Watch Star Wars Episode III while being in the moment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

macgeek2005
When you are watching a movie, you are only seeing one frame at a time.

I don't care how fast they move. Your eyes are only seeing one frame at a time. For the movie to look like it is moving, you have to be remembering the frame before the frame your looking at.

If you went to the movie theater, completely focused on the moment, you would be looking at a still picture on the screen for 2 hours and 11 minutes.

Let's say your watching Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. In that moment, it's no different than if you had gone into the theater, and it had started playing the movie at Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. Your just remembering the rest of the movie.

What the human mind does as it watches a movie, is always remember what it saw. The whole movement of a movie is caused my remembering images that don't exist in reality any more.

All you are seeing in that moment, is Anakin and Obi-Wan. Because you are remembering all the other stuff you saw, it makes it alot more emotional.

But if you think about it, there is only one frame at a time. There is only one moment.

if you don't quite believe me yet, try this.

Say out loud: "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"

But try and say every single word IN THE MOMENT.

you can't

In one moment you'll say "Star", and while your saying "Wars", you'll think your saying "Star Wars" because you'll be remembering the past, (when you said "Star"wink

Memory is what keeps us alive.

If we didn't have memory, we'd be dead already, because life would go by in less than a nanosecond. Because every moment, is only a moment, and if your not remembering the moment before, to give it a feel of "time", then your life is only a moment.

I hope i'm not spoiling the movie for anybody, by making you realise that in the moment, your only seeing one frame, and that your memory is bringing it to life.

But I just was wondering how many of you understand this.

I mean, you really have to not be so intelligent to not get it.

say "Star Wars". Your remembering "Star" as your saying "Wars"

Do you agree or not?

eXSBass
But one thing you've got to realise it's running at many FPS but it's recorded again so it seems it's running at 1FPS so your mind think it is seeing pictures when in actual fact in reality it's running at 60 - 70 FPS.

macgeek2005
? what do you mean it's recorded again?

eXSBass
I mean...it's filmed, finished, done and dusted. So at the end it's recopyied at 1 frame per second to suite cinemas

macgeek2005
I don't get it. Explain clearer, what you meant in your first post. It makes no sense.

What do you mean by it's "Recorded again".??????????

Darth Subjekt
I wish my memory wouldnt let me remember what I read in your first post.
Dude, who gives a shit, really? This is one of the stupidest threads I've seen yet.
Of course you only see one frame at a time. thats how physics work. You can see more than one frame at a time......so whats the point of this thread??

Dart Saber
Originally posted by macgeek2005

I don't care how fast they move. Your eyes are only seeing one frame at a time. For the movie to look like it is moving, you have to be remembering the frame before the frame your looking at.

If you went to the movie theater, completely focused on the moment, you would be looking at a still picture on the screen for 2 hours and 11 minutes.

Let's say your watching Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. In that moment, it's no different than if you had gone into the theater, and it had started playing the movie at Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. Your just remembering the rest of the movie.

What the human mind does as it watches a movie, is always remember what it saw. The whole movement of a movie is caused my remembering images that don't exist in reality any more.

All you are seeing in that moment, is Anakin and Obi-Wan. Because you are remembering all the other stuff you saw, it makes it alot more emotional.

But if you think about it, there is only one frame at a time. There is only one moment.

if you don't quite believe me yet, try this.

Say out loud: "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"

But try and say every single word IN THE MOMENT.

you can't

In one moment you'll say "Star", and while your saying "Wars", you'll think your saying "Star Wars" because you'll be remembering the past, (when you said "Star"wink

Memory is what keeps us alive.

If we didn't have memory, we'd be dead already, because life would go by in less than a nanosecond. Because every moment, is only a moment, and if your not remembering the moment before, to give it a feel of "time", then your life is only a moment.

I hope i'm not spoiling the movie for anybody, by making you realise that in the moment, your only seeing one frame, and that your memory is bringing it to life.

But I just was wondering how many of you understand this.

I mean, you really have to not be so intelligent to not get it.

say "Star Wars". Your remembering "Star" as your saying "Wars"

Do you agree or not?

