The WORST character in the PT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stefan Kojic
Nute Gunray. A totally stupid villain and doesn't show any badass traits. I even prefer Jar Jar over Nute. Yours?

Texansfan05
Jar Jar 100%

Darth Plagueis
"prefer" and "Jar Jar" should never appear in the same sentence.

LandoSpeeder2
Was this thread even necessary to know what every one's opinion will be?

Stefan Kojic
m'kay plagueis

Stefan Kojic
Better than posting threads about old news

Darth Plagueis
I think you misunderstand me...I'm not flaming you for the thread as much as I am just saying that Jar Jar sucks really, really bad!!!

Stefan Kojic
Why is Jar Jar so hated? He is sloppy and clumsy but not a VERY VERY stupid character like Nute. Jar Jar has style even though some people don't like him. He's a comic relief like 3PO

tlbauerle
I would "prefer Jar Jar" got hit by a mack truck over Nute.

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by Stefan Kojic
Better than posting threads about old news Better then to just not post threads when their isn't any new news. And hasn't Jar Jar been almost everyone's least favorite character since 1999, I'd consider that as old news.

This is no offence to you I'm just sayin.

Lazerlike42
sigh.... I still don't see the problem with Jar Jar.... I mean he's not a great character but he's hardly the disaster people make him out to be lol

.... preparing for the onslaught.... fear

LandoSpeeder2
But who is worse?

Stefan Kojic
This hasn't been posted before, and that annoying kid playin young Anie was a real brat

Darth Subjekt
I'd have to say Yaddle....ever notice her role didnt come back in AOTC? Thats how bad she is. If you dont know anything about Yoda, then why have a second one of the same species? Doesnt make sense, and if she;s in EP 3, I hope Anakin cut all of her limbs off slowly and makes her suffer.

Stefan Kojic
Evil in you it is Darth Subjekt

Darth Plagueis
Nute is goofy, but I understand the importance of his character in the scheme of things and his desire to seeharm come to Padme is one of the few uses of comedy that work in episode 2. And it would help if a character put in for comic relief was actually funny...and Jar Jar isn't. Pathetic, annoying, and useleess to the plot? Yes. Funny? No.

Stefan Kojic
Just so I now, in order to swear on this site, you must use *s, right

Stefan Kojic
Jar Jar authorized the creation of the Clone Army, he delivered the Republic to Palps more than ever and you say he's usless to the plot?

Lazerlike42
It's possible his entire role in Ep1 is to be shown to be stupid so that in Ep2 he can use his stupidity and hand the Republic over to Palpatine big grin

Darth Plagueis
Jar Jar authorized the creation of the Clone Army, he delivered the Republic to Palps more than ever and you say he's usless to the plot? He was being force coerced by Palpatine during that scene....proving just how brainless heesa really is.

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
He was being force coerced by Palpatine during that scene....proving just how brainless heesa really is. Well, if he didn't, Anakin Obi Mace and some other Jedi would be dead. No story after that.

SithNinja
mine is...the old lady from TPM who warns Ani of the coming storm. Her bones are aching or some crap like that. Don't know why, the scene just bugs me and makes my butt itch.

It almost seems like this line and appearance was created from some Frito-Lay contest where the winner would get a speaking role in the next Star Wars movie.

kiadimundijedi
I think Nute & Jar Jar are fine, So what if star wars appeals to the Kiddies every once in awhile, hell atleast Episode 1 wasnt as bad as the Christmas Special...

ArynCrinn
I think the people that sit stand next to the chancellor are pretty pointless...do they really do much?

And with Jar Jar...sure they could have just had captain tarpals instead, but then it wouldn't have had as much appeal to children.

Jedi Priestess
This hasn't been posted before, and that annoying kid playin young Anie was a real brat

Actually, I believe this is the 3rd thread we've had regarding the most despised SW character.

