Stop with the EU characters...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
ok, im sick of in the Vs. threads where people say that exar kun would rape sidious and maul and vader at the same time. you gotta be kidding me. these EU characters are just friggin stupid.

any characters that are CANNON! automatically win anything by default because they are cannon....

like i could write a book called the "vengeance of sidious" or something where sidious kills 500 jedi knights and on and on and on. that would then because EU, and then all that exar kun crap would be null and sidious would be the best. thats why EU characters are just dumb...

the writers go way overboard with these characters and then 'we' say that they would destroy any of the cannon characters. its just plain dumb.

exar kun vs. sidious?

sidious wins just because hes a cannon character....get that through ur heads. and if you cant do that then stop comparing EU characters to cannon characters. because its just too friggin dumb.

compare cannon characters to other cannon characters and compare EU to other EU, dont mix it up and try to argue that EU characters are better simply because 1 random author says they are...

Lucas is right 100% of the time and if he says that Anakin or Palpatine is the strongest then that overwrites any EU crap....live with it.

im done my rant now...

Darth Revan33
Boy I can't compete with your intelligence and well thought out plans in the EU section. (Sarcasm for the slow people)

Smart one here is saying that C-3P0 would easily slaughter Darth Revan, Exar Kun, Anakin Solo, and Kyle Katarn all at the same time without even using both his hands. Yeah right. If your gonna say how stupid the EU is, why its wrong, etc. etc. don't do it in the EU section which was made just for what you don't want.

Darth_Janus
Lucas is right 100% of the time? So he never tells a falsehood, even outside of SW? What a god! I shall bow to him and burn my EU books and games at once. Your wisdom defies logic, Anomaly.

Darth Revan33
I sure hope he replies, I'm going to print what he types and sell it on e-bay as a joke book.

Darth_Nefarus
Wow, I'm not even that big of a fanboy

Wanderer259
This means that EU is just as every bit canon as the movies as long as it doesn't contradict what the movies say. There is no contradiction when characters that are more powerful show up considering that the movies never state anyone is "the most powerful ever". So, therefore, your cries of EU being non-canon don't hold up, because according to Lucasfilm Ltd. itself, the EU is canon.

Think about that for a while.

Darth_Janus
And notice it's spelled 'canon', not 'cannon'.

chronic
hey i hope u know that ur in the eu section, obviosly u dont belong here or in the star wars big happy family

chronic
happy laughing laughing out loud

((The_Anomaly))
To quote these boards:

and

enough said, if GL says in an interview that Anakin is the strongest, then he then can beat any of the EU characters. I.e. Exar Kun etc.

((The_Anomaly))
now if you will all excuse me i will be going back to the SW movie sections, where the stories and plots are not completly useless..

have a nice day smile

((The_Anomaly))
and actually, yes when it comes to SW, lucas is right 100% of the time...if you had failed to noticed he created it, if he says that Palpatine can beat any of the EU characters, hes right....you cant argue with the man who made the entire story, sorry guys...

Darth_Glentract
you are a gay idiot. you say he has no part in EU then you say he created ALL of it. you are an idiot.

Darth_Janus
First off, I love how you took all of that post and then picked out the one little insty part that supported your stupid narrow minded opinion. Now, I could be wasting my time with this, since you said you went back to the movie threads. But I bet you're sneaking back here, checking to see what people have to say.

Second, it says specifically that EU is not factual when discussing FACTS AND PLOT POINTS. This is clearly in reference to ideas about the films being influenced by EU works. It has NOTHING to do with our own little versus threads. Nothing.

"This therefore means that anything said in EU material has no bearing on the plot or storyline of the films at all."

Read that a few times.

Now... the EU versus threads which you bash are clearly not part of the plot or the storyline of the films. At all.

"This is the only reason why this prohibition against EU in the Film areas exists."

and lastly...

"It has nothing to do with whether people like EU or not. Yes, some people hate it, but then some people hate Return of the Jedi and The Phantom Menace, doesn't mean we stop people talking about it. The only prohibition that exists is that as the EU is not canon it cannot have any factual input at all on things from the films. If this policy from Lucasfilm changed, then the policy on this board would change as well, regardless of who likes it and who did not."

