Evange's Amalgam Tournament Announcement: Roster and Scheduling

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
I apologize for the minor delay.

The Schedule:

All members who have registered after February 2005 are banned from voting (Unless you're a tournament participant).

All tournament participants are required to vote in the matches. If you do not vote then I will deduct 1 vote in your favor from your match.

If you have a strategy "write-up" you would like to submit to me before your match, please do so. I will post your write-ups when I create the thread.

All amalgams will have 1 hour to prepare before their battles. Spying or attacking before the 1 hour period of prep is up is prohibited.

The types of battlefields will be announced when the match is created.

-Evangel smile

stormfront13
crap....well i'm always ready for a challenge

Nataku8188
lol, my FAVORITE opponent!!!

Khellendros
Will our characters have any knowledge of who they're fighting?

K Von Doom
Scoobless... great! I like Quasar but you're going down. Heh. embarrasment

With regards to Khellendros, I assume that the "mind" in charge would know the opponent if they've had contact with them... ie. Superman's mind would have knowledge of JLA members, Cap's mind would have knowledge of the Avengers... etc.

DigiMark007
A Wed. showdown with ScarletSpider, eh? Good luck SS, and to everyone else too.

I'll be ready. I got my JLA fruit snacks ready to go, and I'll be wearing my lucky hat.

-DM

Sentry
Hmmm.. Dr. Flash Man is my opponent. Barry and Strange is who I'm worried about. God, monday of all days. I'll be at work for the latter part of the day, but I'll be there.

DigiMark007
Remember we're required to vote guys...in all the matches. Wouldn't want anyone losing votes on something like that...

-DM

Sentry
I'll vote. Crap, I got like a 12 hour work day on Monday. Shhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!ttt. Don't worry though I'll be there. I'll probably come on and longpig will have a ton of votes... Sigh... Well i'll try to get on my computer as soon as possible.

K Von Doom
It'll be interesting to see the first match and how all this 'one mind' controlling three sets of powers thing plays out.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Sentry
I'll vote. Crap, I got like a 12 hour work day on Monday. Shhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!ttt. Don't worry though I'll be there. I'll probably come on and longpig will have a ton of votes... Sigh... Well i'll try to get on my computer as soon as possible.

Sentry, Evangel said we can PM her with a "battle strategy" that we want to have posted when the thread gets made. You might not be able to refute longpig right away, but if you do that (before Monday), the basic tenets of your plan against longpig will be known from minute 1 of your battle. Should give you at least a fighting chance...

-DM

stormfront13
nataku i might not be her friday i'm going out w/ friends so i sent a half battle stragety lo evang

nimbus006
well whens the first match?

nimbus006
ahhh noooo!! Evangel you suck!!! i was really looking forward to voting no

DigiMark007
Just watch and take notes then, nimbus. The fights will still be cool, and you may end up in a tourey yourself eventually.

-DM

nimbus006
yea i know, but i just wanted to give my input.

DigiMark007
It's a shame for people like you, but in general I think the rule is fair. Newer members sometimes either don't know enough about the characters, or are biased fanboys, and sometimes might sway the vote for no good reason. I know you're not any of those things, but it's intended as a safeguard, and probably does more good than harm. So sorry, but there'll be other chances...and some people have even made tournament-esque threads where they have a team and other have to build a team within certain rules and try to take it down. Just as fun as a real tournament, just withut the voting.

-DM

nimbus006
yea i know its true, i guess its fair embarrasment, but i was rearching each character to know them as bests as possible before voting, its like doing your Homework and the teacher not collecting it

Scoobless
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Scoobless... great! I like Quasar but you're going down. Heh. embarrasment

i think not my slow moving opponent smile

With regards to Khellendros, I assume that the "mind" in charge would know the opponent if they've had contact with them... ie. Superman's mind would have knowledge of JLA members, Cap's mind would have knowledge of the Avengers... etc.

the mind in charge will have all of it's own memories..... no additional knowledge..... i think

do we have knowledge of our opponents component characters before the fight?.... or are we all going in blind?

Nataku8188
I think no one should help the fighters argue, at all. They should simply vote and use quotes from the contestants actual posts. Otherwise they may help the contestants out.

Oh, and SF, have fun, the fight isn't going anywhere.

