Would you watch Harry Potter if the main characters were replaced?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gen. Grevious
Well as many of you have probably heard Emma,Rupert,and Daniel will not be in the next Harry Potter movie,just wondering what your thoughts on this are? and would you go and see the new movie if they werent in it? I for one wouldnt as i was quite annoyed when the actor who played Dumbledore passed away and a new one replaced him,but having the main actors gone would be just too weird.

spidergrl
I would watch it, but it wouldn't be the same.

The first 4 movies were made by Emma, Rupert and Dan ..... It just wouldn't be the same with new characters....

sephiroth rules
let us have a moment's silence for the passing of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore...............................now about the movie it would be absolutely crap if they changed the people but they'll hav no choice......i'll just see it anyway i hope they dont change emma she's hot

spidergrl
Lets get over the fact that Emma's hot, I think we found that out in over 100 thread already roll eyes (sarcastic)

I would hate to see them go, but as you said ..... they have no choice really. Well Emma can prob stay because she's still like the same, but the others are just going to be like grown men by the time they make OoTP

Gen. Grevious
Haha yeah they will be like 35 by the time they finish the last movie.and Emma is really hot!!!droolio

The Ones
your wrong. daniel is going to be in the 5th movie. not sure about the others though

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=9448

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by Gen. Grevious
Well as many of you have probably heard Emma,Rupert,and Daniel will not be in the next Harry Potter movie,just wondering what your thoughts on this are? and would you go and see the new movie if they werent in it? I for one wouldnt as i was quite annoyed when the actor who played Dumbledore passed away and a new one replaced him,but having the main actors gone would be just too weird.

If you means the actors then yes I would.JM

Crazy 4 Rupert
Do u mean dat they wont b in bthe 5th film ? sad no

lilmisskitten
Dude it would suck if they wernt in it the new actors could try but i doubt they would compare

Jackie Malfoy
That is true but maybe t he new actors have better acting skulls then the old ones.JM

tigress
id watch it but it wouldnt be the same

Gen. Grevious
Thanks The Ones for informing me of that cause i was told none of them would be in the next movie,but i still reckon the film would suck.I wonder why Daniel's gonna still be in it? i suppose cause he has the leading role.

sephiroth rules
everyone has such nice sigs...... all i hav is a phrase.....sad

Gen. Grevious
Well get a sig,i definently recommend Twelling4Ever,and i love Star Wars!!!!!!

Draco69
They can replace whoever they want (preferably Draco Malfoy) but they had better not replace the Big Three.

pinkduckie
It would not be the same at all. I am sure that people will still go and watch the movies but still, no one will beable to give the looks Ron gives when he is unsure about something, or grimmus look herminone gives when ron ticks her off.. or the way harry looks when he thinks everyone is out to get him... none of it will be the same. I will go to the movies but i will not be the fan i am now if the kids change.

Gen. Grevious
Sorry to say but two of the big three are gonna go

RoguePw25
I don't think I would be that all into it. I know the actors are growing up for real in real life, but they ARE Harry, Ron and Hermione. I can't see someone else playing those parts, I just can't.

Gen. Grevious
Yeah i totally agree.

sephiroth rules
yeah..........it would totally completely suck but if you've got an image in your head (even if its distorted by the actors) you can just imagine harry hermione and ron-or you can just look up hp fanfic pics

strawberryfeild
i wouldnt watch it...Daniel,Rupert and Emma are PERFECT for the part............Happy Dancebunny

radioboy121
I miss Richard Harris as Dumbledore. It didn't seem right without him (not that anything could be done about that). I'm not a Ron fan, but I think he's a little more irreplaceable than the other two main characters.

sephiroth rules
yeah they can replace other characters but not the trio, hagrid or villains (draco, lucius etc)

Gen. Grevious
I hate it if they replaced Hagrid, robbie is the bomb,and Lucious is good as well but draco nah!

GothicalWishes
I barely watch them as it is... They are badly made and contradictiory to each other within the directors change.... they are bad and they have ruined my whole perspective of the characters

wickivicki
Yes!

I would see it. Although, I hope they would be more open-minded about the cast, and not insist on it being all British. There are many other fine actors out there who could also do a great job.

wick

alberto8159
I would watch it I'd compare alot and stuff but replacements usually suck.I mean look at the new dumbldor hes nothing like dumbldor all through out PoA this guy looked evil and mean and stuff and whats with tying up the beard.