DeVi| D0do
Yoda is a pretty pointless character too

EHmasterJedi
I saw a couple people calling E1 Anakin a brat?????, how about AOTC lol, now thats a real brat, LOL this is kind of weird but ill probably say that Episode II anakin is the worst character LOL, annouying piece of sh**, dont know why the hell lucas ruined AOTC by makeing him act like a f***ing punk*** p***y, get real and atleast show alittle freakin balls, its between him and Jar Jar, probably hated him just as much but Episode I was a descent movie, and AOTC really wasnt. AOTC it was like a cross between "All my Children" and "Look whos talking" with all that soap opera crying sad , Lucas totaly missed on anakin's character in E2. And Hayden was just hard to look at in E2 though they have improved that in E3

Spectr4L
Nute is goofy, but I understand the importance of his character in the scheme of things and his desire to seeharm come to Padme is one of the few uses of comedy that work in episode 2. And it would help if a character put in for comic relief was actually funny...and Jar Jar isn't. Pathetic, annoying, and useleess to the plot? Yes. Funny? No.
I agree with everything you said there.

I also like how Nute Gunray isn't CG...

Vanquish
Jar Jar is no more annoying then C3PO, and you have to remember that Jar Jar is for the kids. I'm sure if you were 5 years old, you wouldn't hate him so much. At our age, he is flat out painful to watch, but Star wars is partially a kids movie, so he was kind of needed I guess.

My vote is TPM anakin. I hate that little bastard kid

Darth Plagueis
I only find threepio annoying in ep 2, where the attempts at humor were embarrising. In the OT, some of his lines are classic.
"Typical!"

astrofan428
I hate that horned dude that hangs around Palpatine, the one that says "If only senator Amidala where here."

I have always hated that guy.

mandalorian_war
i tihnk nute gunray needs a hug after reading loe

jango fatt
Originally posted by astrofan428
I hate that horned dude that hangs around Palpatine, the one that says "If only senator Amidala where here."

Mas amedda

astrofan428
Originally posted by jango fatt
Mas amedda

Thankyou, now I can stop calling him "that horny bastard".

jengafett
Just to let you know, the reason Yaddle never appeared in Ep II & III, is because Yoda was now CGI. And they couldn't keep Yaddle as a puppet and they didn't want to waste the money on a CGI Yaddle. So they removed her.

Milosz006
He was being force coerced by Palpatine during that scene....proving just how brainless heesa really is.

What's funny is that Palps didn't even need the slightest bit of mind control as Jar-Jar has no brain. Jar-Jar is INFINITLY worse than Nute Gunray as Jar-Jar has much more screen time and many more lines to make me want to force lightning GL. In the nuts. Jake Llyod was sh1t.

@Jenga: Yaddle died before AOTC.

SithKiller
Nute's whole presence in the movies is just so everyone will just enjoy that much more seeing him get slaughtered at the hands of the "sithkiller" anakin ! hehe

DeadStar
maybe they will include a bonus egg on the dvd that shows jar jar getting blow up =)

Darth_Janus
Originally posted by astrofan428

That made me laugh my ass off. Just the tone of that post was priceless.

But to be fair, C 3P0 in the original trilogy was a fine character. He wasn't so annoying I wanted to smite him in any way. The real letdowns of the OT would be the bloody Ewoks, whom I hate with a passion that rivals a Pepsi salesman's hatred of Coke.

Jar Jar was horrible for the following reasons: he's too goofy to take seriously; he's unlikeable for anyone with a fully developed human brain; he can easily be written out of the plot of the whole prequels; and he's so bloody fake you can tell just by looking at teh real actors around him (Half of the time they stare off like they don't know what they're looking at. Their eyes don't focus)

Nute, I thought, was amusing. When he said "She can't do that!" in AOTC, it was the best comic relief that whole film had.

And Anakin was a ***** in all forms, save Mecha Vader. GL went and took someone I had a level of respect for and made him a whiny crybaby who I despised so much I can't think much of Vader in the OT anymore without hearing James Earl Jones do the "I hate sand" speech.

exanda kane
I agree, C-3PO was a decent character alongside Han Solo in the OT but in the PT there's no character that behaves like Han around 3PO.

Jar Jar is a despised character and just pointless in his own league of stupidity.

I don't mind Nute Gunray, he has his point in the story and he's not CGI.

Yet Anakin is terrible in E1, less so in E2 but his still just a stupid kid next to uber cool Obi-Wan. I reckon that the PT should have started off at the same point as E2 and explain Anakin's background there but that's for a different thread.

((The_Anomaly))
i think the general consensus will be that jar jar is the worst character in the PT

Darth Syko
C3-PO is the worst character ever. He is annoying, and he is just not funny. R2-D2 RULES!

