Kotor online

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChronoLegionair
how many of u want kotor online or xbox live, or the PC, just think, go around the universe, talking to others, and becoming a jedi master, have others become your apprtince, and chose dark side or light side, then u try to wipe out the other race. who here would like to have a game like that?

exanda kane
its idealistc but reather pointless i think.

Darth_Glentract
sounds pretty sweet. They could use Galaxies technology as a bse for its online functions and that would keep development time and cost down.

exanda kane
no. Galaxies should be the only MMORPG. IF it would online play and was a single player; then maybe. But they would have to make it open ended, like elder scrolls, to make it worthwhile.

Jedi_KnightAlly

Sesse
There would be 100 masters for 2 students in that system....

Besides that, we already have plenty of MMORPGS already.

Jedi_KnightAlly
I love the idea in MMORPGS, but i just plain can't afford them, so i hate them lol.

SnakeEyes
I thought that was pretty much what Galaxies is....

Darth_Janus
I've been thinking online KOTOR would be kickass since day one. It'd be tricky balancing it, but it would be simply badass to recreate the Mandalorian Wars or even the Jedi Civil War.... seas of droids and troopers, bolts going everywhere... The hum of the line of Jedi igniting their blades, as the Sith on the high ground bark orders to their underlings.... The bombardment of Outer Rim planets, the heavy thud of Basilisks War Droids hitting the surface of Onderon. Bloody combat in the jungles of Dxun.

Hold on, I have to wipe the saliva from my keyboard...

Alright... This idea is the best idea yet. I'd sell all of my movies and some of my games to have a subscription to this. Who wouldn't?

ChronoLegionair
well i have never played galixes before, but i just thought it might be cool to do that, sort of thing, i had so much fun with kotor, i did not want to stop, i wanted to keep going.

ChronoLegionair
oh and jedi KnightAlly maybe you should get a job

Jedi_KnightAlly
Lol, i have a job, but it pays for my car for me to get to uni, and it pays for my food to keep me alive, kinda things i can't do without...

Fishy
No...

I have said it a million times about a million games, you don't make an single player RPG into an online game, i hate threads like these and the idea of it. Make an online game fine, but do not give it the Kotor name, want to make it about the Jedi Civil war or the Mandelorian wars fine, but you know it will not turn out the way you want it. There will be no mayor fighting over planet after planet trying to conquer the entire universe as one side or another...

All the cool stuff that you think will happen won't, an online game is all fine and well, but not about something epic... People won't work for the Sith or the Jedi they will work for themselves... Kotor and everything to do with it should imo stay a single player game for eternity

ChronoLegionair
well my idea my not be right or accurate, but it would be nice to have the game play of kotor in it, maybe just not name

Fishy
The gameplay of Kotor okay, i can live with that, i won't play it but it could be nice... Thats the limit though

Darth_Janus
If ever I saw an online game where people actually bought in to the grand scheme of the game and weren't busy being Badass(tm) or assholes, I'd probably die of shock. Sad part is your right; we'd see the perfect Old Republic online game long before we'd ever see a halfway decent group to play on it.

Fishy
If online games were just like we all hoped then it would have been great but it isn't...

It would be weird seeing a hundred Mandelorian running around during the wars trying to hunt some stupid animals while there partners are in a full out war with Jedi...

ChronoLegionair
maybe they could make it like jedi academy or somthing

Darth_Janus
I don't like online games where you spend months killing things and checking every rock and piece of poop in the galaxy and then finally, once you're sick of the game, you can kill something. Again.

exanda kane
Im just thinking online Battlefront with Jedi, Sith and Mandalorians. But it wont be KOTOR.

Darth Revan33
I say make it like KOTOR game mechanics (without the name) except where you can be many different species with different occupations and have different places with different time periods, give it an open ending with no replication of already made characters (no luke skywalkers, darth revans, etc.) and uh, make it free.

Yes I know I'm dreaming. (sigh) why couldn't God have given me his powers for Earth only? But then again, I sure wouldn't want a game if I had those powers...

ChronoLegionair
ok maybe they should make it a little like galaxies, and not give it the name of kotor, and of course the whole point of it was not just killing, it was adventure and that sort of thing, i don't know i guess i should let bioware worry about that

ChronoLegionair
Originally posted by exanda kane
Im just thinking online Battlefront with Jedi, Sith and Mandalorians. But it wont be KOTOR.

yeah they are going to do that have jedi on battlefront 2, and u can be them

exanda kane
I know, but you can't be Revan or a Mandalorian can u!

ChronoLegionair
i don't know about a mandalorian

Fishy
Why not a Mandelorian? Those guys kick ass

ChronoLegionair
no we are just wondering if there is going to be mandolorians in battlefront

Fishy
Ohh okay nvm

Jedi7115
KOTOR online would suck. There would be to many fools out there that they would ruin the gaming exp. for everyone. And why should I have to pay for a game at the store and the have to pay someone else to let me play it on my cpu like City of Heroes.That's just BS.

Darth Ridah
the only way I would want kotor online, would be if they changed it from turned base to a move mortal kombat type of deal ( at least for the player on player action ninja

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.