DigiMark007
Good luck again to everyone. Good or bad, I'm actually pretty thrilled to be in a tourney, so this should be fun. With our drafting, pictures and bios, theme songs, and all the other stupid stuff (I have mascots...lol) we're definitely a bunch of dorks, but it's fun as hell, and gives me a reason to put off studying for finals (getting a degree and a job is overrated anyway...lol).

-DM

Scoobless
who you callin' a dork?......... ya dork!

Flash Thordon takes insults from no man........ now we must kung fu fight!.....kicking

Nataku8188
Flash thordon is a frankenstein superhero! The incredible destruction surfer is the epitome of MSPaint!

Scoobless
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Flash thordon is a frankenstein superhero! The incredible destruction surfer is the epitome of MSPaint!

perhaps....... but you gotta admit that, considering i gutted 4 or 5 different (and unrelated) pictures, it came out pretty well..... i thought the hammer would be awkward but it was one of the easiest parts to do

and none of the pictures i used had the guys in the same pose

DigiMark007
General Kinky looks more like a badass than either of your guys

...but Sentry's pic whups us all...

-DM

stormfront13
so whats up are we doin this or not cause for me its saturday and not friday anymore

Sentry
Wasn't their supposed to be a match yesterday?

BENITO
well I'LL BE up for a good scrap

BTW. my team woud be
SPAWN
DR. strange
and The man called NOVA

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
General Kinky looks more like a badass than either of your guys

...but Sentry's pic whups us all...

-DM

pffffsssshh!

Sentry just used a pic of Marvel...... no other component characters are even hinted at

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/capt_marvel_35.jpg

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Scoobless
pffffsssshh!

Sentry just used a pic of Marvel...... no other component characters are even hinted at

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/capt_marvel_35.jpg

I didn't realize that, for some reason it looked tampered with enough to be his amalgam...In that case, he's stripped of the "best picture" title.

Vive la General!!

-DM

DigiMark007

Scoobless
la General sucketh..... stick out tongue .... lol...... it's all dark and blurry looking......don't see much of Loki or Apollo in him either (not a gay pun)

embarrasment

DigiMark007
la General sucketh..... stick out tongue .... lol...... it's all dark and blurry looking......don't see much of Loki or Apollo in him either (not a gay pun)

embarrasment

If you click on it, it enlarges and isn't as "dark and blurry"...besides dark and blurry to one man is noir and artsy to another. And Apollo's inside the armor, thus not part of the pic. Loki's presence isn't really seen in the pic, but Zod's appearence alone is enough to make him look sweet.

And Apollo is the body, but Loki is the mind, so I'm not entirely sure what my character's sexual preference is. I think I'll leave it ambiguous to create more tension around the "feel" of the character.

-DM

Nataku8188
And Apollo is the body, but Loki is the mind, so I'm sure my character is a homosexual transvestite.

I think that about sums it up. wink

DigiMark007
I think that about sums it up. wink

So what you're telling me is you want me to vote for stormfront?? Ok, great. That's what I'll do then...

-DM

DigiMark007
...*mumble*...lucky as hell I don't vote based on stuff like that...*mumble*...
mad wink mad

-DM

Nataku8188
So what you're telling me is you want me to vote for stormfront?? Ok, great. That's what I'll do then...

-DM

Heh heh... all in good fun. I don't think you could bring yourself to do that though, I'm much too lovable... >.> <.<

Scoobless
do we have to give our votes tonight?

DigiMark007
do we have to give our votes tonight?

I think Evangel wrote that voting would last through Sunday night for this first match...so "No" would be my answer. I'll be voting later on tonight, because I won't be around much tomorrow, but I think you can wait until tomorrow.

-DM

P.S. Don't worry Nataku, I'm not that petty. smile

DigiMark007
From page 1 of this thread...

Nataku8188
"Norrin Bruce Emerson - The Incredible destruction surfer"
Silver surfer: Mind/Body/abilities
Hulk: Gamma radiation (Rage powers)
Damage: Powers
Silver Surfer
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...php?entryID=590
Damage
http://www.titanstower.com/source/w...amage.html#hist
Savage Hulk
http://www.hulklibrary.com/hulk/inf...s.asp?Id=savage

vs

stormfront13
"Hurricane"
binary-powers/body
bloodstorm-powers/magic ability
zatanna-mind/powers
Bloodstorm
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/red_rain
Zatanna
http://www.unstable.com/whoswho/zatanna.htm
Binary
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop....php?entryID=90

***Voting will be extended until late Sunday night pacific time ***

...so no, we don't have to vote today...