That right there was the equivalent of giving the enemy an ammo pack.

Revan X
This thread is kind of useless

Darth_Janus
Anamoly is officially pwned.

Wanderer259
I see he didn't argue against me. I guess it just helps maintain sanity to ignore the things that prove you wrong. Otherwise, all his talk about how EU doesn't affect discussion on movie plot points (which is true) is irrelevant. Because GL never said Palpy could destroy any of the EU chars nor Anakin (though they could).

I'm not arguing with Lucas. In fact, I'm merely agreeing with his own company's stance on the EU and that stance, unfortunately for you, is that EU is officially canon unless contradicting the films, in which case the film's credibility takes precedence. If a writer says Anakin joined the Dark Side because he likes red lightsabers, he'd be wrong and his EU contribution would be non-canon. But the fact that someone as powerful as Darth Revan existed is indeed official canon. Hell, Lucas has gone so far as to select which ending "actually happened".

How's that for GL ignoring EU?

jango fatt
So you're saying that Jar Jar would defeat Montross,jodo kast,Jaster Mereel,silas etc.

Bardock42
Yup he said that one ewok could kill all Jedi and all Sith during the Darth Bane War yes

jango fatt
He's so stupid

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Wanderer259
I see he didn't argue against me. I guess it just helps maintain sanity to ignore the things that prove you wrong. Otherwise, all his talk about how EU doesn't affect discussion on movie plot points (which is true) is irrelevant. Because GL never said Palpy could destroy any of the EU chars nor Anakin (though they could).

I'm not arguing with Lucas. In fact, I'm merely agreeing with his own company's stance on the EU and that stance, unfortunately for you, is that EU is officially canon unless contradicting the films, in which case the film's credibility takes precedence. If a writer says Anakin joined the Dark Side because he likes red lightsabers, he'd be wrong and his EU contribution would be non-canon. But the fact that someone as powerful as Darth Revan existed is indeed official canon. Hell, Lucas has gone so far as to select which ending "actually happened".

How's that for GL ignoring EU?

Sorry, that's not actually true- GL humself said that EU was a parallel universe to his own creation, not part of that creation, even if it does not contradict. He went on to say "I don't get too involved in the parallel universe."

However, none of that is any reason to cast down threads which speculate for fun, as the threads referred to in the opening post do.

exanda kane
if i had created star wars i wouldn't be wasting the chance to get completely involved in EU, sure he's a busy man but with creative license he should be writing his 90th EU book now.

Fishy
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
now if you will all excuse me i will be going back to the SW movie sections, where the stories and plots are not completly useless..

have a nice day smile

Then why the hell did you come here and post this?

Wanderer259
I'd venture to say that you're actually the one that's wrong. LucasFilm Ltd. has decreed that though EU is subordinate to movie canon, it is still valid and part of official continuity. There's no getting around that; LFL set it in stone.

There's four levels of canon as set by LFL's canon policy: G-canon, C-canon, S-canon, and N-canon.

G-canon: movies, move novelizations, movie radio adaptations, visual dictionaries, making of's, DK Star Wars books, and cross sections are all absolute and take precedence over any contradictions.

C-canon: everything in EU currently (stats in the games are N-canon), superceded only be G-canon sources. The real trouble with contradictions are here, where C-canon sources start contradicting each other.

S-canon: "secondary canon"; story is non-continuity, but the non-contradictory parts still apply as canon. Star Wars Galaxies and the things that happen in it are considered S-canon.

N-canon: "non-canon"; the only thing not actually canon and this includes game stats, etc.

As for George Lucas and his staying away from this "parallel universe", I don't think the evidence backs it up, even if he did say it. Aayla Secura? Part of the movies and thus G-canon, but originally a completely EU creation (C-canon). The idea of 'Darth' being a title is an EU creation, but now it applies to Sidious and Maul as well. Darth Bane and the Rule of Two? Completely an EU creation, however, Yoda talks about both in TPM so Bane is now G-canon and indisputable. Timothy Zahn is the man that set Coruscant as the galactic capital and GL accepted it and made it G-canon. GL even used the EU to introduce Grievous and other characters. Hell, The Ewok Adventures was written by Lucas and it's considered part of the EU, so he's actually made some EU.

