Noise Rock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hoorayforpeepee
just wondering if there are any other noise rock fans out there...

i'm talking lightning bolt, ex models, liars, pink and brown, black dice, wolf eyes, excepter, gang gang dance...

SeptemberRain
I cant stand that crap. I went to see Sonic Youth with my band mates and Wolf Eyes opened for them as well as another noise band. My guitarist thought it was awesome. But i couldnt stand it. By the time the second noise band came on, the crowd (including myself and my bassist) was booing them and yelling sarcastic comments at them. Both bands sounded them. Just randomly making alot of noise and screaming into the mics. I wanted to jump on the stage and beat the crap out of the bands

hoorayforpeepee
wolf eyes and black dice are easily the most esoteric and hard to get into of the bands i mentioned. the others at least use a semblance of song structure...

noise kicks ass.

loserib
Please someone explane noise rock.

hoorayforpeepee
noise rock is a style that uses "fractal noise", repeating patterns of atonal noises. some band like black dice and wolf eyes take this to the extreme, and some like lightning bolt and ex models still have some sort of song structure.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.