Parents NEVER believe you

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morbid4Daniel
Why is it that parents never believe you when you're telling the truth? I never understood that...never will either. My mom is suspicious over a can of butane in my bedroom, used for my fiance's butane lighter. Grr.

LifeIsKillingMe
that sux...but my mom thought breath mins were prescription pills! thats paranoid!

Bardock42
Actually my parents always belive me...I guess...I earned it...plus I don't have any butane in my room

Morbid4Daniel
Is that supposed to be...a brag or insult?

Fionnuala
generally butane in rooms is something to worry about...

Darth Mantis
I had never done nothing terrible... Except for that one time, and still they don't believe me.

Darth Mantis
Sometimes my brother acts like if I was beating him up and they side with him.furiousfuriousfurious

Morbid4Daniel
Not really considering I was trying to figure out a problem with my fiance's leaking butane lighter. I mean I know it looks odd and suspicious sitting in my room (I had forgotten all about it, its actually my brothers...he has a butane lighter and my parents have NEVER been suspicious over him), but anyway they never trust me. I could set my hair on fire, walk out screaming and say "MY HAIR IS ON FIRE.." and they wouldnt believe me. Mainly my Mum.
She could've walked in calm and said "What is this in your room for?". but instead she came in "WHAT IS THIS BUTANE DOING IN YOUR ROOM?" And I told her and she was like "I DONT THINK THAT'S WHAT ITS USED FOR"

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Darth Mantis
I had never done nothing terrible... Except for that one time, and still they don't believe me.

was that a deliberate double negative?

«–†hê¤Øñê–»
i hate my pasrent i want to kill them

Morbid4Daniel
Well I dont want to KILL Mine.Im not that harsh lol. They just annoy me sometime because they never believe me, or sstuff like that

Bardock42
Originally posted by Morbid4Daniel
Is that supposed to be...a brag or insult?

nope if I was insulting you you would be sure....well except if you were an idiot....which I doubt

Darth Mantis

Morbid4Daniel
wink Bardock

shaber
I know disgust I got blamed for everything eg the cat eating the goldfish my brother breaking the cat... to name a few while my brain is off its cogs.

GuitarBunny
when something goes wrong my parents ALWAYS question me first as if i did it

shaber
Mine always ASSUMED I did it! disgust

Lana
Usually if my mom suspects something about me, she's right....but she usually believes me.

GuitarBunny
Originally posted by shaber
Mine always ASSUMED I did it! disgust

u and i both wink

shaber
No joke, it was very frustrating. If I'd had the strength I would have gone on a rampage.

Pandemoniac
The fact is, your parents have behaved in a sort of similar way as you during their youth, they had their disastrous actions too!
As they grew mature and came to understand responsibilities, and the general 'Actions and consequences' thing as learned from their mistakes.
Parents seem to view their child's life as a rehearsal of their own, and easily put dramatic endings to certain events or behaviours, because they did just the same! And they too sometimes messed up. They are just afraid you will repeat their mistakes.
It mostly is over exaggerated, but to pay attention because at some points your parents are just saying to you what you would like to say to yourself now if you were able to go back in time and warn yourself. Getting this?

GuitarBunny
no sh!t
my parents were worst
and now their life is hell

Pandemoniac
How is that exactly?

Morbid4Daniel
True shaber

§P0oONY
my parents are not to bad on me,

for instance... i went to this party thing at this extremely dusty place, in the morning i was coughing like crazy, me parents asked me if i had been smoking, i explained and they believed me (i hadn't been smoking)

GuitarBunny
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
How is that exactly?

do i really have to explain? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Morbid4Daniel
Ah. Well Im pretty sure she was suspicious that I was smoking too. I would never though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

GuitarBunny
Ah. Well Im pretty sure she was suspicious that I was smoking too. I would never though. roll eyes (sarcastic)

right... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Morbid4Daniel
What?

§P0oONY
I'm never going to smoke, i can't see anything appealing about it

GuitarBunny

Morbid4Daniel
Neither am I. But what was that comment above for, GB?

GuitarBunny
Neither am I. But what was that comment above for, GB?

oh nothing
i just like to mess with peoples minds
sry embarrasment

sal9000
It's cause _standard teenagers_ are nothing more than a bunch of criminal jerks and parents _know_ that ;o)

stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Parents do have a knack for telling when somethings up.

However if mine randomly think something's wrong and there's not, they believe me when I say it.

-AC

Coldfire
My parents would prolly believe me.... dunno.... haven't really tested my limits yet

BackFire
Because kids usually AREN'T telling the truth.