EU may not be as valid as the movies, and thus in arguments such as who owned the Falcon first, Solo or Lando, the book that says Solo did is incorrect and therefore that aspect is non-canon. Otherwise, EU is canon and part of the official continuity of Star Wars.

Rabid movie fans may not like it, but it's fact. It's also somewhat painful to know some of the bad books are canon because they don't contradict anything, so us EUers feel the pain, too.

Ushgarak
Sorry, no, not true, you are incorrect. Steve Sansweet and George Lucas have spoken definitvely on this matter- and if Lucas said it, you CANNOT deny it; it overrides absolutely everything you say, including the gibberish above, which was an entriely EU effort to creat a continuity for itself, created by Lucas Licensing only for its licensed line, nothing to do with George Lucas at all, and NOT there to override GL's view of the seperation between EU and films, which, as I say, he has been clear on.

That is their policy and the policy of this board. GL says the EU is a parallel universe to his own- end of story. Respect that, thankyou.

Bardock42
All this talk doesn't change a damn thing....if someone wants to comparre Jar Jar with Exar Kun...he can do that and he can claim whatever he wants.....if its canon or n ot doesn't matter.....its both fiction and just because one part of the fiction was made by the original person and one by some random author doesn't change it....we saw in the comics what bane could do and we saw in movies and books an comics what sidious could do now we can compare them and decide for ourselves who we belive would win....

Darth_Glentract
sorry Ushgarak, I ckecked a bunch of websites and Wanderer259 is right.

Otaku_Sith
ok, im sick of in the Vs. threads where people say that exar kun would rape sidious and maul and vader at the same time. you gotta be kidding me. these EU characters are just friggin stupid.

any characters that are CANNON! automatically win anything by default because they are cannon....

like i could write a book called the "vengeance of sidious" or something where sidious kills 500 jedi knights and on and on and on. that would then because EU, and then all that exar kun crap would be null and sidious would be the best. thats why EU characters are just dumb...

the writers go way overboard with these characters and then 'we' say that they would destroy any of the cannon characters. its just plain dumb.

exar kun vs. sidious?

sidious wins just because hes a cannon character....get that through ur heads. and if you cant do that then stop comparing EU characters to cannon characters. because its just too friggin dumb.

compare cannon characters to other cannon characters and compare EU to other EU, dont mix it up and try to argue that EU characters are better simply because 1 random author says they are...

Lucas is right 100% of the time and if he says that Anakin or Palpatine is the strongest then that overwrites any EU crap....live with it.

im done my rant now... Well Exar would kick Sidious ass

Wanderer259
There's the quote you hold in such high esteem. The key phrase here is "my world, which is a select period of time". George Lucas doesn't care what happens outside of the time period between Episodes I and VI, but everything else is free range so long as he (LucasFilm, Ltd.) finds it acceptable.

EU is part of the official continuity of Star Wars. There is no way around it. There's just no EU capable of undermining the movies.

I'm also glad to know you ignored the fact that GL used a lot of EU in his movies, which shows he does indeed pay attention to it.

Ushgarak
That doesn't make a blind bit of difference! He is free to use EU influences if he wants, as much as he is free to use influences from any fiction out there, as he always does.

Ok, let me make this clear. This is NOT a debate. George Lucas, and Steve Sansweet, whose very job is dealing with fans, have both made it perfectly, totally, 100% clear that as far as GL is concerned, ONLY THE FILMS are canon, with quotes like:

"When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves - and only the films,"

And this about Boba Fett, confirming about how these things are in SEPERATE continuities- when asked if Fett died in the pit:

"Yes, in George's view -- as far as the films go -- the baddest bounty hunter in the Galaxy met his match in the Great Pit of Carkoon where --unfortunately for Mr. Fett -- the ghastly sarlacc made its home.

