The Episode III Rotten Tomatoes Scale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bobafett81
The FRESH meter has INCREASED from 83% yesterday to 86%!

eek! eek! eek! eek! eek! eek!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_3/

Hope the meter will rise and rise EVERYDAY!

moviejunkie23
i don't care what the critics think of this movie to be honest. I saw one of them didn't like it because its ant Bush they said.....how stupid can you get

Sith Master X
Originally posted by bobafett81

Rottentomatoes is the site that I always go to for movie reviews. Up to 87 percent now. stick out tongue

Lucas Sucks!
Fools the rate always starts that high when the movies hasnt opened yet.
Wait till the release geez.

Originally posted by bobafett81

moviejunkie23
Hey Lucas sucks....
I think the simpsons suck
now we are even!!!!

OB1-adobe
That Walter Chaw guy is a fukin moron mad

Darth Bong
Still this is a lot better than the 62% for TPM. Has to be a good sign. smokin'

OB1-adobe
If I have to read another review about some imagination starved douche bag that is still writing about how he wants to recapture that "old feeling" I think I am going to puke sick

Even if you have never seen a single SW movie, you cannot (anymore) give an honest critique about it.

If you have never seen any of them, you won't get it. If you have, its all exposition to you.

One them complained that the movie kind of sucked because there was no suprises due to the knowledge of the OT.

Well Boo fuking Hoo

I loathe film critics. Because apparently they think they're opinions change films and film makers, like they are responsble for it all.

Jedi Priestess
Moved up to 89% today. Yay! eek! I must admit Im quite shocked.

OB1-adobe
Yeah I am pretty impressed actually, but not suprised.

Majorities of the critics comment that Ep. 1 & 2 are now not as bad as they remembered.

I give a big fat

"I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!" to them

astrofan428
The newest review on there, this one...

http://movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/s/sw2005.html

He makes this movie sound great. There are starting to be so many reviews you cant keep track, but if you read one, read that one.

OB1-adobe
So is it confirmed now that JEJ is doing the voice, because it sure sounds like it from the reviews. And even if it is not, it sounds like they faked it flawlessly

ArynCrinn
Stupid film critics...
what they say is worth nothing to me.

Sith Master X
Up to 91 percent now. big grin 20 reviews are good, 2 are bad. Seems to me like ROTS is living up to it's standard so far.

Mist
"The magic died a long time ago, see, Episode III is just the death twitch."
-- Walter Chaw, FILM FREAK CENTRAL

is he retarded?

bobafett81
The Rotten Tomatoes Fresh Meter has just HIT 91%!!!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------

CURRENT TALLY:

ROTS (23 reviews and counting) - 91%

ROTK (219 reviews) - 95%

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lord_of_th...rn_of_the_king/

rock rock rock rock rock

ROTS is so gonna beat ROTK's A**! rock rock

Captain REX
Originally posted by moviejunkie23
Hey Lucas sucks....
I think the simpsons suck
now we are even!!!!

No need to be hatin'.

ArynCrinn
Still going up...

manny321
92% at 24 reviews. AOTC was around 75% at this point note!!!!
So it appears if this keeps up that this is much better then AOtc and TPM.

astrofan428
http://www.juicycerebellum.com/200511.htm

He really loved this movie.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by Mist
"The magic died a long time ago, see, Episode III is just the death twitch."
-- Walter Chaw, FILM FREAK CENTRAL

is he retarded?

Majorly retarded.

He just rambles on about stupid shit.

OB1-adobe
He also said that SLJ was horribly miscast.

Yeah I know a lot of other movies where they perfectly casted their jedi knights.

It does please me though that the only 2 bad reviews were written by idiots.

92% I can't believe it

bobafett81
The meter has gone up to 92%.

26 reviews in.
24 good and 2 lousy.

Crazy88No.1
92%...Awesome big grin

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by astrofan428
http://www.juicycerebellum.com/200511.htm

He really loved this movie.

"In one fell swoop, Lucas reveals to us that he had a plan all along. No, Anakin isn't the sci-fi version of Christ. It turns out his mother was essentially raped, through the manipulation of Midicholorians by Darth Sidious"

WTF?????? So sidious is Vader's father.

Sith Master X
In a odd sort of way...yes.

DCLXVI
If that's true.....then my review will go downtown....

yodafan
NO that can't be true, I would have known it by now. thumb down

neo313
"In one fell swoop, Lucas reveals to us that he had a plan all along. No, Anakin isn't the sci-fi version of Christ. It turns out his mother was essentially raped, through the manipulation of Midicholorians by Darth Sidious"

WHAAAAAAAAAAAA?/

astrofan428
I think he just assumed that after Palpatine's Darth Plaguies(sp) story.