NightCrawler341
I would watch it, but wouldn't be satisfied with it. Like Alberto said, look at the new Dumbledore, it was nothing like the old one, and was very easy to tell it was different, but I would watch it to at least try and enjoy it somewhat.

joelsef
If they replaced Emma, Rupert, or Dan, like everyone else said, I would probly watch it, but wouldn't get as much out of it. Order of the Phoenix will no doubt be the coolest movie of them all, and not having the 3 main characters, or two of them at least, would totally suck. i can't even remember the days reading HP before the movies came out. Everyone had their own version of what everyone in the books looked like, but the movies have given us people to visualize when we read the books. I don't even want to think about replacing them. It's too depressing. sad

NightCrawler341
I don't think it will really happen. Well, Emma and Dan are pretty much safe for now, but Rupert, being the oldest, is running a chance now.

babysooner13

They had no choice. Either never make another HP movie again, or make one with a new actor. Plus, If no one heard that the old D died, then who would've seen the difference? Yeah, I am totally against the whole thing. NOT THE SAME CAST!? I am so mad. I would either not watch it, watch it and forget it, or stop being a fan of it all.

Director_Joe
It seems that they're in a bit of a tight spot... In my opinion, changing the core characters is a horrible idea... WAY to noticable and it'd be quite embarassing...

What they need to do is stop dilly dattling and get a move in with the priciple photography for the 5th book... they need to keep filming these before the characters turn out being three years older then what they're suposed to be...

As soon as they're done with one shoot, give em two months off, then move on to the next... They should've thought about this long before shooting the first film... Changing the characters would be a disgrace to the film industry and to the Potter books... I just hope these people know what they're doing...

Amaya
It wouldn't be the same. They make the character work well. I think they were all casted well and the new actors will have big shoes to fill. I can't see anyone else playing Ron. He's too original and he has made the character his own. Nobody else will be able to bring Ron to life quite like Rupert did and has.

MalonSalon
it wouldnt b the same....those lot r funny teens, they remnd me of me and my mates rolling on floor laughing

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by Director_Joe
It seems that they're in a bit of a tight spot... In my opinion, changing the core characters is a horrible idea... WAY to noticable and it'd be quite embarassing...

What they need to do is stop dilly dattling and get a move in with the priciple photography for the 5th book... they need to keep filming these before the characters turn out being three years older then what they're suposed to be...

As soon as they're done with one shoot, give em two months off, then move on to the next... They should've thought about this long before shooting the first film... Changing the characters would be a disgrace to the film industry and to the Potter books... I just hope these people know what they're doing... You got to understand that the actors have lives two. I know, they signed a contract and are to do this all, but two months break isn't much. You got to get it from the actors and actresses views.

Anoushka
yeah that's true but think about it.they knew what was coming...
it's a contraversial (sp?) topic,i admit,but that's the thing about hollywood..once you're there,you kinda end up having not much of a life (esp during shooting)..

i agree with DJ.i think they ought to have done it LOTR style.it does have it's bad points though.with LOTR,they were damn lucky it came out well all three times.judgin from the 1st HP movie,if they'd filmed it in such short spans,without finding out the fans' opinions in btn,all the movies have a high possibility of being screwed up.

it's a risky business yes

revolution_man
go to imdb.com and you will see that dan, emma, and rupert have all signed on to do a fifth movie...so has jason issacs who plays lucius...nothing to worry about

ickeris2003
I dont know if you have heard but they are going to be in the 5th film. shooting starts next yr.

hk_*^^*
i would watch it but it would b kinda..different

hk_*^^*
Originally posted by revolution_man
go to imdb.com and you will see that dan, emma, and rupert have all signed on to do a fifth movie...so has jason issacs who plays lucius...nothing to worry about

oh awesum!!

NightCrawler341
Originally posted by ickeris2003
I dont know if you have heard but they are going to be in the 5th film. shooting starts next yr. Next year? Are you serious? Ok, I said two months aren't enough but sixth is kind of long. That can effect a lot, I think even the actors realize that.