Coldfire
And why do you say that?? I know a ton of kids that tell the truth

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Coldfire
And why do you say that?? I know a ton of kids that tell the truth

Not me, most little brats are just that, brats. stick out tongue

Coldfire
Depends on how old these "kids" are, I think. Are the ones you know like under 13 by any chance??

TheAnimal
:: blasts will smith's parents just dont understand::

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Coldfire
Depends on how old these "kids" are, I think. Are the ones you know like under 13 by any chance??

Older

Coldfire
pffft well just cuz some teens don't tell the truth, doesn't me we all don't.

ladygrim
my PArents dont blieve a thing i say EVER ...it does my head in

They think ur up to something so u expain wot ur doing and why and they blank u so i tell im not going to bother expaining again and u get ur head bitin off for stubborn 'apparntly'

Morbid4Daniel
Originally posted by BackFire
Because kids usually AREN'T telling the truth.

Most arent. But I am. I hate lying. Im a good girl. *Angel wings*

Jackie Malfoy
Why is it that parents never believe you when you're telling the truth? I never understood that...never will either. My mom is suspicious over a can of butane in my bedroom, used for my fiance's butane lighter. Grr.

I think it is a parent thing.My dad always believes me but my mom an d stepdad never trusts me and does not believe me when I am telling the truth at all.JM mad

Morbid4Daniel
Ditto. Its always the mom. lol

Jackie Malfoy
Yea I know it is.I wonder why?jm

misha
both of my parents never believe/trust me erm

Morbid4Daniel
Have no idea, JM.
Yeah, misha. But my dad's mostly the protective one. Meh.

misha
you think you know protective ... come live with my folks for 5 mins roll eyes (sarcastic)

... i mean i understand how parents want to protect their children...but some (like mine) go too far erm

Morbid4Daniel
So do mine...really really far!

Bardock42
Yea well...my parents are cool...they leave me alone....mostly.....probably because I rock so much yes

Morbid4Daniel
Lol. Maybe wink

misha
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yea well...my parents are cool...they leave me alone....mostly.....probably because I rock so much yes
thats so unfair cry

Kiu Dun
My parent's believe me when I lie, but when I tell the truth they don't.

Morbid4Daniel
That's basically what the same here, Kiu. But I never really lie unless I have to embarrasment heehee. So basically Im ALWAYS accused of not telling the truth

Alpha Centauri
My parents tried feeding me that BS "It's not you we don't trust...".

-AC

Morbid4Daniel
Omg my parents do too! I think they all do, really. *Sigh*

Filth
My farther thinks I am on drugs but hell who cares....

Morbid4Daniel
Hahahah, Im naturally a retard, they know im not on drugs. Im high on life (Rarely..)

Filth
Hahahah, Im naturally a retard, they know im not on drugs. Im high on life (Rarely..)

Its rather annoying, they keep subconsiously feeding me the drugs are bad bull s*it, and my brother says they think i'm on drugs....

Morbid4Daniel
Yeah. My friend brought pot to school one day, which was really stupid because you know you're going to get caught, even if you dont tell that many people. (I wasnt the one to tell on him). His mother found out and cried because he got suspended. It was rather funny.
Ah, so do you think they'll ever get off your case?

Fionnuala
i'm a good girl..my parents believe what i say angel

The Ones
my parents never believe anything i say. so i use reverse psycholgy. if i want something. i just go "i dont need that" and my parents just get it.

Filth
Yeah. My friend brought pot to school one day, which was really stupid because you know you're going to get caught, even if you dont tell that many people. (I wasnt the one to tell on him). His mother found out and cried because he got suspended. It was rather funny.
Ah, so do you think they'll ever get off your case?

no, they are generally suspicious of me, with good reason I guess...

Morbid4Daniel
Lol.
Mine are too. Im sure they discuss, among themselves, things that I would call far fetched.

Filth
Lol.
Mine are too. Im sure they discuss, among themselves, things that I would call far fetched.

I have heard my perents talking about me, and how I act weird....

Morbid4Daniel
Yeah. When I suspect they're talking about me I usually barge right in, put my hands on my hips, act dramatic and ask them what they're saying about me lol. My mom calls me psycho to my face. I call it normal being this way.

Filth
Yeah. When I suspect they're talking about me I usually barge right in, put my hands on my hips, act dramatic and ask them what they're saying about me lol. My mom calls me psycho to my face. I call it normal being this way.