Sith Master X
The scale for ROTS is now at 93 percent, tied with ANH! The only better scale thus far is Empire, at 98 percent. The guy from the latest review called it the best SW movie.

Darth Bong
I really hope that we dont have a "Anakin, I am your father." type scene. smokin'

.:Space Opera:.
sidious manually enjected shmi skwalker...

Spectr4L
I don't recall reading anything about Sidious being Anakin's father in the novel... roll eyes (sarcastic)

ab2421
Well, Return of the King was critically acclaimed and voted the best picture by the academy... hmmm... and its only 2% fresher than ROTS... Interesting and good news!

OB1-adobe
I think he just assumed that after Palpatine's Darth Plaguies(sp) story.

You know, a lot of reviewers are not bringing that much attention to it, so it is probably a minor detail, or not really blatant.

astrofan428
This is something that if it where true, it would really be a developed storyline. Not one theory that backs up another one.

manny321
if it as good as they say, then it would make so much money at the boxoffice.

muse5
it's up to 93% as of one minute ago. hey manny, i like your sig

astrofan428
I dont know how long it has been there, but now there is a little "certified fresh" medal on the page.

Batman316
Ohnoz.....

back to 90%

and the bubble bursts

astrofan428
That is just the review from IGN, you cant listen to a damn thing they say anyways.

Lucas Sucks!
How much do you guys want to bet that when the movie arrives to thetheaters the metter will drop down 40% or 30%?? remember i said it! it always happends before the premiere!

CBright7831
Originally posted by Batman316
Ohnoz.....

back to 90%

and the bubble bursts Wait until Ebert puts down the Snickers bar and finishes his review. sad

IGN's review brought them down, although they gave the movie 3/5.

astrofan428
I am looking forward to the Ebert review on tv this weekend, maybe get some new footage.

OB1-adobe
That is just the review from IGN, you cant listen to a damn thing they say anyways.

The moment I lost intrest in this guys opinion was when he tried to make some idiotic statement about Order 66 being not believable. Mainly stating that with all of the politics in the last 2 movies, it seemed stupid that all it took was a simple "kill everybody" order.

Then it was pretty apparent that this person saw the last 2 only once or twice, and forgot that "Clones are totally obediant, and take any order without question"

That makes it 3 bad reviews done by total morons

yodafan
I am looking forward to the Ebert review on tv this weekend, maybe get some new footage.

Ooooohhh New footage.... drooldrooldrooliodroolio

bobafett81
How come IGN can reduce the points so much?!?!?!

U mean they have HIGHER weightage?

astrofan428
I dont understand how 3 out of 5 is bad, although there is not one positive thing in the review.

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by Lucas Sucks!
How much do you guys want to bet that when the movie arrives to thetheaters the metter will drop down 40% or 30%?? remember i said it! it always happends before the premiere!

ignored

bILLYgOAT
its official
BUSH is a SITH LORD

Ed Gonzalez

Republican movie critics (sigh)
they take offense when none is intended
just like a few patrons here.

yodafan
Still 90% is pretty darn good.

Lucas Sucks!
Dude it looks like you guys cant get a different opinion, i think that the review was preety complete i have t see the movie if i think theyre right or not. I have always thought that order 66 or 69 was a very infantile way to make the clones look back and kill the jedi. There are more creative ways to do so. And brainwash is the lamest of them.
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
The moment I lost intrest in this guys opinion was when he tried to make some idiotic statement about Order 66 being not believable. Mainly stating that with all of the politics in the last 2 movies, it seemed stupid that all it took was a simple "kill everybody" order.

Then it was pretty apparent that this person saw the last 2 only once or twice, and forgot that "Clones are totally obediant, and take any order without question"

bILLYgOAT
Originally posted by Lucas Sucks!
Dude it looks like you guys cant get a different opinion, i think that the review was preety complete i have t see the movie if i think theyre right or not. I have always thought that order 66 or 69 was a very infantile way to make the clones look back and kill the jedi. There are more creative ways to do so. And brainwash is the lamest of them.

ignored

astrofan428
Damn, down to 86%.

DarkYoda
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

Nice point... I forgot about that wink

ArynCrinn
Who decides if these reviews are rotten or fresh anyway?

astrofan428
Not all the rotten ones seem rotten.

shaber
One of the critics thinks that Lucas' colouring is "gratuitously (offensive)" The critics favourite actor is Ian McDiarmid this time so we'll have to see.

Lucas Sucks!
You are soooo opened to critics, get a little of real judgement
Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
ignored

ArynCrinn
I don't think all those rotten ones are rotten either astrofan

revolution_man
damn, rolling stone has some of the most respected writers in the business: very sad to see peter travers give revenge a 2/5...i mean, you can read all the great internet reviews you want, but its the major magazines and newspapers that the majority of the public reads...bummer...

