The Amalgams (from the tournament) V's Marvel Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
Norrin Bruce Emerson - The Incredible destruction surfer:

Silver surfer: Mind/Body/abilities
Hulk: Gamma radiation (Rage powers)
Damage: Powers

Hurricane:

binary-powers/body
bloodstorm-powers/magic ability
zatanna-mind/powers

Strange Flashing Man:

Absorbing Man - Body, powers
Flash - Powers
Dr Strange -magical fighting ability mind and powers

Dr. Ethan Vell:

Supreme : Body/Powers
Dr. Druid : Magic/Mind/Telepathy
Captain Marvel : Powers/Nega Bands

Dr. Cain Kallark:

Dr. Fate - Magical abilities, mind, powers
Juggernaut - powers, durability, body
Gladiator - powers

Mr. Blackstrom:

Mr. Majestic: Mind/Body/abilities/powers
Maelstrom: powers/Kinetic draining
Black Bolt: powers/scream

Avenging Moon Imp:

Sersi: powers/mind
Moonstone: powers/body
Impulse: powers

General Kinky:

General Zod - powers/outer armor
Apollo - body/powers
Loki - mind/powers

Flash Thordon:

Quasar: Mind/Quantum Bands
Flash: Power
Thor: Body/Hammer/Power

Morgred the Martian:

Morg - body, powers, axe
Mordred - mind, magic, powers
Martian Manhunter - powers

Versus all the heroes on Marvel Earth ....... excluding the ones used in the creation of said characters

(i made up a name or two as i couldn't find them)

Scoobless
Double Bump

nimbus006
excluding the ones that were used to make the characters... haha then who the hell do you have left Capt Amer. Wolverine and Spiderman... EARTH IS DONE!!!!

Scoobless
you have Sentry, Iron Man, all the X-teams, Avengers, Alpha Flight, Young Avengers, quite a few mystics and sorcerers, Magneto, Hercules, etc, etc..... there are a shitload of heroes on Marvel earth that would stand up to them.... the inhumans........SHIELD....... they could use Sentinels........

nimbus006
eh yea but i still think the Amalgams will take it... i mean Silver Surfer, Captain Marvell, Gladiator, Binary, Black Bolt, Zantanna, General Zod, Loki, Juggenaut, Thor, Hulk, BloodStorm...etc thats a nasty line up

nimbus006
Scoob do they still have those rules that the characters are aware of their other powers but they cant use their full potential? Cuz that would make a huge difference

Scoobless
yes....... the rules still apply........ that's why i posted the mind/body/power aspects........ they each get 2 hours to practice before invading ........ for whatever reason....... (they're out of doughnuts or something)

trying to keep this true to the tourny

nimbus006
Yea that changes things... at first i was just thinking off all those characters against the rest of Marvel Earth. i would probably take the Amalgams if they knew their full potential cuz they would be pretty much unstoppable, But they are very limited with their knowlege of their own powers... so Marvel Earth would probably take them down.

Scoobless
you sure?.... remember that they have the likes of Dr Strange in a practically invulnerable body with Flash Speed (doesn't require too much knowledge)

and, not to be outdone, they have a Thor powered Quasar also with Flash speed.......

that's two of Marvel's most powerful Earth heroes off the Marvel team in Strange and Thor.... not to mention the Surfer

Sentry
The one leading the assault would be Sentry. I didn't choose Beta Ray Bill, he could also help out. Magneto, Ikaris, Makkari, Captain Britain, The X-men, Excalibur, Thunderbolts, The rest of the inhumans, Namor and the Atlanteans, Squadron Supreme, The Ghost Rider, Wonderman and the rest of the Avengers that went their separate ways. It's gonna be a war. But I'm still leaning towards the Amaglams.

Nataku8188
The destruction surfer will throw down with Sentry while the rest of the amalgams work everyone else.

Scoobless
Beta Ray Bill isn't earth based so is not involved... neither are the Squadron Supreme.... who is Makkari?

i forgot about Captain Britain and his reality warping Sword

i figured someone would have mentioned Phoenix by now.... though i think she'd could get taken out by quite a few of the A-team

Nataku8188
If we get all the amalgams matched up against foes I'll write the fight out! =D

Scoobless
too many foes for basic match up system....

which one would you put up against Namor, the FF, Wonderman and Xavier?

Sentry
Makkari, he's an eternal like Ikaris and Sersi.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Scoobless
too many foes for basic match up system....

which one would you put up against Namor, the FF, Wonderman and Xavier?