However, Lucas also approved Fett's comeback in the expanded universe."

Get it? In the Expanded Universe he is alive after that, but in the REAL SW Universe, the one that Lucas created, he died there. They are different. You cannot have it that Fett is alive in the books but dead in the films and pretend they are in the same continuity.

And finally George Lucas' own quote saying that the EU is different world to his- a parallel universe that is NOT his own.

Now, if you want to bury your head in the sand and ignore these facts, feel free. However, on this board, we listen to sense and fact, not merely supposition and irrelevancies.

That is the end of the matter. In all threads, that is the policy that shall be followed. No more argument on this tiresome subject, or I close. Or policy is clearly stated in threads in this area and anyone not wishing to follow the policy of this board is not welcome here.

That is that.

Wanderer259
I don't think it's as clear cut as you may believe, but I'll respectfully lay down the sword for this fight; it's not worth it to cause any bad blood.

Darth Revan33
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That doesn't make a blind bit of difference! He is free to use EU influences if he wants, as much as he is free to use influences from any fiction out there, as he always does.

Ok, let me make this clear. This is NOT a debate. George Lucas, and Steve Sansweet, whose very job is dealing with fans, have both made it perfectly, totally, 100% clear that as far as GL is concerned, ONLY THE FILMS are canon, with quotes like:

"When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves - and only the films,"

And this about Boba Fett, confirming about how these things are in SEPERATE continuities- when asked if Fett died in the pit:

"Yes, in George's view -- as far as the films go -- the baddest bounty hunter in the Galaxy met his match in the Great Pit of Carkoon where --unfortunately for Mr. Fett -- the ghastly sarlacc made its home.

However, Lucas also approved Fett's comeback in the expanded universe."

Get it? In the Expanded Universe he is alive after that, but in the REAL SW Universe, the one that Lucas created, he died there. They are different. You cannot have it that Fett is alive in the books but dead in the films and pretend they are in the same continuity.

And finally George Lucas' own quote saying that the EU is different world to his- a parallel universe that is NOT his own.

Now, if you want to bury your head in the sand and ignore these facts, feel free. However, on this board, we listen to sense and fact, not merely supposition and irrelevancies.

That is the end of the matter. In all threads, that is the policy that shall be followed. No more argument on this tiresome subject, or I close. Or policy is clearly stated in threads in this area and anyone not wishing to follow the policy of this board is not welcome here.

That is that.

Sure, that's true but the original subject is talking about the character battles in which Anomally thinks anyone in the movies beats anyone in the non-movies. And since George Lucas rarely says who anyone is stronger than (except for that 9 levels of combat thing) there is really nothing wrong with saying that Exar Kun could defeat Sidious or whatever.

Ushgarak
I didn't say there was.

DCLXVI
Hmm. Wanderer259 is the first EU-supporter to trully back up his convictions.
Bravo. wink

Darth Ridah
wow, I had no idea that there were so much more material I'd never seen before I really need to catch up, & btw Revan would wipe his ass with palatine. (palpatine with all his power couldn't even convert a little *** like luke to the darkside) fu#$in bantha poodoo if you ask me.

exanda kane
thats true . . . even though i thought Revan would win, Palpatine couldn't even convert Luke . . .

My mind is now in perspective.

Fishy
Yes because being able to convert a lot of Jedi makes you all powerful roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously I believe Revan would own Palps, and converting Jedi is an achievement but it hardly means he is more powerful then anybody else that didn't do that

exanda kane
Point taken but Revan could flick Luke to his side instantly, that isnt deabtable tho.

Darth Ran'dal
hmmmmm, this anomaly dude has an irrational hatred for EU......he's Supershadow!!!! And just what sort of idiot whines about the EU in the EU forum???? If you don't like it, ignore it, just as I will with all of anomaly's future posts

Vanquish
Although I totally don't agree with how the original poster said it, I have to agree to some extend of what he is saying. I too believe that the movies will superscede any EU story lines. GL, the creator of Star wars, certainly has the final say on who is and who isn't the strongest. I think the EU is fun to compare, to read about, and to think about, but certainly the movies hold the highest importance because they are made by the creator of the very concept of Star wars.