OB1-adobe
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It went down to 86%

astrofan428
Okay, how the hell does this scale work?

Yesterday was 86% with 30 fresh and 5 rotten.

Since then there have been 3 more fresh and 1 rotten, yet the score went down to 85%.

jjwil76
laughing

...It's too bad that playing the grotesque Darth Sideous, Palpatine's Sith lord alter ego, drives the actor into horror-show hamboning.

Peter Travers, Rolling Stone

That's a pretty funny line. Eventhough he is bashing RotS.

OB1-adobe
I think People may actually be realizing that SW has never really relied on amazing acting abilities. Listen to any actor from SW and all of them have said it was "less than Stellar" work. Liam Neeson said it, so did Alec Guinness. Natalie portman and Harrison Ford have strongly hinted at it with thier minute enthusiasm for the series. Even many performances from Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill in other fims have been more or less "wooden".

SW has always been a B-movie that got popular, with unknowns and a plethora of B-movie actors.

In a lot ways there are similarities between the 2 trilogies.

1 or 2 well knowns: Sam Jackson, Alec Guiness

1 actor that is a long term success: Harrison Ford, and most likely Ewan Mcgregor.

ArynCrinn
Whoa...80%...what is wrong with these people?

Batman316
Revenge of the Sith is not the "masterpiece" some make it out to be. It is, simply, a far more worthy installment than we've recently been fed.

I think that may well be the truth. ANH was AWESOME in it's day there is no way ROTS can match the impact that ANH had

Sith Master X
Wow, these ratings took a sudden dive in the last couple days. blink

star22
Wow. Its really gone down. Stupid people.

vicbooth9000
Sorry, just had to complain about the "1 or 2 well knowns" comment. Just Sam Jackson?

What about Natalie Portman? Oscar nominee?

Jimmy Smits?

Christopher Lee?

Liam Neeson?

Terence Stamp?

Hey, even Keira Knightley and Sofia Coppola.

Please don't try to tell me they aren't well known (okay, Sofia and Keira had bit parts, sorry.)

SpyCspider
down to 81% now...

Jedi Priestess
Back up to 83% and on this page they have a Star Wars special thing.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/features/special/star_wars/

It also lists the following tomato reviews for all films.

STAR WARS TOMATOMETER LIST
Fresh: 83% Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 2005
Fresh: 65% Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones 2002
Fresh: 62% Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace 1999
Fresh: 80% Return of the Jedi 1983
Fresh: 98% Empire Strikes Back The 1980
Fresh: 93% Star Wars 1977

So all the films have been rated fresh.

yodafan
Well at least its better than ep1 and ep2.

Jedi Priestess
roll eyes (sarcastic) Which were also STILL rated fresh. stick out tongue As they should have been.

yodafan
Yep, I think most of the bad reviews for ep3 are from stupid people like new yorker that hate all SW films.

yodafan
Wait, I was lookig at the bad reviews, why is 2.5/4 and 3/5 considered bad?

astrofan428
Yeah this thing is so wierd, how can 1 bad review take it down 3 or 4 points yet 4 or 5 good reviews dont change anything?

yodafan
So illogical...

J-Unit
Dont trust that shit its just a bunch of bull shit to make fans hate star wars believe me

yodafan
I never care what critiques think anyway.

J-Unit
yeah thats what i mean at last someone who can really think for real smile

astrofan428
Trust me, that thing could have a 15 rating and would stiil be there tomorrow night. I do like seeing good reviews though, I couldnt care less about bad reviews.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by J-Unit
yeah thats what i mean at last someone who can really think for real smile

While I admire your loyalty, the sad fact is, if that meter WAS a 15, ROTS would make crappy money at the box office, Lucas would get ZERO respect for 30 years of work and geekdom would evolve into an even more ridiculed state. Like it or not, these people have power in Hollywood. Simply becuase I follow this type of stuff, doesnt mean I can't think for myself either you twit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

astrofan428
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
While I admire your loyalty, the sad fact is, if that meter WAS a 15, ROTS would make crappy money at the box office, Lucas would get ZERO respect for 30 years of work and geekdom would evolve into an even more ridiculed state. Like it or not, these people have power in Hollywood. Simply becuase I follow this type of stuff, doesnt mean I can't think for myself either you twit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You always got to come ruin the points I make. stick out tongue

But yeah, good think there is no way in hell it would get a 15. but if it did I would still love it. big grin

Jedi Priestess
That wasnt directed at you babe.

astrofan428
Oh, I saw the 15 thing.(feels like ass)

Sorry JP

Jedi Priestess
LMAO no problem sweetheart.

Batman316

Morridini
82% now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.