Shazam vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil player007
who takes this fight?

jrodslam
Will in previous threads, there was SS vs Superman. Alot were saying Supes wins. Some were saying Surfer wins.

Its been proven that CM and Supes are on the same level. If youre one to think SS cant beat Superman, most likely you'd think SS cant beat CM either.

Surfer cant drain CM like people say he can drain Superman. I personally dont think he can drain Superman, but thats my opinion.

Just a bit of logic.

whirlysplat
and mine jrod

armandovalles
Shazam takes this.

Tony Stark
No way does Silver Surfer loses to Shazam or CM or Billy what ever you want to call him.

SS wins everytime. IMO cool

jrodslam
Originally posted by Tony Stark
No way does Silver Surfer loses to Shazam or CM or Billy what ever you want to call him.

SS wins everytime. IMO cool

Can you explain why? Logically?

the Darkone
Silver Surfer will beat Shazam/Captain Marvel. SS can move alot faster than shazam and more powerful, Silver has proven he can beat the big dogs drax, hulk, thor, champion, morg, terrax, elders of the universe, green lantern, orion. Silver Surfer can manipulate molecules and rearrnaged them and can unleashed his power of cosmic upon captain marvel frying his a$$ or may be absorb some of magical power reverting captain marvel back into billy batson.

juggernaut74
Surfer can absorb magic now? WTF is wrong with some people.

the Darkone
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Surfer can absorb magic now? WTF is wrong with some people.

we don't need to curse now. I said maybe if doesn't absorb magical energys so be it. big grin either way Silver Surfer will win

Synchro
Guys, guys, we need to clarify which Shazam we are talking about here. You guys realize that there are 2 Shazam's right? One is Captain Marvel(or so they say) and the other is a magician that has been around since ancient Egypt and is now the source of power for the Marvel family. So which one are we talking about?

kgkg
SS he is more powerful / faster

Has way too many abilities

dawsey28
And more experienced. CM is an adolecent while Surfer has fought countless large scale battles for countless years.

Surfer can do just about any feat imaginable. CM has 6 powers from 6 beings plus a couple more.

Surfer takes this.

The Flash
Originally posted by dawsey28
Surfer can do just about any feat imaginable.He can't absorb any type of energy. He can't even control time.

jrodslam
Surfer can do just about any feat imaginable.

Then i guess hed be the most powerfull being in the MU ehh?

Do you realize you just put SS on a pedestal so high that its not even funny.

You overate him highly.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by jrodslam
Can you explain why? Logically?

cool Depending on where they are battling.

Space or not space? That is the question. laughing out loud

SS is faster, stronger. Too cosmically powered basically. Energy drain, molecule manipulating, etc. If they are in space with no atmosphere no SHAZAMisims! (no lighting bolts) very quickly over. On earth or another planet similar longer fight but IMO same result SS is the hands down winner. cool

jrodslam
And more experienced. CM is an adolecent while Surfer has fought countless large scale battles for countless years.

CM has been around way longer than Surfer. The experience edge goes to CM as well.

In addition to his "wisdom" gives him advanced tactics to figure out a way to beat anyone.

jrodslam
CM energy is limitless AND is magical. SS wouldnt be able to drain CM.

SS may be faster. I dont know exactly how fast CM is. I know he has the speed of Mercury, but I dont exactly know how fast that is.

CM is equal to Superman in strength, and could possibly be sronger(hasnt been proven yet).

I doubt SS is stronger than Supes.

CM also has a high degree in invunerability. Will SS's blasts be able to hurt him? Who knows.

Can SS withstand Shazam's bolts? Who knows.

dawsey28
A 12 year-old has more experience than someone who has been helping Galactus for countless years before he first arrived in FF?

And the wisdom of a biblical mortal doesn't help much against countless years of experience.

Has the surfer story changed or something? I keep seeing people pop up with "Surfer is less experienced than..." and I just don't see how.

I'd say that someone who can stand in the middle of a super-nova without breaking a sweat would be able to withstand Cap'ns lightning bolts. Just a guess.

jrodslam
1. Billy Bastion is 16.

2. When hes Shazam hes not 16, and doesnt act so.(Sorta like Prince Adam and He-Man)

3. Shazam's been around since the 40's. Id qualify that as him having more experience than Surfer.

4. The lightning bolts are magic. We all know that magic runs on a different scale than anything physical or on a temperature level.

SS may be able to take a super nova, but he was also stabbed by a magical dagger.

The Flash
Captain Marvel has a grin that will make you either love him or hate him. Unfortunately that grin gets on my nerves.

kgkg
1. Billy Bastion is 16.

