Rogue vs. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Draco69
Enlighten this poor padawan...

Originally posted by sbo
She knocked Thor out, so he didn't win that fight did he?
Even without the element of surprise, all she needs is to get close and thor's out.

I have a migraine. I can't argue.

Draco69
bump

Sentry
Thor was probably distracted by her beauty and was knocked out. Or very bad writing. Thor on any day of the week will make Rogue one of his handmaidens. Battle wise, Thor will knock Rogue out in one punch. Did that really happen? Did Rogue really knock Thor out?

sbo
What's a padawan?

sbo
And yes, Rogue did knock out Thor.

Draco69
Originally posted by Sentry
Thor was probably distracted by her beauty and was knocked out. Or very bad writing. Thor on any day of the week will make Rogue one of his handmaidens. Battle wise, Thor will knock Rogue out in one punch. Did that really happen? Did Rogue really knock Thor out?

Yes. In Rogue's first appearance. Thor thought she was just a normal teenage girl and tried to reason with her. But Rogue kissed him and absorbed his powers.

the Darkone
I don't think so. During Onslaught saga the avengers found magneto(clone) with rogue and they wanted to bring him and rogue was trying to defind him she socked thor in the process, but he hasn't even faded looked at her with a look like that was it.

the Darkone
Rogue will get murder she is no matched for a god let alone a warrior god. One good hit from his fists or hammer she will be in a coma for awhile.

sbo
Originally posted by the Darkone
I don't think so. During Onslaught saga the avengers found magneto(clone) with rogue and they wanted to bring him and rogue was trying to defind him she socked thor in the process, but he hasn't even faded looked at her with a look like that was it.

That wasn't the encounter that i was referring to. In their first encounter she touched his face and knocked him out instantly.

Draco69
For the last time, Thor didn't know Rogue from Eve. She was an 18-year old girl wearing a green hood. How the hell was Thor supposed to know that a single touch would drain his powers?

sbo
You're missing my point here, he's let her get close enough to absorb his powers since that first time. So he obviously hasn't learned his lesson.

Draco69
You're deluding yourself. Rogue was hysterical about Joseph. Not to mention it wasn't a fight. Merely an arguement. He knew Rogue wasn't stupid enough to try and absorb him; especially considering the state of her mind at the time. (i.e. Gambit).

Sentry
Like I said, tricked by her beauty. Thor wins. One blast from the Mjlonir would take her out without even touching her.

Draco69
She was little girl. He took pity on her. He wasn't gonna wack a teenage girl with a hammer that hurts the Hulk.

sbo
That's why Thor's going to lose again, he's obviously too strong for her physically and he knows it, his hesitation to strike is what will cause his defeat again.

Draco69
???? That's bull****

He won't hestiate. He hit the friggin Enchantress through a castle.

Rogue was a teenage girl he didn't know and was probably troubled. Thor won't hestitate this time. Especially since this bloodlust.

You're grasping straws. Or air more accurately.

armandovalles
no, Rogue is stronger than people think. In the 90's cartoon she went toe-to-toe with gladiator for about 3 minutes in the "the fate of the phoenix". So if she can last 3 minutes with Glad's, i'd say she could maybe last 5 against Thor.

Draco69
And in the X-Men movie she didn't have ANY powers at all. Don't use media items as evidence. Would you want someone stupid enough to quote the Thing from the upcoming Fantastic Four movie has a preindicator of his strength level? No? Good.

And Gladiator defeated her in a comic with a casual slap.

sbo
Originally posted by Draco69
???? That's bull****

He won't hestiate. He hit the friggin Enchantress through a castle.

Rogue was a teenage girl he didn't know and was probably troubled. Thor won't hestitate this time. Especially since this bloodlust.

You're grasping straws. Or air more accurately.

You never said this fight was a bloodlust battle, if that's what you meant you should have stated it at the beginning of the thread.