I agree with Ush completely. Whatever GL says to be right, IS RIGHT period. GL doesn't dismiss EU, but he has made clear that the movies are of the highest importance and validity.

Any of the Jedi's or Siths that are in the movies considered to be of the strongest ever, such as Yoda, Anakin, Palpy, maybe Mace, and even Obi wan, MUST be respected as that. You can't come in and say that it would take all of them just to take on Exar kun or Reven or something like that. It has been stated by the creator of Star wars that the movie characters are of the strongest ever. I'm sorry if you don't agree with him, but the fact remains, GL is right when it comes to star wars. Palpy is as strong as any Sith ever, and Yoda is as strong as any Jedi ever. Anakin had the potential to be the strongest ever, but fell short. GL said it, so it must be true.

exanda kane
You have a point, but (irrespective of what GL says) those characters arent called the strongest ever.

On a geekier note, there are bigger fish out there like Revan and Exar Kun, but the will of the force determines what happens in the film.
Anakin is the chosen one, as the prophecy says, and the unifying Force does all it can to make it happen.

These characters arent the strongest ever, there just lucky and take a lot of killing to fufill the prophecy.

Finally, I'm really starting to dislike GL. True, he created Star Wars and he's a pretty good director but he dismisses the efforts of talented writers that have filled in his gaps and many, many plotholes.

It must be frustrating for a SW writer etc. to gain recognition for strong characters (Thrawn) and then for Lucas to say it doesnt happen!

Fishy
Originally posted by Vanquish
Although I totally don't agree with how the original poster said it, I have to agree to some extend of what he is saying. I too believe that the movies will superscede any EU story lines. GL, the creator of Star wars, certainly has the final say on who is and who isn't the strongest. I think the EU is fun to compare, to read about, and to think about, but certainly the movies hold the highest importance because they are made by the creator of the very concept of Star wars.

I agree with Ush completely. Whatever GL says to be right, IS RIGHT period. GL doesn't dismiss EU, but he has made clear that the movies are of the highest importance and validity.

Any of the Jedi's or Siths that are in the movies considered to be of the strongest ever, such as Yoda, Anakin, Palpy, maybe Mace, and even Obi wan, MUST be respected as that. You can't come in and say that it would take all of them just to take on Exar kun or Reven or something like that. It has been stated by the creator of Star wars that the movie characters are of the strongest ever. I'm sorry if you don't agree with him, but the fact remains, GL is right when it comes to star wars. Palpy is as strong as any Sith ever, and Yoda is as strong as any Jedi ever. Anakin had the potential to be the strongest ever, but fell short. GL said it, so it must be true.

GL never ever said they are the strongest, strongest of their time... Really powerful possibly the strongest, never strongest of all times. He has never claimed that the movie chars can beat all others... Never

Wanderer259
No one ever said they didn't.

No one said they were, but we think they might be. Isn't that the point of this board?

Whoah now, hate on GL for mistakes he made in the movies, not the EU. He never dismissed it; he only said he really doesn't mind it. To paraphrase George, he said that Star Wars can and has gone on without him and that doesn't sound like GL hating on the EU to me.

((The_Anomaly))
thank you, this is exactly what i was saying in the first place.

Lord_Windu
Vanquish, when did GL ever say the movie characters were the strongest?

Reborn Again
I think the EU characters are best to flesh out the cannon character traits. I have seen Luke Skywalker grow into an amazing Jedi, not only with the Force, but as a person as well. And the best thing that has happened to him is his marriage to Mara Jade. I thought Luke would never meet anyone he would settle down with. There was one character, a ghost on an abandoned Imperial ship that he showed care for, but nothing beats his love for Mara Jade. As for character vs. character, it's hard to say who would win in a fight because it all depends on the situation, environmental factors and the mind/body relation of the people fighting.