Director_Joe
That's what I'm saying'... 6 months?! Crazy... I do understand that they need time off, every one does, but they also need to think about the films... That's where their allegiance should lie. W/o the films, none of them would be where they are today...

they should film the last three like the LotR was (as mentioned before) they'll just get too old for the parts... and switching the characters for the last two films would cause a HP fan upheaval...

Oh well, they need to make up their minds about how things are going to get done around there or they're going to be running into bigger problems then just in the casting...

-Joe

ladygrim
i would but i probably wont stop complaining afterwards laughing out loud

Darth Nauj
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
Next year? Are you serious? Ok, I said two months aren't enough but sixth is kind of long. That can effect a lot, I think even the actors realize that.

yes i read this at www.comingsoon.net very cool site. I also read that daniel is going to start filming a new movie also like in dec. so i guess he is going to be filming both films at the same time. just check it out..

NightCrawler341
Ok, Dan can't balance two movies, esp. one as big as HP.
That's what I'm saying'... 6 months?! Crazy... I do understand that they need time off, every one does, but they also need to think about the films... That's where their allegiance should lie. W/o the films, none of them would be where they are today...

they should film the last three like the LotR was (as mentioned before) they'll just get too old for the parts... and switching the characters for the last two films would cause a HP fan upheaval...

Oh well, they need to make up their minds about how things are going to get done around there or they're going to be running into bigger problems then just in the casting...

-Joe

And I think they could be where they are today in the acting business... ok, maybe not now but later in life.

Director_Joe
Ok, Dan can't balance two movies, esp. one as big as HP.

And I think they could be where they are today in the acting business... ok, maybe not now but later in life.

Yeah that's why I wrote "the wouldn't be where they are today "

NightCrawler341
Or would they. You never know. O.O

sugar&sweet
Well as many of you have probably heard Emma,Rupert,and Daniel will not be in the next Harry Potter movie,just wondering what your thoughts on this are? and would you go and see the new movie if they werent in it?
i wud still watch it but i think i wudnt like the film as much as i do now wiv the same characters.

TheSun
I hope they change actors, I meant they weren't exactly shining with talent were they.

NightCrawler341
Seriously, how'd you get back in, weren't you banned?

TheSun
Seriously, how'd you get back in, weren't you banned?
Only for a few days.. surely noone can take offence to the comment I just posted???

NightCrawler341
No, but I wanna know why, WHY, they would only ban you for a few days and not longer... as you can tell, I dun like you very much.

TheSun
No, but I wanna know why, WHY, they would only ban you for a few days and not longer... as you can tell, I dun like you very much.
That's really surprising. I assume that I'm not banned totally because I didn't do anything terribly wrong. Just expressed my opinions a tad forcefully.

NightCrawler341
Theres the understatement of the year.

TheSun
Theres the understatement of the year.
Do you have a point, or are you just going to keep on having a go at me. Against the rules you know.

NightCrawler341
Then conversation ending. Back to subject.

TheSun
Then conversation ending. Back to subject.
Excellent.

Director_Joe
Originally posted by TheSun
That's really surprising. I assume that I'm not banned totally because I didn't do anything terribly wrong. Just expressed my opinions a tad forcefully.

I disagree entirely... Now, Dan isn't perfect but I think that's as good as an actor you can get for that part. Rupert is hilarious and fits Ron's motif perfectly. And Emma fits Hermione's roll as if the part were made for her... Changing the main characters now (even if it is in your opinion that they are bad actors) would be an embarrassment to the entire series.

TheSun
I disagree entirely... Now, Dan isn't perfect but I think that's as good as an actor you can get for that part. Rupert is hilarious and fits Ron's motif perfectly. And Emma fits Hermione's roll as if the part were made for her... Changing the main characters now (even if it is in your opinion that they are bad actors) would be an embarrassment to the entire series.
I assume you quoted the wrong text? Anyway, I don't think Dan is a great actor, Rupert has two facial expressions, the slightly bemused look and the one where he is terrified, and his mouth expands so he looks like a frog, and Emma overacts absolutely everything in the series. I hope that some decent actors are found and replace the current ones.

Hermione202
I strongly disagree.Like Director_joe said Dan isn't perfect be hes good enough.Rupert is an excellet actor,in my opinion.He matches Ron Perfectly.He does his expressions well.Emma,I must admit , isn't the best actor but she still ok and she is perfect for the roll as Hermione.