2. When hes Shazam hes not 16, and doesnt act so.(Sorta like Prince Adam and He-Man)

3. Shazam's been around since the 40's. Id qualify that as him having more experience than Surfer.

4. The lightning bolts are magic. We all know that magic runs on a different scale than anything physical or on a temperature level.

SS may be able to take a super nova, but was stabbed by a magical dagger.
hey i asked my freind there is no

Defender V2 #12

can you show scan i have one comic where SS get's stab but not in a fight.

What's the title of that comic?

jrodslam
Dont get me wrong, im not saying CM would win. But im not so sure he'd lose.

The guy stalemates Superman on a constant basis is all im saying.

And from previous threads, alot of people say that SS cant even beat Superman. Im just trying to see the logic in things.

dawsey28
Okay I'll give you that he is 16. Fine, but still not enough experience on his side.

And CM has been around sinse the 40s proves apsolutely nothing. Even if it did, SS has been around for alot longer than that. Come on. Reality and comic book continuity are two different things. I don't understand your point.

jrodslam
Originally posted by kgkg
hey i asked my freind there is no

Defender V2 #12

can you show scan i have one comic where SS get's stab but not in a fight.

What's the title of that comic?

Not Defenders Vol.2 #12

defenders Vol.2 #16. The order series.

Plus there is a Defenders Vol.2. 12 Books they theres The Order series.

That goes from 13 - 19. Order#4

http://www.thefourthrail.com/images/reviews/050602/order4.jpg

jrodslam
And CM has been around sinse the 40s proves apsolutely nothing. Even if it did, SS has been around for alot longer than that. Come on. Reality and comic book continuity are two different things. I don't understand your point.

Oooook, and how long has Surfer been around fighting then?

My point is you said SS has more experience than CM. How so?

kgkg
Not Defenders Vol.2 #12

defenders Vol.2 #16. The order series.

Plus there is a Defenders Vol.2. 12 Books they theres The Order series.

That goes from 13 - 19. Order#4

http://www.thefourthrail.com/images/reviews/050602/order4.jpg
I have that issue did you read it?

jrodslam
Of course, I have it was well.

kgkg
Of course, I have it was well.
did you know SilverSurfer had to energy.

and was talking a nap.

dawsey28
Oooook, and how long has Surfer been around fighting then?

My point is you said SS has more experience than CM. How so?

I have already answered this:

and for everyone who jumped on what I said earlier, I did say JUST ABOUT any feat imaginable. What part of JUST ABOUT do you guys not understand?

jrodslam
did you know SilverSurfer had to energy.

and was talking a nap.

Yes Surfer was taking a nap. Just before Valkerie stabbed him, he woke up and grabbed her hand.

She dropped the dagger and Surfer knocked away both her and She-Hulk.

She-Hulk called for Namorita "NITA!", then SS was knocked out by her.

She-Hulk and Valkerie held SS on the floor, so that he wouldnt revive and escape to call the others.

Clea then picked up the knife and stabbed Surfer in the side.

Surfer then bled light and from that, Ardina was made.

The Flash
Nita f*ckin' owns.

kgkg
Yes Surfer was taking a nap. Just before Valkerie stabbed him, he woke up and grabbed her hand.

She dropped the dagger and Surfer knocked away both her and She-Hulk.

She-Hulk called for Namorita "NITA!", then SS was knocked out by her.

She-Hulk and Valkerie held SS on the floor, so that he wouldnt revive and escape to call the others.

Clea then picked up the knife and stabbed Surfer in the side.

Surfer then bled light and from that, Ardina was made.
And He had no energy, extremely weak( did you miss that part)
and you call that a knock out? lol when the guy has no energy?

here is what surfer can take

kgkg

kgkg

jrodslam
The whole Defenders Vol.2 owns.

The Order series in particular. The big 4 take on Avengers, FF, X-Men, Daredevil, Spiderman, Iron Fist and S.H.I.E.L.D at the same time.

Defenders rock!! Theyre coming back in July!!

kgkg
you see SS is still standing ( like nothing happend)

kgkg
The whole Defenders Vol.2 owns.

The Order series in particular. The big 4 take on Avengers, FF, X-Men, Daredevil, Spiderman, Iron Fist and S.H.I.E.L.D at the same time.

Defenders rock!! Theyre coming back in July!!

really nice smile can't wait

jrodslam
And He had no energy, extremely weak( did you miss that part)
and you call that a knock out? lol when the guy has no energy?

here is what surfer can take

Uhh first off kgkg thats not even the same issue. Thats The Order #3

When Surfer gets stabbed, that Order#4.

Get it right please.

The Flash
2 Great example of Surfer being able to absorb any type of energy. stick out tongue

kgkg
Uhh first off kgkg thats not even the same issue. Thats The Order #3

When Surfer gets stabbed, that Order#4.

Get it right please.
An showing durability.

