Best Star Wars Film

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Vader05
Which Star Wars film is the best? My personal favorite is Return Of The Jedi.

astrofan428
You are a little early, arent you?

But I will put in my vote as it stands today.

LightSaber_Part
I'd have to say ANH yes

Batman316
OMFG, FFS (and all those other little abusive abbreviations)

It's amazing what some people will create simply to have their name at the beginning of a thread......

I wish I was that creative I could think of a poll like this..... though if I recall correctly this is only the forth or fifth incarnation of it.....

I can't be bothered giving this poll a vote so instead I will simply whinge and whine and carry on in a very unsuperhero type way....

miffed oh yeah miffed is the correct simlie.......

SW3HP4IJ4
Hmmm....I'll say Episode II simply because I've watched it so much that I've memorized most of the movie.

astrofan428
Good to see E2 get props.

ShotgunWes
I'm gonna put my faith in Mr. Lucas and say RotS.
Why does everyone on these boards constantly whine about other people's posts? You don't even have to click on it to read it, just point to the title on the main page. An yet you insist upon clicking on it anyway just to go on a tirade about how sick you are of the same posts being repeated. New people join these forums everyday and they probably don't even know better. Your preaching is just as annoying if not more annoying than the repeated post. Let the mods do theor jobs. Geez... wacko

Darth_Vader05
Well for one im not new and for 2 i got board and for 3 my threads always get close so i hope this one stays up.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Batman316
OMFG, FFS (and all those other little abusive abbreviations)

It's amazing what some people will create simply to have their name at the beginning of a thread......

I wish I was that creative I could think of a poll like this..... though if I recall correctly this is only the forth or fifth incarnation of it.....

WORD!

Batman316
hey I'm allowed to whine and go on the occasional rant :P

I don't think I've done that often enough of late. But seriously ShotgunWes where is the logic of this thread? it will be horribly inaccurate if we all see ROTS and it rock our world. Yet it could just fizzle and become rubbish in which case your vote will be null and void.

This thread should be started a few days after the movie is released... since it's only going to be restarted by someone who decides to post a "Best Movie of the PT" thread, then a week later someone who can't find the search button will the the totally original idea of......

ohhhh a poll to see which movie people consider the best of the entire series.

thanks for your time

love

Batman

ShotgunWes
My apologies Batman316 I didn't realize this idiot has been a member for almost a year already. I thought he/she/it was a noob or something.

TheForceSupreme
It's weird to include a movie in a poll that 99.9999 % of the people on earth haven't seen yet. And what's worse...the same amount of fans haven't either.

EHmasterJedi
LOL ROTS is tied for first and shouldnt even be on the list roll eyes (sarcastic), and OMG please guys E2 is ridiculously bad if you like that why do you even like SWs its nothing like any of the others confused

macgeek2005
Originally posted by Darth_Vader05

NOOOOOOOOOO. WHY??? couldn't you have waited until ROTS is out?

99% of all voters that DIDN'T vote for it WILL vote for it in 11 days.

In 11 days, all the votes will be incorrect, cause 95% of people will want to change they're mind, and they won't be able too, and we'll have to start ANOTHER one of these threads.

astrofan428
Originally posted by macgeek2005
NOOOOOOOOOO. WHY??? couldn't you have waited until ROTS is out?

99% of all voters that DIDN'T vote for it WILL vote for it in 11 days.

In 11 days, all the votes will be incorrect, cause 95% of people will want to change they're mind, and they won't be able too, and we'll have to start ANOTHER one of these threads.

I knew you would do that eventually.

LandoSpeeder2
Originally posted by EHmasterJedi
LOL ROTS is tied for first and shouldnt even be on the list roll eyes (sarcastic), and OMG please guys E2 is ridiculously bad if you like that why do you even like SWs its nothing like any of the others confused Then I guess you will hate E3. I for one love E2, not sure if it is my second or third avorite. I'll figure it out once ROTS comes out.

astrofan428
I love E2, always have. It ranks 3rd for me, ESB is 1st.

DeVi| D0do
How can 7 people have voted for ROTS already?

surely not that many of us have seen it yet...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Batman316
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do

roll eyes (sarcastic)

*motions to previous rants mad

astrofan428

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mac may have voted 6 times.

Yes I know he cant, but he would if he could.

macgeek2005

roll eyes (sarcastic)

um........

YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A ****ING GENIUS TO FIGURE OUT IT'S THE BEST. mad mad

astrofan428
um........

