Odin vs Swamp-Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig

Sentry
He'll be like a giant plant Surtur. Asgard is a magical realm, and the plant life their could be used by Swamp Thing to engulf Asgard, as he did with Gotham. Odin will have a bit of trouble removing from Asgard. I think he could do it. Maybe. Maybe not.

long pig
I was hoping someone would mention Surtur.
The plantlife in Asgard is immense.

I really don't see Odin capable of keeping his kingdom if Swamp-Thing decides he wants it.

Synchro
Which Odin? Marvel or DC.

Dont know much about Marvel Odin, but I hear he's way stronger than Surfer, is that right? He knocked out Drax and Surfer with a single blast. And even Thanos isnt in his level.

If even one of this is correct, then I dont see ST winning this, no matter how many plant life there are in Asgard. Also Asgard is different than Gotham. I doubt he could engulf Asgard with plant life as easily as Gotham.

If its DC Odin, ST still loses IMO. One of Odin's feats was that he easily defeated Thunderbolt, a 5D Imp. And as far as Im concerned, not many can defeat a 5D Imp. And Darkseid actually needed prep time before facing him.

the Darkone
Marvel's odin

Synchro
Well, are the things I said above true or false?

Mider
Odin doesnt have total controll over His realm and against a super mystical being like Swampthing He would lose i mean Swampthing has power even in Hell Odin wont fare any better Swampthing has taken on the top DC mystics and won even beating The Voice.

MERCILOUS
ST could just destroy the tree of life thing the asguardians have and that would probably be it for them. After all he did create it.

Mider
Swampthing is a weird character if you think of it i mean youd think plants werent deadly yet ive seen the Vision get taken down by a plant wasnt pretty either it totally cloged Him internally...shutters

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Mider
Swampthing is a weird character if you think of it i mean youd think plants werent deadly yet ive seen the Vision get taken down by a plant wasnt pretty either it totally cloged Him internally...shutters

He really is a weird character although nowhere near as weird as in the 80's and 90's big grin

long pig
Tree of life, wtf...I forgot about that.
Close this thread, it's over.

Synchro
Wait a minute, when did Swamp Thing ever beat the Voice?

Again, can someone answer my question: Are the things I said above about Marvel Odin true or not?

If no one answers this, then that means theyre not true. If thats the case, I dont see M Odin winning this unless someone can list his feats/abilities.

Mider
Yes Odin is stronger then Surfer and has even beat Thanos He has just alot of raw cosmic power when He became evil He crushed whole plants in His hand but He is not as strong as other gods like Gaea, Atum, Set, Chthon or the Vishanti, or gods like Cyttorack.

whirlysplat
Why don't other planets have gods in the marvel universe? like Kree gods or Skrull gods? Is it there cultures are so old that they have all been destroyed or are not believed in?

Mider
to much competition? i think they do i remeber Desak the god killer would go planet to planet killing it gods so yeah i guess they are other gods on other planets like Odin and Zues.

whirlysplat
to much competition? i think they do i remeber Desak the god killer would go planet to planet killing it gods so yeah i guess they are other gods on other planets like Odin and Zues.

Wouldn't it be nice to see some other Skyfathers then?

Synchro
Yes Odin is stronger then Surfer and has even beat Thanos He has just alot of raw cosmic power when He became evil He crushed whole plants in His hand but He is not as strong as other gods like Gaea, Atum, Set, Chthon or the Vishanti, or gods like Cyttorack.

IMO Swamp Thing stalemates the Surfer. So if Odin is stronger than Surfer and even Thanos, then Odin takes this.

And yeah, I would be gald to see other Skyfathers besides Odin and Zeus.

Mider
who the hell told you that Swampthing stalemated Surfer??????????? Thats insane Swampthing has fought and taken down the top mystics in all of DC, including Dr Fate as well as Batman He has even defeated The Voice witch is a cosmic entity higher then most of the ones in Marvel who told you that Surfer could stalemate Swampthing cause they were lieing.

Synchro
First of all learn to READ. I said IMO, do you know what that means? IMO=In My Opinion. That is my opinion and no one will ever change that. Not you, Nobody. Understand? I know perfectly well that you regard ST as above Surfer, well guess what? That's not what I think.

