reincarnation fact or fiction?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheAnimal
in some way's i believe reincarnation exsists. when an animal die's can that spirit alone return but in a diffrent form of life? i.e plant or maybe more.

tell me what you think

Jackie Malfoy
We can't really say if it is a fact or fiction because we do not know if it could happen or not and there is no proof that it could happen.JM

mr.smiley
one thing we do know is that a lot of people belive in it.Their are also a lot of convincing stories documentaries on reincarnation.

BackFire
It certainly isn't fact, no religious beliefs are.

peterKSL
reincarnation is a theory formed by skeptics of how life is formed... that, is my theory..

§P0oONY
it is unknown whether it is either fact or fiction, we will have to wait and see

Bardock42
Well I certainly don't belive in it....but I'd keep to the agnostic way...and just know we can and will never know.

eleveninches
Why dont you die and see if reincarnation is real?

SarKastic_OJ
well, maybe we are reincarnated from one form of matter/energy to another..since wer'e matter(which can't be created or destroyed) then maybe our bodies after dying makes a transition from one form of matter to another such as being buried and blending with the soil to become plantlife or being devoured by earthworms and becoming it as well..the possibilites are endless...but not impossible

Rose of Isis
There have been several studies involving reincarnation. I remember one particularly convincing documentary which focused largely on children who described memories that were not there own, often of death in a violent or dramatic way. The parents in these cases had been curious enough to investigate the names & places described by their children & found reports of corresponding events. One little girls was flown to another country to meet her 'family' & supposedly identified each person accurately.

Of course, skepticism must remain as this was a documentary & who knows how greatly the tales were doctored. It is certainly an interesting belief & one held by peoples the world over.

My personal opinion though is that it should not be too greatly worried about. Incidences of memory of previous lives are rare, so how much do we gain from knowing whether we are to be reincarnated or not. This may not be Candide's "best of all possible worlds" & we not have reached our potential ultimate form of being, but this is the only world that we ourselves may ever know. Whoever we may become in the future or may have been in the past we should not forget who we are now & we should make the most of it.

debbiejo
Perhaps you have a choice. Maybe some chose to reincarnate and others do not...Though if a person did, it sure would be nice to remember it..

Big Evil
Scientificaly reincarnation would be the most feesible answer, espeicaly if you follow Buddhism's version.

Buddhism has a karma wheel. Lets replace spirits with the word neutrons.

There's six neutron energy bases.

Gods. (The highest and most easily burned out living nebula.)
Anti-Gods/Angels?
Humans.
Animals.
Hungery Ghosts/Demons?
Devils.

The gods put out the most energy (Or karma as they put it.) and cannot stay in this divine state forever, eventualy they have to move down the wheel. The lower the wheel, the less karma you require. You can supposedly through good deeds builup your karma pool to live in a higher state of conciounceness.

Now how is this scientificaly founded? Because energy never dies. It simply has lesser and greater phases. Which sounds simaler to the karma wheel.

debbiejo
Yea that's good though I know nothing about Buddhist...OK..how about this?

God is this huge huge spirit, and He decides to create something new, so he breaks off parts of himself, zillions of parts. All those parts are still part of the Huge spirit. These parts are made up of proton wave particles and make up everyone and everything. Even between the more dense particles are still particles. Some can see the particles and call them spirit, and some can see them and call the bio-engergy or aura. These particles eventually change from one dimensions to another, which is called death of the body, but the particles go back to where they came from. The spirit or particles who's true form is God, or parts of God, then decide on whether they want to return by becoming more dense again to experience more of this property with emotions, and senses. And thus reincarnation with quantum physics.

treesonabeach
hiya, debbiejo i think your theory is really interesting, espec the way it combines spirituality and physics, but dont understand all of it. just wanna ask a coupla qus:
-why is it necessary that the particles are part of some kind of god?
-how do they cross dimensions? is this because they are a part of the god as a whole and he is able to do this?
-how do they decide to comeback/leave/become denser?
-are you saying that by becoming more dense they actually *become* the body? or if not how are they attached to it? how are the aspects of a person contained in these paricles when they are renewed to another body?
-do you hav any scientific basis for this theory or is it just what you reckon? theres nothing wrong with that if there is, am just curious ^_^

also, mr big evil? i find your theory v v interestin cos ive found buddhism says a lot of things which make a lot of sense, and wouldnt be surprised if karma fits in with modern science too. am not sure bout the thing bout requiring less karma as you move down the wheel tho, i think its more you get good karma for good deeds/intentions and vice versa. its a system of cause and effect. however, i may well be wrong. no worries eh?