You do have to be ****ing stupid to be that ****ing overconfident. And an incredible ******* to insult people because they dont think the movie they have never seen is the greatest movie ever. mad mad mad

DeVi| D0do
You're ignorance and arrogance never ceases to astound me macgeek.

Batman316
um........

Just for that I'm voting for ESB you idiot. :P

astrofan428

TheAnimal
O.T wise E.S.B Hands Down. but R.O.T.S is making me think that esb will fall from #1 to #2

macgeek2005
smart person.

ArynCrinn
I don't really have a favourite...I like them all the same. I don't care about how bad someones acting was in one or how annoying someone was in another, because they all have their share of stuff.

smoker4
um........

doctor

Grand Moff Gav
i like them all they all have there own good bits

Texansfan05
I voted for episode 2 but it was a tossup between ep 2 and ep 5

Batman316
Originally posted by smoker4
doctor

ain't that the truth

[PLOP]anakin
it is funny that nobody votes on episode 1.
If their is a vote for it I think it is Jar Jar Binks himself. big grin

Grand Moff Gav
he voted just now it seems

DarthLazious
Ask me after May 19th ok?

Alliance
Here's my current list.
ESB
AOTC
ROTJ
TPM
ANH

I guess ANH just never really clicked with me. Im thinking ROTS will be better than AOTC, but im not shure it'll beat ESB. but hey who knows.

macgeek2005
OKAY!!!!! Who the **** voted for TPM???????

jedi2187
What's wrong with TPM?
The role of Watto was the most coveted role of 1999.

Grand Moff Gav
OKAY!!!!! Who the **** voted for TPM???????

me i feel so dirty

DeVi| D0do
TPM is better than AOTC in my opinion.

kiadimundijedi
Hey I think I will vote for ROTS... I havent seen it but hey im sure it is the best... what a stupid premature thread... Im sure you are the type who digs quickie sex all the time too... Why read the story when you can go straight to the finish... you are too cool

yodafan
I think ep3 WILL be the best star wars movie ever. But if it isn't I'll go with ROTJ.

Grand Moff Gav
ROTS could be a flop for all we know sure the clips are good but perhaps it will lack the "magic" that other films have who knows

astrofan428
Originally posted by yodafan
I think ep3 WILL be the best star wars movie ever. But if it isn't I'll go with ROTJ.

Really? Even with all those carebears running around?

star22
Return of the Jedi followed by Revenge of the Sith

Grand Moff Gav
ian mcdarmid will steal the show apparently

star22
I know. I can't wait. I love him to bits. He is probably my favorite actor. Sad that he is in so few moview.

astrofan428
Originally posted by star22
I know. I can't wait. I love him to bits. He is probably my favorite actor. Sad that he is in so few moview.

I noticed he is a version of Annie, my sister had it on.

star22
Which version and what part? I only have the original version.

astrofan428
Originally posted by star22
Which version and what part? I only have the original version.

It is a version that came out in the mid 90's, it has Joan Collins in it. I think he has a pretty decent part.

I only caught a glimpse of him, then I looked at the opening credits and found out it was him.

star22
Okay. Now I have to go find it and buy it.

Lord Yoda
no affence but return of the jedi was the worst star wars movie.

Texansfan05
Originally posted by astrofan428
Really? Even with all those carebears running around?

laughing laughing laughing

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by Lord Yoda

for what reasons?

astrofan428
I dont like taking one of five great movies and calling it the worst. Worst generaly means bad. So to say ROTJ or TPM(or in one case ANH?) is the worst SW movie isnt the right way to say.

star22
I definately have to disagree that ROTJ is the worst. I think that it is the best. I love good endings, and it definately has a good one.

Lord Yoda
i didnt mean it was a bad movie, i just think the others are better

Grand Moff Gav

thank god someone said something bad about star wars i mean no offence but some people take the films to seriously and Lord Yoda will probably be attacked in the streets by super geeks but something had to be said oh and i liked ROTJ

jedi2187
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
thank god someone said something bad about star wars i mean no offence but some people take the films to seriously and Lord Yoda will probably be attacked in the streets by super geeks but something had to be said oh and i liked ROTJ

If you wanna see fans take things too seriously with their fave franchise, rent 'Trekkies'.