Scoobless
I think Evangel wrote that voting would last through Sunday night for this first match...so "No" would be my answer.

you patronising fu*k

lol

if we both get through the first round i will destroy you

evil face

DigiMark007
you patronising fu*k

lol

if we both get through the first round i will destroy you

evil face

??? confused

You asked, didn't you?

And bring it! I'd look forward to a possible meeting, but I can't look ahead just yet...have to fight SS first.

-DM cool

Scoobless
??? confused

You asked, didn't you?

And bring it! I'd look forward to a possible meeting, but I can't look ahead just yet...have to fight SS first.

-DM cool

it was the quotation marks around "no" that give it a sharp edge.... big grin

yeah..... i've haven't exactly got an easy match myself

Morg the Mind fu*king Martian

i probably wouldn't have picked him to fight

shifty

stormfront13
i have a question. it may sound weird but..... i know some people most likely don't like me but are you gonna vote against me cause of that?

Nataku8188
Originally posted by stormfront13
i have a question. it may sound weird but..... i know some people most likely don't like me but are you gonna vote against me cause of that?

More people dislike me. Get over it.

DigiMark007
Because of what?? Personally I'm voting for whoever I think mixes a strong character with strong debating the best. Whether or not I like someone won't be a factor (And don't worry, I don't have any problem with you) and it shouldn't be a factor for other people either.

-DM

DigiMark007
More people dislike me.

Very true. You got nothin' to worry about in the popularity department SF.

big grin

-DM

P.S. I don't have a problem with you either, Nataku, but I know you wouldn't mind even if I did.

Scoobless

lol....YES, absolutely....

lol

of course not.... i'll vote based on the statements you and nat make and see which is more believable.... but i want to see proof of this latest phasing ability you've claimed.... i have a few "Mutant X" comics and i haven't seen her phase... only go misty and go around/under stuff

Scoobless
More people dislike me. Get over it.

hahaha...... everyone fu*king LOVES me

and i'm not joking either....... you all know it's true

cool

stormfront13
ok i was just askin cause i'm not sure if people are like that

Nataku8188
ok i was just askin cause i'm not sure if people are like that

They are. I was fighting Lord S in a tournament, his team didn't even get posted, he didn't even show up, and he still got 2 votes and I got 3. It was pure retarded.

stormfront13
lol that would suck

Scoobless
They are. I was fighting Lord S in a tournament, his team didn't even get posted, he didn't even show up, and he still got 2 votes and I got 3. It was pure retarded.

lol..... that happened to a few people in Scarlet Spider's tournament as well...... this system works a little better

stormfront13
yeah it might

K Von Doom
What time does the voting end?

DigiMark007
For the first fight it ends Sunday night...Evangel didn't give an exact time, but you certainly don't have to vote tonight. To be safe I'd vote by early afternoon on Sunday.

-DM

long pig
I'm sort of confused. Our character doesn't know how to use ALL their powers, just the one where we have mind/body/powers?? But he CAN use powers that are not triggered by normal human action?
ie. supreme can run fast even if he doesnt know that he can?

Digi, I think your donkeys can be considered cheating.

BENITO
I'm always left out of things

But I do make excellent sigs

long pig
lol@ BENITO gettin' cocky over his kick ass sigs.
He does do damn good sigs tho.

BENITO
I know but it's all the praise I get and come on I want to join in with this thing.

Swanky-Tuna
I wish I had known about it earlier. I was completely oblivious to all threads about it until yesterday.

long pig
all 8 threads? stick out tongue

DigiMark007
longpig, how the hell are my donkeys cheating??? If somehow you think that they are, I'll get rid of them, but they're just harmless cheerleaders...

And the "mind" of our character has complete control over his/her powers, but only has an hour to learn the powers of the other two...so if the others two's powers are somewhat difficult to master (magic, speed force, etc.) one could confidently assume that the character would have some access to those powers but not complete mastery of them.

-DM

long pig
Well, for ONE thing, your donkeys intimidate me.
Nah, your donkeys own all.

Thanks for the recap, I was horribly confused.
When you fight me, ill make sure your death will be quick and semi-painless.

Sentry
Originally posted by long pig
Well, for ONE thing, your donkeys intimidate me.
Nah, your donkeys own all.

