Going too far!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kosta
WTF? Ronny just told me theyre trying to raise the legal drinking age in America to 25! no expression It doesnt really concern me as In Aus its 18 and Im 18, so I really shouldnt care, but its just STUPID! Who things its going too damn far? Soon tis gonna be, "youre not allowed to drink unless youre over 50 and in a padded room to ensure your safety.

Coldfire
Yeah I see your point there. Raising the age also just ensures that more people under the limit will start drinking, to be all "rebellious" and shit.

belly_jeans349
are you serious? im 15 and i dont want to drink but WTF! it used to be 18 im like "ok that sounds reasonable" they raised it to 21 and i thought "ok well i guess its ok for now as long it doesnt go higher" but now its 25!? holy ****...but hey im in texas and i dont know if its the same everywhere else but the law here is if your parent lets you drink with them, its ok :O big grin

Lana
That's retarded....I'm 19 and don't drink or anything, but still....that's so stupid.

a1hsauce
I doubt theyll actually raise it to 25 though... you know how many people would totally protest and riot?

TrAnCeDuO
can anyone provide a link verifying this claim?

Kosta
I dont have any vertification, its something I heard.

Coldfire
I wouldn't put it past the government to try and force this.... even though I don't live in the US, lol

GCG
Damn ! Thats 9 years more than here !

TheAnimal
i never heard of this. im 24 now and i get my miami police badge tomorrow. but on this note i never heard of drinking age being changed to 25. if anything it's a rumor.

Dr. Strangelove
I doubt this will go through, but then again anything is possible with this government.

Coldfire
^^ agreed

Kosta
Originally posted by GCG
Damn ! Thats 9 years more than here !

9? Where do you live?

GCG
Malta ; actually i remember my parents sending me to buy wine from the bar down the road on sundays.....i was 10 years old

+ on Special occasions we were allowed to drink Shandy and Vermouth and wine with 7-Up

Tptmanno1
I think it should be lowered to like 12, or some age before when kids want to drink, simply because, if its introduced early less people will see it as
A) an act of rebellion or cool
and B) will know how to handle it and such, more self-control and such..

Mist
but then you have drunk 12yr olds stumbling around school grounds...

Kosta
And youll also get a sudden jump in the ammount of 12 year old alcoholics.

Myth
Originally posted by belly_jeans349
are you serious? im 15 and i dont want to drink but WTF! it used to be 18 im like "ok that sounds reasonable" they raised it to 21 and i thought "ok well i guess its ok for now as long it doesnt go higher" but now its 25!? holy ****...but hey im in texas and i dont know if its the same everywhere else but the law here is if your parent lets you drink with them, its ok :O big grin

Um... it has been 21 for ever so I don't know how you remember it being 18.

And I highly doubt it will be raised to 25 but I think 21 is a good age for it.

Mist
blink 21? that sucks...you need to come over here and get it at 18big grin

Captain REX
I highly doubt that that will be passed.

GCG
The problem is lack of control; consuming alcohol in moderation doesnt really make a difference as long as you dont drive recklessly, injure someobody, act like a total nob-end..etc

Mistah DEVIL
Originally posted by Kosta
WTF? Ronny just told me theyre trying to raise the legal drinking age in America to 25! no expression It doesnt really concern me as In Aus its 18 and Im 18, so I really shouldnt care, but its just STUPID! Who things its going too damn far? Soon tis gonna be, "youre not allowed to drink unless youre over 50 and in a padded room to ensure your safety.
bc my brother is 26 this doesnt effect me but most ppl under the age of 25 aren't responsible enough to make good judgments when it comes to alcohol due "party" mentalities, peer presure, living in the moment and the lack of responsibilty

T.M
18 to buy drink in Britain and I'm 18 big grin

but if it is bought by an adult and u are not drinking in a place that sells alcohol then the legal age is 5 lol

shaber
I doubt it.

T.M
according to the law it is ilegal to drink alcohol in a bar which is defined under law as a place for the sole sale or cunsuption of alcohol. There for if u are in a park or anywhere that doesnt sell alcohol it isnt against the law to have a drink as long as u didnt buy it urself.

Clovie
WTF? Ronny just told me theyre trying to raise the legal drinking age in America to 25! no expression It doesnt really concern me as In Aus its 18 and Im 18, so I really shouldnt care, but its just STUPID! Who things its going too damn far? Soon tis gonna be, "youre not allowed to drink unless youre over 50 and in a padded room to ensure your safety. they must be kidding blink

here it is 18. and ppl starts drinking earlier anyway.
*will never go to USA* blink

T.M
nah the drinking age is the only thing stopping me from going to USA cause i really want to go for a holiday but it aint a holiday if u dont have a drink IMO

shellie
I live here in the USA and havent heard such a thing...I know that doesnt mean much but anyways...Its a ridiculous notion either way...its my opinion that if you are old enough to serve your country in the military, which is 18 here, you should be allowed to drink a beer as well. soooo...lower the drinking age or raise the age to which you can serve in the military. erm preferably the 1st option.

Baylin
No raise the drinking age. Being in the military might get you killed but drinking will ruin your life blink

Ok I'll shut up now... embarrasment

big grin

Bardock42
Yeah we got 16 pasteurize that bitches

sexylexy32
I think 21 is the perfect age, 25 I think is going a little far.

WindDancer

HA! Too bad for those under age kids. I'm 29 it doesn't affect me at all.

*goes out to buy six pack*

shellie
Originally posted by WindDancer
HA! Too bad for those under age kids. I'm 29 it doesn't affect me at all.

*goes out to buy six pack* evil face you evil creature you!

I love it love

WindDancer
Originally posted by shellie
evil face you evil creature you!

I love it love

I try to keep my evilness out of the forums angel

Much love back at ya Shellie. happy

Bun Bun
im 18 and i drink when i can but next yr its off to canada!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.