Brrrrr messed

Grand Moff Gav
oh i saw that there was the women who went to work dressed up as a star trek officer and had people call her commander chilling

Lazerlike42
that is so cool cool

Grand Moff Gav
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
.........mum

chinabing
Star Wars Oscar Poll: Best Picture

(Thanks to the search, I didn't have to create a new poll.)

It's tough because I love 'em all. But if I were stranded on a deserted island with only a dvd viewer and a solar power converter, and I could onl pick one movie, I'd pick Ep. IV.

Jedi Priestess
Holy cow how the HELL is ROTS beating Empire?

Scarecrow756
The best Star Wars film IMO is Empire Strikes Back followed by Revenge of the Sith.

Jedi Priestess
This poll needs to be remade. The current one had a ton of just-got-back-from-seeing-ROTS fanboys voting.

chinabing
No, if I made a new poll, I'd get harrassed for making a new poll! I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

roughrider
I'm a fan of the whole saga, and they all contribute something. If I made a list, it would go like this:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. Revenge Of The Sith
3. Return Of The Jedi
4. A New Hope
5. Attack Of The Clones
6. The Phantom Menace

3 and 4 are practically a tie.

Sith Master X
Well I'll be extremely honest with you guys. In my opinion, there's nothing to hot about the first half of ESB. I seriously end up skipping through most of it because it bores the hell out of me. The second half however, is truely cinema gold.

To me, ROTS was entertaining from start to finish, so hands down, Episode 3 gets my vote without any hesitation.

Hello Friend
How the hell is ROTS beating the prequels? All 30 of you deserve a bullet to the head/

Jedi Priestess
Sweetheart ROTS is a prequel. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sith Master X
Originally posted by Hello Friend
How the hell is ROTS beating the prequels? All 30 of you deserve a bullet to the head/

If you can't learn to respect other people's opinions, I'd say you're the one that deserves the bullet to the head.

Mišt
Mine are :

1. .

2. AOTC.

sithsaber408

Stun
A New Hope - 6 lousy votes??erm

J.M FcThumbs-Up
1. ESB
2. ANH
3. ROTS
4. ROTJ
5. AOTC
6. TPM

waving my hand.......ANH should really get more votes!!!!>>>(jedi mind trick)

Lord Mader
E5 pwns.

Alliance
1. ESB
1.5 ROTS
2. ANH
3. AOTC
4. TPM
5. ROTJ

roughrider
People who think the first half of Empire isn't so hot - you don't like all the stuff on Hoth and the Asteroid Field?? Come on.

Stun
the Asteroid Field is one of the best scenes of the entire saga - the music is top notch toocool

Alliance
And nothing is better than the shot of the Executor arriving at Hoth and the f*ing rebs getting blasted by ATATs

Tangible God
Classic moment.

J.M FcThumbs-Up

Eleonora
Originally posted by Darth_Vader05

Ditto smile
Except sometimes Ian McDiarmid and James Earl Jones were a little over the top, I thought Ian was so much better in ROTS, whereas I think the film in which Darthy is most memorable is TESB.

Darth Subjekt
I have to say its a toss up...I love empire, but Jedi has the Emperor...if Sith wasn't so ...."rushed" like they tried to fit too much into it, that would be a top contender too. But I would have to say ESB. For some reason these days, i find myself skipping through the whole Jabba's palace thing in ROTJ...So ESB it is!

chinabing
Strange when they redid the OT for the DVDs they didn't somehow incorporate the imperial march into A New Hope into some background death star music somewhere.

Cascador
I have a dillema between Empire and Sith...but I chose for Sith. I can't make out which one is better...Let's just say Sith was the best of the prequels and Empire was the best of the Originals.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Cascador
I have a dillema between Empire and Sith...but I chose for Sith. I can't make out which one is better...Let's just say Sith was the best of the prequels and Empire was the best of the Originals. In a nutshell.

EPIIIBITES
I can't say I know how to really answer this question!

If I had to say what the best SW film ever made is? It's The Empire Strikes Back. Anyone who knows anything about film would know that.

If I had to choose one SW movie I could take with me on a desert island? Attack of the Clones. Bad movie, but hey, I love it. Probably seen it more (though not in it's entirety) than any of the other ones.

chinabing
AotC is not a bad movie. But true, tough question. Which SW movie would I pick if stranded on a desert island, (with a portable DVD player and solar panel array to power it)? Probably ANH.