Director_Joe
I assume you quoted the wrong text? Anyway, I don't think Dan is a great actor, Rupert has two facial expressions, the slightly bemused look and the one where he is terrified, and his mouth expands so he looks like a frog, and Emma overacts absolutely everything in the series. I hope that some decent actors are found and replace the current ones.

My mistake, I did quote the wrong text... So, I'd say that we agree that Dan isn't great. However I do think he's increasing his acting abilities as the films progress.

Now, I don't see why you have to go and insult the way Rupert looks when he makes Ron's facial expressions. It's very insulting and I thought we were discussing their acting abilities not their appearances... And I think he acts as Ron perfectly... The best of the trio if you ask me.

As for Emma... I wouldn't necessarily say she over acts everything... She's acting the part the way it's written in the book (I'm assuming you read them). She's very uptight in the first one but then becomes slightly more layed back as they progress... She really is doing a fine job...

Personally, I think replacing the actors would be a horrible move on the filmmakers parts. Yes, they are getting to be a little older but so what? Filmmakers use older actors to play younger people all the time in Hollywood... They just need to start filming a tad bit faster so the actors aren't 25 (sarcasm) when filming the last movie...

TheSun
My mistake, I did quote the wrong text... So, I'd say that we agree that Dan isn't great. However I do think he's increasing his acting abilities as the films progress.

Now, I don't see why you have to go and insult the way Rupert looks when he makes Ron's facial expressions. It's very insulting and I thought we were discussing their acting abilities not their appearances... And I think he acts as Ron perfectly... The best of the trio if you ask me.

As for Emma... I wouldn't necessarily say she over acts everything... She's acting the part the way it's written in the book (I'm assuming you read them). She's very uptight in the first one but then becomes slightly more layed back as they progress... She really is doing a fine job...

Personally, I think replacing the actors would be a horrible move on the filmmakers parts. Yes, they are getting to be a little older but so what? Filmmakers use older actors to play younger people all the time in Hollywood... They just need to start filming a tad bit faster so the actors aren't 25 (sarcasm) when filming the last movie...
I wasn't insulting Rupert personally, the point was that as an actor he should surely have more than 2 facial expressions, one of them looking ridiculous.

Hermione202
You should'nt insult Rupert so.I agree with Director_Joe that Rupert is the best of the Trio

i_luv_ron
no way!
i dont know how ill b able to watch d film if there is no Rupert. i luv ron!
sad

Cedric32
I would be so pissed if they did that. They cant! The movies would suck if daniel, rupert, and emma werent in them. I would probably still watch them...but hate it. I think I would cry. Replacing them would just be downright stupid. I think if daniel, rupert, or emma decide not to do the movie, then they should just not shoot the movies at all. You cant just switch characters as big as that and expect it to be just as good of a movie. This makes me mad!

Kella
Yes, I would watch it, but the books would still be my favorite and I would still picture Daniel, Emma, and Rupert. They are the true characters for Harry Potter. They just can't be replaced...it would be a really bad marketing move....really bad.

TheSun
Originally posted by Kella
Yes, I would watch it, but the books would still be my favorite and I would still picture Daniel, Emma, and Rupert. They are the true characters for Harry Potter. They just can't be replaced...it would be a really bad marketing move....really bad.
But surely they should give some other young actors a chance. I daresay they could find better actors easily, plus you don't know if you'd hate it until you actually experienced it. Besides, the movies are pretty rubbish anyway.

Kella
Of course the movies do not even begin to compare to the books, but I still enjoy them. I'm not saying that they couldn't find better actors. I didn't even say I would hate it. I'm just saying that Daniel, Emma, and Rupert are the faces of the characters in the minds of almost everyone that has been into the Harry Potter book/movie phenomenon.

To replace them so deep into the series is just...a hard transition for many fans. I can't think it would be so widely accepted that the characters we knew suddenly weren't who we knew. Of course I would still see the movies. I love the stories, but without the actors that we are accustomed to...it would be strange to see.