Do you wanna .get high laughing laughing

Great stuff man laughing out loud

smoker4
I felt like i was reading this 1 frame per hour, also considering you claim to be an intellectual? can you tell me whats wrong with this sentence?

smokin'

SithSpy
man mcgeek you RUINED the movie for me, now when i see it itll only be IN THE MOMENT!!!! ummmmmmm no no i mean really did you just make this thread to try and make yourself seem smart? cause it didnt work

HAROLD
Originally posted by smoker4
I felt like i was reading this 1 frame per hour, also considering you claim to be an intellectual?

smokin' laughing laughing laughing laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing

ctsketch
wow most pointless thread ever. graphic animation is frame by frame? wow I never knew that, all this time I thought it was the actors behind a glass reacting the movie veery 3 hours for us. I was beginning to wonder how they got so many stunt doubles! Thank yoU Captain Obvious! you are a life saver!

(This message brought to you by an Engineering student with a 3.8 GPA, w00t)

The Ones
Originally posted by ctsketch
wow most pointless thread ever. graphic animation is frame by frame? wow I never knew that, all this time I thought it was the actors behind a glass reacting the movie veery 3 hours for us. I was beginning to wonder how they got so many stunt doubles! Thank yoU Captain Obvious! you are a life saver!

(This message brought to you by an Engineering student with a 3.8 GPA, w00t)

laughing laughing out loud laughing

macgeek2005
Oh, i'm sorry if you've totaly mistaken who I am. Or maybe it's my fault because I usually act really weird online. Either way, you totaly don't know me.

I did grade 6 math at age 3. I played grade 5 piano at age 3 and a half, BY EAR, from listening to recordings. No sheet music. I composed at age 7. I'm well into my second Classical Symphony at the moment, scored for strings and winds.

I've been taking piano lessons for only about 2 years, and I can play just about any piece I want. I'm just a natural.

I've been taking Violin lessons for 2 years, and I am playing the level of 10 years of lessons.

If your wondering "How??", well its simple. I never went to school, and I was never taught anything at home, against my will. The brain learns the fastest when it isn't forced to learn. The brain is always learning. You can't stop it from learning. My older brother never went to school either. At age 16, he covered highschool in 3 months and found it easy. He did that so that he could go to college or whatever.

hmm....yeah, I guess I just don't get through to people online. It's my fault. Sorry guys.

tlbauerle
FYI 24 fps

Nice attempt at being philosophical. Don't quit your day job.

Mandos
What a geek. laughing

smoker4
http://tvland.classictvhits.com/BradyBunch/Pics/Brady02.JPG

palpy_666
What the f**k?

Macgeek's post sounds like something a Matrix nerd would say. lol

Mandos
geekedegeekedegeek.

SuperFooB
What in the hell does IN THE MOMENT mean?

Mandos
It translates for the words:
I'm a fruity Mc-Fruit-Fruit.
...or so macgeek says...

brendy
Oh, i'm sorry if you've totaly mistaken who I am. Or maybe it's my fault because I usually act really weird online. Either way, you totaly don't know me.

I did grade 6 math at age 3. I played grade 5 piano at age 3 and a half, BY EAR, from listening to recordings. No sheet music. I composed at age 7. I'm well into my second Classical Symphony at the moment, scored for strings and winds.

I've been taking piano lessons for only about 2 years, and I can play just about any piece I want. I'm just a natural.

I've been taking Violin lessons for 2 years, and I am playing the level of 10 years of lessons.

If your wondering "How??", well its simple. I never went to school, and I was never taught anything at home, against my will. The brain learns the fastest when it isn't forced to learn. The brain is always learning. You can't stop it from learning. My older brother never went to school either. At age 16, he covered highschool in 3 months and found it easy. He did that so that he could go to college or whatever.

hmm....yeah, I guess I just don't get through to people online. It's my fault. Sorry guys.

All that and you cant learn to stop making STUPID Threads. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!2guns

kiadimundijedi
OK I guess, what is this thread about?

tlbauerle
Originally posted by brendy
All that and you cant learn to stop making STUPID Threads. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!2guns

Aint that the truth...its because people like this turd have ZERO people skills....They just don't freakin' get it.