Thanks for the recap, I was horribly confused.
When you fight me, ill make sure your death will be quick and semi-painless.

That's good you wannt take Digi. But you have to get past me first.

Scoobless
And the "mind" of our character has complete control over his/her powers, but only has an hour to learn the powers of the other two...so if the others two's powers are somewhat difficult to master (magic, speed force, etc.) one could confidently assume that the character would have some access to those powers but not complete mastery of them.

-DM

you're posting this to annoy me, aren't you?

lol

stick out tongue

DigiMark007
you're posting this to annoy me, aren't you?

lol

stick out tongue

No, but annoying you is a bonus.

big grin

Scoobless
i've just looked over the dates for the battles.... i'm up on thursday..... i may not be available.... if i'm not i'll do a couple of write ups in advance and get them to Evangel..... but as it's the last first round fight we may (hopefully) get an extension on the voting ..... like Nat and SF are getting

long pig
What are Loki and Apollo eating? A pumpkin?

DigiMark007
What are Loki and Apollo eating? A pumpkin?

There's an enlarged image of it that I found too....from what I can tell they busted a rubber ball and they're just both holding onto it with their teeth.

-DM

long pig
I challenge those two donkeys to a fight.

DigiMark007
First they're cheating, and now you want to fight them?? What did the donkeys do to you? LOL

Actually, it seems like the donkeys are in your head now...psychological edge if we meet in Round 2.

Besides, they'd kick your ass...did you ever see that movie where a donkey is a football kicker...one good kick would take your head off...and there's 2 of them to worry about.

-DM

long pig
lol, i was joking about the cheating.

You're right, if we meet, ill be thinking about what those damned donkeys are up to the whole time!! arrgghhh!

I'm 6'4, 185 with like a 20in reach and i know kung fu from watching lots of martial arts movies....those donkeys are as good as dead. then...the pumpkin/rubber ball will be mine!

savagerampage
hey i wanna get super powers 2

DigiMark007
Originally posted by savagerampage
hey i wanna get super powers 2

Talk to Marvel (or JP)...maybe they can hook you up. hehe...

-DM

DigiMark007
i know kung fu from watching lots of martial arts movies

That about sums it up. Forget the pumpkin/ball...Loki and Apollo would be chewing on your head next. laughing out loud

-DM

DigiMark007
Sorry for the multiple posts, but I had an idea...maybe we could be in charge of our own matches. We could agree on a time with our opponent, then just make it an make it last at least a day/day and a half/etc. It might be more efficient...and having them up for at least a day would give everyone a chance to vote.

-DM

Scoobless
considering all the different time zones involved i'm not even a little bit surprised that this hasn't stuck to the original timetable...... i never thought it would go this much over it though

Evangel really needs to be on more to answer some of the questions that are coming up.... there's a few points in the current match i'd like clarified before i vote...

1, the whole thing with Khell's character about how much experience he has with the powers
2, it has been used as a strategy by Khell (not picking on you.... honest) that the indestructible battlefield be softened then hardened around his opponent..... we need to know exactly how to take "indestructible" in this context.... is it completely above all harm? can it be softened or altered?

as more posts get entered there will probably be more questions.... Evangel should try to be around more to deal with all this rather than showing up once or twice to count the votes and extend the matches

long pig
Ah, Scoob. Your wisdomosity astounds me foo'!

I agree totally,
Evang' made an awesome tourny, with an equally awesome and compelling concept.
All she lacks is she is hard to get ahold of for questions.(of course shes probably busy being extremely beautiful and amazing and great and awesome and wonderful in everyway....and )-wipes brown off nose-.

Anyways, she'll be around later today I'm sure, then everything will be peachy.

DigiMark007
I Pm'd Evangel about Khell's character and the whole "history" thing. It doesn't directly affect me, but the outcome could mean quite a bit for future matches and how our powers are used. As soon as he/she responds I'll let everyone know...

And not realizing how long these matches would go, I'll be out of town from Wed-Sun here in a few days. If I have to fight during that time, I'll probably ask if Quick Freeze wants to take over Gen. Kinky again...assuming Evangel approves. But as long as my match gets in before Wed. afternoon it'll probably be a while before I fight again, so I might be ok.