ta xxx ^_^

debbiejo
Originally posted by treesonabeach
hiya, debbiejo i think your theory is really interesting, espec the way it combines spirituality and physics, but dont understand all of it. just wanna ask a coupla qus:
-why is it necessary that the particles are part of some kind of god?
-how do they cross dimensions? is this because they are a part of the god as a whole and he is able to do this?
-how do they decide to comeback/leave/become denser?
-are you saying that by becoming more dense they actually *become* the body? or if not how are they attached to it? how are the aspects of a person contained in these paricles when they are renewed to another body?
-do you hav any scientific basis for this theory or is it just what you reckon? theres nothing wrong with that if there is, am just curious ^_^

ta xxx ^_^

Well...no I didn't make it up...I only use 10 percent of my brain. blink

With the reading I've done and it seems to make since to me, is that Life came from a greater form of energy, God or something. For any creation to take place It would have to break off bazillions of parts of It's self. These parts are a "Whole" like your cells are parts of "Your" whole being. These particles are in everything and the denser parts are the parts we can see. The less denser parts are the things we can't see, but are still there. So, another way to look at it is that we are a spirit/energy form that is wearing a body. The body like clothes are not perminate and when it dies, the particles join back to the mass it came from, though not in a way we can probably imagine. Since it is part of the God/Entity, then we are infact part of God, or God parts..It/we then can decide if it would like to come back and experience the senses of taste,tough, sight, smell..emotions...that it/we really can't do in the pure energy state of intellectual knowledge of it...I know it's repeating,but I like it.

It's called quantum wave theory. When the sub particles are broken down, it's found that they act as living individual thinking type entities...They can change shape as a solid, wave or wink in or out of existence...Science want to know when they wink out, where are they going? It's assumed that they are simply in another dimension...unseen. They have found that the invisible force is connective to everything including emotions that can be measured..etc..
It would explain paranormal experiences, esp, psi,...all that and experiments have been done to show that.

http://www.life-enthusiast.com/twilight/research_emoto.htm

The invisible can influence the solid...

sk8stuff09
if reincarnation is real, and you remember your past life, wouldnt more people be having visions of a past life and speak up? I only know a small amount of people who have said to have had "visions" of a past life, but I, personaly have had none....but it is a theory i am interested in.

Shakyamunison
I'll get back to you with the answer in a life time or two...

Mainstream
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I'll get back to you with the answer in a life time or two...

lol

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mainstream
lol

?????????

Sorry I'm too old to get that.

Mainstream
?????????

Sorry I'm too old to get that.

I'm truly sorry.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mainstream
I'm truly sorry.

Not as sorry as you will be in 20 years.

Just kidding, I wish you happiness and long life.

Shakyamunison

debbiejo
Originally posted by sk8stuff09
if reincarnation is real, and you remember your past life, wouldnt more people be having visions of a past life and speak up?

They have...especially children. They have found that children seem to be able to remember things like how they died, where they used to live, their other family (that in one case I read was still living), they went to see that family and now are very close....Really strange, but documented. Children remember where they had hidden items in their old life, and then took some sort of authorities to retrieve it....It's quite interesting.

Shakyamunison
I would suspect that there maybe adults among us who remember past lives but don't want to be called crazy.

debbiejo
I would suspect that there maybe adults among us who remember past lives but don't want to be called crazy.

I would suspect so, and there have been some that have come forward, though most was through hypnosis type stuff.

Atlantis001

CorderaMitchell
c17 this is the woman I was speaking of........

CorderaMitchell
this ones another

Great Vengeance
I dont believe reincarnation is real, I mean even though it is correct that energy is never lost energy doesnt have identity therefore "you" would be lost forever.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
I dont believe reincarnation is real, I mean even though it is correct that energy is never lost energy doesnt have identity therefore "you" would be lost forever.

How would you know the energy would be for ever lost?

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by debbiejo
How would you know the energy would be for ever lost?

Your energy wouldnt be lost but your identity would.

debbiejo

But you don't know that.....

