should they "smallville" xmen?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mr.smiley
What I mean is,should they do with xmen,what they do with supes and do a smallville type show?

I think it would have the potential to be cool.
Mix smallville with a dash of xmen evolution and bam!

just an idea I had.

Mainstream
kinda like the xmen legends game...only make it into a show...it could work...make it assessable to the general public...it could work...in theory anyway.

Wickerman
Originally posted by mr.smiley
What I mean is,should they do with xmen,what they do with supes and do a smallville type show?

I think it would have the potential to be cool.
Mix smallville with a dash of xmen evolution and bam!

just an idea I had.

So basically what you're saying is remake X-men Evolution but in reality........................
Personally i think it would kill it. They'd probably try to make it waaaaaaay too commercial, and while Evo was pretty awesome, i doubt this would really have that much potential.

~wickerman~

Mainstream
I think it could work...as a side think I don't think they should "smallive" the comics. I think what your saying is make an xman show that is a combonation between Evo and mabye ultimate xmen or something to that effect.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Wickerman
So basically what you're saying is remake X-men Evolution but in reality........................
Personally i think it would kill it. They'd probably try to make it waaaaaaay too commercial, and while Evo was pretty awesome, i doubt this would really have that much potential.

~wickerman~

kind of.Only it wouldn't be xmen evolution with real people.It would just have evolution elements,such as wolverine being the old grumpy guy and possibly showing some characteres at a younger age.Add elements of buffy,smallville and such.
wait!
idea!
joss whendon could be the shows writer/director

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Mainstream
I think it could work...as a side think I don't think they should "smallive" the comics. I think what your saying is make an xman show that is a combonation between Evo and mabye ultimate xmen or something to that effect.

right

Mainstream
reintroduce the xmen...keep the core stuff Xavier being like Martain Luther king Magneto being like Malcom X. Wolverine being a bad ass, Gambit a theif..Rogue being sad cuz "Ah can't touch people or Ah"ll kill them. but make it more modern and believable.

Wickerman
No no no, not saying it DEFINITELY wouldn't work, but i've seen a few shows that could've been cool turned to utter crap when it was brought to reality. I don't know, maybe it's too much emphasis placed on mobile phones, fashion, "ooh, she kicks ass AND wears awesome new Gucci shoes with crocodile boots at the same time" stuff. Maybe it's just me thinking of shows like XMen as so great due to their fantastic nature on a realistic background, but when that background become so palpable (as in a real show) it loses power sad

I mean, come on, i think it's pretty clear to everyone of how immensely HORRIBLE the Hercules series featuring Kevin Sorbo was and that placed a great emphasis on fantasy.

Turn Evo (even modified) in a real modern environment and (for me at least) it loses a lot of its essence and beauty.

~wickerman~

Mainstream
they could use the x-force line up have it set up in an Apocalyptic war torn world..... the show would have action,drama, love, passion, people would care about the characters..I mean who can care about characters who live in a big comfortable school?

Wickerman
Originally posted by Mainstream
they could use the x-force line up have it set up in an Apocalyptic war torn world..... the show would have action,drama, love, passion, people would care about the characters..I mean who can care about characters who live in a big comfortable school?

now THAT's something i'd watch wink

~wickerman~

EDIT: Also, something interesting IMO would be a show starting with the Morlock Massacre and taking it from there but based mostly on the "mutant world" rather than the day to day human influences on the mutants.

~wickerman~

RogueGambitdare
I think it would be a good idea to make a "smallville" X-Men. It would be quite interesting.

mr.smiley
Ben mckenzie-iceman-from the O.C
kristen kreuk-psylocke-smallville
rachel skarsten-emma frost-birds of prey

jensen ackles-gambit-smallville

just a few ideas

Mainstream
what about the proff?

mr.smiley
i've been looking for people who might pull of him,along with:cyclops,wolverine,jean grey,storm,beast.

With xavier you wan't someone older but not too old.
In my opion,the guy who plays lex luther in smallville would make a good younger version of xavier but im searching for someone else

DarthLazious
Sounds like it would be pretty cool to see.

gls
interesting idea.
but if made i wouldn't want it to be like mutant x. i can't stand that show.