Sith Master X
Hmm, a SW movie that I could take on a desert island. This would be a real tough one for me. It'd be between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

In alot of ways, ROTS is my favorite film, and in alot of ways, so isn't AOTC. I loved the side mission Obi-Wan had in Episode II 1000 times better than his voyage to Utapau in Episode III. Really, Kenobi's trip to Kamino, his battle with Jango, and the Astroid field was pretty good stuff. I didn't hate Utapau, but it was my least favorite thing about Episode III. Wasn't as engaging as his quest in AOTC. The stuff on Geonosis was great, and I enjoyed the love plot between Anakin and Padme.

ROTS benefits from the improved Lightsaber fights, georgous looking environements, and a plot that feels closer to that of the originals. Plus, we get the Emperor and Darth Vader.

But in conclusion, my vote, for taking a film with me on a desert Island ultimately would have to go Attack of the Clones. I know that film better than any of the other ones because I watched it so many times. I think Episode 3 is a little better, but Attack of the Clones was the film that inspired me to really do blue screen/green screen movies.

JaehSkywalker
ALL... ALL... ALL...

WrathfulDwarf
Oh dear heavens....ROTS above A New Hope...never would I thought to see the day. messed

Captain REX
For those of you that are putting ROTS above the OT...

*SLAP*

Bespin Bart
Viva la Empire! w00t

General Zink
Originally posted by Bespin Bart
Viva la Empire! w00t

Lana
ESB.

Duh.

Alkaselzer
Watch, the ROTS gang will retaliate by finding their own possy to vote for ROTS.

Good thing Rex has a possy...

Mr Parker
This is really really sad that so many people could possibly have voted as many votes for sith as they have for Empire.Lucas is a sellout with his new trilogy and a sellout to not include a young han solo in the film.I also find it really sad that there are as many votes for e2 as there are for the original a new hope and whats worse that sith is really beating a new hope by such a wide margin.The lack of taste by people.yuck. sick

Mr Parker

It sure was.return of the sith was also crap compared to a new hope and empire strikes back.

Captain REX
Yeeeah, *stabs whoever just voted for ROTS*

ESB is better than any PT movie, just accept it.

Tangible God
Listen to REX, dearies.

Captain REX
Damn straight. raver

sithsaber408
I won't argure it, .... it's the truth!!!

But, IMO, EP3 was really good. I put it tied with first. (edge: EMPIRE)

Then ANH would be second I guess.

Third, TPM... fourth Clones, Last: JEDI.

I don't even watch it until the part where Luke surrenders to Vader most of the time now..... big grin

Sith Master X
Originally posted by Captain REX
Yeeeah, *stabs whoever just voted for ROTS*

ESB is better than any PT movie, just accept it.

Here's my opinion. I think first half of Empire Strike's Back is extremely boring.

I like ROTS better, and I like Attack of the Clones better. I have no shame in admitting I enjoy the prequels better than the OT.

Captain REX
Then I take away your opinion. stick out tongue

You can't have one any more...

Why is it that the first half of ESB bores you? The Battle of Hoth doesn't have enough explosions?

Sith Master X
I don't know why really. (It's never good to not support your answer I know. lol) But it just doesn't excite me all that much. The second half however, is another story. It's pure cinema gold.

I just seemed to enjoy the Episodes 2 and 3 more.

preysin
DAMN YOU IDIOTS! mad

ESB was only good for darth vader to tell luke hes his father. THATS IT!
the real movie to be best is ROTS!@
the film hasbetter vituals and better effects than anyother previos starwars film

the old trilogy is lame an outdated the new triology is what the fans realy want and that was to see anakin before and after he fall to the dark side.

this is the best order

ROTS
AOTC
TPM
ESB
ANH
ROTJ

there is noting more to say. ROTS IS THE BEST STAR WARSFILM EVER!!! stupid cluless noobs.

EPIIIBITES
Wow!

Lana
Dude, you need to get your head checked.

The real fans want the PT? Erm, from what I've noticed, that's not the truth, and it's the hardcore fans who've given the PT the most criticism.

Visuals and effects do not make a movie great. They're just pretty things to distract everyone from the poor storytelling and directing.

The OT is not outdated. Rather, Lucas couldn't be bothered to make sure the PT matched the OT, hence the plotholes and such. The OT was first, therefore it's the PT that's off.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are one of those people who think they should redo the OT to match the PT.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by preysin
DAMN YOU IDIOTS! mad

ESB was only good for darth vader to tell luke hes his father. THATS IT!
the real movie to be best is ROTS!@
the film hasbetter vituals and better effects than anyother previos starwars film

the old trilogy is lame an outdated the new triology is what the fans realy want and that was to see anakin before and after he fall to the dark side.

this is the best order

ROTS
AOTC
TPM
ESB
ANH
ROTJ

there is noting more to say. ROTS IS THE BEST STAR WARSFILM EVER!!! stupid cluless noobs.