-DM

Scoobless
I Pm'd Evangel about Khell's character and the whole "history" thing. It doesn't directly affect me, but the outcome could mean quite a bit for future matches and how our powers are used.

well his history thing probably wont stand.... as i posted in the thread ... his history shows Blackstrom as a fully developed and realised character.... but he isn't using Blackstrom's mind, he's using Majestic's.... therefore he's back to square one with the whole "learning to use the powers" thing

Khellendros
2, it has been used as a strategy by Khell (not picking on you.... honest) that the indestructible battlefield be softened then hardened around his opponent..... we need to know exactly how to take "indestructible" in this context.... is it completely above all harm? can it be softened or altered?
I figure if Magneto can temporarily soften adamantium, Blackbolt can do the same. And he has done the "sink an opponent into the floor" thing before, so I didn't just pull that out of thin air.

well his history thing probably wont stand.... as i posted in the thread ... his history shows Blackstrom as a fully developed and realised character.... but he isn't using Blackstrom's mind, he's using Majestic's.... therefore he's back to square one with the whole "learning to use the powers" thing
It might not. But I DID post it for everyone to see, including Evangel herself. And, I'm using Majestic's mind because, except for some different experiences in early childhood, he's still mentally the same Majestic.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Khellendros
I figure if Magneto can temporarily soften adamantium, Blackbolt can do the same. And he has done the "sink an opponent into the floor" thing before, so I didn't just pull that out of thin air.

i know "indestructible doesn't always really mean "indestructible" ie. adamantium..... that's why i'm asking ... is the "indestructible" landscape really "indestructible?

K3VIL
Challenge me

Originally posted by K3VIL
Noru The God

Height: Over 7 feet
Weight: Over 200 Lbs
Distinguish Features: Spikey Haircut of blue and white color, Glowing Eyes full of electrical energy.
Classification: Metathuman, maybe member of elemental race

Powers:
Noru is a being composed of electrical energy, he's like a living generator, and there's actually no limit to the amount of electricity he can generate, and he can use it for various purposes, like granting himself many superpowers.

Superhuman Strenght:
Noru can power up his body with electrical energy becoming a possessor of high level of Class 100 Of Strenght, while fighting on a flying fortress of the size of a small city, he punched the ground causing an earthquake that destroyed the entire fortress.He was also able to K.O. the with a single blow.

Invulnerability and Regeneration:
As a being of energy, physical attacks cannot harm him, but when he's in solid form, he still possess a high degree of invulnerability, even a huge portion of his body in human form will get destroyed, he can regenerate to an outstanding speed.It took a quantum energy bomb to slightly partially damage him in his solid form.
Noru is also immune to telepathy cause he's composed of energy and his mind is immune from psychic attacks.

Superhuman Reflexes:
He like to sayed he's fast as lightning, but he was seen dodging attacks like the energy blasts of Thanos like they were standing still.
He was also able to catch in mid air both SHAZAM! and Superman and throw them away.

Superhuman Speed:
In his solid form he use his electrical power to enhance his metabolism and power up his body, this make him able to reach ground speeds over Mach 18.

Superhuman Senses:
He can perceive radiowaves, so he can track down a person just by focus himself on the sounds he emits, he can even scan through the radiowaves to find the cardiac heartbeat of his foes and hunt down them.
He can also detect any kind of energy and see through any wavelenght of the EM Spectrum and Cosmic Radiations

Flight:
He can hover and fly through creating an electrical field so powerful that even if unconscious he will still float in air, in his energy form he can fly and hover without creating energy fields.
His flight speed is equal to that of Gladiator in space, while in Earth he can reach speeds around Mach 20/25

Teleportation:
He can manipulate the electrical fields he generate to teleport himself at great distances, even from Australia to U.S.A., but his most impressive teleport feat was appearing in the fortress of the Watcher on the blue zone of the Moon

Energy Projection and Manipulation:
He can generate sufficient electrical energy to level cities with no effort.He destroyed Latveria's main city just cause he always thinked Dr. Doom was kinda boring
He can project lightning bolts, balls, or even concussive electrical blasts, he can emit EMP, shut down any kind of machinery, levitate objects, jam neural impulses, he can even create sentient beings of electrical energy with raw power near to his own, which actually didn't show a limit.He can also absorb radiations, heat and other kind of energies,
he was even able to absorb part of Superman's force field, leaving him defenseless.