BTW...MG....thanks for bragging about yourself. Jackass...

bilb
Originally posted by kiadimundijedi
OK I guess, what is this thread about?

not enough expletives in the world to convey my befuddlement at the first post of this thread....

Boris
Reading that made my head hurt....

Sadako of Girth

Well that MUST mean that you are better than all of us huh....??
Well having "all" that ability in one or two areas doesn't mean that you have it all across the board over people in other areas of judgement/perception..... Consider other people with advanced skills but none in other areas like people skills....
Can you say "Rain man".....? laughing

smoker4
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Well that MUST mean that you are better than all of us huh....??
Well having "all" that ability in one or two areas doesn't mean that you have it all across the board over people in other areas of judgement/perception..... Consider other people with advanced skills but none in other areas like people skills....
Can you say "Rain man".....? laughing

ROFLMFAO laughing laughing laughing

Darth Plagueis
6th grade math at age 3....nah, I aint buying that one.

Insomnia
Ok... so...

The movie runs in frames, duh. It's impossible to display a movie that isn't in frames. It doesn't matter though, because our brain can only register something like 30 frames per second anyway, so to us the movement looks real, more or less.

Your saying that if it wasn't for memory we wouldn't be able to watch the movie. No shit, sherlock! Do you have a point, or did you just assume that nobody else realized that without memory we wouldn't have the ability to remember?
In fact, you probably would just be a vegetable, incapable of comprehending anything you see, and I wouldn't call that living in the moment.

Dude, go to school. Otherwise you just make up dumb theories about life all day and think that everyone else is an idiot for not knowing the same.

tlbauerle
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
6th grade math at age 3....nah, I aint buying that one.

me neither...and I'm a child development major...

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by tlbauerle
FYI 24 fps

Nice attempt at being philosophical. Don't quit your day job.

yup

yodafan
What the f**k?

One word:

NERD!!!!

Jedi Priestess
OK while this is midly entertaining wth does it have to do with ROTS?

Mist

Do you agree or not?

thats why they release it on dvd for us to enjoy over and over and over roll eyes (sarcastic)

theshakl
he's playing with us...........

Lazerlike42
I understand the information conveyed, but what is the point? In what way should we apply this to our lives and to our experience watching the movie?

SithSpy
Mcgeek-- After reading your second post I have come to the following conclusion.................You've never gottten laid, have u?

And although i dont fully belive everything you are telling us I can still say this, it is not the knowledge you posess but the application of said knowledge that matters, so like Sadako said, you probaly, actually obviously have NO people skills so your "infinite expanse of knowledge" is useless as long as it is in your head, thank you and have a nice day!

smoker4
After reading his second post i thought this might be a good career move

http://michelemiller.blogs.com/photos/uncategorized/bigbob_1.jpg

stick out tongue

DeadStar
(L) you all

LightSaber_Part
macgeek2005 don't take any of this stuff personal.
A lot of the people here just like to bash other people.

I thought that your first post was an interesting read, I sort of liked it.yes
(I'm pretty sure I understand it)

astrofan428
Wait, so he said that......no, he implied that he has......hold on, he is saying that he....no no wait......oh.....ouch....

Now my head hurts, I cant comprehend this information.

Darth Subjekt
GUYS GUYS GUYS WAIT!!!! MG IS really smart...look at what i found, this is a pic i found of him at a "gifted class" social event....

Darth Subjekt
damn geek, you talk like you have your....

astrofan428
I dont know what to say.....

Texansfan05
no

Darth Subjekt
im sorry, i couldnt resist. But hey, at least im not...backseat modding.

Sorry Ken, lol stick out tongue

El_NINO
my cats breath smells like cat food............. laughing

moviejunkie23
jeez you guys are mean. I feel like i am watching a bunch of dumb jocks pick on poindexter after class.

Darth Subjekt
you gotta admit, its kinda funny.....

star22
Okay, guys. This is really mean.

Texansfan05
This Thread gave me a headache.

star22
Yah. Rather gross and pointless. Why not get back on topic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.