If it were a bloodlust battle thor would win easily, he'd hit her with everything he had when he first saw her.

the Darkone
Originally posted by armandovalles
no, Rogue is stronger than people think. In the 90's cartoon she went toe-to-toe with gladiator for about 3 minutes in the "the fate of the phoenix". So if she can last 3 minutes with Glad's, i'd say she could maybe last 5 against Thor.

where not talking about cartoons. Thor is to damn strong for here and powerful and he is alot faster then she is. Rogue is strong but she's not that strong to take on a god for godsakes, the fight will not last that long she will be lucky if she wakes up from coma that thor will put her in.

Swanky-Tuna
I had to comic this.

Draco69
The most accurate comic to date.

sbo
If it were a bloodlust battle it would be accurate, but for this thread it's not. Thor wouldn't kill someone at first sight.

Draco69
????

Thor has been killing things since he was 16 years old. You're obviously completely ignorant about Thor.

sbo
Well then why didn't he just kill Rogue in his first encounter with her, or in his second encounter?

Draco69
1st encounter: He's not gonna kill a 18 year old girl that he presumed to be human. That would be overkill.

2nd encounter: He's not gonna kill Rogue in front of Captain America and the X-Men. They'll never forgive him.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by sbo
If it were a bloodlust battle it would be accurate, but for this thread it's not. Thor wouldn't kill someone at first sight.
Draco said it was bloodlust.

Draco69
The rules of this forum specifically state "bloodlust" which means they will give it their all.

And you're lucky nobody hasn't mentioned King Thor...

sbo
The rules state that each opponent will fight within their personality. Bloodlust isn't within rogue or thor's personality.

Draco69
Which shows you know NOTHING about Thor. Bloodlust isn't Thor's personality? That's like saying Wolverine is a virgin. Hah! You're hysterical. laughing out loud

Swanky-Tuna
To the best of their abilities while staying in character. Unfortunately that means some will kill and some won't.

sbo
I'll ask you again, since you ignored the question the last time, if thor is so bloodthirsty, why didn't he just kill rogue in the first place. He's obviously capable of doing it.

Draco69
God, you're slow. Teenage girl. 18 years old. No reason to kill. Thor was trying to reason with Rogue. Why the hell would Thor kill a teenage girl in front of all his friggin teammates?

sbo
There's obviously no getting through your thick skull with reason, but I'll say it again.
Thor didn't try to kill her the 1st time or the 2nd time , so why would his first reaction be to kill her this time.

Draco69
Thick skull? You're obviously nigh-insane. You just being stubborn:

AGAIN:

1st encounter: "God, you're slow. Teenage girl. 18 years old. No reason to kill. Thor was trying to reason with Rogue. Why the hell would Thor kill a teenage girl in front of all his friggin teammates?"

2nd encounter: Why the hell would Thor kill Rogue in front of the Avengers and the X-Men? Especially when it was completely unnecessary and they need everyone they could for the battle against Onslaught.

As I said: "Fanboy to the highest order"

sbo
Again I ask you how is this encounter any different than the previous 2?

Why would he kill her this time?

You still won't answer this question because you know the answer is, he wouldn't.

Swanky-Tuna
sbo, maybe you have the word bloodlust mixed up. In this case, it's not like doomsday-rawr-kill-everything. It's just not beyond Thor to kill something.

And in this fight, he doesn't really even need to. He knows Rogue's power now. He's a warrior. I'm sure he can swat Rogue away without touching her skin. Unless she's coming at him in a bikini or something.

Draco69
Originally posted by sbo
Again I ask you how is this encounter any different than the previous 2?

Bloodlust specifies that characters stay in character but give it everything they have. Thor has killed thousands of people. Killing isn't beneath him. Rogue is no different. And do you really think Rogue can withstand a GodForce blast? You'll probably say yes...

Originally posted by sbo
Why would he kill her this time?

As I said bloodlust.

Originally posted by sbo
You still won't answer this question because you know the answer is, he wouldn't.

He would. Easily. Thor almost murdered Iron Man. One of his best friends. He killed his own brother. He wouldn't stoop to not killing Rogue.

You need serious clinical help. You're the ONLY person who thinks Rogue would win. Everyone else is just laughing at your audacity.

sbo
I don't disagree that he could beat her, but the fact that he hasn't yet leads me to believe that he'd let the same thing happen again. He's let her get his hands on him twice and he still didn't keep out of reach.