Darth_Janus
GL's concern is the movies. His interest in the EU is interest say, Spielberg has in a Jurassic Park book or bideo game. It's a nice addition to what he's building, and he won't dismiss it because of the money potential and that it stirs up a fanbase... but at the same time, he doesn't think outside the box that is his movies.

And I think a lot of people just have the hardest damn time believing that anyone could defeat the precious movie characters just because we get to see them in living color. It's easy to love a child or adult, but a fetus who hasn't been seen yet and whose personality is almost nonexistant is harder to love, no?

The fact remains that EU is here to stay. GL's word may be gospel for some, but for those of us who like to use our brains and speculate or imagine, for those of us who want more than just to be spectators in GL's SW universe, we prefer something more rational. To each his own... just don't sink to cramming things down each other's throats. This is for discussion, not mindless echoing of another's words.

Fishy
Besides GL never said Luke would be the stongest ever... He never even says Anakin has the highest midithingie count ever... Just a really high one and higher then everybody at that time... Nothing more

Otaku_Sith
Midichlorians and you're right about that one Janus.

Vanquish
I never said " they are the strongest ever " like so many of you are saying. Read my post. I clearly said " OF the strongest ever " That means that I agree that possibly Exar Kun, or Reven or something might be stronger, but it certainly doens't mean that they could b1tch slap them.

GL has made clear that Yoda is of the strongest Jedi ever and Palpy is of the strongest Sith ever. He doesn't say they ARE the strongest, but he clearly feels they are about as good as it gets.

That in my mind means that although Reven or Kun could possibly beat them one on one, it certainly would be a very close battle. And I don't care how many Vong Luke can Kill in the NJO, I think GL makes it clear that Yoda is damn strong, and that would probably be a good fight.

That's all I meant by that. Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't agree with anomoly saying they ARE the strongest because they are in the movie. I just said they are OF the strongest, because Lucas says they are.

exanda kane
I just prefer people to say there the strongest in the movies.

Saying that I don't trust most of the crap Lucas comes out with.

Rayvann Sadow

exar kun vs. sidious?

im done my rant now...

Proof of his stupidity!!!

DiamondBullets

exar kun vs. sidious?

im done my rant now...

You's a b!tch! And yer wastin' yer time, nigga! Aint nothing wrong versing EU against movie characters. Like someone said earlier--"So, your saying C-3PO could kill Exar Kun.?"<------Is that what your sayin? That's dumbshit!

Darth Chronos
Well, if EU wouldnt exist, Star Wars would've been boring long ago, it would be like ''Ive seen the movies, been there'', EU makes the games, comics, and fanfilms too. Just think about the mini clone wars series, most enjoyable!

Darth Sparhawk
Interesting topic, currently I'm investigating the problem and i'm writing an article about this in my own web-site.
I agree partly with the idea. For me, the characters from the movies are strongest. If Lucas said that they are, I don't think that any other sources matter. That's why I always vote for Palpatine and Vader and not only because I find some of the EU characters cheap.
For me the root of the problem is that some EU authors does not hold enough respect for Lucas and his creation. Let's create a character who blows stars they say, and he'll be greater than the Lucas characters. For me, he won't be. He'll just be overestimated character with powers, which contradict to Lucas, who said that Anakin is the strongest. Ever.
BTW, there are rumors that there will be a movie about the ancient wars between Sith and Jedi (it was said in theforce.net). I hope so. It'll clean the matter. BTW, I bet that GL won't use any EU characters in it.
On the other hand, I am not against EU. I have entertained myself with it. I love some of the stories. But I just hope that the EU authors can stay more faithful to the original story. For example, Timothy Zahn did a very good job. Thrawn was a great villain and he didn't crush any stars. Zahn'series are an example of great job in EU.
Jude Watson also did a good job with her EU books. And again she had a great baddie, Xanatos, who was really dangerous without being Superman Prime.
The NJO series had some strong moments too, from what I've read. But some things... crushing suns is very cheap.
So that's my opinion - EU is fun and cool, but it is not on the same league as the movies, it can not be and never will be.