Just because he has beaten the top mystics in DC, doesnt mean he's automatically stronger than Surfer. It isnt that LINEAR. There are other factors that should be considered(especially in this SS vs ST battle) before judging who's stronger.

And NO. Swamp Thing didnt beat no Voice. Dont make stuff up.

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Synchro
First of all learn to READ...

...And NO. Swamp Thing didnt beat no Voice. Dont make stuff up.

I think you should learn to read buddy, probably comics if you're gonna debate in these threads, 'especially since you don't even know who Swamp Thing has and has not fought.

Synchro
Uh.... comics issue? if your really that knowledgeable, "buddy". All you did was accuse me of not reading ST. Coz Im looking at Swamp Thing V2 and Saga of Swamp Thing right now, and Im not seeing Swamp Thing battling The Voice.

The only battle between an Elemental and an aspect of God in the whole Swamp Thing series, was the battle between The Word and Tefe(daughter of ST and said to be the next World Elemental).

MERCILOUS
It's Volume 1 clown, last 7 issues or so.

Synchro
HA! Nice try. But not good enough. I went to the comic shop where I always buy my comics. And surprisingly, they still have ST v1 from #1 - #24.

The last 7 issues you say?Well:
#18 - Village of the Doomed
#19 - A Second Time to Die
#20 - The Mirror Monster
#21 - Requiem
#22 - The Solomon Plague
#23 - Rebirth and Nightmare
#24 - The Earth Below

Those are the last 7 issues of v1. And surprise, surprise!! I still didnt see ST battling The Voice. Heck, The Voice didnt even appear in the whole series AT ALL.

Who's the clown?

MERCILOUS
So I got the volume wrong clown, or you did. 'cause i found out the same way, in my comic shop, the one i've been working at for over seven years. So you see joker, take off your coxcomb and go look again, cause the volume I'm talking about has over a hundred issues, that's why your pathetic little comic shop still has them. we have up to 80,000 comics in the store and have an excess of 800,000 thousand comics in storage jester.

long pig
wheres your store at, merc?

MERCILOUS
Rebels Comic Vault in El Paso Texas. We do world wide mail-order if you need anything.

Synchro
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
So I got the volume wrong clown, or you did. 'cause i found out the same way, in my comic shop, the one i've been working at for over seven years. So you see joker, take off your coxcomb and go look again, cause the volume I'm talking about has over a hundred issues, that's why your pathetic little comic shop still has them. we have up to 80,000 comics in the store and have an excess of 800,000 thousand comics in storage jester.

LOL!!!! your a horrible liar. Swamp Thing v1 has a hundred issues? yeah because the GREAT MERCILOUS said so, right? haha. Volume 1 only has 24 issues, NOT a hundred. Get your facts straight.

You want proof, liar? Go to this websites.

http://www.dcuguide.com/chronology.php?name=swampthing4

http://www.sequart.com/swampthingV1.htm

And you said that you checked v1 in your "comic store", right? well, why am I not seeing the comic issue where ST battled The Voice? Oh I see, because you DIDNT check it at all.

So.....who's the clown again? it has already been proven that MERCILOUS is a liar(a horrible liar at that).

MERCILOUS
Oh I'm sorry Syncho, I forgot to call you a fool, a popinjay, and a jackanapes.

Synchro
Hahaha!!!! Merc is angry!!! LOL!!!!!!!

MERCILOUS
And you have undisputable proof of that, the same way you've brought us undisputable proof that Swamp Thing never fought the presence?

How odd that you've decided to simply assume things on more than one occasion, I hope a patern isn't emerging.

Clown.

Synchro
Uhh.... how can I prove something that never happened?

LOL!!!!!! you are the clown. Go to every post of mine and quote me on me actually proving that the Swamp Thing never fought the Presence. All the time I was ASKING for PROOF of ST actually battling The Presence, because I have Volume 2 and Saga of Swamp Thing and I never seen him battle The Presence. I never said:" AHH!! ST never battled of The Presence, here's proof......" I never said that dumbnut.

Heck, I should be the one saying that things to you. YOU are the one who keeps assuming things. YOU are the one who keeps talking out of your ass. You were one of the people who brought up the idea of ST battling The Presence, go to the SS vs ST thread. And now, your saying that ST battled the Voice.

How odd that you've decided to simply assume things on more than one occasion, I hope a patern isn't emerging.

