Ian McDiarmid: Best Supporting Actor?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HAROLD
It'll never happen, seeing how the Academy feels about the PT. But every ROTS review I've read says that McDiarmid's performance as Palps is the highlight of the film.

What are your thoughts?

TheForceSupreme
I don't read reviews not spoilers. And if it was up to me McDiarmid would get an oscar for best performance evAr!!!111

Knowone
would be nice but will never happen

GCG

you could explain at least why it will never happen

HAROLD
Originally posted by GCG

you could explain at least why it will never happen Umm... I thought I told everyone why.

The Academy HATES the PT. No amount of good acting or visual effects will make them give ROTS anything. It will be nominated for visual effects, yes, but it WILL NOT get any acting nods.

GCG
not you ; i was refering to Knowone

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by HAROLD
Umm... I thought I told everyone why.

The Academy HATES the PT.

Hate to break it to you, but the academy hates the OT as well. And we already have a SW Oscar thread.

Alliance
Star Wars will not get and Oscar...i dream, but dreams are dreams...nothing more.

HAROLD
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Hate to break it to you, but the academy hates the OT as well. And we already have a SW Oscar thread. Hate to break it to YOU, but ANH got seven nods including Best Picture.

Knowone
The academy hates GL and star wars, since hes not in the gild, and sh*t like that

Texansfan05
It would be nice but i'm not holding my breath

pr1983
the pt hasnt had acting worthy of that much recognition so far... its behind the ot in that respect by a fair bit...

((The_Anomaly))
i can see that he might deserve it, but i dont think it will happen..

unfortunatly, Ian is amazing...im waiting to see his preformance in ROTS more then anything else...

atheist
It will never happen! The writing in PT is some of the worst ever! Even if Ian gave it his best it would never happen because of crappy dialogue.

El_NINO
I have a better chance getting struck by lighting on my ass then SW getting any kind of Oscar

DarkYoda
YOU WILL DIE!!! is genius dialogue!!!

Very memorable!

laughing Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance

ickeris2003
he's such a talented actor but the academy would never nominate him. only for special effects

tlbauerle
McD as Best Supporting Actor....

In the immortal words of the Big L: "That's f*cking interesting, man...that's f*cking interesting."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.