Nactous
Good job Wanderer259, I have been fighting for EU along time, most of the mods, i will not mention names have a one sided opinion, and you cant change that, but if you ask me Canon is all opinion, and s up to you as an individual.

PVS
EU has no place in the saga forum. the forums are dedicated to canon, written by GL. deal with it erm or you can just endlessly cry because you have no life and no sense of prioity. if you are on the frontlines of this battle you most likely:

-have no friends (real life friends, not the fellow crybabies you find online)

-will never get laid without paying money for it.

-live in your mom's basement indefinately

-hate your life

truth sucks doesnt it? sorry to be the messenger laughing out loud

ResubianNushi
Originally posted by PVS
EU has no place in the saga forum. the forums are dedicated to canon, written by GL. deal with it erm or you can just endlessly cry because you have no life and no sense of prioity.

See? He's got the idea. EU doesn't belong in the Saga forums, only here.

Darth_Janus
Well duh, EU doesn't belong in the movie forums themselves, but why the hell do you movie loving purists come to the EU and literature sections and raise hell?

PVS
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Well duh, EU doesn't belong in the movie forums themselves, but why the hell do you movie loving purists come to the EU and literature sections and raise hell?

im not one of them erm

and yes, it might be a subject worthy of a big fat "DUH!" to you and me, but there are those who constantly spam the saga forum with EU, and destroy discussions with EU spam and endless crying because they dont like forum rules. i think that is the cause of this anti-EU nonesense.

as for my post here, im just baiting a certain whiney baby who's been harassing people at the saga forums. someone whom all this means way too much to laughing out loud so dont mind me.

and anyone who would invade the EU section should also really prioritise.
i understand the frustration of having discussions ruined by EU, but as long as they stay on their side of the fence with it, who frikin cares? cant people enjoy things that you may think "suck"?

but as for this thread, i smell 100% bait, and you all took it hook, line, and sinker. just step back and ask yourselves "does it really matter?"

Darth_Janus
No, it doesn't matter.

But us EU folks enjoy a good Anomaly bashing. He seems to enjoy it himself.

Rayvann Sadow
No, it doesn't matter.

But us EU folks enjoy a good Anomaly bashing. He seems to enjoy it himself.

I detest Anomaly.

Tangible God
I also detest Anomaly.

And Immigrants.

Nactous
I detest PVS, Tulak was right about him. BTW, we are int the EU Forum, we have the right to talk about it.

Darth JLRTENJAC

exar kun vs. sidious?

im done my rant now...

SHUT UP! or better yet DIE!

Darth JLRTENJAC
HEY ANOMILY!

"Im an avid gamer, so i watch gamerTV, they interviewed him on telly, and he says he wants to be more involved, i reckon he just wants to make sure the storylines are up to scratch, KOTOR 2's ending was pointless, but...now with GL on, he could give us the star wars game to remember for ages, unless they give KOTOR 3 a sucky ending and we have to wait 3 or 4 years for the next one to come out."

So Whaddya think about that? GL working on EU.

ESB-1138
I don't think this is fair. Lucas created Star Wars from his own mind and spent years and years and years working on it. But authors are using Star Wars to get money and the same for games.

Darth_Janus
You must not have a grasp of how things work...

GL and his company get the majority of that money, and it's his word and the word of hsi company that allows it. You cannot peddle SW related merchandise without reprocussion from the law unless it's sanctioned by Luasfilms or one of its branches (Like Lucasarts.)

Ushgarak
Err, yes, that is what licensing is all about. Regardless of any arguments about canon, ALL these products are Official.

Darth_Janus
I'm surprised you didn't crack down on the "SHUT UP OR DIE!!" Comment posted above. I thought that was a bit... rash.

PVS
Originally posted by Nactous
I detest PVS, Tulak was right about him. BTW, we are int the EU Forum, we have the right to talk about it.

sounds like someone needs a hug.

Imagawa666
Anomalys a jabroni. Exar Kun was real. I mean the KOTOR games are canon arnt they. And Kun gets mentioned quite a few times. To Lucas it makes him money so even if he says it isnt official it doesnt matter to him anyway.

