I dont remember ever owning a droid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shoodowopwop
Hey, sorry if this has already been posted but im new so i havent exaclty looked at all of them. in anh, ben claims he doesnt remeber ever owning a droid, in reference to artoo. Considering hes been on adventures with artoo before, how did this happen

Torik_Shai
I think it's mainly because droids are thought of more as appliances. Although it still baffling that he wouldn't remember a droid as unique as Artoo. That'd be like forgetting a really cool car you once had.

macgeek2005
Please.. oh please.... Mr. Lucas, remake the OT. completely, with new actors, story, everything.

Lazerlike42
Years ago before they even made the PT I always took that line, and the tone of voice he used with it, to be a "lie." Not a blatant lie for the sake of deceiving someone but more of a hiding the truth kind of a lie.... a lie of secracy. Remember, when Obi-wan says this he doesn't know Leia is in danger, or about the plans to the Death Star. He doesn't know anything dire is going on. He is still in "hiding out mode."

TheAnimal
maybe ob1 said the line cause he didnt wanna remember the duel that killed the good in anakin.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
Years ago before they even made the PT I always took that line, and the tone of voice he used with it, to be a "lie." Not a blatant lie for the sake of deceiving someone but more of a hiding the truth kind of a lie.... a lie of secracy. Remember, when Obi-wan says this he doesn't know Leia is in danger, or about the plans to the Death Star. He doesn't know anything dire is going on. He is still in "hiding out mode."

That's how I always took it as well, especially after the PT.

Torik_Shai
Originally posted by Lazerlike42

This could be true. There is something about the small smile on his face and the way he says "Very interesting."

shoodowopwop
macgeek, i was suggstign that i was jsut referencing to a question i had bt ok. lazerlike i agrre with you on some of that but if hes trying to get luke to come with hime why wouldnt he reveal that he was working side by sie with the droid during the clone wars

kashmircat
Originally posted by macgeek2005
Please.. oh please.... Mr. Lucas, remake the OT. completely, with new actors, story, everything.

What the f**k?

shoodowopwop
sry a lot of typos on the last one:
macgeek, i wasn't suggesting that gl remake the ot i was just asking a question i had but ok. lazerlike i agree with you on some of that but if hes trying to get luke to come with him why wouldnt he reveal that he was working side by side with the droid during the clone wars?

Ken Kenobi

Who agrees macgeek needs to be taken out back and put out of his misery?

Dude...that's blasphemy for ANY Star Wars fan.

kashmircat
no arguments from me...

shoodowopwop
torik, i guess ill have to watch it again, i never realized the smile

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by shoodowopwop
sry a lot of typos on the last one:
macgeek, i wasn't suggesting that gl remake the ot i was just asking a question i had but ok. lazerlike i agree with you on some of that but if hes trying to get luke to come with him why wouldnt he reveal that he was working side by side with the droid during the clone wars?

He doesn't start trying to get Luke to come with him until after the message, which is after he says he doesn't remember it. He probably wasn't planning on taking Luke along with him until he saw that message.

This may also lead into the "why doesn't Obi-wan or Yoda train Luke and Leia" question.... perhaps they weren't planning on it at all and just letting the rebellion handle things, but Obi-wan realizes the rebellion is about to be destroyed and he has to do something, which is why he starts to train Luke. confused

Jedi Priestess

wtf Ok that tears it, you need professional help.

shoodowopwop
yea but i kinda doubt that yoda and obi wan were gonna let the last of the jedi just be a moisture farmer. i think ben planned on training luke from the very beginning. i do believe you on the whole droid thing however, i guess i just didnt pay close attention to it

Jedi Priestess
Look, Obi-Wan is known for telling things from a certain point of view for one thing. And secondly, he didnt own either 3P0 or R2, they belonged to the Skywalkers.

shoodowopwop
yea but they were important character in the new movies and obi wan definitely interacted with them

Torik_Shai
But as JP said, he never owned them. And the quote is, "I don't remember ever *owning* a droid," when he may very well perfectly remember Artoo. That does actually sound like something Obi-Wan would say, telling the truth but maybe not the whole truth.

