Alien Races in ROTS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ShadowKing
Question..I think I read this in an EU book but I'm not sure:

Why does Emperor Palpatine hate alien races? Will there be any explanation in ROTS? Isn't this why in the OT there are no alien races in the Imperial Army? The death star officer says to Han and Luke in disguise, "where are you taking this...thing..." lots of prejudice in his voice. Piett hates the use of bounty hunters and looks up to see the reptilian overhearing his disdain..

just curious embarrasment

jedijunky1138
Its kinda like a Nazi style empire. Palps wants to control the universe for sure but he also has some sort of disdain for beings unlike himself. He may feel that he has less control over something he doesn't understand. As far as if we will see the answer to this question it ROTS? We must wait and see.

moviejunkie23
interesting question....good thread

Batman316
I can understand why he would choose humans, since they are everywhere and would by far outnumber any others.....

But there has to be some other reasoning behind it.

Yes I like this topic, is there any EU or rumours why he has such a distain for other races?

Mist
if palps hates aliens...why did he train maul? confused and why does he have two alien aides?

Morridini
Palpatine doesn't hate Aliens, the Emperor does. So until he proclaims himself Emperor he has to stay in the character of Palpatine.

TheForceSupreme
I think it's rather simple really. Humans are very easy to manipulate.

sith_darth_jay
the movie was made in the 70's, have you seen how awful many of the aliens in the cantina scene looked originally?... using many human extras is much easier

ShadowKing
Undoubtably the easiest of explanations sdj thumbsup

GL has said to this day how awful the masks were (not in execution, just that they could not provide expression and movement)

ickeris2003
good topic. very intresting!

Batman316
and so far nobody has come up with any realistic reasoning..... 'incharacter' for Palpy's distaste......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.