Lol!!! Merc is mad Lol!!!!

Seriously Merc, I sugget you should stop right now. Your just making a fool out of yourself.

MERCILOUS
You have volume 2 and Saga? Didn't I say it wasn't in either? And then you went to your comic shop and found another series that wasn't it so you you tried to use it as proof against me?

I'm Rick James BIATCH!

long pig
C'mon now.

MERCILOUS
Alright alright, so I'm not really Rick James.

Synchro
What the hell are you talking about? Are we still talking about ST and Presence or ST and the Voice? I was merely ASKING for proof if ST and and The Presence actually battled, I never went to my comic shop and proved that they never battled. Are you on crack? I even asked you on the SS vs ST thread where did you see ST and The Presence battled, because I have no idea about it.

The battle between The Voice and ST WAS the one that I went into my comic shop. And yes, sadly, I proved you wrong. You EXPLICITLY said that the battle is in v1, so I went to my comic shop to see if what your saying is true. But I havent seen the ST and Voice battle, I havent even seen The Voice in the whole series AT ALL. And again dont argue with me about ST v1 having a hundred issues because it has only 24 issues. Dont argue with the facts, because THAT is Swamp Thing Volume 1.

So yeah, if thats not proving you wrong, then I dont know what it is.

Lol!!Merc is mad lol!!!!

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Synchro
What the hell are you talking about? Are we still talking about ST and Presence or ST and the Voice? I was merely ASKING for proof if ST and and The Presence actually battled, I never went to my comic shop and proved that they never battled. Are you on crack? I even asked you on the SS vs ST thread where did you see ST and The Presence battled, because I have no idea about it.

The battle between The Voice and ST WAS the one that I went into my comic shop. And yes, sadly, I proved you wrong. You EXPLICITLY said that the battle is in v1, so I went to my comic shop to see if what your saying is true. But I havent seen the ST and Voice battle, I havent even seen The Voice in the whole series AT ALL. And again dont argue with me about ST v1 having a hundred issues because it has only 24 issues. Dont argue with the facts, because THAT is Swamp Thing Volume 1.

So yeah, if thats not proving you wrong, then I dont know what it is.

Lol!!Merc is mad lol!!!!

What you talking about Willis? Are Steven Tyler and the president actually Sally Tussle and the Boss? I was merely ASKING for soothe, if SS SG SO SU? Crack me am? I even juiced the juice with power of moose.

The battle of Storm Troopers and Val Kilmer was the comic shop I went in. And yes, badly, I proved you wrong. Your Explicit lyrics will cause an uproar! Straight to number 1. By my album. You're bound to sell more than 24 million copies! Unleasht the beast, shwop-ba-ba-lu-wop-a-wop-BANG-BOOM!

So yeah, if that's not probing you wrong, then I don't know what is?

(insert maniacal laughter here!!)Merc is a bad ass (and here!!)

Synchro
Hahahah!!!!!! That response only shows that you cant refute every argument of mine. That response only shows that I was right and you were wrong

LMFAO!!!! Ive proven you wrong 2 times and Ive proven your the clown 2 times.

Give it up Merc.

LOL!!! Merc is mad. lol!!!!!!!!

Mider
Synchro for your info Swampthing has defeated the most powerful mystics in DC guys who equal Dr Strange and others who dwarf Him so IMO you dont even know what the **** your taking about your so smart of course that you would think SS stalemates Swampthing when not even The Voice could beat Him, Swampthing also walked through Hell twice ive heard but once for sure stop arguing like a little punk already we all love comics in here its when people like you who come in here all stuck up and shit ruin it for all the other people in here.

Mider
And your a clown if you think that one of the most powerful mystical entities would only stalemate SS thats total fanboy crap even the vision lost to the Gardenor once so why wouldnt SS lose to someone even more powerful to the Gardenor who has the power primordial that can be used in anyway possible.

long pig
Dude, all three of you need to just let it go.
It doesn't even matter anymore.

MERCILOUS
Yeah, but I'm still right, I may have gotten the volum wrong sure, why not?