Grand Moff Gav
Nute Gunray. A totally stupid villain and doesn't show any badass traits. I even prefer Jar Jar over Nute. Yours?

the nemodians are great the worst charecter is hte stormtrooper trainer how come the troopers never hit to kill

eleveninches
JarJar

pr1983
aotc anakin... for the reasons posted by others...

Darth_Nefarus
Jar Jar is the worst character because he received too much screen time in the first movie. Anakin is the worst character because of how creepy he sounds when he's wooing Padme. And the WORST character of the PT is Yaddle. Yaddle doesn't do anything, and we never hear her speak, it was merely a cheap way of showing that Yoda's species existed. Yoda should have bent her over and shown her the power of the force.

Grand Moff Gav
Darth please not such bad langage we have ewoks here

exanda kane
don't worry I'll kill them . . . it'll take more than sticks or stones this time furball!

OB1-adobe

There was nothing badass about him to begin with. He is a tool, and was used and abused.

Lame Rant

vorphalack
Boss Nass.

I think he's way more annoying than Jar Jar....Jar Jar just got more screen time. Boss Nass wouldn't be *too* terrible, but that freakin head shake and the "B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-" with slobber flying everywhere, was just so.....out of place.

I *love* the Phantom Menace.....but that part is truly cringe worthy for me.

A close second (if not tied) would probably be the 2-headed announcer in the pod races. I liked the idea of one speaking english and one speaking huttese, but dude.....Greg freaking Proops???? WORST casting ever. I loved the pod races, and I grasp that he was going for a very announcer-ish type of character there, but that character was freaking dumb.

Oddly enough my once most hated character has turned into one of my most beloved. QUADINARRO!!! When I first saw that I couldn't believe how dumb he looked, but over time he's gotta a certain charm to him. He's no more dumb than 1/3 of the Mos Eisley aliens to me now....

Thats my picks. big grin

-V

koolruningz
I have to go with Jar Jar, on the grounds that after 15mins of TPM my 6yr old son turned and said to me "is this guy going to be in the whole movie, he's really annoying". I could maybe stomach him if my son enjoyed his character, but when he saw him again in AOTC he just groaned and said "not again".

ESP07
Sio Bibble should be kicked in the nuts

NoFate007
In no particular order...

1. Jar Jar Binks
2. 9 yo Anakin Skywalker "Weeee!!"
3. Nute Gunray's idiot assistant on the TF cruiser in the beginning of TPM
4. Sebulba
5. Yaddle and some of the council members that don't talk or do anything, like Oppo Rancicis, if I am matching up the name correctly
6. "Hiya!" Jedi in the battle of Geonosis
7. All the Gungans, best being Tarpals, but he lost all respect when he said "Yousa in big doo doo this time"...waste of a cool looking and potentially cool character
8. All the podrace contestants, minus the weird little thing that screamed funny, cause that dude is awesome just cause of that
9. The announcers at the podrace
10. Panaka...I didn't believe your acting job pal, Typho is better
11. Wat Tambor...do we really need THREE characters that depend on cybernetics in order to survive?
12. The 3 stooges droids
13. Anakin's friends in TPM
14. The fat Twi'Lek in the bar in AOTC...that was disgusting..there were, as far as I can recall, only one, possibly 2 attractive looking creatures in that entire place...what a horrible bar, you can't pick anyone up...no wonder Sleezebaggano needed to get high
15. Mas Ameeda & whats her face, the chick that looks like Sinead O'Connor
16. I'm getting too mad, I'll leave it at that

Thank God other parts made up for this...like 95% of Episode II lol

vorphalack
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
It's possible his entire role in Ep1 is to be shown to be stupid so that in Ep2 he can use his stupidity and hand the Republic over to Palpatine big grin

I loved that part. It was sorta like Lucas saying "Ok, you bastards....you don't like my character, FINE! I'll minimize his freaking role. But he is NOT going to be a throw away character." wink

LOL, he still sucks balls, but that plot point is classic to me.

-V

ESP07
Originally posted by NoFate007
14. The fat Twi'Lek in the bar in AOTC...that was disgusting..there were, as far as I can recall, only one, possibly 2 attractive looking creatures in that entire place...what a horrible bar, you can't pick anyone up...no wonder Sleezebaggano needed to get high

Wasnt that Lucas's daughter? laughing

NoFate007
Originally posted by ESP07
Wasnt that Lucas's daughter? laughing

Woof

Mandos
Tell me what was JarJar Binks's role in Star Wars and I'll tell you how I see him.