SS can take hit from all of them at the same time and still stand.

jrodslam
Originally posted by The Flash
Great example of Surfer being able to absorb any type of energy. stick out tongue

Oooh. Low blow. 1 more for the good guys ehh?

laughing laughing laughing laughing

jrodslam
An showing durability.

SS can take hit from all of them at the same time and still stand.

He's better be. They arent even cosmic level characters.

The Flash
Oooh. Low blow. 1 more for the good guys ehh?

laughing laughing laughing laughing Happy Dance

Tony Stark
He's better be. They arent even cosmic level characters.

And what would SHAZAM be doing with all of those NON-COSMIC level characters blasting him all at the same time?

Possibly pushing up daisies is my bet. evil face

The Flash
And what would SHAZAM be doing with all of those NON-COSMIC level characters blasting him all at the same time?

Possibly pushing up daisies is my bet. evil face He'd be dodging them with his superior speed.

jrodslam

Yep.

laughing laughing laughing

CM took on a mind contorlled Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Warrior, Green Lantern all at the same time.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/050430041910/billyvsJLA5.jpg

The Flash
The link doesn't work. :-\

Tony Stark
Yep.

CM took on a mind contorlled Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Warrior, Green Lantern all at the same time.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/attachments/050430041910/billyvsJLA5.jpg

And they were all blasting (not punching) him at the very same time?

I don't think they all have the capabilities to do that?

Do they? cool

dawsey28
Who said he could absorb any kind of energy?

Not me. Don't put words in my mouth. I said he could do just about... JUST ABOUT any feat imaginible. Which DOES NOT mean that he can do anything, it just means that he can do almost anything. And that has been stated by the Wizard staff. In fact it's already in a couple threads in here.

And what all can Captain Marvel do? Huh?

Wisdom : Not enough to counter Surfer's experience. I don't care if CM has been around sinse the 40s. SS had been helping Galactus way before he was introduced into comics.

Strength: Would help if Surfer let him get close enough, but Surfer won't. He'd just zip around him and blast him from long distances.

Stamina: It may take a while, but blasted enough times and CM goes down.

Power: Sure he's got the power of Zeus, but Surfer is a herald of galactus meaning Surfer's no slouch in power. And lightning bolts vs the power cosmic?

Speed: CM may have the edge in speed if Surfer didn't have his board, but Surfer could zip around and blast him with his board.

The Flash
Who said he could absorb any kind of energy?Maybe you haven't said it, but if you've read Silver Surfer versus threads, many members claim that he can.

dawsey28
Well, then I apologize. I am new here.

The Flash
Welcome to the forums!

jrodslam
Originally posted by The Flash
The link doesn't work. :-\

Dam. What about this?

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050430041910&q=shazam

The Flash
Nice scans.

jrodslam
Welcome dawsey28.

I wanna know how lng Surfer has been "helping Galactus"?

dawsey28
Indeed nice scans. While this doesn't prove that SS could beat CM, I would just like to point out that CM was healed during that fight.

Well nobody knows for sure how long Surfer was helping Galactus, but he'd been a herald for "countless years" (whatever amount that means) before he arrived to Earth the first time to help Galctus devour the planet. You know when Surfer first met the Fantastic Four.

The story could have changed sinse then. I'm sure it has. But I'm going by the original.

jrodslam
I never said CM could beat SS.

People assume SS can beat CM.

Yea he can heal himself. Thats a benefit he has.

I dont know why he didnt do it himself though?

The Flash
Considering that CM got healed only after the JLA jumped him, I say he has pretty good durability since he tooks those attacks while injured.

dawsey28
It's definitely a tough fight. There's no denying that. I just think that Surfer could beat him. But I guess that it's just me.

Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury. That's a lot of power. (Plus the other couple powers he has gained over the years), but Surfer just seems to have powers that can combat all that and plus some.

Tony Stark
Dam. What about this?

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050430041910&q=shazam

cool I agree nice scans.

Here it comes. BUT you kind of hurt the SHAZAM cause by showing the fight. It looks as if he was pretty well taken out (sling, bruises, scratches etc.) then he was HELPED out, by an outside source. By being fully healed. To try it again. While the rest of his at that time foes were not. And then he MAY have triumphed. on his own or with further help I'm not sure. I haven't read that storyline. So i think that SHAZAM would not have been able to handle the situation without interference (Full health).

cool

jrodslam
dawsey, youre right SS could beat CM. I think it could go either way personally.

Stark, if you notice CM is holding back the entire fight. He wasnt even fighting back.

Notice how the guy said "Youll win them over. All you have todo is fight back."

But as we see, soon as he puts in an effort, they cant even touch him.

Tony Stark
dawsey, youre right SS could beat CM. I think it could go either way personally.

