Darth Maul=Lame villian.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Of all the villains in the Star Wars movies Darht Maul is easily the most lame ass villian of them all.Seriously you would think George Lucas could have come up with a better looking villian than Darth Maul. What the f**k? What the f**k? thumb down I mean come on give me a break.The guy looks like one of those wrestlers you see out of WWF or one of those Rock singers from the group Kiss.I mean look at the pics of those singers of Kiss and look at Darth Maul.they look amazingly similiar.Lucas must have got the idea to have Maul look like he does from the inspiration of that group Kiss. I could not help but laugh my ass off when I first saw a picture of him and that he was going to be in that movie.He was not at all a believeble looking villian like Darth Vader was.Lucas has clearly lost his senses and the magic touch he had in coming up with believeable villians and good story telling that he had with the original Star Wars trilogy.

BOTH JAR JAR BINKS "AND" DARTH MAUL were the two worst things about this movie.

Darth Syko
Darth Maul was the best villian since Boba Fett!
Vader was not a true sith lord, but then, neither was Dooku.
They were both too involved in politics.

Xam
Maul was the best,if maul would of stayed instead of dooku,the prequels would of killed easily ot!...my opinion

Bardock42
Hmm I disagree there my friend...I personally quite like Darth Maul of course he is not nearly as cool as Vader but well no one is (maybe yoda)....but I think it was also good that he died in the first movie...count dooku is better for Ep II and the clone wars since he's more of a politician.

BOTH JAR JAR BINKS "AND" THE LITTLE ANAKIN KID were the two worst things about this movie.

exanda kane
I also quite like Maul, yet his evilness is depicted in looks more than the whole thing, his just a warrior to me, not scary or anything. If Vader came walking towards me, I'd crap my self, If Maul strolled by I'd just say 'Where'd you get that tattoo shorty?'.

THE WHOLE THAT MOVIE WAS BAD APART FROM THE FIRST AND LAST FIVE MINUTES.

Bardock42
Actually I would crap myself with both....event though Maul seems to be even more evil...but vader is taller and cooler.

Mr Parker
Yeah Kane me to.If I saw Vader come to me,i would crap my pants but Maul,I would fall on the floor laughing my ass off or say-hey where did you get that earring in your ear dude? laughing

mike_kenobi
i personally think that maul is the coolest villin to ever hit the screens not just in starwars but in any movie. vader is cool but he lost his anakin fighting style due to the fact that he is mostly machine. i love the way darth maul fought in episode 1. he looks and fights better than any other villin. the only one better is obi-wan( he owns all in episoe 1)

exanda kane
he has no presence whats so ever. hes is no more than an obstacle for obi-wan than a character

Big Evil
Not worst, just overhyped. He was submerged in the darkness and had no motive other then to spread evil and terror throughout the universe. He was the perfect sith.

However dieing half an hour into the movie should've given the franschise enough sense not to milk his face on every lunchbox, candy dispenser, and magizine they could think of. Or maybe that was the whole point. The marketing industry is our sith and unfourtanatly thier hairbrain schemes are much harder for any sane person to grasp..

yodafan
Darth Maul is super cool! Come on, without the maul lightsaber fights Ep1 would just suck.

DenKi
GL didnt want to make any of new bad guys like Darth Vader,

Otaku_Sith
Well Maul is cool,but just think off him as one of Sid's mindless tool.But beside's that he kicks ass.

exanda kane
He is cool. But that is his only purpe. He hasn't got any depth to his character. Just the same as Grevious!

Jango's different. We know his legacy and he's also cool-looking. He works as a character!

Draco69
Darth Maul made Episode I watchable.

Corranhorn
Originally posted by yodafan
Darth Maul is super cool! Come on, without the maul lightsaber fights Ep1 would just suck.

Most of it did anyway.I don't like maul either.Also the guy who plays toad in x-men plays him aswell.That makes him seem even less frightning.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by exanda kane
he has no presence whats so ever. hes is no more than an obstacle for obi-wan than a character

exactly.He had no presence whatsoever.Such a lame villian.

Kun-ni Habeo
hes is a shttty character

kiadimundijedi
Ray Park (Darth Maul) will be at HollyWood Blvd. Theater 1001 W. 75th St. in Woodridge Illinois (suburb of chicago) May 18th-21st... Go there and tell him he sucks.

Mr Parker
I sure would like to. laughing

DredgeIsDead
I thought Darth MAul was koo, I hate Dooku tho, I think he's the lamest. Maul was an apprentice, He did as he was told like a good lil lap dog, was kinda lame to kill him off right away though, he would have been a little more validated i guess if he would have had some more time. Like maybe he could have escaped form corusant and been a true menace towards Obi-Wan, but hey, I love Episode I so rock on, Dooku is lame though, can't stand him.

exanda kane
Dooku is classy and uber cool! A much deeper character than Maul. big grin

Kenpokarate 2
Originally posted by Bardock42
Hmm I disagree there my friend...I personally quite like Darth Maul of course he is not nearly as cool as Vader but well no one is (maybe yoda)....but I think it was also good that he died in the first movie...count dooku is better for Ep II and the clone wars since he's more of a politician.

"""""""BOTH JAR JAR BINKS "AND" THE LITTLE ANAKIN KID were the two worst things about this movie. """"""

Agreed ...

Metawhatagins? confused

Darth joker
Darth Maul was esp 1 he was slient untill spoken to and was a truely a master of the dual blade. lets see another Darth pull it of i brunt hair try to do it.

Sans_Fi
I can imagine the birth of Darth Maul... her mother thought, black and red skin, horns, fire eyes, sharp teeth... MY SON CANT BE A GOOD GUY!