Jedi Priestess
That doesnt mean he owned them and the line is "I dont remember ever owning a droid."

shoodowopwop
true

Lazerlike42
I agree

shoodowopwop
thanks for clarifying that

Batman316
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
That doesnt mean he owned them and the line is "I dont remember ever owning a droid."

thumb up <-- apparently there isn't a smilie that nods other than Mr Rockon rock

Morridini
Originally posted by Batman316
thumb up <-- apparently there isn't a smilie that nods other than Mr Rockon rock

Actualy, there is yes

Camo Di Mass
The whole " I don't remember owning a droid " is part of Obi's big plan of not telling Luke about dark past of his family . I'm sure he remembered Artoo and C-3PO . Maybe he even knew that Artoo's memory wasn't erased , it could have been a tip for Artoo , not to say anything about what happened many years ago .

If he would say "Oh I remember this droid , we fought together in the Clone Wars and so did your father " and Luke would say " My Father ?! Artoo what do you know about my father , please tell me everything " and there would be some bipping and then C-3PO would start translating " He was a great Jedi but now he is .....Darth Vader " and Obi Wan would just slap himself in the face because Luke would be affraid to go anywhere and the whole OT would end after 20 minutes .

Mist
Originally posted by Camo Di Mass
The whole " I don't remember owning a droid " is part of Obi's big plan of not telling Luke about dark past of his family . I'm sure he remembered Artoo and C-3PO . Maybe he even knew that Artoo's memory wasn't erased , it could have been a tip for Artoo , not to say anything about what happened many years ago .

i was about to say the very same thing big grin

kinda like stopping luke from questioning artoo about the past....but why couldnt they have just erased artoos memory?

maybe obi is following the lines of the jedi code, about not having attachments? just 'forgets' certains things?

smoker4
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Who agrees macgeek needs to be taken out back and put out of his misery?

Dude...that's blasphemy for ANY Star Wars fan.

I would like to volunteer for this job happy

Mist
i would like to volunteer to hold him down whilst you proceed in doing any harm you see fithappy

smoker4
http://www.my-smileys.de/smileys2/5_1_125.gif

Texansfan05
I also think Obi-Wan was hiding the truth I don't think he would have forgotten R2-D2

Batman316
Originally posted by Morridini
Actualy, there is yes

yes yes yes I knew he had to be there somewhere but for the life of me I think I had a macgeek moment

JediStang
Artoo isn't the only blue astromech in the galaxy. Notice that Luke doesn't say Artoo's number/name to Obi-Wan. He only goes into "serious mode" after he views Leia's message.... When Obi-Wan first tells that to Luke, he is still in exile, and doesn't want to reminisce about the past. Once he sees the message, he knows that it is time for Luke to fufill his destiny.

JediStang
Originally posted by smoker4
I would like to volunteer for this job happy

YES HE DESERVES TO DIE, AND I HOPE HE BURNS IN HELL!

-Samuel L. Jackson

smoker4
http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/chappellesshow/showclips.jhtml?startIndex=25

Click the SLJ one, ROFLMFAO laughing laughing laughing

Red Superfly

I have two words for this. The same two words I have used in this situation for quite some time.

"Clown" and "shoes".

El_NINO
This is probably off topic but why is there anger between the lars family against Obi-Wan?? Besides having left a child to them for no reason?

Lazerlike42
maybe he didn't change their diapers before he dropped them off?

Morridini
Originally posted by El_NINO
This is probably off topic but why is there anger between the lars family against Obi-Wan?? Besides having left a child to them for no reason?

I don't think they are really angry at Ben, only afraid. They have had Luke for about 20 yeas then and have come to love him as their son. And knowing that Ben had been on crazy adventures with Anakin maybe made them afraid that he would take luke away from them and perhaps get him killed etc. So they were basically just protecting parents.

KellySedai
Originally posted by shoodowopwop
Hey, sorry if this has already been posted but im new so i havent exaclty looked at all of them. in anh, ben claims he doesnt remeber ever owning a droid, in reference to artoo. Considering hes been on adventures with artoo before, how did this happen

All I'm saying is: "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. "

He certainly never owned R2D2. So the above quote would be correct, from a certain point of view. That is to say, Obi-wan is a big liar.

KellySedai
Originally posted by El_NINO

Let's not forget that Obi-wan's apprentice became Darth Vader, and that the Lars family probably were well aquainted with that.

ShadowKing
In the same theme, "Ben Kenobi" seems seriously rocked on his heels when he hears the name of Obi-Wan from Luke, as if that name had been wiped from his memory or as if it were a memory trigger, a way to re-involve him in the battle against the empire. It wasn't like he went out of his way for twenty years, preparing to face the Empire again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.