And I'm not saying that thor would never kill, but that wouldn't be his first reaction.

If they're staying in character thor won't give it everything he has at the onset of the fight.

Draco69
You not doubting that Thor can and would beat Rogue....but you don't believe Thor wouldn't actually beat Rogue because he's gonna hold back like a dunce? What the f**k?

sbo
That's what he's done twice before. The first time you could say it was inexperience. 2 or more times is just stupid.

Draco69
And for god's sake gather some sense: Thor doesn't NEED to kill Rogue to win. A godforce blast or a wack of his hammer would put her down like so.

sbo
If he didn't feel compelled to deliver such a blast why would he do so. Clearly his overconfidence clouded his judgement in their previous encounters, so that's what I believe would happen this time.

Draco69
Originally posted by sbo
That's what he's done twice before. The first time you could say it was inexperience. 2 or more times is just stupid.

Do you have short-term memory or something? You've said the same question over and over again:

"You're missing my point here, he's let her get close enough to absorb his powers since that first time. So he obviously hasn't learned his lesson."

Rogue isn't a threat to him. He wasn't going to let her absorb him if she tried. What did she hit him with? A GLOVED FIST.

And exactly HOW would, in the fairy-tale world you live in, Rogue manage to absorb Thor if she was close enough?

Draco69
Originally posted by sbo
If he didn't feel compelled to deliver such a blast why would he do so. Clearly his overconfidence clouded his judgement in their previous encounters, so that's what I believe would happen this time.

*sigh* I finally recognize your tactic. Clever but annoying. You repeat the same stupid question that has been proven invalid time and time again and hope for the other person to be exasperated with your seeming stupidity. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thor (before he died) was King Thor. His powers were boosted exponentially and he was a match for a Celestial. His godblasts were powerful enough to hurt Galactus. You're lucky nobody has mentioned this.

Wynndar
yea but he'd still have trouble with a mutant hillbilly x-man

sbo
Do you even know what you're talking about anymore?

How did she absorb him the last time? I think she would do it the same way.

The very fact that he doesn't see her as a treat is what would allow him to be beaten.

And so far you haven't proven anything invalid. I'd like to see you do it. but so far you haven't even come close.

And if we can bring up king thor then I suppose we could bring up super Rogue too. Let's not get bogged down with every incarnation either character has ever had.

Wynndar
what if super rogue is drinking moonshine at the same time?

Swanky-Tuna
Super... Rogue?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by sbo

I suppose we could bring up super Rogue too. confused

Wynndar
moonshine?

Draco69
Lord in Heaven. Have Mercy on this poor ignorant soul...

By grabbing his face. You think Thor will let that happen?

Ohhhhh I see. This is some feminist thing going on. Okay gotcha wink So Thor is gonna stand there and let Rogue absorb him despite the knowledge he possesses that Rogue CAN absorb him. Ooooookay.

Anything valid? Like the fact Thor is a cosmic being with Class 100 strength and Rogue is a mutant with Class 50 strength and leech sucking powers. Your arguement: "Thor will stand there and do nothing because he's sexist and Rogue will drain him" Ooooookay. wink

"Super-Rogue" would get owned by King Thor. You do know who King Thor is right? What I am kidding? OF COURSE you don't. Silly me.

DigiMark007
Ok...wow. This is serious.

Rogue is Class 50-ish. Thor can be well above 100. Rogue's draining powers aren't instantaneous, and one blow from Thor would do a hell of a lot more to Rogue than even 5 seconds of draining would o to Thor...and he'd never let her drain him for that long.

Thor is freakishly more powerful. If Rogue ever "won" it was either because of a unique circumstance or from horrible writing. Thor wins 10/10, bloodlust or not...even bad writing could only bring this fight closer. Thor still wins.

-DM

Draco69
"Super-Rogue" is Sage-upgraded Rogue with all the powers of the people she absorbed. Which is completely useless against King Thor.

juggernaut74
After she absorbed Ms. Marvel?

