The Shaggy Man vs. the Fantastic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
No preptime. No gadgets. Discuss.

DarkCrawler
Who the hell is The Shaggy Man?

Draco69
The General from the Ultramarines.

DarkCrawler
...Still don't ring any bells.

His powers are?

Draco69
Superman-Level Strength and Invulnerability
Hulk-Level Healing
Immortality
Immunity to telepathy

DarkCrawler
Well, I guess that he takes it, then.

DigiMark007
Th JLA couldnt take him down without prep. Unless Reed runs away then thinks of something, the FF are screwed.

-DM

Superherovandal
they didn't even really take im down but they got rid of him and sent him to Jupiter.

Draco69
Actually they had to send him farther than Jupiter. It was in the middle of the Astroid Belt.

Wynndar
Shaggy man's no Abraxis...regardless...when do u ever see a super team get blitz by an opponent with no prep time and win? Its a common plot device, super-team gets surprised by uber-powerful threat without prep time and loses/gets capture/is humiliated...followed by, Super-team gets prep/find enemies weakness/gathers their wits...then they come back and win. If u presume shaggy man can take the FF, there is no reason he couldnt take the JLA or X-Men

Draco69
He DID take the JLA.

Then when he came back, they STILL couldn't defeat him. Even with Orion and Martian Manhunter. They had to throw him into the Phantom Zone.

Superherovandal
Do you think he could take Doomsday?

Draco69
It's a tough battle...but no I doubt he could. And Doomsday would be hard pressed to destroy the General. The most he could probably do is knock the General out.

The Flash
You can't defeat Shaggy Man the same way twice, right? Or is this a different Shaggy Man?

Draco69
It's the General. Not Doomsday. You cannot really "defeat" the General. He's a mix of Lobo and the Hulk.

Mider
Doomsday and General have pretty much the same powers Shaggy man can addapt to any attack and cant be killed also He is immune to physic attacks dont know if Doomsday is immune to psychics though.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Mider
Doomsday and General have pretty much the same powers Shaggy man can addapt to any attack and cant be killed also He is immune to physic attacks dont know if Doomsday is immune to psychics though.

I would imagine that he's immune to them. Manhunter couldn't do anything against him.

-DM

Draco69
It's because the Shaggy Man is not biological. He's synthetic.

Wynndar
ok ive looked up who the shaggy man is...im totally unimpressed...a monster made of indestructable synthetic material with superhuman strength...another one dimensional joke from DC. Like i said, he's no Abraxis...the FF would destroy his plastic @ss

Tony Stark
FF every time... No issues. cool

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Wynndar
ok ive looked up who the shaggy man is...im totally unimpressed...a monster made of indestructable synthetic material with superhuman strength...another one dimensional joke from DC. Like i said, he's no Abraxis...the FF would destroy his plastic @ss

Then how did he beat down the JLA more than once?? He might be a one-trick pony, but it's a damn good trick.

-DM

Mider
How would they win if they have no prep time not even the JLA could win with out prep time and they have more members some of them major power houses with out any prep time Shaggy Man or The General would own the FF.

Wynndar
no..the FF would own Shaggy man...just like i said, he is no Abraxis

Draco69
Why?

Khellendros
Wow. Totally wishing I'd heard of this guy before drafting for Evangel's tournament ended.

Swanky-Tuna
The JLA doesn't seem to do a whole lot of prep when it comes to JLA destroying characters.

It's like that Darrell Hammond joke about men and women getting wrong numbers. Women will check their number and dial again. Men will dial that same number and press those buttons a whole lot harder.

The JLA destroying villain comes back? ATTACK IT HARDER!

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
The JLA doesn't seem to do a whole lot of prep when it comes to JLA destroying characters.

It's like that Darrell Hammond joke about men and women getting wrong numbers. Women will check their number and dial again. Men will dial that same number and press those buttons a whole lot harder.

The JLA destroying villain comes back? ATTACK IT HARDER!

Batman? roll eyes (sarcastic)

K Von Doom

no..the FF would own Shaggy man...just like i said, he is no Abraxis

What's up with comparing him to Abraxis, like twice?

Wynndar
Just comparing FF villains against JLA villains...Shaggyman sounds like something a 13yr old created...he kinda reminds me of the Hulk killer humanoid.

whirlysplat
Just comparing FF villains against JLA villains...Shaggyman sounds like something a 13yr old created...he kinda reminds me of the Hulk killer humanoid.