Stark, if you notice CM is holding back the entire fight. He wasnt even fighting back.

Notice how the guy said "Youll win them over. All you have todo is fight back."

But as we see, soon as he puts in an effort, they cant even touch him.

cool Ah! but as any true comic geek knows. Whenever a good guy or girl hero is put under some sort of mind control spell or what have you. They themselves don't fight to the best of their abilities either, because they are also fighting the mind control, because the truth and justice in them is too strong not to. So they are also holding back.

Happy Dance

jrodslam
cool Ah! but as any true comic geek knows. Whenever a good guy or girl hero is put under some sort of mind control spell or what have you. They themselves don't fight to the best of their abilities either, because they are also fighting the mind control, because the truth and justice in them is too strong not to. So they are also holding back.

Happy Dance

That sometimes is true. But not in this case. Here CM is easily getting the best of Supes. Under someone else's control.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050106222750&q=shazam

jrodslam
Night all see ya later.

Tony Stark
That sometimes is true. But not in this case. Here CM is easily getting the best of Supes. Under someone else's control.

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050106222750&q=shazam

Ah! for the 2nd time... laughing out loud

i've got the kingdom come book also. You are forgeting to look closely at panels 4-9 where Supes says ENOUGH! SSSSHHHH! Billy settle down little guy and listen to me. Supes was ALSO holding back (SHAZAM was too...Good guy). Because he knew that SHAZAM was under mind control.

Happy Dance Happy Dance

lil player007
i think silver surfer wins

Superherovandal
can surfer absorb life energy of humans?

Nataku8188

juggernaut74
Are Surfers power cosmic blasts enought to even Hurt CM?

I think CM took a few punches from Superman over the years unharmed.

Maybe Surfer can speedblitz him in a "nanosecond" laughing

kgkg
Are Surfers power cosmic blasts enought to even Hurt CM?

I think CM took a few punches from Superman over the years unharmed.

Maybe Surfer can speedblitz him in a "nanosecond" laughing
Yes few cosmic blasts will K.O his ass.

juggernaut74
Well why didnt they K.O. Rhino or Abomination? Two guys nowhere near the durablity of CM

kgkg

juggernaut74
So what makes you think hell kill CM. Get where Im going?

kgkg
So what makes you think hell kill CM. Get where Im going?
Bloodlust

juggernaut74
OMFG............whatever

kgkg

juggernaut74
Funny you post that pic. Because I just went and dug it out of the long box and counted not one, not two but three times Rhino hits Surfer.

Now I thought Surfer could react and think at lightspeeds.

The first hit was a right hook sending Surfer off his board.
The second hit Rhino rips a bubble gum machine out of the ground and wacks him across the head with it.
The third hit Rhino charged him and hit him with his horn.

Now I know Rhino is no match for Surfer but where was that lightspeed reaction time at?

Nataku8188
I don't know, must be a plot device. Like that time spider-man beat firelord.

juggernaut74
I know CM is a 16 year old kid but he still has the wisdom of Solomon and does and can incorporate it into a fight.

Nataku8188
I've not commented on the fight. I don't know who would win.

dawsey28
Just because he didn't use light speed reflexes in that one instance doesn't mean that he CAN'T.

Now lets just say that he doesn't have light speed reflexes just for the sake of argument. On his board he can still travel faster than the speed of light (or 99% the speed of light depending on which comics you read). Which means that he can zip around CM and blast him. It would take quite a few blasts, but I believe CM would get K.O. ed sooner or later. Surfer can unleash blasts strong enough to level a large city. That's pretty powerful.

as far as CM having "The Wisdom of Solomon"... well as I have already said... the wisdom of a biblical mortal is not enough to counter the countless years Surfer has of being a herald of galactus. BTW, Surfer is gifted in the intelligence area as well and he has the "cosmic awareness."

O.D Geist
as far as CM having "The Wisdom of Solomon"... well as I have already said... the wisdom of a biblical mortal is not enough to counter the countless years Surfer has of being a herald of galactus. BTW, Surfer is gifted in the intelligence area as well and he has the "cosmic awareness."

The wisdom of a "biblical mortal" gives CM 1,000's of years intellegence strategy and wisdom.

Is countless years of Surfer being Galactu's herald more than that? I doubt it. If so, proof would be nice.

Plus, Dr. Strange is smarter and wiser than Surfer. Surfer may be gifted, but not that gifted.

kgkg

dawsey28
Originally posted by O.D Geist
The wisdom of a "biblical mortal" gives CM 1,000's of years intellegence strategy and wisdom.

Is countless years of Surfer being Galactu's herald more than that? I doubt it. If so, proof would be nice.

Plus, Dr. Strange is smarter and wiser than Surfer. Surfer may be gifted, but not that gifted.

