Supposedly TFN has seen ROTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
They are suppose give out 3 reviews. We'll see

LandoSpeeder2

TheForceSupreme
^^^^^DiD NoT rEaD11!!!!!1

LandoSpeeder2
Continue

Now taking off my fan hat and putting on my parent hat, I have to mention the PG-13 material in the film. To be quite honest, I expected it to be a lot more intense than it ended up being. I think if you let your child watch Attack of the Clones and LOTR: Return of the King, then there's nothing in this movie that's more intense than in those. Anakin is shown preparing to kill Jedi children in the Temple, but the scene is switched away quickly like it was in Attack of the Clones before he killed the Sand People women and children. You see heads and arms lopped off at other moments in the film, but the camera doesn't linger on it any more than it did in Attack of the Clones. Padme is shown being Force choked, but it is rather quick and almost glossed over. (Anakin and Obi-Wan have a conversation over her body before starting their battle.) The most intense thing in the movie is Anakin literally getting set on fire and burning alive. This probably clinched the PG-13 rating. His hair is burned away and his skin is cooked. It goes by quickly, but you're going to have to judge for yourself if your kid can handle it. Padme also does a lot of screaming and crying while delivering the twins and that could upset kids. Oddly, I also think a scene where Palpatine gets his wrinkled, evil face is quite disturbing and could give small kids nightmares. In the end, I recommend screening it first without your kids, then deciding based on that if they can handle it. Personally, I think I'm going to take my young kids now and take them out of the theater during the parts that could potentially scare them. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Overall, I think George Lucas has learned from his previous mistakes on the other films. While this is by no means a perfect movie, I think it will please fans.

What Didn't Work:
Revenge of the Sith does have its problems. First and foremost, it's a little hard to buy Anakin's turn to the Dark Side. He does so very abruptly. He goes from being a loyal Jedi to mowing down Jedi children within a few hours. Admittedly Lucas had to turn him within the short running time of the film, but it didn't seem like a natural progression in the movie. It needed more time to develop.

I was also disappointed with Padme's final fate. Lucas tries to get across that she dies of a broken heart rather than by being choked by Darth Vader, but it's hard to buy. No matter how you cut it, Anakin kills his wife. Yet despite proof that he murdered children, destroyed the Jedi Temple, and choked her, Padme still insists there's good within him. Really? Where? It's certainly not apparent in the movie.

There were also a few moments where I cringed at the pure cheese. For example, Chewbacca reprises his "Tarzan yell" from Return of the Jedi. I didn't think that was such a high point that it needed to be relived. Also, when Darth Vader breaks free from the operating table, he does so in a clumsy manner like Frankenstein. It was terribly awkward. The ensuing, "Noooooo!" by James Earl Jones is also a surprisingly weak.

Also noteworthy is the fact that the Kashyyyk battle is extremely short. The whole battle is on the screen less than a couple of minutes. I was also disappointed that General Grievous didn't have a bigger role. He doesn't do as much in the movie as you might hope. I also felt that Yoda gave up battling Sidious way too easily. It would have been more logical to have seen him stay on Coruscant and wage a guerilla war against Palpatine. Oh well.

The movie also leaves a lot of questions unanswered. Why does Leia remember her mother? (I'm sure it's something to do with the Force, but this is never mentioned.) Yoda also casually mentions that the ghost of Qui-Gon is still around and will train Obi-Wan how to be a ghost, too. Really? When did he learn this? It's almost a passing mention in the movie, yet it is fairly significant. Grievous is also shown coughing a lot, but it is never explained why. (You have to watch the Clone Wars Cartoon Volume II to see that.)

The Bottom Line:
Revenge of the Sith is probably one of the best of the prequels and it should satisfy fans who were unhappy with the first two.

TheForceSupreme
^^^^^DiD NoT rEaD11!!!!!1 Part 2. wink

macgeek2005
What a dork. Don't listen to a word he said. This is the best star wars movie!

jay bird
Dude . . . .,

I'm so freak'en done with fanboy's and there ever changing overly medapauseale opions and reviews!!!

astrofan428
Good review

Sith Master X
Originally posted by macgeek2005

How can you determine that when you haven't seen it yet? laughing out loud For all we know it could end up falling short. I'll admit it doesn't look that way, but it depends on how everything flows together.

.:Space Opera:.
i hate it when these kids try to talk like theyre big bad ass critics out there like they're worth something. "OOOOO im the creator of TFN and I'm also an acclaimed film critic as well..." this film Will be awesome, you know why? because even if it does suck it is still STAR WARS and our stupid little minds will make us enjoy it either way...

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by macgeek2005

Sorry to say it, but you're making it seem like you are the dork. Don't judge the movie until you see it.

Sure it looks great, but you have to SEE it before you can properly judge it.

DarkYoda
What I hate is that there will be all of this negative hype from ones who have already seen it (that are still mad about Episodes I and II).

Those negative people will, in effect, TELL all of the other moviegoers what to think. Let people decide for themselves I say.