My perents call me creepy, weird, strange and other stuff, they piss me of most the time thats why I am gonna move out soon...

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Filth
no, they are generally suspicious of me, with good reason I guess...

they used to be lke that with my brother..then he took some dodgy speed and had a heart attack...that went down well...so things were bad for a while..they were suspicous of everything..

Morbid4Daniel
I get those names too. smile
Thats good, Im only friggen 16 so moving out isnt any issue...nor is imancipation because I probably wouldnt take good care of myself alone..so im stuck here for a few more years smile

Filth
Originally posted by Fionnuala
they used to be lke that with my brother..then he took some dodgy speed and had a heart attack...that went down well...so things were bad for a while..they were suspicous of everything..

I am so sorry, that sounds bad. I guess its why my perents are like that with me to stop something like that happening.

And I am only 17 but want to move out...

Fionnuala
Originally posted by Filth
I am so sorry, that sounds bad. I guess its why my perents are like that with me to stop something like that happening.

And I am only 17 but want to move out...

thanks..it was pretty bad..his own dumb fault though for taking that shit..
yeah..i guess in the end they just want to protect you..

good luck with it...i hope you manage to do it if it's what you really want..smile

Filth
Originally posted by Fionnuala
thanks..it was pretty bad..his own dumb fault though for taking that shit..
yeah..i guess in the end they just want to protect you..

good luck with it...i hope you manage to do it if it's what you really want..smile

I guess thats right, just somethimes there over protective.

Thanks, can't wait to see there face when I tell them I'm moving out, got to find somewere to saty first though.

Morbid4Daniel
Sorry bout that Fionnuala. That sux.
Ah..Id do everything in my power but I have no job or anything :-/

Filth
Sorry bout that Fionnuala. That sux.
Ah..Id do everything in my power but I have no job or anything :-/

Nor I but still I can't take there suspicion much longer, so I am trying to move.

Morbid4Daniel
Hope it works for ya! Id like to at least own my own apartment in a few years, just to settle out my future and stuff.

Filth
Yeah me and a friend are trying to get a flat.

Morbid4Daniel
Nice! I was thinking of if I get a job, a certain percentage of that will go in on an apartment and the rest will be for whatever I need, ya know. I guess I've just planned it out, hoping it will someday work out.

Jedi_KnightAlly
My mum's a class act, always really kind and forgiving to me big grin
My dad however is devoid of emotion, nothing against him, but he can't understand a lot of things i do, like anything to help ppl, or stuff. Thatsmy only real parental probs lol, fights over him saying i shldn't do something lol.

Filth
Nice! I was thinking of if I get a job, a certain percentage of that will go in on an apartment and the rest will be for whatever I need, ya know. I guess I've just planned it out, hoping it will someday work out.

Yeah thats what I tried.... then forgot the idea thinking its never gonna happen, and now I'm thinking f**k it i'll make it happen, for once I am being positive...

Morbid4Daniel
That's a parent for ya, Jedi. Sorry to hear it stick out tongue
Wow Filth, You and I are on the same mind track. Speaking of that, my Mom is kind of always shooting me down. She thinks Ill never make anything out of life. For instance there was this kickass car ridin through town and I said "Someday Ill have a car like that" and she said "Yea Right!" I HATE it when parents cut me down like that...Ill fulfull my dream if I really really want to!

Filth
That's a parent for ya, Jedi. Sorry to hear it stick out tongue
Wow Filth, You and I are on the same mind track. Speaking of that, my Mom is kind of always shooting me down. She thinks Ill never make anything out of life. For instance there was this kickass car ridin through town and I said "Someday Ill have a car like that" and she said "Yea Right!" I HATE it when parents cut me down like that...Ill fulfull my dream if I really really want to!

Well usaly I dont bother trying as i know i will fail, but i know i can do this so i will.

Jedi_KnightAlly
lol My dad does that, Or says "What would you want that for" lol, Just think along these lines.... "you were born in the 60's, the f*ck do u know?"
Or use these handy phrase's....
"Yeah?"
"Do you really think so?"
"oh right..."
Lol, Question them without insulting them, that'll get them good and wond up lol.

Filth
yeah i guess thats the way it is......

Morbid4Daniel
Yeah. im pretty much a failure with or without good confidence heh.

Jedi_KnightAlly
I'm sure your not a failure, you'll just be going through a difficult patch with the parentals.

Morbid4Daniel
Yeah...

Mandos
I myself is going throught a diificult time with my parents

Filth
My perents are a dificult time more like....

Morbid4Daniel
Why so?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.