Darth Bane vs. The Exile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
Who do you think would win. This after Bane got his awsome Orbalisk suit.(Those are the parasites). I think Bane would win.

Darth_Janus
Bane has the advantage here. Unlike the Exile, Bane was a Sith lord of repute and had abilities that would keep him on top. The Exile, lacking sources to leech his power from, would be just another Jedi.

Fishy
What if the Exile is one again?

darthbane99
New here,but i know enough of bane and exile. I voted Bane would win by far,however im still skeptical. The exile can of course attache his influence and powers to those he builds a relationship with,such as friends,and draw power from them. Where as Lord bane IS the force itself,like revan,he was power and exceptionally powerful with the force and the dark side. He killed his father as we know just by his anger and could destroy an entire army with his thought bomb.

The exile, is also a wound in the force,like nihlius he is a breach vying for power and cant be killed through normal means. However take the exile from his companions and hes left with his natural power. I wouldnt underestimate the exile,i actually would vote for him but,he as to many weaknesses to compensate for his natural bonding power,which IS his weakness. But since bane as his natural power from the force, he never runs out or disconnects the way the exile did.

So bane would win

Lord Lucien
Janus is right (sorry Gideon). Lack of sources makes the Exile's combat stats. virtually non-existent. Bane on the other hand...

Darth Sexy
Way to dig up old ass threads

Publius II
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
(sorry Gideon). ...

Wow. You are a God no longer.

Darth Truculent
Not much known about The Exile. All the info I have is from KOTOR2 and Wikipedia.

Elite Hunter
Why do most new members ( I know I didn't) to KMC resurrect 2 year and older threads?

Darth Truculent
Not sure about that either Elite. The Exile is pretty popular though even with circumstanial evidence.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Why do most new members ( I know I didn't) to KMC resurrect 2 year and older threads?

He probably googled Bane vs Exile and it took him to this thread.

Gideon
Janus is right (sorry Gideon).

What's this supposed to mean?

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by darthbane99
New here,but i know enough of bane and exile. I voted Bane would win by far,however im still skeptical. The exile can of course attache his influence and powers to those he builds a relationship with,such as friends,and draw power from them. Where as Lord bane IS the force itself,like revan,he was power and exceptionally powerful with the force and the dark side. He killed his father as we know just by his anger and could destroy an entire army with his thought bomb.

The exile, is also a wound in the force,like nihlius he is a breach vying for power and cant be killed through normal means. However take the exile from his companions and hes left with his natural power. I wouldnt underestimate the exile,i actually would vote for him but,he as to many weaknesses to compensate for his natural bonding power,which IS his weakness. But since bane as his natural power from the force, he never runs out or disconnects the way the exile did.

So bane would win

first off the exile is a she not a he

and I don't think Bane was ever described as "IS the force itself".

Originally posted by Elite Hunter

Probably because they don't know too much about star wars and would like to learn more from knowledgeable people on forums.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Gideon
What's this supposed to mean? I know how it pains you to hear Janus' opinions to be agreed with. Like me with Susan Sarandon.

Gideon
I know how it pains you to hear Janus' opinions to be agreed with. Like me with Susan Sarandon.

This is a great misconception. I have no problem with Janus, his opinions, or people agreeing with them. So long as they're right. He jumped by shit for a long time and I paid him back in kind for the crap he spewed. Most of his contentions were demonstrably false.

Lord Lucien
And now he's no where to be found. Coincidence?

Darth N
Darth Bane would win by far; he is a Sith Lord, while the Exile is a wound in the force, and a mere jedi.

Final Blaxican
Your logic doesn't make any sense.

Lord Lucien
I almost thought Nebaris there, but he's not that... you know.

KingD19
Bane would lose, he was a powerful Sith Lord, no doubt, but the Exile was one of the most powerful Force Users in existence. Since KOTOR I & II are canon, it's safe to say that leveling all the way up could be considered canon as well. Therefore, Bane loses. Because once you level all the way, the only person who gives you trouble is Kreia.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by KingD19
Bane would lose, he was a powerful Sith Lord, no doubt, but the Exile was one of the most powerful Force Users in existence. Since KOTOR I & II are canon, it's safe to say that leveling all the way up could be considered canon as well. Therefore, Bane loses. Because once you level all the way, the only person who gives you trouble is Kreia. "Much to learn you still have."

Everyone see that? Did you see that? WOOH! That was awesome! I-I am just amazing sometimes.

Ahem. Game mechanics (like leveling up) aren't canon. There's no official stats. for the Exile's or for that matter any of KoTOR's characters, only events and deeds which are not yet comparable to the rest of the mythos.

KingD19
"Indeed, much to learn there always is."

You're right, I guess if you count feats, then Bane takes it, but if you count sheer awesomeness, I'd go with the Exile.

Lord Lucien
"Indeed, much to learn there always is."

You're right, I guess if you count feats, then Bane takes it, but if you count sheer awesomeness, I'd go with the Exile. Really? I always found her so blase. I mean, I haven't read any of the Bane books, but the Exile was so boring. At least compared to Revan. He set a high bar.

KingD19
Bane Books= Equal awesomeness, even before he transcended being just Dessel to become the new Progenitor of the Sith Order, he who initiated the Rule of Two, he who overthrew the Brotherhood. And I just like the rpg elements of KOTOR 2, not the character herself, just the choices you could make and such. Although, KOTOR II didn't live up to it's full potential due to the time restraints. I think if they had given them the time they needed, it would have done even better.

Gideon
And now he's no where to be found. Coincidence?