NoFate007
Originally posted by Mandos
Tell me what was JarJar Binks's role in Star Wars and I'll tell you how I see him.

Merchandise

kiadimundijedi
anakin skywalker

Boris
Darth Vader as an annoying little boy who says "Yippie".

NoFate007
Lets not forget the droids that have lines that aren't standard lingo such as "Cease fire"...I'm talking about "Die Jedi dogs!" and "Roger roger"

cheez_kakes
They really screwed up with Jar Jar

yodafan
Jar Jar sucks the worst by far.

Grand Moff Gav
i like the battle droids

NoFate007
Die Jedi dogs was without a doubt, one of the worst lines I've ever heard/seen in a star wars movie...or, for that matter...in ANY film. That was highly dubious, unnecessary beyond words, lacked any motivation to make me laugh even the slightest bit, and the choice of words was repugnant and cliche. Lucas should've been cattle-prodded for that scene. When they don't do anything but fight, or when they say standard lines, I love the droids, cause I think they helped create the PT's look and their function is great. "Cease fire" was a good line, stuff like that is good and needed...but "Die Jedi dogs"? That is a completely obvious forced joke that isn't funny, just like the fart and excrement jokes made in TPM. The better jokes are the ones that have some wit to them, like "Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?" and "Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has...how embarassing." The forced jokes of TPM and the few in AOTC don't even come close to a rival compared to the ones of the OT...for the most part. Walking carpet wasn't funny, but you have to admit you laughed when Threepio said "No, I don't like you either" and Artoo did the sad noise lol.

Still....I like the PT better...but those droids need to be more focused on their actions than spitting out clever...whoops, that snuck in there and it doesn't fit...retarded "catch phrase" material. We need to have Episode III's humor to be like the OT... "Apology accepted, Captain Needa". Still makes me chuckle.

Ben-Kenobi
No freaking contest jar jar is the most hated n stupid character in thee entire star was saga i mean jabbas pet crumb is freaking cooler than jar jar cause crumb kicked c-3p0's a$$

DarthLazious
Jar Jar Binks

DCLXVI
In my opinion, (yes I can have that), I'd say that Anakin Skywalker has been the worst scripted character of the PT. His character in TPM was cute, but too kiddy, and his dialogue in AotC was an utter disappointment. Uck.
But, the worst overall character is, (*Dum Dum Dum*), no doubt: Jar Jar Binks. And I don't even mind him that much.

Grand Moff Gav
worst charecter== boss gungan what was with that slobering

Kun-ni Habeo
darth maul and jar jar

Grand Moff Gav
the jedi council they where all a waste of valuble space and were'd those chairs go

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by NoFate007
Die Jedi dogs was without a doubt, one of the worst lines I've ever heard/seen in a star wars movie...or, for that matter...in ANY film. That was highly dubious, unnecessary beyond words, lacked any motivation to make me laugh even the slightest bit, and the choice of words was repugnant and cliche. Lucas should've been cattle-prodded for that scene. When they don't do anything but fight, or when they say standard lines, I love the droids, cause I think they helped create the PT's look and their function is great. "Cease fire" was a good line, stuff like that is good and needed...but "Die Jedi dogs"? That is a completely obvious forced joke that isn't funny, just like the fart and excrement jokes made in TPM. The better jokes are the ones that have some wit to them, like "Why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me?" and "Lost a planet, Master Obi-Wan has...how embarassing." The forced jokes of TPM and the few in AOTC don't even come close to a rival compared to the ones of the OT...for the most part. Walking carpet wasn't funny, but you have to admit you laughed when Threepio said "No, I don't like you either" and Artoo did the sad noise lol.

Still....I like the PT better...but those droids need to be more focused on their actions than spitting out clever...whoops, that snuck in there and it doesn't fit...retarded "catch phrase" material. We need to have Episode III's humor to be like the OT... "Apology accepted, Captain Needa". Still makes me chuckle.

I also though those lines were stupid but at the same time it's important to remember that droids in the Star Wars universe have emotions and personalities. Artoo and Threepio are PERFECT examples of this. Numerous droids in the Jawa transport let us see this behavior too. What about the screaming droid being tortured in Jabba's palace? Then there is the droid in Empire that is rude to Threepio. If Artoo and Threepio were programmed to like and dislike people, to make jokes and to be happy and sad, to be scared and so on, why not the battle droids too. In fact, wouldn't it make more sense to program the battle droids to actually hate whatever they are fighting against (i.e. the Jedi), or to really enjoy fighting? It seems like this would make them more productive. The point is that the battle droids are just following the pattern of every other droid ever introduced in the series.