Freaky Zeeky

huh

Laurie
Ever since I became aware of my existence in this life, I have had scraps of memories of having lived several times before. I can't put a numerical figure to those previous lives because I don't know, if any, which child became which adult. Some believers theorize that children generally lose these memories as they mature; I never did.

Some people dream of past lives, others are regressed, and some of us just simply remember as toddlers; in my case decidedly unnerving my poor Mother when, for example, I spoke of men wearing 'Jackboots' around the age of two. I was born in 1975, long long after WWll.

What disturbed my Mother more than my memories was that she was both pained and shocked that her rather introvert daughter should know of worldly matters at such a tender age. I told her of a lifetime in medieval times when I was a young Mother myself and my second child, died at the age of one month from starvation because I was too poor to feed her.

jOHN_Anderton
look.

there's no "reincarnation".

no heaven.

no hell.

no nothing after you die.

face it and realize . . .

. . . the clock is ticking.

there is a solution to your mortality but if you don't find the way out in the one human lifetime you've been "given", then you're done.

simple as that.

that is not to say there is no way out of here alive, it's just that YOU must get off your lazy ass, drop the fairy tales and little kiddy stories and start searching.

you can do it.

there IS a way out, but how the game is set up, is for YOU to find it, the doorway or portal or next level.

no one can tell it to you, you must do it for yourself.

those are the rules.

the "path" you must follow is not to be found in the bible or the koran or the tao te ching or the bhagvad gita or any other "holy" book, although all or some or none of these may br of assistance to you.

sorry, but those relatives, that spouse, that mom or dad or kid of yours that recently died? you're NEVER going to see him or her again. EVER. and the same is true when your dumb ass stops ticking.

it's too late for them, but because you are alive now, you still have a CHANCE.

you can ignore what I'm telling you here and go on your merry way, thinking your covered by Jesus, or whatever brand of "God" you subscribe to - or if you got something of the rebel in you, you may be thinking some fuzzy minded thing like reincarnation or your poorly understood ideas of some other religion from a foreign land is whats gonna save you in the end. or you might think your rescue lies somewhere in the vagueries of quantum physics or string/Matrix-theory. or maybe steven spielberg will make a kick-ass movie some day thats gonna do it for you - explain how everything's ok after all, how all that movie fantasy shit is after all real.

but then you'd be wrong and will simply follow those "loved ones" of yours and the untold billions upon billions of others that came and went before them into the mindless, featureless nothing of oblivion.

finis!

game over - you lose.

or - you could listen to me and begin your search, your quest, your lifes adventure here and now.

it's completely up to you.

and do you want to hear the most ridiculous thing about all this?

it really doesn't matter all that much if you wake up or stay asleep in the end.

it's just that it's a much more enjoyable ride, more interesting game, more meaningful, interesting and enriching life if you DO play it like you were meant to, like you should.

you're already wearing your game suit, so why not play the greatest game you can imagine. it's terrifying, electrifying, mesmerizing, stupifying, tantalizing, death defying - it's got everything and then some.

you can win at this but not if you don't start looking. NOW!

the clock IS ticking even though you don't hear it, yet.

i believe most of you can do it, but probably won't because it's so nice to just swallow what you're being spoon fed all your pathetic lives.

anyways, those are the rules. it's up to you.

just thought i'd clue you up 'cause i KNOW no one else has and may never again.

the clock? it's ticking . . .

how many ticks in a life time?

how many tick's you got?

what's it going to be? the choices are Immortality or nothing.

better get started. start looking. . .

there are clues all around!

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by jOHN_Anderton
look.

there's no "reincarnation".

no heaven.

no hell.

no nothing after you die.

face it and realize . . .