DigiMark007
I'm amazed you stuck with it this long Draco...it looks like it might be a lost cause though. hehe...

-DM

Draco69
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'm amazed you stuck with it this long Draco...it looks like it might be a lost cause though. hehe...

-DM

I don't like giving up. Even it is against complete people who just and have no what they are talking about.

Draco69
Originally posted by juggernaut74
After she absorbed Ms. Marvel?

Yes. It happened about a year or two ago.

Swanky-Tuna
I don't like giving up. Even it is against complete people who just and have no what they are talking about.
Dude... I don't think I can fit any swear words in your bleeps that would make any sense.

Draco69
You haven't met many sailors have you? stick out tongue

DigiMark007
I'll reiterate what I said since Draco's dogged persistence inspired me somewhat...

Thor wins. He's a god. He has magic. He has an indestructible hammer. He has class 100+ strength.

Rogue has a prayer that she can latch her hand onto Thor's body for along enough to drain him while simultaneously dodging blasts that would make her face implode (her durability is nowhere near Thor's).

-DM

Draco69
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'll reiterate what I said since Draco's dogged persistence inspired me somewhat...

Thor wins. He's a god. He has magic. He has an indestructible hammer. He has class 100+ strength.

Rogue has a prayer that she can latch her hand onto Thor's body for along enough to drain him while simultaneously dodging blasts that would make her face implode (her durability is nowhere near Thor's).

-DM

Gracias, senor!

pray

StrawNilla
Just for kicks, let's compare these two.

Rogue:
-Superhuman strength (class 50)
-Superhuman durability(Regulary dukes it out with Sentinels)
-Flight
-Ability to assume the abilities of whomever she has physical skin-on-skin contact with

Thor:
-Superhuman strength (class 100)
-Superhuman durability (at "base level", or without the assistance of Warrior Madness or Mjolnir, fights entire battles with the likes of Hulk, Hercules, etc in battles which more often than not end in stalemates, has trashed Gladiator)
-The ability to emit thunderbolts from Mjolnir
-Given the gift of flight with Mjolnir
-Can launch or weild Mjonir as a "projectile" of sorts
-Possesses "Warrior Madness," an ability more than comparable to that of the Hulk (a character famous for the ability of increasing his strength with his increasimng rage) that augments his strength beyond that of which he normally fights with

All in all, this is an uneven matchup, with her best punch (in a fight with Thor) she merely impressed Thor with the fact that he felt it, no more, no less. And again, about the debate with Gladiator, hasn't Thor made a bit of a doormat from their first encounter onward? Not to mention that his established/learned fighting style makes him a force to be reckoned with in hand-to-hand, and moreso when collaborated to his already near-odin like physicality. He's too versatile when it comes to dealing with aerial/ground combat. No doubt he'd easily withstand any mid-air rams from Rogue, as well as other attacks at various speeds. And he dominates hth no matter how you might try to alter the outcome from your perspective.

A learned fighting style + class 100 strength + complete resistance to opponent's STRONGEST attacks=short fight.

Draco69
notworthy

We are not worthy of StrawNilla's brilliance!

long pig
well, if she touches him, she can win.

good thing about thor, female or not, he'll K.O your ass.

StrawNilla
notworthy

We are not worthy of StrawNilla's brilliance!
You're too kind.

Nataku8188
This is like me vs stormfront.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Nataku8188
This is like me vs stormfront.

Hahahaha....just watch yourself Nataku...your confidence will prove your undoing. And besides, harder matches await the winners of round 1 (*ominous silence*)...not that stormfront can't win (I'm reserving my judgement for the fight).

-DM cool

Nataku8188
I didn't mean in the tournament. I meant in debating skill... go see spiderman vs storm to get a better understanding of our... relationship... :: Glare ::

DigiMark007
Oh, sorry...my misunderstanding. But I'm well aware of spider-man vs. storm debates with stormfront. I've had a few myself with him (he loves the x-men threads). Stormfront's hilarious because otherwise he's pretty normal and reliable...but he just can't seem to keep Storm out of the discussion. I find it hilarious myself. Once you dis Storm, he goes into Hulk-rage mode...lol

-DM

kgkg
4 pages ? LMAO

Rogue dies

DigiMark007
Originally posted by kgkg
4 pages ? LMAO

Rogue dies

My thoughts exactly. Fanboys can be tough bastards though (I would know...ask me if anyone below Skyfather could beat The Doctor...lol).