You're a goddamned moron.

ROTS was mediocre. Of course I like it, but it fails in comparison to all of the OT, including ROTJ. Anakins fall was unbelieveably fast. The PT had a terrible story and the only saving grace were the visuals which Lucas and Co. love to talk about while jerking eachother off.

The OT had substance. The PT has pretty flashing lights.

The only PT element I would have liked to see in the OT is the lightsaber duels. The OT needed NO CGI added to it. I hate the SE's but I got the DVD's anyway since Lucas is too stupid to release the OT originals.

preysin
Originally posted by Lana
Dude, you need to get your head checked.

The real fans want the PT? Erm, from what I've noticed, that's not the truth, and it's the hardcore fans who've given the PT the most criticism.

Visuals and effects do not make a movie great. They're just pretty things to distract everyone from the poor storytelling and directing.

The OT is not outdated. Rather, Lucas couldn't be bothered to make sure the PT matched the OT, hence the plotholes and such. The OT was first, therefore it's the PT that's off.

I wouldn't be surprised if you are one of those people who think they should redo the OT to match the PT.

it IS outdated!!!

were where you when Lucas fixed the OT in 1997?????? thats right1 tell me again they werent outdated.

without the visuals there is noway to have a star wars movie. period.

are you sure you know what you talkin about? i dont think so.

preysin
Originally posted by LanceWindu
You're a goddamned moron.

ROTS was mediocre. Of course I like it, but it fails in comparison to all of the OT, including ROTJ. Anakins fall was unbelieveably fast. The PT had a terrible story and the only saving grace were the visuals which Lucas and Co. love to talk about while jerking eachother off.

The OT had substance. The PT has pretty flashing lights.

The only PT element I would have liked to see in the OT is the lightsaber duels. The OT needed NO CGI added to it. I hate the SE's but I got the DVD's anyway since Lucas is too stupid to release the OT originals.

YOU SAID YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAMNIT THE LIGHTSABERS DUELS WERE BETTER!!!!

BETTER!!!!
BETTER!!!!

ROTS is better than the OT
you do know what better means right?

i rest my case.

EPIIIBITES
Silly me. Maybe those old movies DO suck...because effects then truly weren't as good as they are now. Plus they had all those other failings like good plots, charaters with depth and development, decent dialogue, good pacing, and solid directing that just make them "lame".

Good thing the new trilogy doesn't have a lot of that in it or it would suck!

...wait a minute..."WATSUA MEESA SAYING!!!" -my point exactly.

Lana
it IS outdated!!!

were where you when Lucas fixed the OT in 1997?????? thats right1 tell me again they werent outdated.

without the visuals there is noway to have a star wars movie. period.

are you sure you know what you talkin about? i dont think so.

I hated the SEs. Stuff got changed and added that shouldn't have been. Have you ever seen the theatrical releases as opposed to the 97 SEs? Somehow I doubt it.

Obviously you CAN have a SW movie without super-cool visuals. The OT was about the story, not all the pretty flashy computer stuff they could do. And it was far better because of it. Believe it or not, but plot, character development, depth, etc. are FAR more important than cool effects. And this is coming from someone who's got ADHD and the attention span of a goldfish.

Am I sure I know what I'm talking about? Of course I am. I first saw the OT at the age of 10. I've seen all six movies over 30 times each, ROTS being the exception with about 10 viewings because it's the newest. I do believe I know what I'm talking about.

YOU SAID YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAMNIT THE LIGHTSABERS DUELS WERE BETTER!!!!

BETTER!!!!
BETTER!!!!

ROTS is better than the OT
you do know what better means right?

i rest my case.

Contrary to what you may think, the duels, while being cool, are not the most important part of the movies.

And remember the difference between the OT and PT. As Lucas himself said, the PT showed the Jedi at their golden age, while the OT had an old man, a cripple in a suit, a barely trained apprentice, and an ancient midget. The duels aren't supposed to be all jumpy and flashy, and if they were it would have absolutely destroyed the believability of it.

preysin
this is STUPID i made my ****en point and you just dont get it. you call yourself real fans because you saw the OT and
you liked. i happen to watch all of them. and i know that star war was imconplete without the fall of anakin. if you dont understand that then call dont yourselfs starwars fans. star wars neede ROTS. period!

