False Assumptions & Bad Expectations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Since most of us are spoiled beyond our wildest dreams, what are some assumptions you have been hearing about this movie and its contents from people you know, that you know are completely false and wrong and almost laughable.

Not lies, but wrongful assumptions.

Here some:
Some guys at my work adamantley think:

1. the movie is 3 hours long

2. Padme does not die

3. Since Chewy is in the movie, we get to see Han Solo as a kid

Besides obvious bad points, Star Wars shall, for one last time, be overly critizied for unbelievably stupid crap.

mr.smiley
I want it to be awesome but i just don't see it being realy that good

Darth Plagueis
I keep hearing about the Millenium falcon being seen on Pol Massa (sp?), but I imagine that it is just a similar design of ship, as we see 2 of these on Naboo in episode 2 (when Anakin and Padme arrive on the freighter).

TheElectricFox
The Falcon appears for sure at the senate shuttledock in couruscant painted in blue-green republic colors, according to the making of book.

mephistodesigns
I'm totally with you obi. Same with the last two. Any movie that doesn't make anakin bad ass and go on a jedi slaughtering rampage for 4 hours gets bashed. never mind that his downfall and turning have actually been handled in a pretty realistic way, and that Hayden's transition from whiny to badass will be viewed as him getting better rather than a good concious choice made by both hayden and lucas. there are a lot of misconceptions made about the PT. thats the side effect of coming out 20 years after the OT. People have made up their own back story, have these assumptions, and then they're mad when it doesn't turn out that way.

Lazerlike42
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
I'm totally with you obi. Same with the last two. Any movie that doesn't make anakin bad ass and go on a jedi slaughtering rampage for 4 hours gets bashed. never mind that his downfall and turning have actually been handled in a pretty realistic way, and that Hayden's transition from whiny to badass will be viewed as him getting better rather than a good concious choice made by both hayden and lucas. there are a lot of misconceptions made about the PT. thats the side effect of coming out 20 years after the OT. People have made up their own back story, have these assumptions, and then they're mad when it doesn't turn out that way.

NO! YOU'RE WRONG! laughing out loud

Actually I agree I really think the problem is that people spend so much time on these forums speculating and figuring out what they think would be cool and they burn it into their minds.... when the actual story comes out, it's not good enough because it's not what they had in mind. Don't get me wrong, I love the forums, but I also spoil myself to keep myself somewhat in line with what the creators intend.

I don't know, to me it's SO much more interesting to find out about what "actually" (through the creators' minds) happens like it's reading a history book than to make up my own story.

NoFate007
I think its hilarious that kids still think that Grievous is gonna turn out to be Maul. These kids are gonna have major issues when a real family member dies and they can't take it, haha.

Batman316
that was a little harsh 007, but you do have a point

OB1-adobe
Oh and some others

1. Sidious Lightsaber will be black

2. Mechanical vader goes on a rampage.

3. Boba fett has a major role( i don't think he is even in the movie)

After all these years, and this being the final piece, I still can't believe people still don't know what this giant movie is about, and who the major characters are.

mephistodesigns
there are still people who think Ani in TPM was a young Luke, that Ewan was Anakin, and Qui-gon was Obi-wan. People are pretty dumb. They see what they wanna see, and they hear what they wanna hear. There are a lot of people who totally don't get Palps plan all the way either. I was in another thread and someone said they thought Palps destroyed the TF because they were a threat to him...like people YOU boss around are a threat? please...he killed them to look like a strong leader of the Republic to secure his Empire.

OB1-adobe
Yep.

When I went and saw AOTC for the 3rd time, my friend's girlfriend's brother thought Anikan was Luke the whole time.

That is what I was saying in the Rotten Tomatoes forum. You can't give an honest critique about these movies, especially just one of them. Everything that plays out is based on a much grander scheme and understanding than just one film.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Yep.

When I went and saw AOTC for the 3rd time, my friend's girlfriend's brother thought Anikan was Luke the whole time.

I guess it's an honest mistake, especially when they're saying the Name Anakin every two minutes.

Darth Subjekt
oh by the way, can someone get a screenshot of the Falcon being docked in AOTC? I've never noticed it before and cant seem to find it.

Anyway, some other ones are Sifo-Dyas is GG

Anakin will have a red saber.

That Ani talks to QGJ via the force after his Dark transition.

and one that I find more ridiculous than all, that Ani pulls his saber on Yoda during their "talk".

Some people are just beyond help anf reason i guess.

DarkYoda
Imagine all of the sad people that haven't seen the CLASSIC Trilogy because it was too old and will only watch the new ones. They don't have a f***ing clue!

And old people especially. A friend of mine's mom said something really laughable to us the other day... something about Yoda dying in Episode III.

The biggest misconception in my opinion (and you really can't blame the gp for thinking this after the massive marketing campaign) is that Darth Vader will be mechanical for a large chunk of the movie.

ginny_weasly
I admit a small part of me is still holding out for Padme to survive. I know it will still come as a shock to see her go on some small subconcious level....

mr.smiley
Originally posted by mephistodesigns

I knew people who did the same with the LOTR trilogy.
It pissed me off so bad.
I can't wait to see episode three but based on how I didn't care much for the first two,the third installment will realy have to be something special for me to sway my opion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.