. . . the clock is ticking.

there is a solution to your mortality but if you don't find the way out in the one human lifetime you've been "given", then you're done.

simple as that.

that is not to say there is no way out of here alive, it's just that YOU must get off your lazy ass, drop the fairy tales and little kiddy stories and start searching.

you can do it.

there IS a way out, but how the game is set up, is for YOU to find it, the doorway or portal or next level.

no one can tell it to you, you must do it for yourself.

those are the rules.

the "path" you must follow is not to be found in the bible or the koran or the tao te ching or the bhagvad gita or any other "holy" book, although all or some or none of these may br of assistance to you.

sorry, but those relatives, that spouse, that mom or dad or kid of yours that recently died? you're NEVER going to see him or her again. EVER. and the same is true when your dumb ass stops ticking.

it's too late for them, but because you are alive now, you still have a CHANCE.

you can ignore what I'm telling you here and go on your merry way, thinking your covered by Jesus, or whatever brand of "God" you subscribe to - or if you got something of the rebel in you, you may be thinking some fuzzy minded thing like reincarnation or your poorly understood ideas of some other religion from a foreign land is whats gonna save you in the end. or you might think your rescue lies somewhere in the vagueries of quantum physics or string/M-theory.

but then you'd be wrong and will simply follow those "loved ones" of yours and the untold billions upon billions of others that came and went before them into the mindless, featureless nothing of oblivion.

finis!

game over - you lose.

or - you could listen to me and begin your search, your quest, your lifes adventure here and now.

it's completely up to you.

and do you want to hear the most ridiculous thing about all this?

it really doesn't matter all that much if you wake up or stay asleep in the end.

it's just that it's a much more enjoyable ride, more interesting game, more meaningful, interesting and enriching life if you DO play it like you were meant to, like you should.

you're already wearing your game suit, so why not play the greatest game you can imagine. it's terrifying, electrifying, mesmerizing, stupifying, tantalizing, death defying - it's got everything and then some.

you can win at this but not if you don't start looking. NOW!

the clock IS ticking even though you don't hear it, yet.

i believe most of you can do it, but probably won't because it's so nice to just swallow what you're being spoon fed all your pathetic lives.

anyways, those are the rules. it's up to you.

just thought i'd clue you up 'cause i KNOW no one else has and may never again.

the clock? it's ticking . . .

how many ticks in a life time?

how many tick's you got?

what's it going to be? the choices are Immortality or nothing.

better get started. start looking. . .

there are clues all around!

Your going to get banned if you keep spamming like this lol...A much shorter way to put your post is...

"Life is a game, its up to you if you want to win or not. Immortality and higher existence are possibilities open to those who want to take it."

Which I partly disagree with, life is more than the simple way you put it I think..Why are there rules? Who made the rules? If Immortality is open to us then why wasnt it open to the people of old civilizations? What is the freaking point of it all? You were definately right about one thing, life is a puzzle.

a1hsauce
i dont believe in it...alot of times its a person claiming to be the reincarnate of Louis XV or some high posting historical person...and plus there are a lot and i mean A LOT more people alive now then back in the day....so how do u account for those people now if we had past lives?

jOHN_Anderton
Your going to get banned if you keep spamming like this lol

huh? who am i spamming? i could care less about getting banned from a cesspool like this. just consider yourself lucky for the brief time i'm here. i'm just slumming for awhile.

...A much shorter way to put your post is...
"Life is a game, its up to you if you want to win or not. Immortality and higher existence are possibilities open to those who want to take it."

Well no it's not "up to you" in the sense you're putting it. Although I am partial to the "game" concept, you are just bastardizing and trivializing what I was attempting to convey, as if you even have a clue! It's just that it annoys me when someone plays a game half heartedly. Everyone's playing one game or another in life. So which one do you THINK you're playing?

Life is more than the simple way you put it I think..

Then you would think wrong. The universe was as simple to create as falling off a log, and if you're impressed by this one that you happen to be in, it isn't anything compared to the untold numbers of other universes that make up the multiverse. Its all an adventure thats beyond ANYTHING you've ever dreamed in your philosophy - if you even have one.

Why are there rules?

What a dumb question. Everything has rules or there could not be anything worth pursueing. Lol!

Who made the rules?

It all follows logically from the "1st turning". Beyond this it would be inappropriate for me to say.

If Immortality is open to us then why wasnt it open to the people of old civilizations?

It was. There are probably MORE Immortals from those times than have ever come from modern societies as of yet. But who's counting? I have no idea how many Immortals walk among us but I do know that most homosapiens who have lived, have ended, as will most who are currently living. This isn't necessary but it isn't necessarily tragic either. Just that it nicer to never lose a life. When you consider the overwhelming vastness of Creation, it's not hard to realize how we need all the life we can get. It's mostly dark and "unaware" out there you know.

What is the freaking point of it all?