Even if I'm wrong here and Surfer is less intelligent than Solomon, it doesn't matter because Surfer can still just zip around and blast him. So it's not like CM will win just because he's wiser.

And I'm new so I can't show scans or links. I've already tried. The administrators won't let me.

kgkg
Even if I'm wrong here and Surfer is less intelligent than Solomon, it doesn't matter because Surfer can still just zip around and blast him. So it's not like CM will win just because he's wiser.

And I'm new so I can't show scans or links. I've already tried. The administrators won't let me.
Welcome Dawsey

O.D Geist

First, Welcome..

Intellegence in a battle goes a long way. I dont doubt that CM can take a surfer blast. I dont boubt that Surfer can take a CM blast. They are both powerfull. Hard to say who wins though.

Surfer does have most abilities. Will they work on CM is another story. Being wise with power can take you far. Look at Strange.

dawsey28
Thanks for the Welcome and that goes for everyone else who has welcomed me. I do appreciate it.

Just look at the scale:
WISDOM OF SOLOMON

Surfer has experience, gifted intelligence, Cosmic Awareness

STRENGTH OF HERCULES

Surfer has the ability to endow himself with class 100 strength (lifting over 100 tons)

STAMINA OF ATLAS

Surfer can stand in the middle of a supernova and has survived some pretty powerful blasts from enemies.

POWER OF ZEUS

This may give CM an edge but Surfer has the Power Cosmic and a long list of powers and abilities.

COURAGE OF ACHILLES

Well, it's not like Surfer's not courageous.

SPEED OF MERCURY

Surfer can move very fast on his Board.

You see, everything CM has in some degree Surfer also has.

I admit it won't be a cakewalk for Surfer. It'll be a difficult fight, but I just can't see CM winning at the end of the day.

jrodslam
I cant see anyone winning really.

juggernaut74
Well I found another example of Surfer not using his "lightspeed reaction" and its not even a fight.

Silver Surfer/Warlock resurrection #1 Surfer was flying on his board and out of nowhere Drax appears in front of him and Surfer runs right into Drax and falls off his board. I could be wrong but I think Drax even stole his board.

Surfer wasnt even flying that fast either so where was that "lightspeed reaction" at once again?

juggernaut74
)

-Just like how slow pokes punch Superman.
-Just like how Wonder Man/ Thor actually got a hit on Gladiator (since he showed he can react/move at 100X light speed) etc.

Then why do you guys bring up the "nanosecond" thing all the time?

jrodslam
Uhh Ohh.

Of all the characters that can move, react fater than light speeds, there has been many times where they have been caought off guard or had a slow reaction to something.

I hate when people bring up a character having light speed reflexes in battle. Or being able to speedblitz someone. When a scan comes up that has them not doing it, it makes them look pretty bad.

Speed only plays a factor mostly when theres clearly speed disadvantrage. Otherwise it be best not to mention it. Imo.

juggernaut74
I just reread the time he fought Abomination. Abom actually knocked Surfer loopy and it weakened him from one punch. Where was that "lightspeed reaction"at?

Oh yea.........its true

Cosmic Cube
Then why do you guys bring up the "nanosecond" thing all the time?

Because Surfer has shown he can move, think, and react in a nanosecond or less. What I don't understand is why people tend to bring up a characters worst fights instead of their greatest feats. Maybe it's just a bias.

juggernaut74
Or maybe your just blind.

Cosmic Cube
Or maybe your just blind.

Blind to what? Certainly not your bias.

juggernaut74
Man I can show you more examples of Surfer not reacting at lightspeed than you can show me him using it. Your just blind to the fact that he JUST DONT REACT AT LIGHTSPEED ALL THE TIME.

Cosmic Cube
Man I can show you more examples of Surfer not reacting at lightspeed than you can show me him using it. Your just blind to the fact that he JUST DONT REACT AT LIGHTSPEED ALL THE TIME.

No, he doesn't. Superman doesn't always move planets. No one always exercises their potential. That's a sorry excuse for an argument. Take some time and read the forum rules.

juggernaut74
I dont care what the forum rules say. Did you ever hear me say Superman moves planets therefore he will kill Surfer? Nope.

You and your pal kgkg always say this will be over in a "nanosecond" in almost every thread that has Surfer in it.

Deal with it.

Cosmic Cube
I dont care what the forum rules say. Did you ever hear me say Superman moves planets therefore he will kill Surfer? Nope.

You and your pal kgkg always say this will be over in a "nanosecond" in almost every thread that has Surfer in it.

Deal with it.
If you don't care what the rules say, why even participate in a thread? Why post in the forum?