Scoobless
this is an organised tournament with characters that are amalgams of three current comic character....... keep your brainchild for an appropriate tourny

p.s, the whole "Noru is a being composed of electrical energy" thing would make him vulnerable to energy absorbers...... which this tourny is full of

big grin

K3VIL
this is an organised tournament with characters that are amalgams of three current comic character....... keep your brainchild for an appropriate tourny

p.s, the whole "Noru is a being composed of electrical energy" thing would make him vulnerable to energy absorbers...... which this tourny is full of

big grin
He sentient energy if you absorb him he'll just came out destroying your body.

Scoobless
Originally posted by K3VIL
He sentient energy if you absorb him he'll just came out destroying your body.

so is Living Lightning.... he couldn't do anything to stop Eric Masterson Thor from *abusing* him

Scoobless
anyone else notice that the only two characters to carry weapons got paired against each other in the first round?

long pig
Like who?

DigiMark007
Flash Thordon and Morgred the Martian...Hammer vs. Axe.

But everyone forgot about my ninja-stars. Mwahaha...

-DM

P.S. Gonna be out of town for a while (until Sunday). I have a PM into Evangel...my match might get switched with Scoob vs. KVD (pending Evangel's approval). All parties affected by this have been notified already, but this is so everyone else knows too.

long pig
Psh, everyone seems to forget about my ball and chain. sad

Scoobless
Psh, everyone seems to forget about my ball and chain. sad

lol @ your ball

stick out tongue

long pig
Psh, Mr Ihaveabighammertocoverupmyiddybiddyparts.
big grin

Scoobless
Psh, Mr Ihaveabighammertocoverupmyiddybiddyparts.
big grin

at least i'm not a Eunuch

embarrasment

long pig
You disrespect my honor?

We must thumb wrestle!

1 2 3 4 i declare a thumb war.......

K Von Doom
anyone else notice that the only two characters to carry weapons got paired against each other in the first round?

I'm sure that's just a coincidence... or is it? embarrasment

Scoobless
I'm sure that's just a coincidence... or is it? embarrasment

i guess they just wanted to knock the guy with the Axe out of the tournament as quickly and easily as possible

at least SOMEONE considers your character a threat.... just not someone who's actually competing

stick out tongue

evil face

laughing

CorderaMitchell
An Eunuch, ouch a good one.

Scoobless
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
An Eunuch, ouch a good one.

yeah..... Long Pig's a Eunuch...... and he brags about having just one ball..... he's a well balanced Eunuch....... if by well balanced i mean psychotic and dumb

cool

CorderaMitchell
Just laying it on him eh?

Scoobless
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Just laying it on him eh?

i'm surprised he hasn't been back claiming he has "honour" as he normally does

evil face

CorderaMitchell
You can't say much with that kind of evidence brought up against you.

long pig
Cord, he's just mad because his peoples claim to fame is wearing plaid skirts.
FREEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!
big grinbig grin

Dizzle
Can't forget their lack of undergarments or big, long, shiny.... swords. (GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER!) Hehe, William Wallace is my boy. Too bad he got some vital parts chopped off. And on a complete side note, obvious inuendo is really quite amusing.

Scoobless
big grinbig grin

*ahem*....you seem to forget that the inventors of the television and telephone were both Scottish....

you filthy colonial

cool

DigiMark007
Damn! Great fight KVD and Scoob. Despite the fact that I voted for Scoob, I thought you did a great job KVD. Part of me was rooting for you to take down the "champ"

...looks like that task falls to the rest of us. I already beat one Flash-character...I'm looking forward to possibly taking out another (lp & scoob).

-DM

Scoobless
Damn! Great fight KVD and Scoob. Despite the fact that I voted for Scoob, I thought you did a great job KVD. Part of me was rooting for you to take down the "champ"

...looks like that task falls to the rest of us. I already beat one Flash-character...I'm looking forward to possibly taking out another (lp & scoob).

-DM

damn.... the one day i'm not on and the fight ends... big grin

tx to everyone who voted

commiserations to KVD

so what happens now that we have 5 people in a knockout tourny?

CorderaMitchell
big grinbig grin

OUCH that was a good one.lamolamolamo

DigiMark007

so what happens now that we have 5 people in a knockout tourny?

I'm guessing one lucky bastard gets a bye for the next round. Then someone who fights (and wins) in this next round would have to get a bye to the finals...so the winner would have to win at least 3 battles, possibly 4. But that's just a guess. I suppose we could go into a round-robin style at this point, but that would take even longer than it's taking already.

