Akon's New Song

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dudester
Has anyone heard of that new song by Akon? I have never heard of them before I love their new song that is all over the radio-- I think that title is "I am Lonely" Does anyone know what i am talking?

Kharhmah
The one that sounds like its being sung by Alvin and the chipmunks?

Bun Bun
lol akon is one guy. its Mr lonely
The part that sounds like the chipmunks is from an older song from like when my grampa was young. they took that part and just speed it up.
Oh well i still love akons version

chelsea17
I love that song. It's awesome

Slayer XxX
That song is really annoying. All I hear is a person that sounds like hes got his balls cut off singing. That song is really stupid, like most mainstream rap today

Kharhmah
Originally posted by Slayer XxX
That song is really annoying. All I hear is a person that sounds like hes got his balls cut off singing. That song is really stupid, like most mainstream rap today
hysterical

I agree.

pr1983
f*cking chipmunks... dumb...

Afro Cheese
That song is really annoying. All I hear is a person that sounds like hes got his balls cut off singing. That song is really stupid, like most mainstream rap today Mainstream rap? Try again.

Deathblow
What the **** is an Akon?

Bun Bun
and r&b singer gosh ppl

hh?
Originally posted by Deathblow
What the **** is an Akon?

akon...its like leprosy.

Slayer XxX
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Mainstream rap? Try again.

Wtf are you serious? Hes played on MTV, hes played on a shit load of radio stations, hes mainstream rap. Thats an insult to any other genre to put that squealing ***** in any other category besides mainstream rap.

hh?
he's not mainstream^

he's commercial. there's a HUGE difference.

Kharhmah
He is rap,
therefore crap,

leave it at that,
you bloody ****.

Afro Cheese
Actually, I wasn't arguing the "mainstream" part... he is mainstream, he's just not rap.

Piggle Humsy
He's just knocked 'Tony Christie ~ Amarillo' off the Number1 spot here in the u.k with his new song "Mr.Lonely"
Amarillo was at Number1 for 7 weeks. yes

He also sang that other song "Locked up".

StinkFist462
is it just me or is Akon ugly as hell ?

Slayer XxX
Originally posted by hh?
he's not mainstream^

he's commercial. there's a HUGE difference.

Your an Akon fan or are you? He sucks, the end of story

hh?
Your an Akon fan or are you? He sucks, the end of story

weird assumptions^

no i dont like commercial hip hop, and no i dont listen to Akon. but there is a huge difference between mainstream and commercial hip hop.

StinkFist462
can you fill me in on the difference ?

Darth Revan
I believe (forgive me if I'm wrong hh) that commercial simply refers to artists on major record labels, whilst mainstream refers to artists that are very well known, get constant radio play, and etc.

For example, Blackalicious are a commercial group since their last album was on MCA, though they are by no means mainstream.

hh?
thats what it means? im confused with all this categorizing.

people on other sites would just say:

Commercial= Chingy, Nelly etc...
Mainstream= Nas, Jay-z etc...
Underground/independent= Aesop Rock, etc...

i dunno stick out tongue

Darth Revan
I dunno either, seems to me that Chingy and Jay-Z are in the same category stick out tongue

Just a guess really from the words "commercial" and "mainstream" wink

Deathblow
Who cares, whatever he maybe, Chingy bites eek!

Darth Revan
yes

lilmisskitten
Anyways i dont like the song its really annoying ,the kind of song your might find yourself singing then slap yourself in the head purely for doing it

loney....... *slaps head*
big grin

Afro Cheese
Originally posted by Darth Revan
I believe (forgive me if I'm wrong hh) that commercial simply refers to artists on major record labels, whilst mainstream refers to artists that are very well known, get constant radio play, and etc.

For example, Blackalicious are a commercial group since their last album was on MCA, though they are by no means mainstream. The exact opposite of that. Mainstream = anything on a mainstream label, commercial = music only for commercial benefit.

Akon isn't commercial hip hop, isn't mainstream hip hop, isn't anything hip hop. He's a singer.

Kharhmah
Originally posted by lilmisskitten
Anyways i dont like the song its really annoying ,the kind of song your might find yourself singing then slap yourself in the head purely for doing it

loney....... *slaps head*
big grin

I did the exact same thing earlier on today. laughing out loud

doh

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
The exact opposite of that. Mainstream = anything on a mainstream label, commercial = music only for commercial benefit.

Ah. Well, I was close, wasn't I? wink big grin

hh?
Sage Francis- Slow Down Ghandi

very good song. thumb up

yea i know it has nothing to do with Akon, but Sage Francis is better. big grin

Ladyluck
i know that song! it's so stupid! i can't stand it...i can't believe how annoying it is!

Alpha Centauri
Just another guy without his shirt singing for the ladies.

-AC

cad
akon does suck and other rnb singers suck aswell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.