"I wonder if Superman can break Surfer's neck?" laughing

juggernaut74
When you post in a thread do you keep the rules in mind? You know you dont cause if you did you would never use the "nanosecond" thing all of the time.

Cosmic Cube
When you post in a thread do you keep the rules in mind? You know you dont cause if you did you would never use the "nanosecond" thing all of the time.

Yes, I do.

Why not? How does that violate the forum rules?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
No, he doesn't. Superman doesn't always move planets. No one always exercises their potential. That's a sorry excuse for an argument. Take some time and read the forum rules. Did you not say this?

Cosmic Cube
Did you not say this?

Yes I did. Your point?

juggernaut74
Dude nevermind.

Cosmic Cube
I was saying that no one always exercises their full potential in their comic books. In this forum, everyone exercises the fullest extent of their ability without enhancement. Superman is welcome to exercise his planet moving strength in this forum.

You obviously didn't comprehend what I was saying.

juggernaut74

You obviously didn't comprehend what I was saying. Likewise.

dawsey28
This is from the rules. That is why say that these guys use their full potential in these forums. Because unless specified otherwise, that is how these fights are supposed to judged.

juggernaut74
Then why do they say Surfer will take somebody out in a "nanosecond" all the time?

Cosmic Cube
Because he can move and react in a nanosecond or less.

juggernaut74
So can the Flash and he was used as an example in the forum rules.

dawsey28
And if Surfer is using his full potential, he can beat quite a few warriors in a nanosecond.

Although CM may be able to handle at least a couple of his blasts.

And Flash cannot use superspeed AND blasts that can destroy a city.

whirlysplat

He misunderstands everyones post if it says something he doesn't like it must be on purpose. big grin

juggernaut74
OMG not you too man. Another "nanosecond" guy.

Cosmic Cube

Everyone who argues on Flash's behalf says "Flash wins this in a picosecond!" (Picosecond<Nanosecond) Yet, you have no problem with this.

hoorayforpeepee
what is the matter with you guys? the rules say that even though flash doesn't bust everyone in comics during the first picosecond IT IS A VIABLE TACTIC BECAUSE HE HAS DISPLAYED THIS ABILITY BEFORE.

so...how does this mean surfer isn't allowed to use superspeed?

juggernaut74
How many times has Flash won a fight that way?

How many times has Surfer won a fight that way?

Get where this is going?

hoorayforpeepee
that's besides the point.

if surfer has ever displayed the ability to speedblitz before, it is a viable tactic on this board. even if it was only once.

whirlysplat

Get where this is going?

Peepee gets it he just doesn't like it big grin So chooses to misunderstand it. Theres a lot of that going on today big grin

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by whirlysplat
Peepee gets it he just doesn't like it big grin So chooses to misunderstand it. Theres a lot of that going on today big grin

You're doing it right now.

Cosmic Cube

Get where this is going?

Read the rules carefully.

juggernaut74
Read the rules carefully. CC you are getting on my nerves once again but I am gonna be nice this time. Surfer dont speedblitz cause its not in his character.

The rules do say that.

hoorayforpeepee
the rules are contradictory. it says characters will act in character unless specified, and then it says that if someone has displayed an ability it is assumed they will use it since they will be fighting "to the best of their ability".

nobody fights to the best of their ability in comics, least of all cosmic level characters.

juggernaut74
Thats why I said ealier I dont care what the rules say.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
the rules are contradictory. it says characters will act in character unless specified, and then it says that if someone has displayed an ability it is assumed they will use it since they will be fighting "to the best of their ability.

nobody fights to the best of their ability in comics, least of all cosmic level characters.

I think thats the point Juggs is making Peepee

hoorayforpeepee
so then it depends on which part of the rules you listen to.

you guys are listening to the "characters will act in character" part, and CC is listening to the "best of their ability part".

so whats the problem? you guys are all acting under the perimeter of the rules.

juggernaut74
Well CM and Surfer never really fight to the best of their ability it seems.

Thats why I say once again 50/50.

whirlysplat
so then it depends on which part of the rules you listen to.

you guys are listening to the "characters will act in character" part, and CC is listening to the "best of their ability part".

so whats the problem? you guys are all acting under the perimeter of the rules.

big grin I think you know big grin

hoorayforpeepee
i do know, i do know.

at this point i officially revoke my unofficial position as cosmic cube's defender.

upon further review, he adds little to debates in which he has emotional stake.

whirlysplat
i do know, i do know.

at this point i officially revoke my unofficial position as cosmic cube's defender.

thank you my friend wink

Cosmic Cube
i do know, i do know.

Thank you?

whirlysplat
Thank you?

embarrasment mate.......................................................

kgkg
CM couldn't even beat WW.

Silver Surfer > Superman >WonderWoman >=CM

juggernaut74
I have one word for you kgkg.

