!!villian Debate!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VeNoIIvII
Ok everyone can debate here....who will be the villian?????

please be VENOM...LOL.. laughing

fruits
its gonna be sandman! for many reasons

it all makes sense. the drawings found around the studio, the plaster casts they've had to do, cutting his hair for the part, and as thomas one said, and i quote, "being in the mud all day." sounds like sandman to me

and if it were venom, you know how hard it would be to have venom be the villain?? it involves such a strong backstory, that it would probably take a whole movie, JUST to introduce the character. therefore i make my conclusion that...............

for spiderman 3, it will be sandman (and maybe hobgoblin from what ive hear) and it will also work on the whole symbiote thing, then in spiderman 4, BAM, we have venom. then in 5 we move onto carnage, and im not so sure bout 6, but neway...........there you go

Doc Ock
You've heard my arguments.

In summary Thomas Haden Church is too old to play Venom.And secondly Raimi said we are getting two villains.Venom's story could not possibly be done with another villain in the movie too.

I'm not saying for definite it's Sandman.I'm saying he is the strongest contender right now for a number of reasons:

1.Both Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi have said they love Sandman.Tobey in particular said after SM-2 was made that the next villain he would love to fight is Sandman.

2.Sandman provides a completely new villain power.He is very different from Green Goblin and Doc Ock.Different is good.People will want to see a different villain with different powers.Venom has all the same powers as Spider-Man.He doesn't do anything different to Spidey other than he is a bad guy.

3.Thomas Haden Church looks a hell of alot like Sandman.He looks NOTHING like Eddie Brock.Not to mention he's too old to play him.Brock is in his 20's.Church is 46 years old and he looks 56.

So there you have it.My reasons on who I think will be the villain and why I don't think Venom will be.

fruits
AMEN! i agree that sandman will be the villain, and i also think that the number 2 villain willbe hobgoblin. now im not sure if this hobgoblin will be harry with a modified costume, or some other guy who stole the Osborn's design for the costume and glider

VeNoIIvII
I agree that they will probably put Venom in number 4, do you think he will get the black suit in 3 tho????

Doc Ock
Originally posted by VeNoIIvII
I agree that they will probably put Venom in number 4, do you think he will get the black suit in 3 tho????

No I doubt it.Not enough screen time.You keep forgetting two villains will be demanding attention along with the Peter/MJ story and the supporting characters like Aunt May and Jonah Jameson.

I strongly believe the whole Venom thing will start in Spider-Man 4.If you're going to do Venom then do him right.Why rush it and mess up his origin just for the sake of seeing him???

VeNoIIvII
I know alot of peopel are expectign sandman...but what about Chamelean?? ive herd alot of rumers about him to...cut of Thomas Churches hair, and bulk him up and who do you see??? I see Chamelean.... any thoughts on that>>>???

Doc Ock
Dude seriously you need to stop looking into things so much.

Alfred Molina and Willem Dafoe had to train hard and get hair cuts too.They are playing villains who fight Spider-Man.It comes with the role.

I highly doubt it's Chameleon.In fact I'll bet my life on it.Chameleon has no powers except he can change into different people.

Booooooooooring.

VeNoIIvII
yea...good..point....ahhhhh..i dont know what to think anymore...lol

fruits
then it will all make sense. cuz 3 is sandman and hobgoblin, 4 is some villain and the black suit, 5 is venom, and 6 is carnage, and BAM! there you go, rest of the movies planned out. but they need a kick ass villain in 4 though to go with the black suit

Kainreaver
Aside from Hayden Church looking like Sandman, and the Sandman being "Different" from the past Villans...the thing that makes the Spider-Man movies intriguing is the relationships between Spider-Man, the villans, and peter parker. The Sandman does not provide this. Hes simply a bad guy, with no interesting depth.
However, if we are to recieve 2 villans, and one is to be the sandman. Then I hope its Harry as the Goblin (For the in depth tragic storyline) and Sandman (for the visual effects).

VeNoIIvII
yea, but i honestly dont think harry is going to be the goblin, ive read it in many places that he will realize his dad was a mass murderer, and he will destroy the suit...........just what ive herd.....

fatcat22
I believe carage or Eddie Brock is going to be the villain so.
But I hope they bring back the Rhino, then we'd have stuff like Hulk power in the film. Even the vulture would be good as we'd have another flying villain!

Mainstream
I think Lizard and Vulture would make great villains in a spidey flick to gether somewhere down the line and if Harry don't go Goblin that'd be stupid...they shouldn't have set it up were he would at the end of 2. Harry now has great power and it's great responsibility to take on Parker...he got Ock to do it...but as the saying goes..if you want something done right..do it your damn self Harry..or something like that.

Spiderman_RJ
if chamaleon (hired by harry) can mess peter life really good, not about powers but trama. but to hell with trama (drama) i want brawling, bring sandman!!!!

Mainstream
yeah and they already did the " Harry hires a bad guy storyline" in spidey 2! Sandman and Harry driven insane to become Hobgoblin with a bigger glider and enough firepower to roast new york like a marshmallow would be incredible.

The Ones
i think sandman will suck. they cant have a proper fight.

Mainstream
It'll be cool....physically Sandman can't be hurt....but a little wa wa and he's a human mud pie

The Ones
laughing

fruits
i think sandman will be the villain, but that DOESN'T mean i think he should be the villain. i mean, yeah, you can do some pretty cool stuff visually with him, but he's pretty much just a normal, everyday villain. no emotional challenges to Spiderman or nething. Just a fighter. now, harry AS hobgoblin would be really good to go along with sandman, but i dont think sandman should be the main villain. he doesnt have a good backround story, or nething like that. no special emotional challenges he can use against spidey. now, what i think will happen is.........

Spiderman 3- Harry as Hobgoblin and Sandman. Sandman gets killed by water, POSSIBLY death of harry as well

Spiderman 4- the Vulture and introduce the black suit. Like the comics, the Vulture kidnaps Aunt May. Spidey somehow gets the black suit, overuses its power, and kills vulture. finds out how to get rid of black suit and gets rid of it. introduce eddie brock at VERY end.

Spiderman 5- Venom! no much else to say there

Spiderman 6- Carnage! Venom helps Spidey beat him OR if harry wasnt killed off earlier, he helps spidey and dies.

doctorstrongbad
I have heard a lot of rumors about the bad guy in part 3 being chameleon or sandman. I would rather see Sandman, but maybe the chameleon could work. I see a lot of special effects and other spidey bad guys as images and they will need a great background.

fruits
Originally posted by VeNoIIvII
I know alot of peopel are expectign sandman...but what about Chamelean?? ive herd alot of rumers about him to...cut of Thomas Churches hair, and bulk him up and who do you see??? I see Chamelean.... any thoughts on that>>>???

wait, since when is chameleon buff??

Spiderman_RJ
what is a buff?

Doc Ock
Buff means toned or muscled.

fruits
yeah, and since when is chameleon buff? i always though he was a scronny lil thing, but maybe im wrong.

Spiderman_RJ
he is a whimpy but not a skinny. he medium atletic.

fruits
oh. cool.

Paola
Use Spider-Man 3 villian thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.