That's all I'm trying to say. It would be strange, but people still love the story...so I think many people would go see the movie, but it may get a lot of critisizm.

kaidaboo
i knew they would eventually have to replace them they screwed up by not filming each film right after the other ..if only they did wut lord of the rings did we wouldnt be having this discusion and emma isnt hott she looks like a little girl ill admit shes a cutie bute to ladle her hott thats wrong shes not even fully developed..if you know wut i mean..angelina jolie is hott..theres a big difference between her and emma..sry to burst your bubble guys but just compare the two for your self and maybe ull see my point

Director_Joe
Originally posted by kaidaboo
i knew they would eventually have to replace them they screwed up by not filming each film right after the other ..if only they did wut lord of the rings did we wouldnt be having this discusion and emma isnt hott she looks like a little girl ill admit shes a cutie bute to ladle her hott thats wrong shes not even fully developed..if you know wut i mean..angelina jolie is hott..theres a big difference between her and emma..sry to burst your bubble guys but just compare the two for your self and maybe ull see my point
Where the hell did that last part come from??? Back to what's important.

It's really not about "sharing the wealth" if you take my meaning. It's about keeping the movies consistent. You can't go through 4 or 5 movies with the same three MAIN characters then BAM! Switch em for the last three films with younger and obviously different looking people.
It's really just not in the cards.

As far as your opinion of the movies go: keep it to yourself. Yeah yeah, we all have our opinions but I really don't think any one here cares to read the garbage you're posting. The films are not as bad as you say they are. On the contrary, they're getting better and better as are the books.

TheSun
Where the hell did that last part come from??? Back to what's important.

It's really not about "sharing the wealth" if you take my meaning. It's about keeping the movies consistent. You can't go through 4 or 5 movies with the same three MAIN characters then BAM! Switch em for the last three films with younger and obviously different looking people.
It's really just not in the cards.

As far as your opinion of the movies go: keep it to yourself. Yeah yeah, we all have our opinions but I really don't think any one here cares to read the garbage you're posting. The films are not as bad as you say they are. On the contrary, they're getting better and better as are the books.
Why did you have to post that insulting bit on the end? Member bashing surely isn't allowed here. I personally don't believe the movies are very good at all. How on earth is that 'garbage'?

Director_Joe
Why did you have to post that insulting bit on the end? Member bashing surely isn't allowed here. I personally don't believe the movies are very good at all. How on earth is that 'garbage'?

Are you seriously telling me not to be bashing members when its apparent that you piss off nearly every one here? Okay so that's your opinion, great. Don't express it in a way that's insulting to other members. That's just as bad as bashing them.

Cedric32
I loved the first and second movies, but the third one...not so much. I mean its harry potter, so of corse i still loved it and watched it a bazilian times but it was disappointing to me. It seemed to go by really fast, and there wasnt enough story. There weren't enough class scenes. And what was up with that random bridge? The grounds didnt look anything like they did before.
The forth one looks awsome though, I cant wait till it comes out. Rupert and Daniel look so grown up and 'hot'. tehe
When I first saw it on previews I was flippin out, I was so excited! It looks so friggin good!

TheSun
Are you seriously telling me not to be bashing members when its apparent that you piss off nearly every one here? Okay so that's your opinion, great. Don't express it in a way that's insulting to other members. That's just as bad as bashing them.
I said, 'The movies are pretty rubbish anyway'. Who did I insult? I think you need to check your attitude and your language, and chill out a bit.

Kella
Whoa...no fighting guys!

I didn't take offense. It was a remark made on something I said and I replied honestly...do not start a fight in here please. No sharp comments or sarcastic backlashing... just agree to disagree.

Director_Joe
I said, 'The movies are pretty rubbish anyway'. Who did I insult? I think you need to check your attitude and your language, and chill out a bit.

Well you sure as hell insulted me. Maybe as a director of film I can appreciate the hard work and countless hours that go into making movies. Now I'll ask nicely because I don't want you getting your panties in a ruffle: Please do not ask me to 'check my attitude and laguage' because I'll be damned before I do anything you tell me to.

Back to things of greater importance: I've said it before and I'll say it again. It would be an embarasment to the filmmakers if they don't keep the same three core characters. It just wouldn't be right and the audience would focus on the wrong things at the wrong time.

