Obi-wan and Yoda Training (Spoiler)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Texansfan05
Why do you guys think Yoda and Obi Wan didn't train Luke and Leia from birth. They had seen what had happened to Anakin being raised by a family and turning to the Dark Side. Why not stick to the traditional jedi training Obi-Wan could have trained Luke on Tatooine and Yoda train Leia on Dagobah. What does Everyone think

If this has been discussed before I'm sorry please lock this Thread!

Morridini
Don't think this has actually been discussed before, merely commented upon. I think we will get a reasonable explanation during RotS.

smoker4
Because GL hadnt thought about that at the time of making the OT

Supermann98
Apparently the last remaining Jedi fear that they will be hunted down and don't want to risk Vader finding them and capturing Luke and Leia, for they are the last hope to defeat the dark side.

lourock
In the ROTS novel, Yoda says when the time is ready for them, the Force would bring the twins to them. Something about the Living Force and its will for the children.

Lazerlike42
A more important question (I think) that I have been wondering about is that in Empire Obi-wan tells Luke that Yoda was his instructor, and he reiterates in ROTJ.... We know that his instructor was Qui-gon though! If this is being discussed somewhere just link me smile

Darth Plagueis
Plus, Obi-Wan and Yoda go into training under Qui-Gon for many years (in seclusion) in order to learn how to join with the living force (hence their force-ghosts in the OT) and would not have been able to take on the twins until this training had been completed (presumably some time shortly before ANH).

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
A more important question (I think) that I have been wondering about is that in Empire Obi-wan tells Luke that Yoda was his instructor, and he reiterates in ROTJ.... We know that his instructor was Qui-gon though! If this is being discussed somewhere just link me smile Remember that Yoda teaches all the young padawans as part of their training (as seen in AOTC) so Obi-Wan is most likely referencing that.

SithSpy
I think the truth behind this is that Yoda realized that going by the traditional way of the jedi and not changing anything is what allowed the sith to take over, so he knew in order to beat the sith the jedi had to evolve the way the sith had and the jedi, up untill that point, had been unable to. I belive yoda even says something along these lines in the novelazation something like, to strict we were to the old ways, evolved the sith have, but stayed the exact same the jedi have. not an exact quote but something along those lines

nolan lepaz
Yo sith spy when does Yoda say those lines? What the f**k?

astrofan428
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
Remember that Yoda teaches all the young padawans as part of their training (as seen in AOTC) so Obi-Wan is most likely referencing that.

I think you are right, because of Anakin's age he doesnt get trained by Yoda. He must then pickup everything from Obi-Wan.

Lord Yoda
Ya i think after the way the council treated anakin at first, they would have trained the twins at birth.

SithSpy
nolan lepaz, first off, thats a cool name to have, my last name is nolan, and he says something along those lines when he is talking to qui gon on the tantive i belive, like i said i dont know the exact words or where its said but i know he says that (im at work, so when i get home i can look it up and see) he basically says he was too rigid in sticking with the old ways and did not allow the order to grow and adapt, while the sith spent the whole time evolving

nolan lepaz
Cool I check it out latter.

SithNinja
Back to the topic......not that it is a sexist thing mind you, but I don't think that Yoda and Ben's hopes lied with Leia. She was a fall back plan should things go horribly wrong with Luke, therefore, she would not be trained until she was needed. Plus, I don't think that Obi-Wan is too high on his training abilities when he goes into exile on Tatooine. He will be there to keep an eye on things and something tells me that Ben instructed Owen to keep Luke grounded until the time was right. Life had to play out until such time of the Rebellion being a legitimate force, for the Sith Lords to get overconfident in their rule and most importantly for the two last remaining Jedi to find out what went wrong and for them to be completely in their training before setting out to train the galaxies last hope.

jedi90
honestly i just got the impression from the OT that yoda and ben just gave up on trying to save the galaxy from vader and sidious and became hermits for the rest of their lives until luke rekindled something in ben to fight the empire again.
i thought that was why the children were given away. not to fullfill some destiny through waiting 20 years.

Eddy Urquia
A more important question (I think) that I have been wondering about is that in Empire Obi-wan tells Luke that Yoda was his instructor, and he reiterates in ROTJ.... We know that his instructor was Qui-gon though! If this is being discussed somewhere just link me smile

I read somewhere that Yoda trains the younglings till a certain age of about 8 or 9(like in AotC) and yoda later passes them on to jedi masters who each have their distintiveness to give to each prepared youngling. So, Obi wan was first trained by yoda as a youngling till the age of about nine, and turned over to Qui Qon. i did read this ! Thank Ed Happy Dance

Eddy Urquia
Originally posted by Supermann98
Apparently the last remaining Jedi fear that they will be hunted down and don't want to risk Vader finding them and capturing Luke and Leia, for they are the last hope to defeat the dark side.

Superman is..........super right!! they are being hunted, and RotS depicts this. So, The remaining Jedi hide the children until the force draws them out at the right time. Remeber, it was the force that made Luke and old Obiwan meet coincidently on the rugged rocky trenches where Luke was assaulted by the sandpeople. it was the will of the force that made this meeting occur!

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

shoodowopwop
Being so strong in the force, vader would have sensed the disturbance of luke and leia growing in their powers and wouldve sought to destroy them. we know he can sense luke as in rotj he knows hes on the ship. ben and yoda had to wait till the empire was busy with the construction of the death star and all the other activities and to take for granted the period of absence form the jedi

Texansfan05
I've liked several posts on this thread one of my favorites was SithNinjas Thanks to everyone who has posted on my thread so far rock

Lord Yoda
after seeing ROTS i think the way they did it was necessary.

Texansfan05
Originally posted by Supermann98

After seeing the movie I agree with you.

mtryder

In some capacity, Yoda trained everyone. Think of the Younglings scene in AOTC. Cheap way out, I know, but it technically works... sort of.

mtryder
Even if Vader could sense Luke's presence, there still is the fact that he refused to go back to Tatooine.

ChristianRocker
well look at Luke he was raised by family and he was the chosen one

moviejunkie23
Luke was chosen to create the new jedi order, not to bring balance to the force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.