Dawn of the Dead or SAW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Goldenskull777
WHICH ONE?

WindDancer
This is no contest! Dawn of the Dead is far better. Even the remake of DOTD is better than Saw.

MildPossession
Dawn of the Dead original and remake. Didn't think much of Saw.

Cinemaddiction
Ditto.

epro
BOTH! Both of them are in my top 10 favorite movies, so you can't expect me to choose.

gls
I enjoyed the Dawn remake and i bought the unrated DVD.. i kinda liked Saw but i never bought the dvd. i won't until the price goes down cause i don't think its worth full price. wink

Wolfie
Saw was better than the DOTD remake, IMO.

Zilverz
Saw was good... but Dawn of the Dead remake FARRRRRRRRRRR better.. cant believe you would compare them

Goldenskull777
Why? In saw you could have never EVER guessed the ending. Dawn of the Dead is like Oh no Zombies Run.

BuRtOnEsQuE
I think Saw was VERY over-rated. It was more of a thriller than a horror, and had too many twists and turns to be genuinly scary.

DOTD however was bloody scary AND fun. Bit like Scream, then, except it's the end of the world... devil

gls
saw was over rated, but dawn of the dead was NOT scary. it was more action than anything.
i enjoyed both though

BuRtOnEsQuE
I thought it was scary. Scariest Movie of the year actually. But then again we were in a year when Open Water was complete cr@p, The Village was done as a romance and The Grudge was a copy of The Ring...

venom_x9
saw sucked dawn of the dead was ok rolling on floor laughing

tabby999
i found both of them good, not bothered

BadKitty
Originally posted by Goldenskull777
WHICH ONE? I thought this was a trick question.

saw was okay but dawn of the dead is the best hands down cool

BackFire
Both DOTD's are better then Saw.

retrostationdvd
dawn of the dead

retrostationdvd
how did that guy in saw come out of his bed in the hospitail and no one ever notice? Just wondering

tabby999
well i guess with the help of the guy who everyone thought was jigsaw. dont worry it was one of those holes the movie cant explain

ragesRemorse
Saw was a cheap piece of shit. Dawn of the dead was a cheap piece of perfection

BREN
there imo is only 1 dawn of the dead and that would be romeros,i did like dotd 2004 version but it just aint in the same league as the original,the origianl is 1 of the all time classic horror movies ever,i dont think the 2004 will ever be seen like that but its still pretty fun movie,saw for a film makers first movie (is and i really dont care what every1 else thinks) is a great well made movie
u didnt say which dawn u meant if its the romero version then the question doesnt need to be asked imo,but if its the 2004 version id say saw

opinions are like arse holes every1 has 1,live with it smile

papabeard
Difficult to say , they are 2 different types of film, DOTD was more visceral and physical, whereas SAW , which is not perfect but admirable,was slightly more cerebral and suspensefull.

I liked both, but for overall enjoyment id have to go with DOTD.

seever333
to retrostationdvd: the reason they didnt notice him was because the camera was in the wall and they were 100% focused on it

drunk_nazgul
Dawn of the Dead is one of my all time favorite horror films.
I like the newer version because... well, I don't know why. I just do.

Deicide
im goin with dawn of the Dead, im a zombie movie freak. even the Dawn remake was kool. the previews of Saw were all i needed to see that it was a P.O.S....and ite sequel. and the advertisements couldnt help themselves could they....ie "see Saw" get it?? Saw would have to stand on a ladder to kiss Dawn of the Deads ass.

Pandemoniac
Loved all 3 of them, but the original Dawn of the Dead is definitly the best IMO.

WrathfulDwarf
The original and remake of DOTD is far much better than Saw I and II.

Zombies pwned jigsaw!

LizzyT123
Dude, zombies are pure brute force, and they just eat anything that moves, so I doubt even if Jigsaw or whatever his real name is makes the most awesomest plan to eliminate the zombies, he'll still get pummeled.

SpiritReaver
Dawn of the Dead I knew this was gonna be Here MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVE EVER!

devilsreject304
I liked DOTD i thought Saw was a piece of shit.

Evil Dead
wow........I leave for a minute and newbs start comparing classic masterpieces like Dawn of the Dead to Saw?....

really, did this question even need to be asked? There's a reason why Dawn of the Dead is so heralded among horror fans and has been for more than two decades..............

Impediment
IMO, there is no comparing the two. Saw and DOTD are two complete oppostie films. As far as which is better, well I dont exactly need a Magic 8-Ball here. DOTD has stood the test of time and, like Evil Dead stated, is still heralded as the best zombie flick ever. Saw, IMO, was dreck.

xxbefybooxx
Well i fink i wil choose saw, comeone way better than dawn of the dead, yeh its a classic but saw is so much better ! i mean dawn of the dead yeh i like it but saw i love, saw 2 came out on that 20th n we r rented it out today ! YAY big grin

Nightwing Gurl
BoTh

steverules
I enjoyed bot Dawn of the dead's more. Killer zombie's killed more people than Jigsaw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.