THE END

AstroFan
THE END

He says that, but I know he wont stop talking. erm

Lana
this is STUPID i made my ****en point and you just dont get it. you call yourself real fans because you saw the OT and
you liked. i happen to watch all of them. and i know that star war was imconplete without the fall of anakin. if you dont understand that then call yourselfs starwars fans. star wars neede ROTS. period!

THE END

Which is why it existed for so long without it, right?

The PT can't stand on it's own, as it's only an intro to a story.

The OT can.

Originally posted by AstroFan

Most likely.

preysin

shut up and i will shut up. fake fan mad

there im done here.

EPIIIBITES
Guys...no point, really.

I mean.......REALLY, really.

Switch the topic shall we...

...Last SW movie you'd wanna watch before you die...

LanceWindu
Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
Guys...no point, really.

I mean.......REALLY, really.

Switch the topic shall we...

...Last SW movie you'd wanna watch before you die...

ROTJ...might as well go out with the end.

AstroFan
Originally posted by LanceWindu
ROTJ...might as well go out with the end.

And that will be what kills you.

Lana
And that will be what kills you.

laughing out loud I personally gotta say ROTJ is my least favorite of the saga. Such a weak ending erm

Fox5
laughing out loud I personally gotta say ROTJ is my least favorite of the saga. Such a weak ending erm I always thought TPM sucked considering how kiddy it was erm,

AstroFan
laughing out loud I personally gotta say ROTJ is my least favorite of the saga. Such a weak ending erm

Aside from the scenes with Luke and the Sith, the whole thing was awful. erm

EPIIIBITES
Think it'd be Star Wars for me before I go. It's the anchor!

I think it can stand on it's own more than any other film...yet there is more attacthed to it from before and after than any other film too.

Solid.

Lana
Originally posted by Fox5
I always thought TPM sucked considering how kiddy it was erm,

TPM did suck, but I found ROTJ to be such a let-down.

Those damned Ewoks didn't help matters stick out tongue it's like they decided they needed to make that one all kiddy to end...part of the reason I love ESB so much is because of how dark it is though the movie.

Aside from the scenes with Luke and the Sith, the whole thing was awful. erm

Agreed. The Luke vs. Vader and the Emperor was good, but the rest was just.....erm

Captain REX
Yay! It's another 'true fan' debate with Preysin!

Well, this true fan right here says that he's going to beat you into submission, chain you in the corner, and not feed you for a week, like I had to tell you LAST year, when ROTS came out.

The Prequel Trilogy is just all for show and adding interesting but unneeded background to the Original Trilogy.

The Original Trilogy is the real story, here. Everything in the PT is not important; it only explains why things are the way they are in the OT. In the OT, the end of the Sith is shown, the rebirth of the Jedi, the end of tyranny, so on and so forth.

The PT is about things getting worse...and worse...and worse.

EPIIIBITES is my new hero and gets to go into my quotes...

Fox5
True ,ESB kicked ass.Wouldve been cooler if they didn't delete some of the scenes in it though.I agree,the Ewoks were kind of kiddy,but that was the best they could do,remember,originally Wookies were supposed to be there, but that wouldve cost too much,so they used the next best thing.

Captain REX
They usually cut scenes for a reason, such as bogging down plot or adding extra unneeded stuff. yes

Fox5
They usually cut scenes for a reason, such as bogging down plot or adding extra unneeded stuff. yes True,but hopefully if they release a PT and OT box set they can include all the cut scenes that they filmed,I saw some of the pics and bios about the cut scenes from each move,pretty interesting to say the least...

EPIIIBITES
EPIIIBITES is my new hero and gets to go into my quotes...

Right on. Props to you!

Coulda used you when Ep III came out...I got fed to the dogs!

Jedi Priestess
Best thread ever! woot

Ushgarak
I can't remember if I have said this in here before or not...

... but my traditional verdict on threads like this is that they are very unfair on A New Hope.

ANH is very few people's favourite SW film, but a LOT of people's second favourite. It gets a score on things like this very disproportionate to its actual popularity.

Revolver Ocelot
I think we should execute all who vote AotC and TPM.

Sith Master X
I think we should execute those who show no respect for other people's opinions.