I could see The gladiator/dr/jugs facing off against Namor, FF and wonderman.

DigiMark007
If I made a list of the top 15 sub-Thanos people in Marvel, probably about 10 of them are in the amalgams, and some of the others wouldn't be in "Marvel Earth" since most are cosmics.

A few like Nate Grey (if he's alive for this), Cable, Pheonix, Sentry, Cap. Britain, Franklin Richards (?!?!) etc. would be a formidable distraction but I'd give the nod to the amalgams. Even with sheer numbers, Morgred the Martian could probably handle the world's major telepaths, and then another telepath (Sersi, Moonstone?, Loki, etc.) could just wipe out mass quantities of heroes and villians. A few of the amalgams are so ridiculously powerful that it'd be incredibly hard to stop them.

And Hurricane could just go into mist form and the amalgams would win. wink

-DM

Scoobless
you have to remember that Morgred doesn't have MM's experience or skill with telepathy

and Hurricane's mist form isn't nearly as invulenrable as SF was trying to make out..... i'm pretty sure it is just regular mist

DigiMark007
I'm thinking (and this'll be a boost to...who is it, KVD?) but Mordred is a telepath himself. He knows how to do stuff with telepathy. MM's powers would just be a power boost...it wouldn't be anything new. So Morgred the Mar. would probably be at least on par with someone like Xavier (since MM is probably more powerful than Xavier) and possibly better.

-DM

P.S. Don't mean to be giving arguments to the person you're going to face, Scoob, but who knows maybe KVD was planning on saying that and it'll give you more time to think of something.

DigiMark007
...and the mist thing was a joke. I know it isn't invulnerable.

-DM

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'm thinking (and this'll be a boost to...who is it, KVD?) but Mordred is a telepath himself. He knows how to do stuff with telepathy. MM's powers would just be a power boost...it wouldn't be anything new. So Morgred the Mar. would probably be at least on par with someone like Xavier (since MM is probably more powerful than Xavier) and possibly better.

-DM

but there are a lot of telepaths on Marvel earth to counter that.... Xavier, Jean, Cable, Psylocke, Emma Frost, etc.....

p.s..... don't help out KVD.... i've got him in the first round.... lol

Scoobless
P.S. Don't mean to be giving arguments to the person you're going to face, Scoob, but who knows maybe KVD was planning on saying that and it'll give you more time to think of something.

don't worry about me.... i got my game face on

evil face

stormfront13
no scob, it not actual mist

Scoobless
but it's definitely not intangible.... so what is it?

Nataku8188
but it's definitely not intangible.... so what is it?

A queef ?

Scoobless
do any of you think that any one Marvel earth character can take down any one of our Amalgams?

Scoobless
and can our ten characters take out Galactus or any other uber being?

stormfront13
idk what it is but it can go intangible. in mutant x number 13, storm does in fact go intangible. kitty(shadowcat) tries to stab her with a wooden stake, and it simply goes through her. another feet bloodstorm accomplished was turning into mist form and choking three vampires, and haly choking shadowcat.

Scoobless
Originally posted by stormfront13
idk what it is but it can go intangible. in mutant x number 13, storm does in fact go intangible. kitty(shadowcat) tries to stab her with a wooden stake, and it simply goes through her. another feet bloodstorm accomplished was turning into mist form and choking three vampires, and haly choking shadowcat.

the stake would pass through mist without it being intangible... if it was intangible it couldn't possibly have choked anyone

how do you choke a vampire?..... they don't have to breath

stormfront13
idk if she was choking them, but she is in mist form, and they are grabbing their necks. the next panel shows them on the floor, and her solidifying from mist-form. and its not normal mist

Scoobless
either way.... the Mandroids took her down before so it is neither intangible nor invulnerable

K Von Doom
Mordred is a telepath himself. He knows how to do stuff with telepathy. MM's powers would just be a power boost...it wouldn't be anything new.

You've ruined me Digimark! LOL.... embarrasment

Scoobless
lol....... i actually hadn't really considered that telepathy would be one of your main tactics..........

tx Digi

stick out tongue

laughing

DigiMark007
Sorry KVD...I really didn't mean it to affect the battles...I was just saying about this thread.

But sorry again. I went through each character after they were chosen to see how I would argue for them, and that was one of the first things I thought of for your guy.

It's still your advantage as I see it, since it's a good strategy and a good argument...and it was bound to come up in the battle thread sooner or later.