Blair Wind
but wast mutant x the x-men version of smallville? i mean isnt marvel part of the creation? but i guess it could work.....as long as they stay true to character

gls
yes marvel was involved..but it was based on something else i believe.
marvel could do a lot better than mutant x imo.

mr.smiley
yeah.
mutant x should never be mentioned.That was horrible.
Were talking the real mutants!

anyhow.
I think the show could revolve around a lot of characters.Especialy if it ran for an hour (like smallville)

You could run through a lot of xmen and x stories within three or four seasons.

Maybe have each season reflect one of the comic story lines.
Season one-the sentinals and magneto
season two-have a one episode where one of xaviers old enemies (shadow king),returns to wreak havoc on the team.Otherwise lead up to some weapon x stuff and possibly sinister

season three-the return of magneto and a hint at apocalypse.Start with the phoenix saga.Bring in the hell fire club also.

season four-go fully into the phoenix with jean grey dieying in the end.
Hint more at apocalypse.

season five-fully bring in apocalypse and maybe even do some age of apocalypse type stuff.Bring cable in telling the xmen about the grim future of earth.

season six-the return of the phoenix and the end of the series.

something like that!
mayebe?

ayjay
but if its a smallville take on it.....then why the hell would pheonix and be there? I'd like to see a evo looking feel...if they make a series like the one you described...it would be kool..but totaly take away from the movies.....plus...everyone knows wolverine as being played by hugh jackman...if they bring in another grumpy guy...well...i dunno...i dont see it really appealing as much as shows like smallville.

Draco69
Smallville X-Men? We call it Ultimate X-Men.

ayjay
laugh yes....i see your point

gls
ugh..they dont have to have wolverine in everything x-men you know. maybe hugh could jus do appearances to keep the wolvie fans happy...

ayjay
i rekon,....they dun even have to have wolverine at all...they could do a smallville thingy on like...new x-men...where the focus is on the kids

mr.smiley
Originally posted by Draco69
Smallville X-Men? We call it Ultimate X-Men.

it's a comic.
I'm talking tv.A whole different medium.

mr.smiley
Originally posted by ayjay
but if its a smallville take on it.....then why the hell would pheonix and be there? I'd like to see a evo looking feel...if they make a series like the one you described...it would be kool..but totaly take away from the movies.....plus...everyone knows wolverine as being played by hugh jackman...if they bring in another grumpy guy...well...i dunno...i dont see it really appealing as much as shows like smallville.

yeah I see what your saying.That's probably a little to large scale for a tv show.
They would have to dumb down the powers to a certain extent but not so much where the characters are watered down.

"but totaly take away from the movies"

you say that like it's a bad thing. stick out tongue

someone else taking their chance at wolverine would take some getting used to.Don't forget though,most people where doubtful of jackman until we saw him.Besides,even if wolverine wasn't as good,I would sacrafice it to see a acurate potrayel of cyclops and storm.

pr1983
Besides,even if wolverine wasn't as good,I would sacrafice it to see a acurate potrayel of cyclops and storm.

as would i...

the only problems are imo...

smallville has only a few truly central characters, x-men would have more than that...

and buffy became a sham in its later years, i'd hate to see x-men portrayed like that...

mr.smiley
They would have to introduce about five or six key figures.Gradualy have new mutants join the team.

pr1983
They would have to introduce about five or six key figures.Gradualy have new mutants join the team.

yeah...

Wickerman

And those initial six should be:

(IMO)

Prof X
Jean Grey
Cyclops
Storm
Bobby Drake
(and a final idea, which might make things more interesting....dum de duuuuuum) HAVOK

(althought that would kill the whole "OMG you're alive Alex" bit... sad )

~wickerman~

pr1983
And those initial six should be:

(IMO)

Prof X
Jean Grey
Cyclops
Storm
Bobby Drake
(and a final idea, which might make things more interesting....dum de duuuuuum) HAVOK

(althought that would kill the whole "OMG you're alive Alex" bit... sad )

~wickerman~

good list... though where's beast? stick out tongue

Wickerman
Beast? He comes later. He's still Henry McCoy for now wink .

~wickerman~

pr1983
Beast? He comes later. He's still Henry McCoy for now wink .

~wickerman~

henry then... stick out tongue

Wickerman
Originally posted by pr1983
henry then... stick out tongue

LOL....i was thinkin maybe it would be cool to do it like Evo with Henry being their professor at school till he changes into beast when his serum stops working.

