How do you feel about Lucas's so called 3-D filmaking revolution?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShotgunWes
We all know that Lucas is the guru of digital filmaking, special effects, etc, but now he and most of the other filmakers have decided to start making all of their future movies in 3-d. Personally I don't see how it would work. Because they can't make the entire scene 3-d they can only make the character 3-d, or if they do make the whole scene 3-d what would be different from how movies are now? I think it would distract viewers from the scene as a whole and they would only focus on what is 3-d.

mandalorian_war
kewl idea

Ken Kenobi
This doesn't need to be in the Episode III forum...moving.

ragesRemorse
just another money grubbing plot

Cinemaddiction
They made that decision? Lucas only said he MAY re-release the Star Wars Saga in 3D. That only means that he'll have to revisit and use some fancy technology. No reshoots required.

ShotgunWes
I wan;t talking about SW. Those films are already done and they can never truly be 3-d. Because for it to be 3-D it has to be shot with a special camera that he didnt use for SW. And yes Speilberg,Cameron, and others have confirmed that they will be doing thisin the future.

Cinemaddiction
The new 3D medium wouldn't be the same as the old, obviously, and not just characters could stand out. Think about it, View Master, where things are popping out as you, on a movie. Brilliant! It's not like ALL their movies are going to be shot that way, it's risky and costly.

TheFilmProphet
I agree, an interesting idea nonetheless.

jango fatt
Neh, just a way to make more money

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by ShotgunWes
We all know that Lucas is the guru of digital filmaking, special effects, etc, but now he and most of the other filmakers have decided to start making all of their future movies in 3-d. Personally I don't see how it would work. Because they can't make the entire scene 3-d they can only make the character 3-d, or if they do make the whole scene 3-d what would be different from how movies are now? I think it would distract viewers from the scene as a whole and they would only focus on what is 3-d.

I say as long as this is the last star wars movie he will ever make then let him do what ever he pleases.JM smile

Cinemaddiction
I think its really naive to just say this is a marketing ploy. Considering how well IMAX 3-D movies do, and that these 3D movies wouldn't be able to be shown nationwide, that's hardly the case. There's a lot more to it than what's being tossed around, idea wise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.