Spider-Man vs. the Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
This outta be good...

mr.smiley
well..................spidey was able to hold off juggernaut so i think he could do it.

Now let be clarify this.I DID NOT say spidey out fought him or was stronger or any of that shit.I said he held him off and was able neutralize the threat.

I belive he could take thing 7 out of 10 times

armandovalles
No, not really, Thing just claps his hands and Spidey goes through a few walls and gets knocked out. Spidey is fast but he cant move at the speed of sound, which is how fast the thunderclap blast moves at.

mr.smiley
doesn't impress me.
Thing nowere has spideys agility.Plus spidey has super strength.
Plus his spider sense.

Draco69
Actually, it's how fast his hands move. And I doubt Spidey would get knocked out with just one thunderclap..

Wynndar
sometime Spidey is written where he can move the Thing...other times he cant...Didnt Spidey throw Thing off a building a few months back in one of the Spiderman comics?

Draco69
It was a Venom comic. And Sue had to catch him.

armandovalles
it doesnt matter how much faster or more agile spidey is, he's not strong enough to hurt the thing so how the hell is he gonna beat him.

Draco69
I asked the same thing during the She-Hulk vs. Spider-Man thread...and it reached 200 posts.

Draco69
bump

Wynndar
In Thing #5 puppet master uses Wonderman who gets KO'd to fight the Thing...then She Hulk to, but Thing takes her out...and then he uses spiderman on an extremely exhausted Thing and spiderman is able to knock the Thing over, although it explicitely says he wouldnt have moved the Thing if he hadnt just gotten done fighting WM and SH...but there r other times, like the Venom comic, where Thing is just a one-dimensional tough guy, where Spiderman takes him down...it is all relative, but if Thing is written at his best and Spidey is written at his best it would be an entertaining fight with spidey just avoiding the Thing the whole time. the problem is spidey wouldnt stay conscious if Thing flicked him with his finger.

Zahit
if spiderman can take a punch from the hulk and keep fighting,
then he can surely take one from benjy as well.
spidey can hurt ben if he hits him enough times and swing-kicks him.
the problem is thing is a great hand-to-hand fighter.
he'll have a better chance of hitting spidey than most of the
other powerhouses would.

armandovalles
spidey never took a punch fomr savage hulk, only gray hulk, who is only like 1/3 of ben's strength.

who?-kid
Originally posted by armandovalles
spidey never took a punch fomr savage hulk, only gray hulk, who is only like 1/3 of ben's strength.
One third ? Let's make it at least two thirds, shall we ?

SM doesn't have the raw power you need to knock down Grimm, Thing isn't exactly a pushover.

But he can annoy Thing much more than vice versa. He CAN throw Thing away - he has done it in the past (even with Hulk), so he can do it again. But I think in this fight he better use his webs.

SM 6/10.

BENITO
Spidey

theres a story that was only printed in the uk where The thing absorb spider powers

X-Logan

K3VIL
When Professor Hulk was possessed from a living gamma virus, he goes mad, and K.O.ed Doc Samson, then he proceed into killing Spider-Man, he punched the ground with so much physical force, it exploded like a bomb was dropped on it, and the shockwave leaved Spidey like he was nearly comatose, he then talked to Prof. Hulk and reached his real ebsence into his mind, then Hulk pulled out the virus.
The low rank Class 100 Thing can certainly do something similar, that would mean Spidey's end.

hoorayforpeepee
professor hulk is approximately twice as strong as even current thing.

who?-kid
I don't think you can compare the "shockwave" of a berserker Hulk with that of Thing.

DigiMark007
Spider-Man smashing Thing into the ground repeatedly if he gets a hold of him with his webs will eventually take a toll on Thing. I've heard of Hulk's thunderclap, but never Thing's...I'm sure he can do it, but it wouldn't take SM out.

Otherwise Thing would never touch SM...SM is too fast, and has dodged stronger and faster opponents for a long time, including Juggernaut and Hulk. If he slips up and Thing gets a punch or two in then SM might be toast, but more often than not that won't happen. After a long-ass fight, Spider-Man wins this. SM 7/10.

-DM

Piedmon
Depends... if they're just in a featureless arena, then Thing will eventually get his big rocky mitts on Parker, and that will be the end of it.

If Spiderman can use the terrain to his advantage, he could say.... catch Ben on the business end of a webbing line and yank him over the edge of a cliff.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.