What do you think are the differences between friendship and a relationship?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkAge
If a guy and a girl have a lot in common and are attracted to each other, how does one determine whether they should be friends or boyfriend and girlfirend? Also, what do you think are the limits of what a guy and girl who are best friends can do together? Is it weird if they go out a lot?

belly_jeans349
um i have no ****ing idea what your saying lmao, sorry erm

Mistah DEVIL
Originally posted by DarkAge
If a guy and a girl have a lot in common and are attracted to each other, how does one determine whether they should be friends or boyfriend and girlfirend? Also, what do you think are the limits of what a guy and girl who are best friends can do together? Is it weird if they go out a lot?
if bffs are of the opposite gender ppl assume that they're dating or should be bc they hang out together all the time. I think that bffs can have a stronger relationship, but some ppl dont want to take the chance of ruining the friendship in case they breakup. Strong friendships can survive a breakup, but dont expect things to be the same (i speak from experience). Habing a bbf w/benefits seems like a goo d idea, but it's not. Someone always gets emotionally attached. Besides nobody wants to feel like they're just being used.

Jedi_KnightAlly
Yeah i've been in that situation before, best thing possible i think, is don't became too close with stating your intentions, i think....

cindy8219
Originally posted by DarkAge

If they are attracted to each other than they would be looking for more then just friendship. If you value someones friendship you might not want to date them b/c sometimes things don't work out well. The friendship you had before you started dating gets affected.

Jedi_KnightAlly
Originally posted by cindy8219
If they are attracted to each other than they would be looking for more then just friendship. If you value someones friendship you might not want to date them b/c sometimes things don't work out well. The friendship you had before you started dating gets affected.

Yup, and u end up hurt and miserable.

cindy8219
Originally posted by Jedi_KnightAlly
Yup, and u end up hurt and miserable.

Pretty much. Not only did you lose someone you cared for, but most importantly a friend.

a1hsauce
I kinda have something like that goin on... I'm afraid to loss her as a friend. So i'm trying hard not to do anything to F up the friendship...but i sometimes catch myself gazing at her, its hard. But thats life folks *deep sigh*

Mistah DEVIL

cindy8219
mr. Devil you make sigh.

Mistah DEVIL
Originally posted by cindy8219
mr. Devil you make sigh.

zorro

Alpha Centauri
Friendship is just that, friends.

Relationship if officially more than.

-AC

a1hsauce
I dont think so. A friendship is a relationship

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Friendship is just that, friends.

Relationship if officially more than.

-AC

Read.

-AC

a1hsauce
I am reading

Alpha Centauri
Gooood, we're making progress smile.

-AC

gls
Originally posted by a1hsauce
I kinda have something like that goin on... I'm afraid to loss her as a friend. So i'm trying hard not to do anything to F up the friendship...but i sometimes catch myself gazing at her, its hard. But thats life folks *deep sigh*

that happend to me too. i never dated this girl cause i didn't want to ruin anything. we're still friends and i'm glad for it

but, i had this major crush on another friend of mine...i told him. and he didn't like me. i was really hurt. nothing was ever the same. we're still friends but not like we were before. so u can still be friends but u can't be the same for some reason

a1hsauce
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Gooood, we're making progress smile.

-AC

It reads "Relationship if officially more than."

a1hsauce
Originally posted by gls
that happend to me too. i never dated this girl cause i didn't want to ruin anything. we're still friends and i'm glad for it

but, i had this major crush on another friend of mine...i told him. and he didn't like me. i was really hurt. nothing was ever the same. we're still friends but not like we were before. so u can still be friends but u can't be the same for some reason
ya that happened to a friend of mine... you can still be friends. but youre really lucky if it goes back to the way things were.

Alpha Centauri
It reads "Relationship if officially more than."

Well done!

Now, what does relationship mean in the context of this thread? Does it or does it not mean more than friends/boyfriend-girlfriend?

Yes, it does.

-AC

a1hsauce
and I posted... I dont think so. A friendship is a relationship.

Alpha Centauri
Yes, it's a type of relationship.

Clearly the thread started is going by what many people refer to as "relationship". That being a more than friends commitment.

Catch?

-AC

Lana
and I posted... I dont think so. A friendship is a relationship.

Usually when people use the word 'relationship' they mean it as a romantic one -- ie girlfriend and boyfriend.

a1hsauce
yes, but the way I answered was going by a different interpretation of the question. That a friendship is a relatinship. To go deeper into that, a friendship is the beginnings of a relationship.

Alpha Centauri
Contradiction City, USAVille.

"a friendship is the beginnings of a relationship."

-AC

Mistah DEVIL
What the f**k? I'm lost and confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.