For example: (hypitetically speaking) we're watching a rather large wizarding fight that Harry is included in but we can't focus on it because we're wondering who this kid is? What did he do with the REAL Harry Potter? How did he get so much smaller then he was in the last film?

This are questions that have the potential of ruining series.

-Joe

TheSun
Well you sure as hell insulted me. Maybe as a director of film I can appreciate the hard work and countless hours that go into making movies. Now I'll ask nicely because I don't want you getting your panties in a ruffle: Please do not ask me to 'check my attitude and laguage' because I'll be damned before I do anything you tell me to.

Back to things of greater importance: I've said it before and I'll say it again. It would be an embarasment to the filmmakers if they don't keep the same three core characters. It just wouldn't be right and the audience would focus on the wrong things at the wrong time.

For example: (hypitetically speaking) we're watching a rather large wizarding fight that Harry is included in but we can't focus on it because we're wondering who this kid is? What did he do with the REAL Harry Potter? How did he get so much smaller then he was in the last film?

This are questions that have the potential of ruining series.

-Joe
Unless movie directors are perfect, some of their work is bound to be disppointing. I found the HP movies disappointing. Did I insult your masterpieces? Stop trying to cause an argument.

ladygrim
no expression

Director_Joe
Originally posted by ladygrim
no expression

My point exactly...

GoldenWitchy1
THERE"S NO WAY ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET I WOULD GO SEE IT, THEY CAN"T REPLACE THE FACES WE HAVE COEM TO KNOW AND LOVE AS OUR DEAREST HERMIONE, RON, HARRY, DRACO, AND ALL OTHER MAIN CHARACTERS AND SUCH! IT WOULDN"T BE THE SAME AND IT WOULD RUIN IT! PLUS IT WOULD MAKE THE PLOT HARD TO FOLLOW BECAUSE YOU WOULDN'T KNOW WHO WAS WHAT CHARACTER UNLESS THEY KEPT ADDNIG THE NAMES OF THE PERSON INTO THE SENTENCE! I WON'T ALLOW IT!

I am glad that Dan is staying on for the fifth at least, we get to see his all extremely angry in dumbledore's office and yelling and smashing things!!! that will be so hot!!! I can't wait!

GoldenWitchy1
Unless movie directors are perfect, some of their work is bound to be disppointing. I found the HP movies disappointing. Did I insult your masterpieces? Stop trying to cause an argument.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you, sicne oyu're both right. Joe DOES need to check his attitude and language, but you DID insult all the people that wroked on harry Potter, take to mnid the actors and actresses, the camera cre, the special affects crew, the director, the writers. You know, these ARE based on the books, and saying the movies are rubbish when J.K is quoted saying how great they are, is knid of insulting her as well, in a way. But you're right, he is being too harsh and needs to check his bad attitude and watch his foul motuh whiel he's here. You're both right.

TheSun
Originally posted by GoldenWitchy1
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with either of you, sicne oyu're both right. Joe DOES need to check his attitude and language, but you DID insult all the people that wroked on harry Potter, take to mnid the actors and actresses, the camera cre, the special affects crew, the director, the writers. You know, these ARE based on the books, and saying the movies are rubbish when J.K is quoted saying how great they are, is knid of insulting her as well, in a way. But you're right, he is being too harsh and needs to check his bad attitude and watch his foul motuh whiel he's here. You're both right.
I'm not going to change my opinion just because someone finds it insulting.

the_spyder1125
comeon people they're allready 15 or 16 they're not going to change much more...

and even if did change, the 7th book is already written, so the the movies can't be too far away

they could do them all at the same time like the lord of the rings movies and then release them at different times

TheSun
Originally posted by the_spyder1125
comeon people they're allready 15 or 16 they're not going to change much more...

and even if did change, the 7th book is already written, so the the movies can't be too far away

they could do them all at the same time like the lord of the rings movies and then release them at different times
The 7th book isn't written.

Saberstylemasta
This question reminds me of the James bond movies. Even though they changed the actors, they still watched the movies, and I believe that will happen also with HP

(horrible grammer)

Director_Joe
I'm not going to change my opinion just because someone finds it insulting.

I think I'm sideing with you on that one... oh, btw Sorry if I was being harsh before an all... I tend to "over-enforce" my opinions... I agree that you shouldn't change your views just cause people don't like them...