That's what happens when you've been proven wrong and refuse to submit.

Allankles
Really? I always found her so blase. I mean, I haven't read any of the Bane books, but the Exile was so boring. At least compared to Revan. He set a high bar.

Revan was interesting? I felt he was a bit of a gary stu (much like Starkiller). I thought the Exile was given a bit more spice, what with her being an Exile and all. "Much defiance in that one." She seemed to have defied all expectations, didn't heed the council, didn't turn to the darkside, didn't die after losing the force as she did.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Allankles
Revan was interesting? I felt he was a bit of a gary stu (much like Starkiller). I thought the Exile was given a bit more spice, what with her being an Exile and all. "Much defiance in that one." She seemed to have defied all expectations, didn't heed the council, didn't turn to the darkside, didn't die after losing the force as she did. Exactly why I dislike the second game. The characters had so much potential development-wise, but the poor way Obsidian went about it reduced any liking/appreciation/patience I may have held for them. By comparison Revan=better, IMO. Frankly in Star Wars I've got no problem with Revan being the Gary Stu, so long as he is THE Gary Stu of Star Wars.

Major Valerian
Star Wars would be better off with no Gary Stu, imo.

And I hate both. I can't like or appreciate a character who never speaks.

It's as if Revan saved the galaxy without even saying a word. I mean WTF. It ticked me off to see the blank, dumbass faces staring into nothingness throughout the whole game. Stupid old gen mechanics.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Major Valerian
Star Wars would be better off with no Gary Stu, imo.

And I hate both. I can't like or appreciate a character who never speaks.

It's as if Revan saved the galaxy without even saying a word. I mean WTF. It ticked me off to see the blank, dumbass faces staring into nothingness throughout the whole game. Stupid old gen mechanics. Lol, rage much? Those optional subtitles happened you know...

In Imagination Land

Imagi--Naaaation!

Allankles
Exactly why I dislike the second game. The characters had so much potential development-wise, but the poor way Obsidian went about it reduced any liking/appreciation/patience I may have held for them. By comparison Revan=better, IMO. Frankly in Star Wars I've got no problem with Revan being the Gary Stu, so long as he is THE Gary Stu of Star Wars.

I didn't mind Revan myself, just never saw anything beyond the typical hero he never stood out. Kreia in the second game makes him appear a little more interesting though.

I liked the second game, it probably had a problem of having to rely on the 1st games engine on top of being rashed. Kotor 2 story seemed to have required a more interactive engine to really relay the ideas the devs had.

Major Valerian
Lol, rage much? Those optional subtitles happened you know...

In Imagination Land

Imagi--Naaaation!

They weren't enough. uhuh

kotorfan
Bane could defeat kreia imo... unless she uses her super drain thing. and what is this instakill thing I've been hearing peopletalk about? I just got to malachor V and the only thing I saw was a cutscene of her with a group of assasins sneaking up on her who died after the cutscene.

and no I have not played kotor 2 before and finally got it to work on my vista computer. lol

and u ppl stop blaming obsidian for the shortcommings of kotor 2. They only had 12 months to develop it while bioware had 36.. thats 3 times as much time. To come up with a game that is that interesting yet still playable without idk like crashing or glitches (that are unfixable by reloading a save) is pretty awesome.

Its lucasarts fault that it got released early. not obsidian's fault. Bioware recommended obsidian for kotor 2.

Happy_Sith
So let me get this straight,

If the Exile was to fight Bane, she would feed off of his power? Or does this "wound" work in another way?

I was never clear on the issue.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by kotorfan
Bane could defeat kreia imo... unless she uses her super drain thing. and what is this instakill thing I've been hearing peopletalk about? I just got to malachor V and the only thing I saw was a cutscene of her with a group of assasins sneaking up on her who died after the cutscene.

and no I have not played kotor 2 before and finally got it to work on my vista computer. lol

and u ppl stop blaming obsidian for the shortcommings of kotor 2. They only had 12 months to develop it while bioware had 36.. thats 3 times as much time. To come up with a game that is that interesting yet still playable without idk like crashing or glitches (that are unfixable by reloading a save) is pretty awesome.

Its lucasarts fault that it got released early. not obsidian's fault. Bioware recommended obsidian for kotor 2. The instakill thing is Kreia's drain that she used on Vrook and those other two masters. They died instantly, but the mechanics and details surrounding that technique of hers are ambiguous and frankly non-existent.

It's Nihilus who "feeds."

KingD19
Nihlus basically eats Force Energy from anything.

Kreia drained the Force from the masters bodies, and in Star Wars, even if you can't use the Force, you're connected to it, drain it completely from someone, and their worse than dead.

And I'm not blaming Obsidian, I actually feel bad that they didn't get to get the game to their wanted level. I'm only saying if they were given the time they needed, the game would have been that much better, don't you agree?

Darth Truculent
Revan's character should have been developed more. I can't figure out why they [KOTOR designers and authors) didn't write more of a storyline. Revan was a key Sith Lord in Sith History - his holocron and writings led Bane to perfect the Master-Apprentice system.

Happy Sith: The Exile formed Force bonds between her students therefore indirectly gaining strength in the Force. She wouldn't pose a threat to Bane. Bane was a sheer titan in the darkside so there is no way The Exile would be able to defeat Bane.

Lord Lucien
Nihlus basically eats Force Energy from anything. He feeds of the death of living things. He causes their death through his Force drain, the Exile's wound in the Force stumping him.

Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Revan's character should have been developed more. I can't figure out why they Well yeah, we know that after KotoR was developed. At the time Revan's given story was fine for just that game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.