Revan vs. Shimera

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth_Glentract
Ninty percent of you are going to see this and be like wtf, how can glentract even expect someone I've never heard of stand against Revan. You all need to read the NJO, and read it quickly and get to TUF, its the last book with the Yuuzhan Vong that I know of. If you dont read the books, then, the NJO isn't a bad place to start, those were the probably the fifth books I read in SW.

Shimera almost killed NJO Luke Skywalker. That says a lot right there. He got a good solid hit, injected the poison from his amphistaff, gloated and got his head chopped off. Still, he wounded Luke very badly, that was just the hit that got him the best and would have killed him if Shimera hadn't pulled a Darth Maul(I shall call getting killed because of gloating a Darth Maul for now on.) Since Shimera was also almost dead duing the fight, he is about equal to Luke, probably a little weaker. Since a lot of people also think that Revan is just slightly weaker than NJO Luke, who do you think would win?

I think that Shimera has a fair chance, probably he will win. Still, most people have to little respect for the Overlord and will vote Revan.

Darth_Glentract
This is my 1000 post!

Darth_Janus
Score. I'm at 1700 something.

I don't know on this one. I'd have to see Shimera in combat, but he sounds impressive.

Fishy
Sounds impressive yes, but i don't know who would win this one...

Revan has done more impressive things and i wonder if he could stand up against Revan in a fight, imo its going to be harder to get an edge over Revan then it is to get it over NJO Luke... But I still don't know who would win... I'll just wait and hope somebody comes up with a good argument

Darth_Glentract
bump

Otaku_Sith
Well I'm actually thinking about a draw.But i voted Revan because of the two he's my favourite

Otaku_Sith
And ivoted by far accidently.srry

Otaku_Sith
And my English isn't that fantastic so i don't know what you mean by pulling a Darth Maul if it was in the context.

Darth_Glentract
it means that he made the same mistake as Darth Maul and started gloating and was killed because of it, even though he had the upperhand.

Kun-ni Habeo
revan,,he's cooler then shimera

Darth_Glentract
bump

JKBart
*Shimrra

Trocity
Shimera takes it.

darthbane77
Might go either way, but I'm gonna lean towards Revan.

Jmanghan
See, this is a thread that deserves to be bumped, because it isn't something to be blatantly laughed it.

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by Jmanghan
See, this is a thread that deserves to be bumped, because it isn't something to be blatantly laughed it.

Good one Jman ( please be joking ).

Originally posted by darthbane77
Might go either way, but I'm gonna lean towards Revan.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
Good one Jman ( please be joking ).

... Tbh I don't know enough about Shimmra to comment, all I know is that he fought Luke.

UCanShootMyNova
He was beating him.

Jmanghan
He was beating him. You realize that doesn't automatically grant Shimmra the win...

What other feats does he have?

Luke is inconsistent, and while its impressive, Revan is an INCREDIBLY powerful Force User.

UCanShootMyNova
You realize that doesn't automatically grant Shimmra the win...

Except it does... It really does...

darthbane77
What was the context of their fight? The circumstances? That could have played a role in why Shimmra was winning.

UCanShootMyNova
Shimera was injured. He had Luke on his backfoot but lost due to to overconfidence. I'll try to find the passage and quote it.

DarthAnt66
Great fight. I'd side with Revan thanks to his dark-side Force abilities, which all Vong seem to be inherently weak against. If Shimrra tries to close the gap, Revan can just teleport away.

darthbane77
Hmm, if Shimmra did that well against Luke while injured then Shimmra has a better chance than I thought. It would depend on the circumstances I think, what state Revan and Shimmra were in, where it takes place, who has prep, etc. But I might lean towards Shimmra if he did that well while wounded.

NewGuy01

Luke is inconsistent, and while its impressive, Revan is an INCREDIBLY powerful Force User.