What, do you want me to just TELL you what I know? No, I must not. Not because I'm cruel but because thats going against the rules and won't help you anyways. YOU must find out yourself. You can.

You were definately right about one thing, life is a puzzle.

Thats funnier than you think. I will help you out with that by responding thusly: What else is there to do?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by a1hsauce
i dont believe in it...alot of times its a person claiming to be the reincarnate of Louis XV or some high posting historical person...and plus there are a lot and i mean A LOT more people alive now then back in the day....so how do u account for those people now if we had past lives?

Reincarnation is not a one for one exchange. I see it like this: this is your only life, but you are the incarnation of your entity. Your entity has many lives though out all time. You share the karma of your entity like a finger shares a hand.

jOHN_Anderton
LOL!!!

RRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

Shakyamunison
LOL!!!

RRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

It's not going to work jOHN.

I don't care, why do you?

jOHN_Anderton
*stomps on Shakey's pink lillypad, twisting it good, thus disintegrating and homogenizing it's once delicate fibous structure so thoroughly that the only evidence a flower once existed is the faint pink hue imparted to the soils surface*

quit hounding me b##ch. there's no answer to that other than "you". so leave me the fk alone. last warning.

debbiejo
I think reincarnation is a possibility since our make up of energy doesn't just die, but goes on in some form or another...

John you do have interesting points, but can you make shorter posts....It's a lot to read in the morning with out my coffee.

Great Vengeance
I am an *******.

Thats all I heard from you John. Get a life, I wasnt trying to insult you, just recommending you shorten your posts.. and I wanted to tell you my opinion on life and how it conflicts with yours. Then you bring out this long-winded piece of garbage about how I dont understand your higher thoughts and then flame me several times...Please dont use the forums to vent your frustration, go see some help if thats what you need. Your annoying me, Shakyamunison and everyone else by your blind hate and ignorance.

mailedbypostman
How can we prove reincarnation other than going on someone's word?
We can't.

John anderton, you're going to make someone kill you someday.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by mailedbypostman
How can we prove reincarnation other than going on someone's word?
We can't.

John anderton, you're going to make someone kill you someday.

Nonsense, John will no doubt meet his end by suffering a heart attack moments before reaching his beloved immortality.

Shakyamunison
*stomps on Shakey's pink lillypad, twisting it good, thus disintegrating and homogenizing it's once delicate fibous structure so thoroughly that the only evidence a flower once existed is the faint pink hue imparted to the soils surface*

quit hounding me b##ch. there's no answer to that other than "you". so leave me the fk alone. last warning.

No, So there... laughing

Shakyamunison
Nonsense, John will no doubt meet his end by suffering a heart attack moments before reaching his beloved immortality.

Long before that, he will get banned.

ban jOHN

kmcdude
Originally posted by TheAnimal
in some way's i believe reincarnation exsists. when an animal die's can that spirit alone return but in a diffrent form of life? i.e plant or maybe more.

tell me what you think

I think it's bullshit cause I personally dont belive in souls,I think we are simply just meat and bones.

Laurie

Quit throwing your toy's outta the pram...such tantrums impress no-one!

If you want to be left alone, why on Earth would you haunt forums? Attention seeking? People who use obscenities as frequently as you do only emphasize their limited vocabulary...

Eis
I personally don't believe in reincarnation, but I try to keep an open mind, I mean who knows maybe it is real... and I was... JFK in another life! Or Marilyn Monroe

kjl12131972
I believe in reincarnation, but I want to come back in inanimate form And I don't mean a plant or bird. i mean an object. I have felt that I should serve humans totally and completely, without any regard. I deeply desire to be reincarnated as a public rest room toilet bowl. Nothing more than a receptacle for the receiving and transport of human waste. My very essence of who I was, personality, consciousness, thoughts, the very life force only a human would have absorbed into an old discolored, grungy, funky, smelly, clogged up toilet bowl, in some very busy, dirty public place like a bus terminal. Hooked up to old rusty, mildewed jury rigged plumbing. In a graffiti covered stall, the door lock broken off long ago... Secured forever in place by 2- 8" Bolts, to a worn out, torn up, blackened, greasy, 60's something vinyl floor, in turn glued down to 18" thick concrete basement foundation. Just a solid cement bowl, not even a seat