Hey the HKH is Shaggyman version 78 x 10 to the35 big grin

whirlysplat

Two words: "Mole man" Happy Dance laughing Happy Dance roll eyes (sarcastic)

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Batman? roll eyes (sarcastic)
Guh, I thought I put the Batman line in there. "Batman makes up for the whole DC universe."

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Guh, I thought I put the Batman line in there. "Batman makes up for the whole DC universe."

big grin

DarkCrawler
Hulk Killer Humanoid is the work of pure genius.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Khellendros
Wow. Totally wishing I'd heard of this guy before drafting for Evangel's tournament ended.

HA! Yeah, he would have made a sweet pick. Honestly, Majestic is still probably just as good, and you're more familiar with him...but still, the obscurity and WTF?! reaction to Shaggy Man would have made it worth it.

-DM

ebonyblade1
You really need to see the general in action. Vs the FF, would be one of those situation where reed would tell them to hold him off until he came back from his lab and when he got back he would find the Sue, Johhny and been unconcious are worse. Superman needs help to take him out. Now don't get me wrong I am not saying the FF coudn't take him out, its just the general is an unstoppable force.

Cosmic Cube
I've seen the Shaggy Man stomping on Superman's face. Is this really a fair fight? Unless this is current F4, where Johnny's a herald, this is a wipeout.

Scoobless
Shaggy man's no Abraxis...regardless...when do u ever see a super team get blitz by an opponent with no prep time and win? Its a common plot device, super-team gets surprised by uber-powerful threat without prep time and loses/gets capture/is humiliated...followed by, Super-team gets prep/find enemies weakness/gathers their wits...then they come back and win.

i dunno..... the Avengers and the New Warriors got kicked around by Lord Templar when they first fought him.... but in the middle of the fight Thor jumped Templar and beat the crap out of him causing him to run away

Cosmic Cube
The Shaggy Man... ROFL laughing

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
The Shaggy Man... ROFL laughing

Yeah his Mr Bombastic big grin

Wynndar
Do u realize the FF face cosmic enemies that would stomp on superman's face too...and have brains...and good writers behind them.

Cosmic Cube
If the F4 had preptime, sure. But the Shaggy Man (LMAO laughing ) is a bit much for them. Maybe Sue could trap him while Reed thinks of something.

whirlysplat
Do u realize the FF face cosmic enemies that would stomp on superman's face too...and have brains...and good writers behind them.

big grin roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin Like Mole Man (ok he was created long ago) its just funny to say Mole Man confused

Cosmic Cube
Shaggy Man is WAY funnier than Mole Man could ever be. He sounds like a child's imaginary friend.

whirlysplat
Shaggy Man is WAY funnier than Mole Man could ever be. He sounds like a child's imaginary friend.

He sounds mor like a recording artist with such hits as "it wasn't me" and "Mr Bombastic"

Cosmic Cube

Scoobless

he sounds like he could be my sidekick

K3VIL
Wyndarr and Tony Stark are arguing like FF4 fanboys.

The FF4 stomped the heralds cause it's just cheap writing.
Surfer can own the FF4 anyday.
So can Terrax, that usually enter in slugfest mode when he meet the 4 cosmic rays changes guys.
There's always prep time or cheap explanation when the 4 guys wins.
Enemies that will stomp Superman?Superman alone can show his own with Surfer or the heralds much more than the 4.If the Thing, a poor low level Class 100 can stay fist to fist with a herald, Supes certainly can manage to kick the herald into the outerspace from the Earth.

Shaggy man's no Abraxis...regardless...when do u ever see a super team get blitz by an opponent with no prep time and win? Its a common plot device, super-team gets surprised by uber-powerful threat without prep time and loses/gets capture/is humiliated...followed by, Super-team gets prep/find enemies weakness/gathers their wits...then they come back and win.

Like sayed by Scoobless, Thor schooled with ease Lord Templar through speedblitzing him and pummeling him with Mjolnir.
The Avengers were also able to beat down Ultron without a real plan during Ultron Unlimited, they just assaulted Slorenia "aided" from O.N.U. soldiers(the truth is they were aiding the O.N.U. Troops), and then goes fist to fist with an adamantium Ultron never holding back and showing their own pretty well.

The JLA against Shaggy Man aided from the Ultramarine still managed to contain him, but considering he's a major threat and nearly unstoppable they choose to teleport him on an asteroid.

The FF4 against major enemies of the JLA or Superman will get murdered.
Manchester Black for example, or the Hyperclan, just to name a few.

