Anakin never wanted to turn to dark side?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XX Emperor XX
From some of the scenes we've seen from the tv spot "to protect you" it almost seems like Anakin doesn't want to turn to the dark side for some of the reasons we might think. Regardless of how evil Anakin became it all could just be confusion on his part and not knowing what to do thats why we see several shots of him crying, telling Padme he's doing this to protect her and another shot of him looking away in heart break while he's kneeling to palpatine. So if you think about Anakin could of turned to the dark side for just 2 reasons a) to save padme as we all know and b) he had no choice after he turned and and was saved by Sidious and became mechanical he knew he couldn't leave the dark side b/c Sidious would kill him. All these plus Anakin returning to the light side in EP.6 can be signs that Anakin never really embraced or wanted to turn to the dark side for more power or because the Jedi didn't trust him or embraced his abilities.... In Anakin's mind it all could of just come down to 2 things Padme and lack of choice.

Lazerlike42
pretty much

TheAnimal
i like that theroy actually. anakin wants to save padme so he inform's palpatine. later on anakin becomes a pawn in a chess game of palps. anni kills jedi. obi kill's the heart of anakin but palpatine black mails him by saving him.

ESP07
Is it just me or is Episode III going to make the OT Vader look like a *****.

star22
No. I think that Episode III will make Anakin a deeper character and make us pity him a little. It will make the ROTJ ending more understandable.

Darth_Vader05
Anakin only joined the dark side to have more power and to save Padme however the dark side took control of Anakin and he could not control it until he becomes Darth Vader however there is still good in him but the goodness is blinded by both Darth Vader and The Emperor they just couldnt accept the fact that Anakin Skywalker was still trying to get out and we see this in Return Of The Jedi and that is why Anakin turned to the dark side.

NoFate007
Its my understanding that Anakin only turns to the dark side out of confusion, issues with who he's loyal to and who he can trust, and to save Padme...but once he turns to the dark side and embraces it, he's stuck. "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny". They always say he has hatred and fear but doesn't use it...Dooku says that earlier in the movie as well if I can remember correctly. When he finally does use it, he actually becomes evil just because the dark side is like a drug. If you do cocaine one time, you can be addicted and be a drug addict...so thats the same with the dark side. The minute Anakin turned, he ceased to be himself, and thats why he embraces it afterwards, up until Luke reminds him of his past, then he snaps out of it by the middle of Empire.

darthgaruda
Palpatine tells him that Sith have the power to stop people from dying. They can only use it on others though.

Anakin want this power to save Padme, because he is having nightmares about her dying. Just like he did when his mother was dying.

He lost his mother, he doesn't want to lose his wife. He turns for love, events happen along the way that twist his perception and send him further into the dark treacherous ways of the Sith.

"Twisted and Evil."

Ushgarak
This is hardly contentious though, is it? I mean, did you think most people turn to the Dark Side out of some huge desire to do evil?

The whole point is that it is seductive and clever. I imagine that very few people on the Dark Side ever planned it that way, until it was too late.

Darth_Janus
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

But how did Palpatine end up crooked, is a question I'd rather have answered.

The Ones
as in the face? mace deflected his lightning back at his face

JediStang
OK! PACK IT UP!

30 years of great movies, and Anakin never wanted to turn? Gimme a break. Whatever.

Darth_Janus
I meant how did Palpatine go bad? Why?

The Ones
dunno. i think its like what he did with maul and what oasama is doing to young children. teaching them to be evil since they are kids

Delta 62
Palpatine's energy and lightning did that to his face, Master Windu didn't reflect anything back at him. Palpatine was literally being melted by his "electric hatred".

Darth Subjekt
well from various things that I've read, when he was a boy on Naboo, his family was dirt poor and the Jedi wanted to take him and train him to be a Jedi. But his parents didn't want them too, all they had was each other. Then one day Palps' future master came with a lot of credits and money and said that he would give it to them if he could train palps to kill the hated Jedi. (i guess they hated them because they persisted in trying to take him to be a jedi). They agreed, but sometime later, his master killed his parents and told Palps that the Jedi did it because they would not let the Jedi take him, further fueling his hatred for the Jedi. And we all know what happened after that.

Now as far as Ani goes, I just think he was hell bent on everything being the way its supposed to be that he would do anything it took to make it that way. POSSIBLE SPOILER*** I heard he tells Padme the same thing he tells Luke, as far as destroying the Emp and ruling the galaxy as Husband and wife. I mean he's the one who goes and tells Mace that Palps is a Sith, so ya know he's not down with being evil....well, not yet. And then once he does crossover, it just takes control of his mind and actions, thus killing all his former friends and brethren in arms. But once he sees Luke and gets to talking to him, he finally has something positive in his life and a reason to live and go back to the lightside.\

But thats just my take on it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.