SHAZAAM! Happy Dance

jrodslam
CM couldn't even beat WW.

Silver Surfer > Superman >WonderWoman >=CM

I dont think thats a quite valid arguement to make on a winner because...

Superman cant beat CM, but he could beat WW. But its argues that SS cant beat Supes. So wouldnt it be more like....

Superman=CM >SS > WW?

Just a thought.

kgkg
I dont think thats a quite valid arguement to make on a winner because...

Superman cant beat CM, but he could beat WW. But its argues that SS cant beat Supes. So wouldnt it be more like....

Superman=CM >SS > WW?

Just a thought.

Superman > than both CM and WW.

And no Superman can't beat SS.

read SS vs Supes 70% voted for SS to be the winner

jrodslam
Superman > than both CM and WW.

And no Superman can't beat SS.

read SS vs Supes 70% voted for SS to be the winner

Superman cant beat CM just to let you know.

There are alot of SS fanboys on this board. Nonetheless, Supes cant beat CM.

kgkg
Superman cant beat CM just to let you know.

There are alot of SS fanboys on this board. Nonetheless, Supes cant beat CM.

There are ?

SS beating is not fan boy it's just logic.

-SS is faster.
- Can munipalate matter.
etc.

dawsey28
Superman is considered the most powerful hero in the DCU. How could CM beat him? And yes I know about his vulnerabillity to magic.

Supes has survived a punch from CM after CM soaked his fists in magic. I can't post scans, but I can tell you what book this was in. It was in JLA #29. (Crisis times five: JLA 28-31).

CM had to sneak up on Supes and attack him. He knocked Supes out and the said that he got lucky.

Hourman: Not many people can do that.

Marvel: I got lucky and he's vulnerable to magic. Holy Moley, I feel low, but if something goes wrong in the fifth dimention, the Earth's going to need Superman much more than it needs me.

Now why would Cap'n Marvel say that if he could beat Superman?

Silver Surfer wins this.

jrodslam
I never said that CM could beat Superman. I said that Supes cant beat him.

The reason CM would say "If something goes wrong in the fifth dimention, the Earths going to need Superman much more than it needs me." is beacause Superman is DC's poster boy. Who else would it be? Superman is the obvious choice. Why? Cause hes Superman for petes sake. Argueably the greatest comic character of all time.

SS wining could be debatable. How would he win? I still say tie.

dawsey28
If CM ever turned back to Billy Batson, then supes could beat him. Same goes for Surfer.

I believe they could beat him as CM also. Having the stamina of Atlas doesn't mean he can't be defeated.

It would take quite a few blasts, but SS could defeat him sooner or later.

jrodslam
If CM ever turned back to Billy Batson, then supes could beat him. Same goes for Surfer.

I believe they could beat him as CM also. Having the stamina of Atlas doesn't mean he can't be defeated.

It would take quite a few blasts, but SS could defeat him sooner or later.

Of course. Thats like saying if Hulk turned back to Bruce Banner I could beat him.

Im not saying just cause hes got the stamina of Atlas, he automaticaly wins. He can be defeated, just hasnt been defeated by Superman.

You think Surfer can take his blast? Just a question. I say that because Surfer is vunerable to magic as well.

I think it would take many many blast from Surfer to beat him. If that could beat him. Same goes for CM against Surfer.

kgkg
I never said that CM could beat Superman. I said that Supes cant beat him.

The reason CM would say "If something goes wrong in the fifth dimention, the Earths going to need Superman much more than it needs me." is beacause Superman is DC's poster boy. Who else would it be? Superman is the obvious choice. Why? Cause hes Superman for petes sake. Argueably the greatest comic character of all time.

SS wining could be debatable. How would he win? I still say tie.

How would he win?

like how he beated Morg , Firelord , God like Cable , Terrax , Orion(from DC) , Hulk , Wonder Man , Abomination ( when SS was very weak) ,

Even against Krovac (he even managed to get a tie) etc.

What is Captain Marvel going to do punch him?

-Hulk has punched SS on the ground it had no effect (while he is trying to talk to him).
- Was trapped in rock by Krovac (that was planet size) he Shattered that planet.

You saw how easily he defeated Orion, and Kyle in crossover, he even turn Metropolis from a toy (size) to how it was (undid 5-dimentional Magic)

Few Cosmic Blast from surfer and CM is out.

-You really think he can survive such attacks?
- SS was hit by the avengers at once (most) (WW, Iron Man , SW , etc) and has standing like it was nothing
- Can survive Super Nova Explosion.

If SS wants to knock CM there is nothing he can do to hurt SS.

jrodslam
What is Captain Marvel going to do punch him?

Few Cosmic Blast from surfer and CM is out.