~wickerman~

Blair Wind
i think that if they did something like that they should stick with the original 5 ( cyclops, iceman, angel, beast, jean,) but you could also show what they never showed in the comics.....the professor training sage, talkin to storm in a flashback, recruiting others to there cause unofficially, showing xavier as a not so perfect bald headed man who's a saint. then bring in for guests wolvie, gambit, others who show up randomly in the show to fight the good fight, unwillingly.

mr.smiley
my pics would be

proff.x.
cyclops
jean grey
wolverine
beast
storm

and introduce kitty pride becoming an xmen member.

pr1983
mr smiley who let you on ebaumsworld?

mr.smiley
?

Wickerman
I'd preffer (going to the point of becoming annoying) to see Havok being integrated into the team instead of Kitty and more focus on him. I haven't once in all the X-men shows i've seen, witnessed enough emphasis placed on him....and he deserves it.

~wickerman~

pr1983
?

tha avatar...

I'd preffer (going to the point of becoming annoying) to see Havok being integrated into the team instead of Kitty and more focus on him. I haven't once in all the X-men shows i've seen, witnessed enough emphasis placed on him....and he deserves it.

~wickerman~

he has a huge role in the current x-men series of comics...

Wickerman
tha avatar...

he has a huge role in the current x-men series of comics...

by shows i mean tv series
i am aware of his current role in the comics wink

~wickerman~

pr1983
by shows i mean tv series
i am aware of his current role in the comics wink

~wickerman~

ok... my bad...

Wickerman
ok... my bad...

no problemo, understandable

~wickerman~

ayjay
i rekon they should do a show on new x-men...so ppl like...icaraus, elixar, that shick with the pheromnes, the ohter chick with the weird charges commin from her hands, and that black dude that can absorb knowledge...and then have danni and the rest teaching....i think it would make for interesting show...cos they relatively new mutants....and so it would give them a medium to develope aside from the comics...it's also more teenage based...which may appeal

hoorayforpeepee
the character introduction would probably be the same as in ultimate x-men.

iceman, storm, cyclops, jean, wolverine, colossus. then they would filter in nightcrawler, rogue, gambit, etc.

mr.smiley
I got the avatar from brawl-hall.com.

As for wolverine in a smallville show.
I almost think he would be better as a casual guest star so they could do more with x23.(i think that would be cool).
Havok would be kill but in all reality,there's no way a a television company would let a show like this get away with one woman star.
They would definatlaly want to integrate a lot of woman characters.

Wickerman

As for wolverine in a smallville show.
I almost think he would be better as a casual guest star so they could do more with x23.(i think that would be cool).
Havok would be kill but in all reality,there's no way a a television company would let a show like this get away with one woman star.
They would definatlaly want to integrate a lot of woman characters.

Yes. Nowadays you have to be "politically correct" stick out tongue

~wickerman~

pr1983

ok...

Yes. Nowadays you have to be "politically correct" stick out tongue

~wickerman~

well we need something to look at don't we?

mr.smiley
True.
Storm would have to be one of the woman characters too.
You couldn'tj have five or six white people on the team!
lol

stormfront13
I think this would be one of the best shows. like they could have all of them teenagers dealing with their powers. have the first few episodes dedicated to one character. like the first one about xaviers dream, the next one about cyke, the third about jean, the third about storm(i personally think that having one about her would be good) and so on, or basicaly just have a two-hour season finale explaining all of them. they could introduce the danger room and everything, have x-men enemies there also. they woiuld have really good special affects with storms powers, and others. like have it kind of ultimate, but diffrent. show them dealing with powers, and school, and relationships. i would personally watch it

Wickerman
Originally posted by stormfront13
I think this would be one of the best shows. like they could have all of them teenagers dealing with their powers. have the first few episodes dedicated to one character. like the first one about xaviers dream, the next one about cyke, the third about jean, the third about storm(i personally think that having one about her would be good) and so on, or basicaly just have a two-hour season finale explaining all of them. they could introduce the danger room and everything, have x-men enemies there also. they woiuld have really good special affects with storms powers, and others. like have it kind of ultimate, but diffrent. show them dealing with powers, and school, and relationships. i would personally watch it

Yeah, that's basically Ultimate but a real tv show.

~wickerman~

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.