Synchro
Synchro for your info Swampthing has defeated the most powerful mystics in DC guys who equal Dr Strange and others who dwarf Him so IMO you dont even know what the **** your taking about your so smart of course that you would think SS stalemates Swampthing when not even The Voice could beat Him, Swampthing also walked through Hell twice ive heard but once for sure stop arguing like a little punk already we all love comics in here its when people like you who come in here all stuck up and shit ruin it for all the other people in here.

Yeah, keep lying to yourself. You and MERCILOUS cant provide me proof of ST really fighting The Voice. Do you really expect me to just believe you blindly like your some kind of God? Who the hell are you to just shove all this idea to everyone without providing atleast some kind of reference? Heck if thats what a comic community is, then I might as well just say that Superman has beaten Lucifer Morningstar before because I said so, or I have seen Wolverine stomp The Living Tribunal before. I dont need to provide proof of that, right?

So NO! Until both of you can provide me reference of ST battling The Voice, I will NEVER think for even a second that ST can even last a few seconds against The Voice.

And Im a total fanboy, Mider? why dont you look yourself at the mirror first before calling someone a total fanboy, better yet a total DC fanboy.

Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Yeah, but I'm still right, I may have gotten the volum wrong sure, why not?

And Im still waiting for that "volume".

illadelph12
laughing

So sad.

Mider
The Word was going to kill Swampthing in Swampthing #167 vol 3 happy? and what proof do you have? your dumb little insults and who are you that you need proof are you a comic book god that your opinion matters in here? Who gives a shit what you think this close ends and another one opens no ones gonna remeber your bullshit posts so cram it.

Mider
Oh and how am i a fanboy you think that a plant god is stalemated by Silver Surfer oh yeah thats really smart wonder how that works since Swampthing has walked through Hell Swampthing Graphic Novel vol 2 as well as Heaven Swamp Thing Graphic Novel vol 4 He tries to destroy all human life Swampthing: Bad Seed His powers are more then global He is a mistical entity He aint the first Swampthing He is part of a line of Swampthings He has gained total mastery over fire, air, wind, and water. Peaple think thats weak but they dont have a clue of how powerful that is how many forms of air fire and water and earth are there? His powers are possibly beyond limit to know that youd just have to read about Him witch i dont think you have.

MERCILOUS
Good show Mider, damn good show.

Synchro
The Word was going to kill Swampthing in Swampthing #167 vol 3 happy? and what proof do you have? your dumb little insults and who are you that you need proof are you a comic book god that your opinion matters in here? Who gives a shit what you think this close ends and another one opens no ones gonna remeber your bullshit posts so cram it.

LOL!!!!! We have another liar and another clown here folks. Swamp Thing Vol. 3 has over a HUNDRED issues?!?!?! Are you kidding me? ST Vol. 3 has ONLY 20 issues.

Again, here's proof(which you 2 cant seem to provide).

http://www.sequart.com/swampthingPOSTMOORE4.htm

http://www.dcuguide.com/ST/Title_Index.php

And I said The VOICE NOT The Word. You really dont know how to read dont you?lol!!!!

So yeah, saying all that, I dont read the Swamp Thing comics. LOL!!!

And who are me to need proof? well if thats what your trying to say, then I might as well ask also that same question to you and just about every poster in every comic book forum on the web.

Originally posted by Mider Oh and how am i a fanboy you think that a plant god is stalemated by Silver Surfer oh yeah thats really smart wonder how that works since Swampthing has walked through Hell Swampthing Graphic Novel vol 2 as well as Heaven Swamp Thing Graphic Novel vol 4 He tries to destroy all human life Swampthing: Bad Seed His powers are more then global He is a mistical entity He aint the first Swampthing He is part of a line of Swampthings He has gained total mastery over fire, air, wind, and water. Peaple think thats weak but they dont have a clue of how powerful that is how many forms of air fire and water and earth are there? His powers are possibly beyond limit to know that youd just have to read about Him witch i dont think you have.

Swamp Thing has walked through hell? Well Silver Surfer has walked through hell and even battled its ruler. So what are you talking about?

Swamp Thing has held off everyone on Earth, thats true. But SS has already battled beings on that caliber already. So what are you talking about?

