Oscar Wilde

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bantache
Please say there are fans of his here!

Tumble weed makes it's way slowly, painfully so, across my field vision.

Seriously, though, if anybody has even attempted to read anything of his tell me. It is so hard to find people who have heard of him, let alone read his stuff with purpose.

shaber
What sort of portrait do you think my sig is? raver

Bantache
Well, it's got a dark theme.

Which is code for i have no idea.

shaber
It's like Dorian Grey's portrait! And you call youself a Wildehead roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bantache
well, yeah now i see it. What can i say? I'm slow. cool pic as well.

big gay kirk
As Wilde might have said... "When they said "brains," he thought they said "Trains," and asked for a slow one...."

MildPossession
Are you serious? dear god, how sad it is that people have not heard of the name.

Bantache
Deadly. i know about one person out of sixty who have heard of him, it's kinda depressing. And it is very sad.

lucija
i read Portrait of Dorian Grey (dont know the name of book in english exactly) and Lady ****ingham and i like oscar wilde very much..
it's funny that when we learned in school about him the teacher didnt mention Lady ****ingham and when i was reading it i realised why haha. does anyone read it?

shaber
The Picture of Dorian Grey

big gay kirk
" I love long walks.... especially when they are taken by people I dislike..."

mechmoggy
I read The Picture of Dorian Gray not so long back. My fave quote was from Lord Henry: "The man who calls a spade a spade should be compelled to use one, it is all he is fit for". (Or words to that effect)

shaber
He should call it an agricultural implement for the trituration of the soil.

Wickerman
I've been reading/re-reading De Profundis for years....it gets me all relaxed and....stuff.....

~wickerman~

Reckoning
Originally posted by Bantache
Deadly. i know about one person out of sixty who have heard of him, it's kinda depressing. And it is very sad.
And you're in England? That's shameful.

Wilde was a nutcase, but his writings are relevant for comtemporary society and will be for future generations.

Bantache
He was Irish, he was supposed to a nutcase.

DarthLazious
I am.

Whirlysplatt
Got love Oscar he was a perv wink

Laviera_j
lol, Importance of Being Earnest, his final work is hilarious! Yet simple....and totally farseish!

shaber
I have changed my sig now

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.