Which doesn't mean shit against Shimrra. Revan gets stomped. /thread

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

UCanShootMyNova
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Great fight. I'd side with Revan thanks to his dark-side Force abilities, which all Vong seem to be inherently weak against.

Quote? smile

JKBart
shimeras huh?

FUGGING SWEET

JKBart
nobody recognizes the quote

UCanShootMyNova
thumb up

Nephthys
Quote? smile

IIRC lightning fvcks them and they don't really have a defense against it.

UCanShootMyNova
Electric Judgement does as well and it's not a darkside power. smile

It seems to me that would suggest they're affected by energy rather then darkside based powers. smile

DarthAnt66
You're not helping your point. laughing out loud

JKBart
Yuuzhan Vongs can be affected by the Force via non-direct means. Direct telekinetical shoves, chokes, mental attacks, sorcery, and things like that can't affect Yuuzhan Vongs - they are beyond Force influence.

However, Force Lightning and Electric Judgement do not affect the opponent with the Force itself - rather with the product of the Force channeling. The electrical energy created from the Force. That's very reasonable and logical.

That would also mean powers like pyrokinesis can also affect them, but that was never shown. Syndi is right, though, but I wouldn't exactly name that "Yuuzhans are affected by energy"; that's just way to word it tho.

Nephthys
Electric Judgement does as well and it's not a darkside power. smile

It seems to me that would suggest they're affected by energy rather then darkside based powers. smile

Who cares, I didn't say shit about the darkside. It doesn't matter what it is.

UCanShootMyNova
Except it does since Ant's stance is based on Revan winning via "darkside powers."

Nephthys
Which is why I mentioned lightning. I'm fairly sure thats what he was thinking about.

UCanShootMyNova
And Shimmra's blade is capable of blocking lightsaber strikes and thus also lightning.

DarthAnt66
lmfao

Nephthys
Fairly sure it isn't that simple. Is it a sword? Because the reason lightsabers can contain lightning is that they're energy and with how they work blah blah nerd science.

He lacks the Force needed to contain lightning regardless, especially like Revans when he can perform lightning storms that shoot out of the sky and shoot multiple bolts over a large area.

NewGuy01
And Shimmra's blade is capable of blocking lightsaber strikes and thus also lightning.

How the hell does that work?

DarthAnt66
It doesn't.

UCanShootMyNova
If his staff is capable of blocking the heat of a lightsaber's plasma it should also be capable of doing the same to lightning.

DarthAnt66
If his staff is capable of blocking the heat of a lightsaber's plasma it should also be capable of doing the same to lightning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPv76HNbiK0&t=0m22s

Jmanghan
Great fight. I'd side with Revan thanks to his dark-side Force abilities, which all Vong seem to be inherently weak against. If Shimrra tries to close the gap, Revan can just teleport away. Luke was capable of using Lightning though.

DarthAnt66
He was pressed in CQC, so he didn't have the chance. Revan can teleport, so that won't happen.

Jmanghan
He was pressed in CQC, so he didn't have the chance. Revan can teleport, so that won't happen. Ah, agreed then.

darthbane77
Finally made up my mind, giving it Revan barely. Revan's teleportation and array of abilities are what win it for him.

MythLord
Shimrra.

Ursumeles
Revan. Onimi amped Shimrra wins, tho.

SunRazer
Doubt Revan could teleport whilst being overwhelmed in melee combat.

Ursumeles
Originally posted by SunRazer
Doubt Revan could teleport whilst being overwhelmed in melee combat.
How strong amped Onimi Shimrra, btw?

Jmanghan
How strong is Onimi, for that matter?

SunRazer
Can't really answer either of those.

Ursumeles
How strong is Onimi, for that matter?
Very powerful. Hard to rank, tho. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/brightsteel/blog/star-wars-onimi/126377/

SunRazer
They're both obviously extremely powerful, but very hard to quantify.

Ursumeles
Is it reasonable, to place Onimi between Vader and RotS Sidious?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.