I'm itching to make a new battle write-up, though, so hopefully whatever is happening we find out soon.

-DM

Scoobless
I'm itching to make a new battle write-up, though, so hopefully whatever is happening we find out soon.

well i went through most of my tactics in that last round...... the way the other matches had been going i figured it would have been a lot more straight forward..... and maybe that my opponent wouldn't show up

roll eyes (sarcastic)

i suppose i can pull a couple of new tricks out my a.... i mean i have a few more valid tactics...... confused

sad

DigiMark007
Yeah...I think we all know what the remaining characters are capable of (I don't have any 'tricks' in my sleeve) but General Kinky wasn't exactly stretched to his limit, and neither was my debating tenacity (as opposed to many of the matches that had multiple pages of debates).

But there's still at least one person I'd rather see taken out before I face him, so right now I'm mainly just interested in who I face next.

-DM

stormfront13
who do you want to see taken out??

DigiMark007
Everyone but me

cool

stormfront13
no, you said there was person that you don't want to fac and i was wondering who it was

DigiMark007
Right, and then I was a smart-ass and said "Everyone but me". Glad we're up to speed.

....hehe....

-DM

P.S. It wouldn't really help my cause if I said who, now would it? But then again I was mildly worried about ScarletSpider...so my opinions and worries don;t really mean a whole lot.

stormfront13
k, well i was just wonderin cause it seems like youhave a very powerful character

Dizzle
He has the strongest character, easily... But does that mean most powerful? (DUNDUNDUN!!! Ominous music)

Scoobless
Originally posted by Dizzle
He has the strongest character, easily... But does that mean most powerful? (DUNDUNDUN!!! Ominous music)

that's very debatable....... but if it helps you out i have a fair idea who he's worried about given what he's said throughout
....hehehe.... i'm pretty sure he's afwaid of wittle bittee....Wong Pwig and his main cwompwonent Stwange

stick out tongue

*Coward*

evil face

DigiMark007
k, well i was just wonderin cause it seems like youhave a very powerful character

Haha. I do, don't I.

cool

-DM

Nataku8188
I wonder if this tournament will ever end.

K Von Doom
i mean i have a few more valid tactics...... confused

sad

Indeed eek!

long pig
i'm pretty sure he's afwaid of wittle bittee....Wong Pwig and his main cwompwonent Stwange
evil face As he should be....

DigiMark007
Who said I'm scared of anyone? There's people I'd rather face than others, but I think we'd all say that if we were honest about it.

Besides, right now I'm more scared of your sig than your amalgam. Never knew Mario could keep it going for that long. 1Up indeed. big grin

-DM

Scoobless
isn't it customary to start the next round after the end of the previous round?

long pig
In some cultures, yes.

CorderaMitchell
In some indeed.

K Von Doom
Dammit, I just thought of a more effective amalgam combination. Dammit!

long pig
What was it?
I know one i was wishing i would have done.

Absorbing man/ultron/zoom

Nataku8188
I wish Evangel was more clear and concise about rules, and here more often to straighten things out.

K Von Doom
What was it?
I know one i was wishing i would have done.

Absorbing man/ultron/zoom

I'll keep that a secret... just in case. smile You're substituting Dr Strange, from your current line-up, for Ultron? I'm thinking the Sorcerer Supreme would be more useful seeing as you already have Creel's invulnerability. Of course, having Ultron automatically makes you invulnerable to telepathic attacks.

long pig
Check out what happend when Absorbing man absorbed Ultron in the comic.....
He became possibly the most powerful character to ever exist.

K Von Doom
Yes, but that was Earth X where Absorbing Man was able to absorb Ultron's knowledge and memories. I'm pretty sure that regular/mainstream Absorbing Man can only absorb the properties of materials that he touches.

long pig
No, he can absorb the powers and properties, he's absorbed mjolnir and had its powers.
He absorbed Thors body and was as strong and had most of thors power.

He gains the properties and immaterials of the thing he absorbs.

K Von Doom
Yes, I remember when he absorbed the Q-bands and became mega-powerful, but the Earth X Absorbing Man also absorbed Ultron's knowledge and memories - he was genius level in that storyline. And he was able to turn into multiple things at once - something that the current Absorbing Man can't do at the moment.