But back to the subject... eh, I see where you're comming from bout the whole James Bond thing and I supose you're right. People would still go and see them and so would I. Though I still believe that it would give me somewhat of an uneasy feeling while watching tthe movies... I'd perfer it if they'd just stick with the people they have now...

devinedarkangel
I think they will all still be in movie 5 n 6 n 7 becuase I dont think JKROWLING is going to take that big of a risk. And when the 7th movie ends they should all be around 18 not 35 jeez...

TinkrBellBaBii
wait .. where are you guys getting this information from? i only heard a rumor that emma may not be in the 5th movie, but i later heard that it was false and that all of the characters will complete the series. now im not so sure since all u guys are talking about it ...

but to answer the question if ill watch harry potter if the main characters were replaced, i think my answer is yes but with much devestation sad ... ya know, just to see how it turns out w/out them.

Court Radcliffe
I would watch. but be really sad cause dan is sexy!! sad

GraciePoo
i agree with director joe. they would be fools to recast them. so what, they are a tiny bit older...its not a big deal. older people play younger people in movies all the time. example: alicia silverstone in clueless, molly ringwald in the breakfast club, julia stiles in save the last dance, the whole cast of friends. i really dont think that its that big of a deal, remember, harry is getting older in the books too, they arent staying at the same age! I couldnt even tell that rupert grint is that much older than ron, the same with tom felton and draco. i really think that they could pull it off no problem.

The Sun - I think there acting is getting better, it improves each movie!

jinxiao
I wouldn't watch it ,because I watch the Harry is the main actor is Daniel

div
can i just say tht jk rowling doesnt have alot of involvement in the movies!! she was against the ideas at first but warner brothers have the rights to harry potter so she has no will power to say no she only really gets consulted if they want to change the script a bit so that its different in the books

hotsauce6548
Sure I would. I might not like them as much, but I would still go to see the movies.

And anyway, I thought I read somewhere that the actor who plays Harry is definetly coming back for #5, while the actors that play Ron and Hermione are still negotiating.

LiveAndLetDie
Originally posted by Court Radcliffe
I would watch. but be really sad cause dan is sexy!! sad
Please tell me that`s not the only reason why you wouldn`t want him to be switched out.

I think if they switched them out, I would go see them just because I love the books so much.
It would be a poor desicion on the filmakers part, so I basically agree with director_joe. It`s not so much the acting that we`ll miss, it`ll be there faces. Dan, Rupert, and Emma are Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by LiveAndLetDie
Please tell me that`s not the only reason why you wouldn`t want him to be switched out.

I think if they switched them out, I would go see them just because I love the books so much.
It would be a poor desicion on the filmakers part, so I basically agree with director_joe. It`s not so much the acting that we`ll miss, it`ll be there faces. Dan, Rupert, and Emma are Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

Not when they are thirty years old for the seventh movie, where they are supposed to be 17. stick out tongue

LiveAndLetDie
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Not when they are thirty years old for the seventh movie, where they are supposed to be 17. stick out tongue
lol, true. laughing

kanis
starwars I wouldn't because Daniel, Emma, Rupert and the rest of the cast make the film great and it wouldn't be the same without them anyway a lot of girls will be an mass uproar if daniel was axed from the movie.

Director_Joe
Originally posted by hotsauce6548

I highly doubt it'll get that bad (though I did pick up on your sarcasm). At the absolute worst the main characters will reach 19 by the 7th film.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Gen. Grievous
Sorry to say but two of the big three are gonna go
Are you sure:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0373889/

Creshosk
I highly doubt it'll get that bad (though I did pick up on your sarcasm). At the absolute worst the main characters will reach 19 by the 7th film. Michael J. Fox was 24 when he was playing a teenager in Back to the Future.

Director_Joe
Originally posted by Creshosk
Michael J. Fox was 24 when he was playing a teenager in Back to the Future.

Yeah, I have no problem with the actors being older then their characters... I think it would be unwise to switch the actors now...

Potter124
Hey Everyone!

Potter124
If the Cast of Harry Potter changed I WOULD NOT WATCH THE MOVIES! I don't care how much older they are than there characters I just want them to always stay the same. If the characters changed I would only read the books and not see any of the movies. There is only one Harry Potter, Hermonie, and Ron to me.