K3VIL
bump

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Scoobless
he sounds like he could be my sidekick laughing

whirlysplat
Originally posted by K3VIL
Wyndarr and Tony Stark are arguing like FF4 fanboys.

The FF4 stomped the heralds cause it's just cheap writing.
Surfer can own the FF4 anyday.
So can Terrax, that usually enter in slugfest mode when he meet the 4 cosmic rays changes guys.
There's always prep time or cheap explanation when the 4 guys wins.
Enemies that will stomp Superman?Superman alone can show his own with Surfer or the heralds much more than the 4.If the Thing, a poor low level Class 100 can stay fist to fist with a herald, Supes certainly can manage to kick the herald into the outerspace from the Earth.

Like sayed by Scoobless, Thor schooled with ease Lord Templar through speedblitzing him and pummeling him with Mjolnir.
The Avengers were also able to beat down Ultron without a real plan during Ultron Unlimited, they just assaulted Slorenia "aided" from O.N.U. soldiers(the truth is they were aiding the O.N.U. Troops), and then goes fist to fist with an adamantium Ultron never holding back and showing their own pretty well.

The JLA against Shaggy Man aided from the Ultramarine still managed to contain him, but considering he's a major threat and nearly unstoppable they choose to teleport him on an asteroid.

The FF4 against major enemies of the JLA or Superman will get murdered.
Manchester Black for example, or the Hyperclan, just to name a few. big grin Cool

Wynndar
my point was that its a common plot device for a team to get surprised by an oponent and lose the first round, come back and beat that same villain...r u denying that? The fact is Shaggyman is a one dimensional character who is simply powerful....the FF have fought characters like that in the past...its not their style to just beat their opponent into submission, thats why they rnt all "virtually indestructable" or "nearly as strong as Superman" like several JLA members are described.

The FF have fought characters like the Shaggyman and more...Its just like when the Obliterator sent a life form with omnipotent strength to Earth before he tried to destroy it...yea the life form beat the Thing, Richards even said it would have easily beaten the Hulk. The FF still won.

And dont clown on the Thing for having low 100 class strength....its not brute strength that makes him the character he is...he has taken on the Destroyer successfully, its not about how strong he is. If all it took to make the Thing a better character couldnt the writers easily make him just as strong as Superman? its all arbitrary really. Do u simply like a character for their quantitative strength? "Superman is a better hero because he's stronger"...that is purely childish.

Wickerman
And dont clown on the Thing for having low 100 class strength....its not brute strength that makes him the character he is...he has taken on the Destroyer successfully, its not about how strong he is. If all it took to make the Thing a better character couldnt the writers easily make him just as strong as Superman? its all arbitrary really. Do u simply like a character for their quantitative strength? "Superman is a better hero because he's stronger"...that is purely childish.

he's also gots dat flyin stuff woo woo and lazur beems out of his eyes ZAP ZAP ZAP and da refrigerator breath wooooooosh

~wickerman~

K3VIL
my point was that its a common plot device for a team to get surprised by an oponent and lose the first round, come back and beat that same villain...r u denying that? The fact is Shaggyman is a one dimensional character who is simply powerful....the FF have fought characters like that in the past...its not their style to just beat their opponent into submission, thats why they rnt all "virtually indestructable" or "nearly as strong as Superman" like several JLA members are described.

The FF have fought characters like the Shaggyman and more...Its just like when the Obliterator sent a life form with omnipotent strength to Earth before he tried to destroy it...yea the life form beat the Thing, Richards even said it would have easily beaten the Hulk. The FF still won.

You've understand almost nothing of what I've sayed.
The Thing beating the destroyer is something cheap and crap.
The fighting skill cannot grant the Thing to win over guys that can stomp him with a single blow.
FF4 wins thanks to prep time, and I can tell you it's not fun.It's like Batman in the 60' with the anti-shark spray or I own everything spray, it's lame.
I like the Thing very much, but he's not a force to reckon with like Superman in terms of power.Superman in terms of being a hero, has fought even alone against guys that will use the Thing like their puppet, and won, Superman never hold back when it's time to fight evil, so does the Thing, but the fact is that Superman has beat major menaces than does of the Thing, and thanks to experience with use of his powers and using them in the right way, not just because he was a member of the Wrestling Federation and a Yancy Street Gang member.

whirlysplat
Shaggy..... man in a couple of panels lol

Draco69
bump

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.