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by Imagawa666
Anomalys a jabroni. Exar Kun was real. I mean the KOTOR games are canon arnt they. And Kun gets mentioned quite a few times. To Lucas it makes him money so even if he says it isnt official it doesnt matter to him anyway.

Kun is real? Did I miss something? I thought he was fictional?

And KOTOR isn't canon in the strictest sense. Movies are the highest 'level' of canon, followed by novels, games and comics, provided that these 'quasi-canon' sources don't totally contradict GL's works.

Chucko the Hutt
HELLO THERE IS A REASDON FOR WHY THE VERSUS FORUM IS UNDER THE VERSUS FORUM IS IN THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE SECTION, THATS BECAUSE, ITS EXPANDED, UNLESS IT IS A BATTLE THAT HAPPENED IN THE MOVIES. SO DONT COME TO THE GODDAMN EXPANDED UNIVERSE SECTION, AND ASK PPL NOT TO TALK ABOUT EU CHARACTERS, EU IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS SECTION.

P.S. EU KICKS THE HOLY SH*T OUT OF THE NEW MOVIES
P.P.S. THE RISE OF THE EMPIRE JEDI AND SITH WERE PUSSIES COMPARED TO THE KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC AND THE ANCIENT SITH LORDS

Abyssal Lord
Originally posted by Chucko the Hutt
HELLO THERE IS A REASDON FOR WHY THE VERSUS FORUM IS UNDER THE VERSUS FORUM IS IN THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE SECTION, THATS BECAUSE, ITS EXPANDED, UNLESS IT IS A BATTLE THAT HAPPENED IN THE MOVIES. SO DONT COME TO THE GODDAMN EXPANDED UNIVERSE SECTION, AND ASK PPL NOT TO TALK ABOUT EU CHARACTERS, EU IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS SECTION.

P.S. EU KICKS THE HOLY SH*T OUT OF THE NEW MOVIES
P.P.S. THE RISE OF THE EMPIRE JEDI AND SITH WERE PUSSIES COMPARED TO THE KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC AND THE ANCIENT SITH LORDS

Is there any reason you feel the need to make a total ass of yourself an type in all caps?

ResubianNushi
Originally posted by Abyssal Lord
Is there any reason you feel the need to make a total ass of yourself an type in all caps?

Chucko the Hutt
relax buddy, just trying to make a point here, sorry if my all cap-ism hurt your eyes, but the arrogance, and ignorrance in his statement of the anomaly annoyed me to no end.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Imagawa666
Anomalys a jabroni. Exar Kun was real. I mean the KOTOR games are canon arnt they. And Kun gets mentioned quite a few times. To Lucas it makes him money so even if he says it isnt official it doesnt matter to him anyway. Because GL will be dead in about 25 years.

Kun's real? Man, either you're Japanese or Oda kicked your ass.

Darth_Janus
Which Oda?

Tangible God
Nubanaga? Nubohide? Nubohiro?

Darth_Janus
Nobunaga is the scarier one.

Tangible God
Nounaga was a mothaf*ckin badass who beat the shit out of anyone who opposed him.

I wish I could sip some sake with him.

Darth_Janus
Except for Akechi Mitsuhide, who kicked his ass.

Tangible God
Lol, Takeda Shingen COULD have kicked his ass, but he didn't so he sucks.

Darth_Janus
He was too busy trading blows with that Buddhist alcholic.

Tangible God
Lol

(sigh) You play enough of Shogun: Total War, you get to know some names.

Darth_Janus
I read up on the era, after a friend rented a copy of Samurai Warriors. Very interesting and dynamic time period.

Ushgarak
Kun is real? Did I miss something? I thought he was fictional?

And KOTOR isn't canon in the strictest sense. Movies are the highest 'level' of canon, followed by novels, games and comics, provided that these 'quasi-canon' sources don't totally contradict GL's works.

For the last time, that is not how canon works- the games and comics are of NO canon value at all; that is the policy of this board.

This has gone obviously off-topic; closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.