Potter124
BuhBi

Unicor777
I will watch the movies, I think that the books are what matter and the reson why the movies are so popular

RoguePw25
Originally posted by Potter124
Hey Everyone!

Potter124, please try to add something to the conversation and not just write "hi everyone" and "bye" this isn't the first thread that you've done this in. Please stop. smile

Tired Hiker
I'd still watch it for sure. I thought the Dumbledore replacement was acceptable. With no disrespect to the first Dumbledore, I think the second one is better. If the casting is done right, which I'm sure it will be, the next set of actors will probably be quite likable.

The Phantom
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
I'd still watch it for sure. I thought the Dumbledore replacement was acceptable. With no disrespect to the first Dumbledore, I think the second one is better. If the casting is done right, which I'm sure it will be, the next set of actors will probably be quite likable. If there will be a new set.

Tired Hiker
Originally posted by The Phantom
If there will be a new set.

I would be surprised if there wasn't. I mean Ron and Harry look like a couple of British rock stars as it is. I thought it worked for this film, but they seem to be growing to fast for their roles. Hermione still looked young, though.

Luna150
I would be a little disapointed if rupert and emma got replaced but i would probably cheer if Dan got replaced. I still have no idea why they casted someone as talentless as him to play harry potter. Maybe he is getting better, that's not really the point.

I don't picture any of the trio in my mind when i read harry. Well maybe emma and rupert a little bit.

Prince Nauj
I dont remember were the heck I read this but it is confirmed by daniel himself he is doing the whole series. I dont really mind if they replace emma I just dont like her playing hermione since the beginning

Paranoid Pyro
I hope they don't replace the actors. When I read the books I see Dan, Rupert and Emma in my imagination. If they change it I know a lot of fans would be dissapointed and wouldn't watch the movies. Who cares if they look a bit older than they are. Personally, I don't even think that they do. I just hope they will be sticking with the trio from the first movies.

div
Emma and Daniel are going to do the first series the main thing is that neither of them have said that they wouldn't be doing it but its only speculation, Rupert said he would like to get into some other films outside Harry Potter , but i think he will continue with the series

Julie
sure....I'd watch more....it might not be the same...and Rupert would be a fool to let that much money go flying away

bubbles33
i'd still watch them but it wont be the same and it'll look weird having two different characters playing harry on the covers for 1 and 7

noelluvspotter
I dont think you could replace Daniel Radcliffe or Rupert Grint and get the same movie i know if i hate the actor i hate the movie so i think "your medeling in things that you oht not be medeling in." but on the other hand hermione or Emma Watson if she was replaced with someone else i think the movie would be even more injoyable did you know that Emma Watson had to try out so many times before they finally let her have the job they were not planning on having her as hermione but hey you do what you got to do.

Princess Lyla
None of them could be replaced, though I think Rupert looks older than the others and it's really starting to show that he's not 14 in GoF

JustinWatson040
Hi......Emma Watson is way TOOO hot to be replaced. Also it wouldent be the same with a new harry and a new Ron. I have proof that the say 3 will be in the 5'th movie

JustinWatson040
the link wont work till i am not such a new user. but it clearly says that all 3 actors will still be playing in OoTP. i know it is true cause it is bring releced in 2007. (they couldent have aged that much in that time)

melinda_warren
theres nothing anyone cn do if they dont want to be in it anymore thats there choice but i mean how different is it doin to be? sad

iluvsirius
yeah but i just dont buy the thing that they will be all grown up! has anyone seen the O.C? theyre like twentysomething and they look like 18 year olds!!! so KEEP THEM IN ALL THE SAME MOVIES!!

PS: just change sirius and make him more atractive!

jlee17xoxo412
I would still go to see the movie but i wouldn't be as glad to watch it.
Thats only because they been doing HP for almost 4 years together and it would be just to weird if they just switched actors just like that.

danagrint
Originally posted by jlee17xoxo412
I would still go to see the movie but i wouldn't be as glad to watch it.
Thats only because they been doing HP for almost 4 years together and it would be just to weird if they just switched actors just like that.

exactly

The Ones
Radcliffe back for HBP:

http://www.killermovies.com/h/harrypotterandthehalfbloodprince/articles/5644.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.