star wars the new jedi order series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

obi-one killer
did anybody think they should of continued the new jedi order series at least two or three more books i mean at the last book they took the vong to the unknown region but what about the rest still fighting what happens and what type of government. any theories???

exanda kane
ive just read vector prime. Where should I go from here?

Darth Ran'dal
After Vector Prime is Dark Tide I: Onslaught and Dark Tide II: Ruin by Michael Stackpole which are both waaay better than Vector Prime. For a full list check out theforce.net book section.

Corranhorn
Yea they are much better.i didn't think that vector prime was that great but im glad i continued reading coz the other books are sweet

obi-one killer
aother thing is there anyone who have found any sith era books?

star22
Ug. I hated the NJO. It totally ruined the expanded universe.

maifoshis
what are you lot talking about the new jedi order is amazing it introduces the new generation of jedi and there is a new book coming out next month continuing the story after the yuzhan vong

kanis
alien The new jedi order is the best that has happened to star wars since the trilogy first came out and for some fans its like another film in a book and its not seeing Han, Luke and Leia. Its their kids and other jedi's taking the fight to the yuzhon vong and its got my favorite jedi in it Kyp Durron.

obi-one killer
thats more like it i want to know what you think of the books or a sertin book

Ken Kenobi
Star by Star, IMO the best NJO book.

obi-one killer
it is all right but like said earlier dark tide I and dark tide II is much better

star22
I still don't like them. I don't like the tone. I didn't like how you had to read all of them in order to understand what was going on.

I read them all, but I never reread them. I reread most of the older books over and over again.

kanis
alien But my favorite one is the last one the unifying force book.

Darth Ran'dal
Traitor is simply amazing, one of the best books I've ever read in any genre.

exanda kane
I didn't think the Vong would fit into Star Wars until I read Vector Prime.

star22
I hated the last one. It totally changed the nature of what SW was about. It changed the nature of the Force as Lucus sees it. I don't like the whole no good or evil thing.

The Ones
people are talking about this. what order does it go in cause im thinking of getting it

star22
Don't. Check them out of a library. Don't buy them.

Jedi7115
NJO SUCKS! The writers ruined the SW Universe by not even learning about black holes. The Vong capture a dozen planets and the republic falls apart. what happened to the other 988 other planets in the republic.
They started the series with R.A. who does awesome fantasy work and tries to bring his D&D magic into a sci-fi universe. Hello! There are more stars in our own gallexy than all the grains of sand of every beach on earth. They made the SWU small when it is supposed to have been huge!

obi-one killer
i agree but the NJO is actually very good there some agrumentive things but you have to agree that the jedi arnt done fighting and i think that there will be some more books comeing out.

YoshiSlayer
There does need to be more books in the series for it to all tie together. but the reason hose twelve planets were so important was because of morale they captured those twelve pretty easily they could capture the rest easily.

kanis
alien Also the fact is that ithor is most important because its where most of the jedi padawans became jedi knights and were given gifts depending on how they had felt. And remeber that chewbacca was the first casulty of the war when a moon was brought down on the planet.

starmovie-jaina
I think that the NJO was nicely tied off but there is that new trilogy coming out in July isn't there a sort of continuation......

TraptUnderIce
NJO kicked ass. Tsavong Lah could take any of the prequel badasses except ObiWan. NJO>Prequels

obi-one killer
i dont know about that the vong were to arogont. they wasted there vessels and killed there m+

e++*n96.

obi-one killer
sorry some people were messing with my computer but like i was saying they killed there men just so they could keep there honor i know that was there belief but they die sonner or latter. theres a new series coming out i think its the legacy of the force the first book comes out next month.

Renegade_Jedi
Unifying Force > All
NJO > All
It explains a frickin' lot if you pay attention.
Also, at the end, the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances is still around, with Cal Omas in charge, as is the Jedi Advisory Council. I'd assume it would be a bit bumpy moving back to 'Scant, and with the pockets of Vong stubborn morons, but overall, the galaxy would return to stability pretty fast. Oh, and the Jedi would be moving to Ossus, it says so at the end.

Renegade_Jedi
And yes, there is a trilogy coming out in July/August about an insect race in the unknown regions, and it takes place about 2-3 years after Unifying Force, I believe.
Can't Wait smile

obi-one killer
its not an insect race. at least thats not whats been said by others but i thought they were countinuing with the vong and telling about ben SkyWalker.

kanis
alien What do you reckon Ben skywalker's lightsaber color will be.

Tangible God
I agree with star22, the whole concept of the force was warped into some omnipotent aspect that is both good and evil but at the same time there IS no good or evil. The last book also fell flat, I mean, the Vong could've still crushed the Galactic Alliance, but no. What did they do? Discovered there phony, corrupt and insane Overlord is dead, and they surrender unconditionally. Man, that book sucked moose testicles.

kanis
starwars do you think ben skywalker will have a blue lightsaber like obi wan did because i need an answer because he is in a fanfiction I'm writing.

InsaneNoodlyGuy
Originally posted by Tangible God
I agree with star22, the whole concept of the force was warped into some omnipotent aspect that is both good and evil but at the same time there IS no good or evil. The last book also fell flat, I mean, the Vong could've still crushed the Galactic Alliance, but no. What did they do? Discovered there phony, corrupt and insane Overlord is dead, and they surrender unconditionally. Man, that book sucked moose testicles.

Of course they Surrendered. Remember the way the entire vong acted through the NJO. This wasn't about their race, it was about their Doctrine. This was a Crusade. They believed their gods wanted all these actions. And because of their toltarian society, the Supreme Overlord was the most loved of the Gods. His death and lack of successor thus immediatly showed that the gods had abandoned them. What, after that, would be the point of fighting?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.