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by kjl12131972
I believe in reincarnation, but I want to come back in inanimate form And I don't mean a plant or bird. i mean an object. I have felt that I should serve humans totally and completely, without any regard. I deeply desire to be reincarnated as a public rest room toilet bowl. Nothing more than a receptacle for the receiving and transport of human waste. My very essence of who I was, personality, consciousness, thoughts, the very life force only a human would have absorbed into an old discolored, grungy, funky, smelly, clogged up toilet bowl, in some very busy, dirty public place like a bus terminal. Hooked up to old rusty, mildewed jury rigged plumbing. In a graffiti covered stall, the door lock broken off long ago... Secured forever in place by 2- 8" Bolts, to a worn out, torn up, blackened, greasy, 60's something vinyl floor, in turn glued down to 18" thick concrete basement foundation. Just a solid cement bowl, not even a seat

laughing I believe in simultaneous incarnation. That means we are living all of our incarnations all at the same time. In that case, you are that toilet bowl now. laughing

Lord Urizen
It's very possible.

As we know, energy nor matter gets destroyed, only recycled.

What does that mean? Our bodies and minds become something else, they don't CEASE to exist....our bodies go back into the Earth, the energy that makes up our minds probably becomes the calories of a candy bar lol

Nah, but seriously, since matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed, every aspect of us must become something else after we die. The only uncertainty is what becomes of our identities:

I beleive that we still hold a piece of our last self in us today. I think every time we die, we carry a piece of our last life with us...some lessons need to stick, that may explain our intuitions and innate moralities.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
It's very possible.

As we know, energy nor matter gets destroyed, only recycled.

What does that mean? Our bodies and minds become something else, they don't CEASE to exist....our bodies go back into the Earth, the energy that makes up our minds probably becomes the calories of a candy bar lol

Nah, but seriously, since matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed, every aspect of us must become something else after we die. The only uncertainty is what becomes of our identities:

I beleive that we still hold a piece of our last self in us today. I think every time we die, we carry a piece of our last life with us...some lessons need to stick, that may explain our intuitions and innate moralities.

Take a cup of water and throw it into the sea. Where is the cup of water now?

Mindship
I'm figuring this way...

With the levels of reality we are familiar with, we see principles of balance. On the physical plane, we have (eg) conservation of energy. On the biological plane, there exists the oft described 'web of life,' where all creatures are said to be part of a delicate balance. On the mental-symbolic plane, we have the very concept of balance, of (eg) fairness and justice.

If a spiritual level of reality exists, it would seem logical to assume the principle of balance would be there too. Reincarnation.

Lord Urizen
Take a cup of water and throw it into the sea. Where is the cup of water now?

Sorry, I don't get it. What is the point you are trying to make ?

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Sorry, I don't get it. What is the point you are trying to make ?
The water gets dissolved into the air, then it rains and blah blah the water cycle commences...

That's what he is trying to tell you that life is a cycle (or at least that's what I think) and like the water cycle it is repeated.

I suggest you spend some time brushing up on you're Buddhism... it's a very interesting set of beliefs.

Shakyamunison

Jonathan Mark

Lord Urizen

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
The water gets dissolved into the air, then it rains and blah blah the water cycle commences...

That's what he is trying to tell you that life is a cycle (or at least that's what I think) and like the water cycle it is repeated.

I suggest you spend some time brushing up on you're Buddhism... it's a very interesting set of beliefs.

Yeah I get it, but i thought for a second that he was trying to contradict my argument, and i was thinking "this is only proving my point...." but I get it now.

Yes, I need to learn more about Buddhism, it is indeed a very interesting and beautiful set of beliefs.

kjl12131972
This is what I will become perhaps

debbiejo
You don't have to be Buddhist to believe in reincarnation ya know....

Lord Urizen
You don't have to be Buddhist to believe in reincarnation ya know....

Yeah, I know. But I was talking to Shakyamunison who is a Buddhist, so...lol smile

Storm
People have always wondered what if anything lies beyond the grave. Is death the end of existence, an entry into eternity or an intermission between earthly lives?

Reincarnation offers hope to many. If we don' t get it right in this life, we have another chance the next time around.

PVS
i would prefer reincarnation over spending eternity being useless...even if in heaven.

debbiejo
LOL.................you're hoping for something better than what you are now???? J/k

Alliance
Originally posted by Storm
People have always wondered what if anything lies beyond the grave. Is death the end of existence, an entry into eternity or an intermission between earthly lives?

