John Stewart GL vs Kyle Rayner GL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Green Lantern: John Stewart

VS

Green Lantern: Kyle Rayner

Who wins?

eleveninches
Kyle kicks his butt back to the plantations

seaapple
Such an intelligent response. On top of lacking any discernable argument we also get the refreshing rhetoric of bigotry.

Kudos.

Ming Tea!
Originally posted by eleveninches

My God kgkg that's the most racist statement I've ever heard on this board. That is not cool. sad

whirlysplat

Ming its unbelievable. What an idiot mad

disgusting mad

seaapple
I'm glad to see that others here feel the same way. The positive side is that the poster of that statement has revealed his true colors and we all know the type of person we are dealing with now.

dawsey28
I'd say John wins. He has more experience. I think he could outsmart Kyle. But I could be wrong.

That was pretty racist. I can't believe he said that, but I do like his sig(banner).

armandovalles
well who is more powerful?

hoorayforpeepee
i think john stewart has a more natural aptitude with the ring, but kyle has created some damn amazing structures.

kyle wins 7/10

seaapple
I say John also because of his seriousness, intelligence, and experience. I just don't see him getting beat by a young upstart GL. When dealing with a lot of power such as the GL rings it comes down to will and intelligence and I see John as having more of both.

hoorayforpeepee
kyle rayner is hardly a young upstart at this point

whirlysplat
Kyles ring is more powerful

Blair Wind
arnt all the rings the same in terms of power? it all depends on the wearer as to how much they apply that power.....but on the fight i dont have an opinion for right now

colossus17

Say some other smart stuff we will see where u end up bub....and no i am not black...but i am jewish....****en *****

the Darkone

What the f**k? is this that is not f**king cool at all, I am a 28years old black man I have never heard such racial commits like that before in my life. I suggest you don't comeback on this forum for awhile hell never. You might have a white hood on when you said that commit. mad mad

Draco69
miffed

Jason8200
That is messed up that you would say that.

Kyle would have a somewhat advantage because his ring does not need to be recharged every 24 hours.

They both are equal in the fact that John Stewart at one time had all the knowledge and abilities of a Guardian and Kyle was Ion. As far as imagination goes and seeing who uses it better... Kyle definately has a better imagination, maybe because he is younger? But will power I would have to say that they are about equal.

So Kyle would probably have a slight advantage.

pr1983
firstly, eleven... thats not funny...

secondly, john always seemed more of a pro to me... so for now ill go with him...

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Blair Wind
arnt all the rings the same in terms of power? it all depends on the wearer as to how much they apply that power.....but on the fight i dont have an opinion for right now

As far as I know last, I heard Johns had the pesky yellow prob,but I am not upto date with him smile

Draco69
It doesn't anymore. However I'd go with Kyle. He's far more talented with the ring.

Ming Tea!
And for the record, I'm black too and I handled that comment as best as I could. I would never expect that from a respected and established member. Maybe some noob, but not eleveninches.

pr1983
Originally posted by Ming Tea!
And for the record, I'm black too and I handled that comment as best as I could. I would never expect that from a respected and established member. Maybe some noob, but not eleveninches.

couldnt agree more (except the black part, my skin is so pale it hurts in sunlight embarrasment)

i dunno why i said professional, i meant disciplined... though i could be wrong...

whirlysplat
Originally posted by Ming Tea!

I'm not black but as a traveller I have suffered and understand racism 11 inches is an idiot mad

seaapple
It's starting to seem that this is basically a toss-up. It depends whether the writer favors a power edge and youthful imagination to experience, intelligence (in my opinion), and seriousness.

Just because of the nature of the personalities and the histories of the characters I don't see as many writers giving it to Kyle (I mean if comics battles were always decided based upon pure power differentials what fun would it be -- part of the pleasure is seeing heroes defeat the odds). I think that the arguments for Kyle are fairly reasonable too though. On average I just see John coming through more.

On a side note: John should have a mask too. Masks make GL look much cooler.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.