Grand Moff Gav
die jedi dog

Lord Yoda
Originally posted by Kun-ni Habeo
darth maul and jar jar

Dude Darth Maul was awesome! but anyway Jar Jar is definetly the worst.The runner-up is that dumb ewok from ROTJ

NoFate007
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
I also though those lines were stupid but at the same time it's important to remember that droids in the Star Wars universe have emotions and personalities. Artoo and Threepio are PERFECT examples of this. Numerous droids in the Jawa transport let us see this behavior too. What about the screaming droid being tortured in Jabba's palace? Then there is the droid in Empire that is rude to Threepio. If Artoo and Threepio were programmed to like and dislike people, to make jokes and to be happy and sad, to be scared and so on, why not the battle droids too. In fact, wouldn't it make more sense to program the battle droids to actually hate whatever they are fighting against (i.e. the Jedi), or to really enjoy fighting? It seems like this would make them more productive. The point is that the battle droids are just following the pattern of every other droid ever introduced in the series.

Very true, and that is very understandable. My main beef with it is the line itself and how it was supposed to be seen as funny. I think that this line is along the same type of humor as if Threepio was to say, fall down and scream "help, I've fallen and I can't get up!" Cheesy is ok now and then, but BAD cheesy, is just disgusting. I'd like to see more jokes like the ones with Sleezebagganno in the bar, that was hilarious.

umraan
i like jar jar hes cool. yeah maybe the neimodians are the stupidest.

Freakin' Jedi
Jar Jar Binks, of course. I think Lucas created him during one of his braindead moments.

exanda kane
True. Maul was created in a moment of greed . . . purely for financial gain, not story making

Kun-ni Habeo
i dont like him

star22
Maul is okay. Not the best sith, but he is cool.

atila the great
3po he is stupid stupid stupid

star22
In my opinion, the worst character was Maul. He didn't even say much of anything. I didn't like him all that much. He's the only character I really dont' like.

exanda kane
I hate Jar Jar more, but Maul is a piece of crap!

NoFate007
I liked Maul. I think he served his purpose well. He was just another tool in Palpatine's plan, and he was a cool looking villain who had a lot of skill.

star22
He served a purpose just like any other character. I just found him annoying.

adamrubin
Jar Jar
0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

star22
Nope. Maul.

Sith_Dreamer
"prefer" and "Jar Jar" should never appear in the same sentence.

How about "I prefer Nute Gunray over Jar Jar." lol, anyway, in my opinion, I don't really have that much oif a problem with any chracter, although, I don't like how 3PO and R2 are portrayed in these. They just seem to be there for comedy, and little development in their characters occurs.

Stefan Kojic
Agree with Sith Dreemer I do.

Grand Moff Gav
Agree with Sith Dreemer I do not the best nute gunray is

you all have the right to remain silent anything you do say will be taken and nisquted against you evil face

astrofan428
I just wanted to let people know that IGN.com(who hated ROTS) put a list of the 10 lamest SW characters.

http://filmforce.ign.com/starwars/articles/612/612055p1.html

They actually put Count Dooku at #9!!! NINE can you believe that shit? Why didnt they just throw Yoda or DV on there?(thats a joke, for those who might think I am serious)

Stefan Kojic
Count Dooku ain't that bad as they make it out to be. In other words, you're right.

Grand Moff Gav
i liked dooko he was an elegant baddie

yodafan
Dooku is cool, it will be cool to see him die also.

Lazerlike42
I loved Count Dooku he rocks.... in fact I think I'ma watch AOTC right now just to see him big grin

Mulletman262
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
I'd have to say Yaddle....ever notice her role didnt come back in AOTC? Thats how bad she is. If you dont know anything about Yoda, then why have a second one of the same species? Doesnt make sense, and if she;s in EP 3, I hope Anakin cut all of her limbs off slowly and makes her suffer.

She died by the hands of a sith before AOTC

Grand Moff Gav
what sith or who

The Biker Scout
Meesa puke now...Jar Jar Dummy

Grand Moff Gav
Darth Jar Jar killed Yaddle ????????????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.