Reincarnation offers hope to many. If we don' t get it right in this life, we have another chance the next time around.
its the same thing with monothiestic religions and heavan. This lack of an afterlife is often what many people find repulsive about athiesm. They need to feel that there is a better future.

debbiejo
HAAHA...........

Alliance
Its not my fault.

Storm
Even those who believe in reincarnation admit that the vast majority of humans do not remember their previous lives. How can we learn from our past mistakes if we cannot remember them? We seem to make the same mistakes over and over again. Given the moral failure rate of human history, do we have any reason to hope that we will get it right in a future lifetime?
I would suspect so, and there have been some that have come forward, though most was through hypnosis type stuff.
Past life regression hypnosis is controversial, primarily because hypnosis is not a reliable tool. It has been shown that the practice can create false memories.

Atlantis001
There are many interesting cases of reincarnation in Sri Lanka, which is BTW the place that more cases can be found. One time there was the case of a boy that remembered the place where he lived, and described in great detail the place, and was even able to find the money he hide in the house in his past life.

I read that in a book by Amit Goswami, he toke that imformation from some places that research the subject of reincarnation and there are many cases like that thats not the only one.

Storm
It' s a grey area.

The most famous case of past life recall is that of Virginia Tighe who recalled her past life as Bridey Murphy. Virginia was the wife of a Virginia businessman in Pueblo, Colorado. While under hypnosis in 1952, she told Morey Bernstein, her therapist, that over 100 years ago she was an Irish woman named Bridget Murphy who went by the nickname of Bridey. During their sessions together, Bernstein marveled at detailed conversations with Bridey, who spoke with a pronounced Irish brogue and spoke extensively of her life in 19th century Ireland. Over six sessions, Virginia revealed many details about Bridey' s life, such as names, dates, places, events, shops and songs.

Much of what Bridey said was consistent with the time and place, and it seemed inconceivable that someone who had never been to Ireland could provide so many details with such confidence. However, journalists could find no historical record of Bridey Murphy. Not her birth, her family, her marriage, nor her death.
The Chicago American found an Irish woman named Bridle Corkell in Wisconsin in the 20th century. Bridle Corkell, who she had known well, lived in the house across the street from where Virginia Tighe grew up. What Virginia reported while hypnotized were not memories of a previous life, but memories from her early childhood.

pcp
Re-incarnation and the notion of re-incarnation are a joke. We die and then we're dead, so make the most of it.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by pcp
Re-incarnation and the notion of re-incarnation are a joke. We die and then we're dead, so make the most of it.

Reincarnation does not say we live after we die. This body is dead, however, we are all connected and you will find yourself back here.

debbiejo
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shakyamunison
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by TheAnimal

tell me what you think

I think reincarnation is crap.

OK, so let me get this straight: if I lead a bad life, I'll come back as a dog?? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

OK, so let me get this straight: if I lead a bad life, I'll come back as a dog?? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud

No.

debbiejo
Originally posted by Quiero Mota

OK, so let me get this straight: if I lead a bad life, I'll come back as a dog?? roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing out loud There are different thoughts about reincarnation, but the one you spoke of I believe is not true. One cannot go back to something he's progressed beyond. There is however another view and that is that we chose our experiences.........For that reason there are many beliefs also. Maybe brownie points......lol

OK now, everybody say it......"Damn what was I thinking"

lol

Strangelove
I think reincarnation is a distinct possibility. If there is such a thing as the soul, and there's no heaven or hell, where would it go? Of course, that's stacking an assumption on an assumption, but still. The energy that a soul must contain would have to go somewhere.

I'd like to think that it's true, myself. I'm not all that interested in the afterlife, just another chance at plain old life.

debbiejo
I think that reincarnation is quite fascinating. The whole idea that one can experience many many things and who's to say what the in between lives are. This could be a place of sharing what was experienced and a planning on what to do next along with who ever you might want to have go along with you...a group even. Thing is, that the group you would know eternally, but in this physical life you wouldn't really remember, it would be all new. But once done. You could say "Wow, what a jerk you were..lol"..."Yeah, lets do it again, this time you be one.. ".

Laugh then go off to play..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.