The Villians of Star Wars make the best movie villians.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gen. Grevious
Well,i know this is an odd subject but i do reckon the Villians of Star Wars are the best movie villians i.e the Dark lord of the sith himself etc. just wondering what are your views?

Darth_Janus
Darth Vader is number three of all-time villains, which is still pretty badass. But Norma Bates and Hannibal Lector beat him out. But really, Lector, in particular, has such an insanely deep and complex character that he makes Vader look two-dimensional by comparison.

Fishy
Beating Lector is hard... Vader is great though, i mean come on just look at that guy...

Darth_Janus
I think the best part is he's imposing and you can't see his face. He could be sneering or ugly behind that mask and no one would ever know.

Fishy
We did at the end of ROTJ... he didn't look like a nice guy, great Halloween custom though

Darth_Janus
lol

Grand Moff Gav
i don't know why Vader isn't the best i mean the fact that he kills he own soldiers is bad enough pretty vicious if you ask me.

In fact Vader choking failures in the empire was a great idea it really shows that he was questioning himself when he let piett survive in ESB and Piett's return made ROTJ have a hidden realness in it i mean when we saw piett on the star destroyer we all thought dead man walking.

As for SW spawning the best baddies absolutely true i mean it spawned Nute Gunray the best character of them all

exanda kane
True about Lector. But most people are two-dimentional and simple. He is the archetypal villain.

Gen. Grevious
Do you guys think there is anyone more evil in Star Wars than Vader? and i agree about the Lector comment.

Gen. Grevious
Also may i say really the thread asks if the villians of star wars are the best MOVIE villians not real life villians as the hannibal series is based on the real life person Hannibal Lector,so.....yeah

Darth_Janus
Sidious is much more evil than Vader. Vader wasn't even truly evil; he was able to be redeemed. Sidious is so spiteful and hateful he would have whacked his own son and gone on to chunk some peaceful planet afterwards.

Fishy
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
Sidious is much more evil than Vader. Vader wasn't even truly evil; he was able to be redeemed. Sidious is so spiteful and hateful he would have whacked his own son and gone on to chunk some peaceful planet afterwards.

But he doesn't look as cool as Vader does... You don't make a good bad guy when you don't do some serious killing and look like that when there is a big tough guy in a black suit standing next to you

star22
Palpatine is my favorite villain of all times. Vader is third, after Voldemort. A couple of EU villains are third and fourth.

w00t2112
Sidious was that evil, because he had never been in touch with the light side, from his earliest force using days he was a dark side user, vader began as a jedi and then fell, therefore the chances of vader redeeming himself is much easier because he understands that side, while sidious being bred in nothing but darkness gives him a harder ability to do so

General G
Sidious doesn't look evil? Geeze, he scares me, the first time I saw him, I had nightmares!

JaehSkywalker
he looks darn creepy....

Faroth
Thanks for reviving this 9-year dead thread.

willman
lol, yeah W2G

Mišt
I love the aliens in SW, not just the villains.....as soon as an alien comes onscreen, it becomes as iconic as Vader, even if its onscreen for 2 seconds. Seriously, ROTJ: Blue elephant playing drums? It works!

Faroth
Ithorians pwn.

ESB - 1138
I would say Sidious was the greatest movie villian (if not greatest villian in movies, books, games, whatever) of all time. He planned everything

1.) The Clone War
2.) Death of Dooku
3.) Turning of Anakin
4.) Making the Galactic Empire
5.) Killing off the Jedi

He had this planned before The Phantom Meance ever happened.

Blaxican_Jedi
I say... LUKE WAS THE BEST VILLAIN CUZ OF HIS HAXXORS!!! *inhales from marker deeply*

faradayslaw
Not to mention Sidious trained two of the coolest villians ever as his apprentices, Darth Maul and Darth Vader.

Cascador
The best villains are also the ones who are the most admired of course...yes Sidious is more evil than Vader...but Vader in general is more admired maybe because he is both heroic and evil at the same time...

Same goes for Hannibal Lector...he is admired for his intelligence and still in general is a good person...like sidious said..."good is a point of view, Anakin!"

Lector sees himself being not evil...but because he is supposed to be the bad guy in the film he is in the same time also the dark hero in the film.

Padmé Amidala
Exactly true, no one sits back and goes Mwahahaha I love being evil. Everyone thinks they are right and doing the right thing. Like Vader in A New Hope, he calls Leia a traitor, in his mind she is evil..... Although I think all parents think their kids are evil big grin

Tangible God
Nah, I still see Palpatine knowing he's evil, and revelling in it.

Cascador
no...he wanted peace but also power...he saw the Jedi as an obstacle for peace, cause the Jedi would never allow the Sith to rule altho they are both very similar.

I think that is what George Lucas wanted to represent...for example Anakin became evil, but he wasnt born evil...like Hitler or Saddam...Saddam is considered evil and a tyran but I still think he wanted the best for his people from his point of view...same as with Hitler...He thought he could make Europe better if he could make it an empire....He thought was doing good even if it caused war, cause he actually didn't want war.

Palpatine wanted to make the galaxy an empire cause he thought that would bring peace to the galaxy and make it stronger! But he knew that could only be accomplished by war...there are many people who started wars....are they all considered evil...I guess of course most are...altho some follow Bush who also started war but because of a good cause
Well I guess many also thought the same of Palpatine, altho they dont know that he started the war at both sides.

General G
Originally posted by Cascador
no...he wanted peace but also power...he saw the Jedi as an obstacle for peace, cause the Jedi would never allow the Sith to rule altho they are both very similar.

I think that is what George Lucas wanted to represent...for example Anakin became evil, but he wasnt born evil...like Hitler or Saddam...Saddam is considered evil and a tyran but I still think he wanted the best for his people from his point of view...same as with Hitler...He thought he could make Europe better if he could make it an empire....He thought was doing good even if it caused war, cause he actually didn't want war.

Palpatine wanted to make the galaxy an empire cause he thought that would bring peace to the galaxy and make it stronger! But he knew that could only be accomplished by war...there are many people who started wars....are they all considered evil...I guess of course most are...altho some follow Bush who also started war but because of a good cause
Well I guess many also thought the same of Palpatine, altho they dont know that he started the war at both sides.

Good thinking

Tangible God
In my view, Palpatine used his guise of a beloved tyrant who wanted only peace through power, as a public cover-up in which he could fulfill his evil dreams.

Saddam may have wanted the best at one point. But in his aging years, I believe that he didn't care about them anymore. He only cared how he could attain power and wealth, even if it meant doing what he's done.

Hitler as you said, really believed he was doing the good thing. But then again, he was a fecalphiliac.

Cascador
and what evil dreams would that be?
He already had what he wanted...He became the leader of the galaxy and to become that he had to eliminate the Jedi...He said himself that the Jedi could cause a civil war after what happened and he wanted peace...so they had to be killed if peace had to be kept

And civil war is exactly what happened but not by the Jedi but by the Rebellion...If Palpatine wanted to maintain the peace in the galaxy (from his point of view) he had to destroy them too.

I think many like the story that Palpatine is pure evil and he is really evil...but does he think of himself to be evil? Of course he had selfish evil plans in mind....but he thought that it was for a good cause...

I'm not saying he should join "Greenpeace" by now...but he indeed wanted peace, cause he said that in honesty to Anakin. He became honest about his plans after Mace was killed. The destruction of the Jedi...the destruction of the seperatists leaders, reaching peace.

Peace maybe wasn't his first priority...but if wanted to stay a leader he absolutely didn't want war anymore...cause that would only stand in his way to stay a leader.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.