Darth Macabre
im pretty sure the black and red skin are sith tatoos, not his actual skin color. I might be wrong though.

Corranhorn
no ur right.the red and black are sith tatoos

2Tidus!
Their not. Its the color of his skin of his race which is I think called Zabrak, I gotta go and check.

Darth Macabre
Darth Mauls an Iridonian Zabrak, just like Eeth Koth. Eeth is not black and red he looks human except for some tattoos and the horns. I believe the red and black are sith tattoos.

Corranhorn
yea they are.Zabrak are not all black and red. Just look at eeth koth and agen kolar.

Mr Parker
as I said before,put a guitar in Darth Mauls hand and he would be perfect for the rock group KISS. laughing

Mr Parker
Bump.

Ahnold
Bump bump bump bump it up stick out tongue .

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to disagree with ya there, Monsieur Parker. Darth Maul was, IMHO, one of the best things about Episode I {not that he had lots of competition in that regard stick out tongue } - a cool, mysterious, freaky-looking Sith mofo with a super-cool double-bladed lightsabre to boot. Hands down, his fight with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon was the best thing about that film ...

Mr Parker
Man along with Jar Jar,he was the worst thing about it.Put a guitar over his shoulder and he would be perfect for the rock group Kiss.I laughed my ass off when I first saw him on screen.

Darthburgerking
I'm with you Mr Parker, Darth Maul was just lame, however I don't think he looked dumb, I like what his race looks like, but he was a lame villan who really could have been much coooler.

starwarsrules14
I thought maul made E1 worth watching

JediMasterLuke5
Maul was awesome, he was a very great duelist, and beat the crap out of Obi-weak Kenobi and got killed out of sheer luck by Obi-weal Kenobi.

Darthburgerking
it wasn't luck and even if it was that just means a skillful sith got beaten by a lucky strike that makes him sound even weaker.

starwarsrules14
The fight was still pretty awesome
even if maul got killed in the end

JediMasterLuke5
Originally posted by Darthburgerking
it wasn't luck and even if it was that just means a skillful sith got beaten by a lucky strike that makes him sound even weaker.
Then what do you call getting owned the whole duel and nearly dieing? If Obi-weak Kenobi wouldnt had been in the orginal triology he would had been killed off. Obi got lucky.

starwarsrules14
lol
agreed

Darth Travizzle
ya, Maul was one of the better sith.

PloKoon
Originally posted by Bardock42

BOTH JAR JAR BINKS "AND" THE LITTLE ANAKIN KID were the two worst things about this movie.

yes they were

exanda kane
Maul is rather lame.

maullover
well to say maul was lame stinks,first of all its Lucas fault for not developing the character the way he should been. Vader is a boring character,I think maul is sexy,great fighter,much more elegant than vader ever could be.

General Zodiac
Only because that was made in the late 60s early 70s. If Vader was made today his fight scenes would be so much better.

DiamondBullets
Ray Park is an expert in Wu-Shu kung fu, which includes the use of the quarterstaff. His butterfly flips and quick-poking side kicks are also attributed to this. He certainly added a visual flair that Dooku and Vader never could. Even tho he looked like Sweet-tooth from the "Twisted Metal" video games--I'd say his blinding speed and and Hong Kong-esque antics made it worth it. If anybody, I think Sebulba was the whack-ass villian.

SnakeEyes
Agreed ^

TheVapor
I'd have to disagree with anyone who says Maul was lame as a villian. I've compared Maul with other villians:

grevious just kept running away from the jedi and when he fought obi-won with four arms he lost two of them rather quickly and he die from a laser. Dooku in III took on 2 jedi and knocked out one but killed by the other. maul on the other hand fought 2 jedi and killed one and came close to killing the other. in my opinion if Maul ever fought Grevious, Dooku, and possibly Vader he would win. In character development Maul lame but that was Lucas fault.

thomas231
Mr Parker, you clearly should be shot, Darth Maul is or I should say was the man. Come on, kicking meople in the head, oh yeah lets not forget sticking ol Qui Gon like a pig. I mean damn, Lucas clearly made him in my likeness.

Ahnold
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Man, along with Jar Jar, he was the worst thing about it. Put a guitar over his shoulder and he would be perfect for the rock group Kiss. I laughed my ass off when I first saw him on screen.

I'm afraid that we're just gonna have to agree to disagree there, my friend ...

Also, in regards to Maul not being "developed" enough as a character, with hindsight, I believe that this was, in fact, a very wise move on Lucas' part. IMHO, at least, I feel that this only added to the aura of mystery surrouning Maul, hence making him a much cooler character.

When I first saw Episode I, I came away bitterly disappointed. One such issue that made me frustrated was the fact that they didn't give Maul a lot of screen time. But now I realise that this has perhaps merely helped to seal his status as a bit of a Star Wars legend ...

SithHappens
I thought he was a good portarial of a pure evil assain.

Captain REX
I think this thread is quite silly.

Someone on the last page was saying they'd laugh if Maul came up to them? I think not! You'd probably run like a scared little baby, because then he would slice you to pieces, because you're not a Jedi. stick out tongue

Darth Maul was a great villain, IMO. He was strange to look at, cloaked in black, kicked ass with a lightsaber, and so on. He was more the warrior-assassin variant of Sith Lords.

And whoever said that Dooku and Vader were not Sith is a wacko!

exanda kane
Wow, people actually like Maul - i would've thought you guys to be a little more sophisticated have what can only be described as 'taste'. I mean Grevious is just as bad - but he was expected to be bad as he was the villain from the finale of three very bad films.

And Maul cannot be described as elegant - just look at him! Dooku at least has more depth in his character as does Vader. Dooku is has much more elegance and grace than Maul - and Vader would if he had been filmed after the seventies!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.