Kind of reminds me of how everyone got on the Episode I sucks bandwagon after it made loads of money. Obviously people liked it initially but became soured by all of the reviews (and admitedly some good points wink )

Prod
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Sorry to say it, but you're making it seem like you are the dork. Don't judge the movie until you see it.

Sure it looks great, but you have to SEE it before you can properly judge it.

I have unfourtunately FORCED MYSELF to beleive that ROTS is the best movie...out of the 6...I have put so much effort into getting every single little spoiler...that I have forced my self...and I cant change it now...just like ROTK was my fave before I saw it (it still is)...

I know HBP will be my fave book...I have waitied for it for TOO long...

I am just like that...

so I will probably like this better than ESB...

awesome review though...

astrofan428
Yeah I thought this was a well stated review, it wasnt glowing but it was good. I have no problem accepting the critiquing(sp) this will take, I dont mind bad reviews, most poorly reviewed movies I end up likeing it(Riddick).

But something like the review Devil Dodo found and posted in the Pre May 19th thread, that person looked like he was really reaching for things to say where bad, the entire review was nothing but negative and horribly stated on the reviewers part. Yet at the end we get all this absolutely great movie crap.

While this guy kept spewing the good and saving the bad for later, this review made me want to see this movie even more.

Mist
*is not listening*

must....not....read.....

Mist
oh yeah, i read in the Time magazine yesterday, they said rots still has a few cheesy parts and so one...but not as bad as aotc...if i remember correctly....

astrofan428
Damnit Mist shouldnt you be off buying the game or something?

Just messing with you man, excellent sig.

Oh and is that guy in your avator that Vos guy I keep hearing about?

Gord
I think you guys are too set that this will be the best star wars movie, and fail to listen when people say its not. Everyone has said it's the best prequel, but it's not the best movie. The two triliogies are too different. ROTS sounds absolutally amazing, the cheezy parts in AOTC didn't bug me at all, and I'm sure I won't even notice them in this movie. I'm sure this will be the best star wars movie too, but I'm learning that not everyone feels that way, and I accept their opinion, I don't blindly say that it IS THE BEST without seeing it. That said, I NEED TO SEE IT! haha

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
Revenge of the Sith is probably one of the best of the prequels and it should satisfy fans who were unhappy with the first two.

That's a really stupid thing to say... it either is the best of the prequel trilogy or it isn't. I mean, there's only three of them to choose from. roll eyes (sarcastic)

anyway... the only part I read was the "What Didn't Work" part, because well that's really what we have to worry about. They generally seemed like fair statments and seemed consistent from other reviews we've read.

But as I've said before... I'm my own critic. I will decide if this is a good film or not.

Originally posted by Gord
I think you guys are too set that this will be the best star wars movie, and fail to listen when people say its not.
no, it's just MacGeek that's like that...

EHmasterJedi
That review sound about right its going to be a decent movie but will still have it share of SUCK! LOL

tlbauerle
I didn't read it...can someone paraphrase?

smile

I want to hear JG humble himself about the whole Yoda farting thing....

Jedi Priestess
Josh hasnt posted his yet.

astrofan428

tlbauerle
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Josh hasnt posted his yet.

Awwww...still waiting for that humble pie....

tlbauerle
NO HUMBLE PIE FOR ME!!!!

Josh posted his review. It was dumb...especially comments about the score.

Strange...no mention of Yoda's gas...The LIAR!!!!

And to think MF.com hated me because I said they were all sheep for buying into that garbage and jihaded my ass. f*ckers...

manny321
i think this movie needs to be good or this movie wont make a lot of money.

benje-kenobi
are you serious? this movie would make a shed load of money even if it was the worst of the 3! People pay before they see it. Even if all the reviews were negative the millions of sw fans would still go see it. I would.

**worst of the 3 prequels**

OB1-adobe
One of them complained that Anikan's turn was too abrubt, which I thought was retardted because he has been on the dark path since AOTC.

kiadimundijedi
HE DIDNT SEE $HIT...

I Smell bull crapola

kiadimundijedi

Stunrun
not a bad review, but not entirely great. But i look at it this way. We all have our own opinions, infact alot of us here, and on every other movie forum have our own opinions. I mean, they are designed for DEBATE and youll get that everywhere, so because of this reason im little more relived. If i could see this movie tommorrow, my review could be totally the opposite, who knows? i enjoyed the The Phantom Menace, but the critics didntyes

So i wouldnt go dwelling on the negative too much, because we ALL have our own opinions and expectations for this movie, and they'll all vary from each and everyone of us.

LandoSpeeder2
kiadimundijedi, that's Josh's review.

EDIT: well, Matt's and Josh's review are exactly the same, guess tfn messed up or somthin.

kiadimundijedi
No kidding, sorry if anyone though that i wrote it, sorry for confusion

Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
kiadimundijedi, that's Josh's review.

EDIT: well, Matt's and Josh's review are exactly the same, guess tfn messed up or somthin.

.:Space Opera:.

OB1-adobe
You know the acting in the OT is not that great either.

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/new...RTR&coview=

I hate to say it (Knock on wood) but we have yet to read a bad review.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.