-You really think he can survive such attacks?
- SS was hit by the avengers at once (most) (WW, Iron Man , SW , etc) and has standing like it was nothing

If SS wants to knock CM there is nothing he can do to hurt SS.

CM doesnt just punch. I think its very ignorant for you to say something like that.

You believe that a few blast from Surfer would take him out? Yet it didnt work to well on Cyborg huh? Surfer couldnt even "Halt" him.

Yes Surfer was hit by those Avengers and was able to stand afterwards. BUUUT while he was getting hit, he wasnt even able to break free. He couldnt even move till Hulk came and helped him.

In the next issue of that series, he quickly drained his energy in only a few minutes while trying to stop Hulk. Thats a serious lack of endurance in my book.

Obviously in that same book, a magical knife penetratred Surfer's skin. Magic seems to work very well against Surfer.

I dont think Surfer can knock CM out. Hell, Superman couldnt even do it. Superman is physically stronger than Surfer too. And Surfers blasts didnt even affect Cyborg Superman. Im not saying that CM could knock out Surfer though. The magic surely helps nonetheless.

kgkg
CM doesnt just punch. I think its very ignorant for you to say something like that.

You believe that a few blast from Surfer would take him out? Yet it didnt work to well on Cyborg huh? Surfer couldnt even "Halt" him.

Yes Surfer was hit by those Avengers and was able to stand afterwards. BUUUT while he was getting hit, he wasnt even able to break free. He couldnt even move till Hulk came and helped him.

In the next issue of that series, he quickly drained his energy in only a few minutes while trying to stop Hulk. Thats a serious lack of endurance in my book.

Obviously in that same book, a magical knife penetratred Surfer's skin. Magic seems to work very well against Surfer.

I dont think Surfer can knock CM out. Hell, Superman couldnt even do it. Superman is physically stronger than Surfer too. And Surfers blasts didnt even affect Cyborg Superman. Im not saying that CM could knock out Surfer though. The magic surely helps nonetheless.

Lol if Iron Man, SW , WW etc were all attacking CM at the same time.

Shazam will be toast.

"Obviously in that same book, a magical knife penetratred Surfer's skin. Magic seems to work very well against Surfer."

He was weak (drained of his energy)

SS has blasted planets with easy, battled all those people I listed.

-SS is faster than CM
- SS is physical Stronger than CM (when augmenting his strength with power cosmic)( he has blasted planets(or close to it) while in fights)
- SS is more durable than CM(super nova , WW, rhino , fire lord , terrax etc ( all got plenty of hits ( but SS beat them with ease.

jrodslam
Each one gets 1 bolt from CM and is layed out. Superman drops to his knees with CM's blasts. I guess youre saying Ironman, Vision, Wonderman, Warbird, and Wasp can take it ehh? They are more durable than Supes?

Yes sufer was weak and drained of energy. How? 5 min trying to stop Hulk he wasted his powers which made him exhausted and weak. Bad endurance on Surfers part.

You dont think CM could beat all those you listed? Surfer couldnt even beat Cyborg Superman.

Surfer has to augment his strength to make himself stronger than CM you say? Yet CM has no limit to his strength either. How much will Surfer need to augment?

How do you know Surfer is more durable? He uses his powers for 5 min then looses all durability? Then gets stabbed by magical dagger?

So its settled SS beats DC's top Characters.

Wonderwoman, Superman, Gl's, Captain Marvel, Cyborg.

Got it. You win. No more Surfer vs threads for me.

kgkg

whirlysplat

kgkg
Originally posted by whirlysplat
As predicted by Juggernaut kgkg has turned up with all CC argumentslol, makes you wonder if he read the thread roll eyes (sarcastic)
Yes, and what is you defense? LMAO

-SS speed blitz.(CM)
-Blasts him with earth destroying attacks.

SS is just too powerful for CM.

smile

Big Evil
You mean Captain Marvel.

Silfer Surfer anyways, if you remember Thor defeated Captain Marvel and Silver Surfer defeated Thor in the infinity crusade.

But then again Thor had control over thunder and lightning. Captain Marvel could transform back into a boy to get out of mishaps and to temporarily confuse Surfer but it wouldn't last for long. The power cosmic is just too strong for somone, even if he is comparible to Superman in level..

kgkg
Originally posted by Big Evil
You mean Captain Marvel.

Silfer Surfer anyways, if you remember Thor defeated Captain Marvel and Silver Surfer defeated Thor in the infinity crusade.

But then again Thor had control over thunder and lightning. Captain Marvel could transform back into a boy to get out of mishaps and to temporarily confuse Surfer but it wouldn't last for long. The power cosmic is just too strong for somone, even if he is comparible to Superman in level..
yes if an attack from korvac couldn't take SS down.

Cm has nothing on him

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>