Again, just because he has held off every superhero, mystics and bla, bla, bla, doesnt make him AUTOMATICALLY stronger than SS. Again, its not that linear. One SS fan said it best in the SS vs ST Thread(although I forgot who said it, sorry to that someone): SS's body is no longer ORGANIC. He's now only sustained by the Power Cosmic. Fire has no effect on him he'll just absorb it, so are the wind and water elements. ST's stone powers can be molecularly altered and even if he was hit by say, a huge rock or even a huge mountain he wont be affected because he has taken hits from planet busters before. Plant Elements I figure can contain him BUT it cant kill him. What do you expect it would do? Stab him? Eat him?

So you see. Its not all about ST's feats. His powers should also be counted here and how it would do specifically against another kind of power. I mean, I can say that ST will have an easier time against someone who's at SS level or even someone who's a bit stronger than SS. But when it comes SS himself he will have a more difficult time. That because of the structure of SS's powers. I figure it was made specifically to counter Elemental Powers.

Just because A>B and B>C, doesnt mean A>C.

Damn, I cant even believe Im actually arguing FOR SS. I always argued against him but now........ Damn.

Cosmic Cube
Oh and how am i a fanboy you think that a plant god is stalemated by Silver Surfer oh yeah thats really smart wonder how that works since Swampthing has walked through Hell Swampthing Graphic Novel vol 2 as well as Heaven Swamp Thing Graphic Novel vol 4 He tries to destroy all human life Swampthing: Bad Seed His powers are more then global He is a mistical entity He aint the first Swampthing He is part of a line of Swampthings He has gained total mastery over fire, air, wind, and water. Peaple think thats weak but they dont have a clue of how powerful that is how many forms of air fire and water and earth are there? His powers are possibly beyond limit to know that youd just have to read about Him witch i dont think you have.

Are plants really all that powerful?

Why is everyone judging Swamp Thing at his full potential? Is John Constantine in this fight too?

Mider
thats odd Syncrho since i remeber SS having to call Galactus just to get out of Mephesto's realm but now He can just traverse it and win in a fight and it was vol 2 Issue 147 were He meats The Word i dont know about The Voice but anyway I really dont think it makes sense that Swampthing could defeat DC earth and not Marvel earth when its said that the DCU has more powerful beings on it

MERCILOUS
People always misjudge the power of plants, It's because they judge it on what they can see. The green is the essence of life, Everything that lives does so because plants are there to sustain them. The green is the energy which sustains life, period.

Synchro
Yes, and thats why SS cant do anything to ST either.

Cosmic Cube, were not talking about someone like Franklin Richards who hasnt reached his full potential yet. Swamp Thing HAS already reached his full potential and remained at that potential ever since, so I think its logical to talk about ST at his full potential.

Mider, SS may have defeated Mephisto or not. But the fact that Surfer also walked through hell should negate the argument of ST walking througt hell, dont you think? And yes, I think that ST couldve done the same thing he did on DC onto Marvel Earth but were talking about SS here, and last time I checked SS isnt a being from Earth.

Mider
SS cant defeat the combined powers of earth not from what ive seen anyway He has trouble handling Thor also SS has trouble with the Elder Of The Universe known as The Gardenor does He not? Swampthings powers are far beyond the Gardenors.

Synchro
Yes, I didnt say that SS would defeat Earth(if SS and Earth heroes/villains, etc. had a fight that is), but I think he would give Earth so much trouble before going down. I think there will be a good amount of deaths on Earth before SS is subdued. Thats how strong SS is IMO. Plus add the reason I said in my previous post about why ST cant do anything to SS. Dont forget also that he can also just blow up Earth in the context that no one opposes him.

Dont know much about this Gardenor fella, you probably should ask the SS experts here instead of me about whether or not SS had trouble with him.

leonheartmm
SS, could not defeat marvel earth, he cant take on people like cable, franklin richards, thor, odin, the earth gods, hyperstorm, black bolt, mealstorm, sentry, dr strange, etc. not to memntion deamons like mephisto.

Arabian Knight
MMM....I'm rubbin' my bump.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by leonheartmm
SS, could not defeat marvel earth, he cant take on people like cable, franklin richards, thor, odin, the earth gods, hyperstorm, black bolt, mealstorm, sentry, dr strange, etc. not to memntion deamons like mephisto.
ss beat cable before what are you talking about.surfer can beat more then half the guys on your list

Beyonder
Odin in a stomping.

Odin: Now bring on my next b!tch!

The Word: Yes um, my lord.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.