Scoobless
No, he can absorb the powers and properties, he's absorbed mjolnir and had its powers.
He absorbed Thors body and was as strong and had most of thors power.

He gains the properties and immaterials of the thing he absorbs.
i can see it with something like Mjolnir... but not a computer..... it's basically just a pile of plastic with some metals and low levels of electricity... it doesn't have innate power like a mystical weapon

long pig
Ultron was some sort of living computer, I don't really know the difference.
But it was all in Earth X, things are different there i guess.

Scoobless
i've also come up with a couple of different amalgam combinations since this started..... we should do another one after with a straight knockout set up... start with 16 and give each pairing a specific time limit for the fight..... the same voting system would do.... the rules are ok but can always use a second look

DigiMark007
i've also come up with a couple of different amalgam combinations since this started..... we should do another one after with a straight knockout set up... start with 16 and give each pairing a specific time limit for the fight..... the same voting system would do.... the rules are ok but can always use a second look

I'd be up for that. Evangel actually has a good idea here...with good rules, voting system, etc. We wouldn't have to change much...just make it 16 and streamline it so that it's faster.

Besides, I get bored a lot and I've thought of 2-3 really cool combos I'd like to use too (not necesarily better than what I have now...just different). Among them, Spider-Man, Batman, and Wolverine! His name: Fanboy Supreme! I figure the number of Wolvie fanboys on this forum alone will win me the tourney. cool

-DM

Scoobless
Among them, Spider-Man, Batman, and Wolverine! His name: Fanboy Supreme! I figure the number of Wolvie fanboys on this forum alone will win me the tourney. cool

-DM

HA.... you overlook the obvious flaw in your plan...... the fanboys of the two you don't pick as the mind will turn on you..... causing your inevitable defeat at the hands of my Jubilee/Ringer/Kangaroo combo

i call him Juberingaroo

confused

armandovalles
can i get into this tournament or is it too late. And if i can, what do i have to do? do i pick any character or can i combine characters like u did on page 1?

long pig
It's too late for this one. You can always join the next one......if this one ever finishes.....

Dizzle
Your about a month late armando... And when the hell is the next round starting? Are we feeling the wrath of Evangel cuz of the time complaints?

long pig
Mhm, I think we are.

DigiMark007
Scoob has mentioned maybe starting up another after this one finishes, with similar rules to the current tourney. It'd have 16 people instead of 10, so a lot more people would be able to join if they're interested (16 Teams?!?! It's kinda mind-boggling.). And say what you will about the speed of the tourney, but Evangel set up some nice, fair rules about the whole thing...so we have a decent basis for the start of another.

And have faith...it'll end soon. Me vs Khell is already up (come vote by the way...preferably for me, but voting at all is a plus), and only 2 matches to go after that one.

And WOOO! I made the "Final Four". Technically, it's the Final Five with this tournament set-up, but I like to make it sound as good as possible. The goal was just to win Round 1...with that done, I'm happy regardless of how my fight turns out (though winning is always good).

-DM

long pig
Yeah, scoob has a good idea. He wants it to be no magic...sad heh

But yeah, I'm suprised I made it past the first round too.....
And you did hella good seeing that you didn't even pick the characters.

DigiMark007
Well...I picked one of them (Apollo) and Quick Freeze started me off with some good ones (I particularly like Loki...even though I'm not terribly faimilar with him). But thanks. I'm looking forward to picking my own combo of three...fortunately I have a few good ones that don't involves magic in any way.

-DM

Khellendros
Yeah, scoob has a good idea. He wants it to be no magic...sad heh

But yeah, I'm suprised I made it past the first round too.....
And you did hella good seeing that you didn't even pick the characters.
YES! No magic. I'm in already. Err, would that include magical weapons like Mjolnir and Stormbreaker?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Khellendros
YES! No magic. I'm in already. Err, would that include magical weapons like Mjolnir and Stormbreaker?

i was thinking more along the lines of no spells ... the sort of thing where its all guess work as to how strong it is.... no telepathy either.... make it all more physical

DigiMark007
No telepathy or magic, eh? That's one helluva brawler-type tournament. If it happens, count me in.

ImmortalOne
Mjolnir and SB are weapons that are magically-imbued..... it can cast spells such as weather, lightning, etc..

Using the weapon to bash and pummel is Ok, but NO using its magicaly-imbued powers

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>