick out tongue

Meh, I didn't want to offend them. I just don't want them to be able to see me and my life. Plus, my profile is clearly not private as I've added all my other friends who're on there. It'd be too much hassle to avoid said people and it sort of mars my enjoyment. Seems lame, I know, but it's just easier this way. A lot of shit happened back then erm

Lana
How would they know if you add a bunch of people?

I just don't think you need to justify who you add and who you don't. It's your page, not theirs.

Syren
You're right, I'm not denying that. I know deactivating my account is extreme, trust me. I'm just not comfortable knowing they're there.

Boy, do I feel stupid embarrasment

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Syren
Meh, I didn't want to offend them.

You big wuss.

-AC

DigiMark007
Facebook is being a b*tch. I can't leave messages to people or edit anything, and I've been having password trouble randomly too. This is the first time it's happened (though it's been a couple days) so we'll see.

Syren
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You big wuss.

-AC

*holds hands up*

Newjak
Facebook is being a b*tch. I can't leave messages to people or edit anything, and I've been having password trouble randomly too. This is the first time it's happened (though it's been a couple days) so we'll see. Hmm Facebook worked fine for me this morning

Rogue Jedi
tried it, didnt take.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
MySpace was working fine for me today as well was Facebook.

Scythe
I have two myspace(myspaces?) one for the band, one for personal use.

Bloigen
I can't be bothered updating it, too much bother and there's nothing to get out of it that I don't already have.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.