Although some may find this difficult to believe, not every has the same likes and dislikes. Shocking isn't it? I think the PT is better than the OT. Yet others slam people like me and say that we should be shot. You guys think you're "true fans" just because you like the OT better? Then only you're opinions matter doesn't it, because you're just too damn cool for everyone else here.

For god's sake, grow up.

WrathfulDwarf
I'm just curious about a "real Star Wars fan"....what the hell is that? Does that mean I can't be a Star Wars because I'm a Batman fan? Or does it mean that I have to like ALL of the Star wars movies so that I can be a "real" fan?

Oh man! this is just pure gags. laughing out loud

darht dude
i can't decide they are all good exept for episode 1 the only good part about it is darth maul.

Captain REX
Silly Dwarf Lord. stick out tongue

Sith Master, it's not that we don't respect others opinions...it's more we don't respect Preysin's 'Prequel Jihad' that he's going with in here...

If you like PT over OT, we'll argue why you shouldn't, but we still respect it.

Sith Master X
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I'm just curious about a "real Star Wars fan"....what the hell is that? Does that mean I can't be a Star Wars because I'm a Batman fan? Or does it mean that I have to like ALL of the Star wars movies so that I can be a "real" fan?

Oh man! this is just pure gags. laughing out loud

No, you can be a fan of multiple things. lol

The "real fan" thing is just something some people try to use as an excuse because they like the OT better. They think that makes them "die hards" or whatever. I love the OT, but have differing opinions in the sense that I like the PT better. Sadly, some people have no respect for others opinions.

general-pain
Originally posted by Sith Master X

The "real fan" thing is just something some people try to use as an excuse because they like the OT better. They think that makes them "die hards" or whatever. I love the OT, but have differing opinions in the sense that I like the PT better. Sadly, some people have no respect for others opinions.

That I agree with.

WrathfulDwarf

I think is more about recognizing the differences between Apples and Oranges. Is not so much about people's opinions is more about diffences in observations. For example, in the Batman forum we always have issues and discussions about who's the better Batman: Keaton or Bale. People who picked Keaton always agree that BB was a better film. However, when asked who was the better Batman...they pick Keaton...when other people pick Bale...they agree Begins was better than the any of the previous films. Strange, isn't it?

I don't believe that there is such thing as "real fan". I do believe that there are "Veteran" fans. Who have followed their favorite stories for years. And have acquire an extensive knowledge of their favorite fiction characters. I consider myself a "veteran" Batman fan. And I did pick Bale as the best Batman.

Catching my drift? wink

Silly Dwarf Lord. stick out tongue

Sith Master, it's not that we don't respect others opinions...it's more we don't respect Preysin's 'Prequel Jihad' that he's going with in here...

"Prequel Jihad" Oh man! Capt. you're the best. laughing out loud

Captain REX
I try my best. happy

Seriously, though, the true fan thing is a load of bull...I never heard it on here until Preysin said it and started ranting about how shitty the OT was.

THAT opinion I do not respect. As long as the person who likes PT over OT still likes the OT as well, I'll respect.

Preysin just gets a kick in the pants.

Cascador
IMO you can only consider yourself a die-hard fan if you love both the OT and the PT...I don't say people aren't real fans if they don't like the whole saga, but it puts them on another level of what kind of fan you are.

Sesse
Yes... Real fan should love (almost) anything related to SW.

EPIIIBITES
Originally posted by Sesse

Yeeeeah...but that doesn't mean anything related to SW is good.

A lot of people don't wanna make the distinction between what they like and what they think is in fact good...'cause that could mean it's possible you like something that might in fact suck, heaven forbid!

Just because you like something does NOT mean it's good.

Is ESB a great film?...heck yeah...on so many levels!

Is AOTC a bad film?...heck yeah...on so many levels!

Do I love it to death? Absolutely.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Sesse

Uh no, I consider 90% of the EU utter crap. Doesnt make me any less a Star Wars fan.

darthvader_fan
YOUR BACK

I HAVENT SEEN YOU IN AGES JP

Lana

You'll note that the only one who pulled the "true fan" thing was Preysin with his whole "you're not a true fan if you don't like the PT better!" thing he's so hung up on.

I love the PT. But I do not believe in any stretch of the imagination that they are better than the OT.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by darthvader_fan
YOUR BACK

I HAVENT SEEN YOU IN AGES JP

Just doing a drive by DVF. wave

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>