-DM

Wynndar
this might be dead...

black robb
Thor smashes her face in one hammer slam,nuff said

Nataku8188
Originally posted by black robb
Thor smashes her face in one hammer slam,nuff said

I see you saw swanky's comic!

black robb
Originally posted by Nataku8188
I see you saw swanky's comic! actually no but now i want to

Nataku8188
It's on the second page of this thread.

black robb
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
I had to comic this. Ha ha ha i just read it

black robb
Originally posted by sbo
What's a padawan? it's like a rookie in the jedi order

Tony Stark
Originally posted by StrawNilla
Just for kicks, let's compare these two.

Rogue:
-Superhuman strength (class 50)
-Superhuman durability(Regulary dukes it out with Sentinels)
-Flight
-Ability to assume the abilities of whomever she has physical skin-on-skin contact with

Thor:
-Superhuman strength (class 100)
-Superhuman durability (at "base level", or without the assistance of Warrior Madness or Mjolnir, fights entire battles with the likes of Hulk, Hercules, etc in battles which more often than not end in stalemates, has trashed Gladiator)
-The ability to emit thunderbolts from Mjolnir
-Given the gift of flight with Mjolnir
-Can launch or weild Mjonir as a "projectile" of sorts
-Possesses "Warrior Madness," an ability more than comparable to that of the Hulk (a character famous for the ability of increasing his strength with his increasimng rage) that augments his strength beyond that of which he normally fights with

All in all, this is an uneven matchup, with her best punch (in a fight with Thor) she merely impressed Thor with the fact that he felt it, no more, no less. And again, about the debate with Gladiator, hasn't Thor made a bit of a doormat from their first encounter onward? Not to mention that his established/learned fighting style makes him a force to be reckoned with in hand-to-hand, and moreso when collaborated to his already near-odin like physicality. He's too versatile when it comes to dealing with aerial/ground combat. No doubt he'd easily withstand any mid-air rams from Rogue, as well as other attacks at various speeds. And he dominates hth no matter how you might try to alter the outcome from your perspective.

A learned fighting style + class 100 strength + complete resistance to opponent's STRONGEST attacks=short fight.

cool When did THOR trash Gladiator? I've seen it the other way around more than once. cool

stormfront13
yeah yeah nataku i sck at debating i know. i'm not the best with words, i know what i want to say but it doesn't come out right. and its a habit of bringing storm into every discussion. i can basically find anything at anythread that i could talk about her with

Nataku8188
Originally posted by stormfront13
yeah yeah nataku i sck at debating i know.

At least your honest.

stormfront13
well i mean c'mon- its a bit obvious

long pig
Storm aint that bad at debating. lol

stormfront13
lol practically. i know what i wanna say but when i type it its all different.

who?-kid
Thor wins 9/10.

But Rogue can absorb his powers, God or no God.

Lord S
Back in the Onslaught saga, Rogue clocked Thor square in the face, causing him to crack a smile. He did acknowledge it by saying it was worthy of a Frost giant.

Still...Thor would smack the sh*t out of her if he really wanted to.

Originally posted by Tony Stark
cool When did THOR trash Gladiator? I've seen it the other way around more than once. cool In the Operation: Galactic Storm crossover.

black robb
Thor can kick the crap out of SUPERMAN!!! what the hell makes you think Rogue(who could barely take Wolverine) can even stand a chance against him?

Beyonder
Originally posted by Lord S

In the Operation: Galactic Storm crossover.

Why are you bringing in Masterson and his cheat win as evidence? He needed Living Lightning to assist his ass.

kgkg

kgkg
if he kept that speed up Thor would have been dead.

black wolverine
thor wins and plus thor is to powerfull to be absobed by rogue

blinkingrogue
rogue absorbed him in what if and pretty much decimated teh avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.