-DM

P.S. I'm debating whether or not I should divulge something I think Scoob might use to even things out. I'll refrain from doing it though...caused enough damage already. hehe big grin

Scoobless
Sorry KVD...I really didn't mean it to affect the battles...I was just saying about this thread

you didn't...... i knew telepathy could be an option, i planned for it back in the character selection

DigiMark007
do any of you think that any one Marvel earth character can take down any one of our Amalgams?

Franklin Richards would probably be able to take out quite a few of our guys (or all). Otherwise I can't think of one. Dr. Strange with tons of prep might take out a few, or Nate Grey/God-Cable if they get lucky. We don't really know about Sentry, but if the "rumors" are true he'd probably jack up anyone without a sufficiently strong "body" and could probably hold his own with more than a few of the amalgams.

We'd have a lot of magic, that's for sure. We have pretty much every powerful sub-skyfather sorcerer in Marvel between the 10 amalgams, and Big G hates magic. Properly prepped I think we could manage it. Wally might be able to do something interesting too, though anyone who can travel as fast as Big G might not be able to have their speed "stolen".

Just picturing the "Amalgam Brute Squad" (with all of our pics) hunting down Galactus is a hilarious thought. I'd love to see the fight.

-DM

Scoobless
we should send our amalgams to marvel/DC/Wildstorm and ask for a mini series

now we just need a name and a quest of some kind

Nataku8188
The KMC amaglams- quest for ass-whompery.

Khellendros
Pfffft. General Kinky, Dr. Kallark and Blackstrom could push the Earth into the sun before any of the heros on the planet could mount a decent defense.

long pig
My guy's name is BIG SEXY!
respect BIG SEXY!

Nataku8188
Originally posted by Khellendros
Pfffft. General Kinky, Dr. Kallark and Blackstrom could push the Earth into the sun before any of the heros on the planet could mount a decent defense.

What about the sentry? Is that the Surfer and the Juggernaut/Gladiator/DR combo's task? Hold off 'Jesus' while you guys kill everyone else?

long pig
Sentry could take us all out. Even my dear BIG SEXY.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by long pig
Sentry could take us all out. Even my dear BIG SEXY.

If the entire team spent three hours beating the shit out of Surfer he'd be able to last against sentry. Especially if the mages put some nice spells on him, and the flashes transfered some of their speed force to him.

K Von Doom
lol....... i actually hadn't really considered that telepathy would be one of your main tactics..........

Well, it was.... or was it? confused LOL

DigiMark007
"The quest for ass-whompery" ...LOL...Love it!

They'd probably write General Kinky down though. Anyone with a name like that wouldn't be taken too seriously. He'd become comic relief...I'd have to change his name for the comic series.

And longpig, I was thinking "Strange Flasher Man" would be good for you too. But to each his own, so "Big Sexy" it is.

-DM

GalacticStorm
"i figured someone would have mentioned Phoenix by now.... though i think she'd could get taken out by quite a few of the A-team"

Scoobs you know very well that none of your amalgams can take out Phoenix lol. Dont be silly. Especially with Evangels tournament rules. Your characters arent going to be able to use their powers to their full potential for a start. Even if they could the characters are below skyfather level so phoenix would eat them alllllllll!!!!!!!!

DigiMark007
Yeah, Galactic, the characters in the amalgams are all below Skyfather (at or below herald actually, so guys like Thanos or Mephisto are banned) but put together I'd wager a few of them would punch Odin's face in. It wouldn't be easy, but they can be more than the sum of their parts.

And Pheonix would be tough, but I think she'd bite it too. It might be an inherent part of Jean and all, but it's not the full Pheonix power, only part.

-DM

stormfront13
lol we would so win, my character could wipe everyone from existance with a thought, or make all my teammates indestructible, and give everyone a portion of the phoenix force

Scoobless
lol we would so win, my character could wipe everyone from existance with a thought, or make all my teammates indestructible, and give everyone a portion of the phoenix force

or get punched in the stomach and collapse.... lol

stick out tongue

stormfront13
that's why i have binary lol

Nataku8188
that's why i have binary lol

Binary isn't THAT durable. A shot from sentry would put her down. Some webbing over her mouth from spidey, or a few blows from a superman class character would stop her.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Binary isn't THAT durable. A shot from sentry would put her down. Some webbing over her mouth from spidey, or a few blows from a superman class character would stop her.

*ding ding*... Nat V's SF.... round 2

lol

stormfront13
nope, she's as durable as silver surfer, for more info talk to galacticstorm

Nataku8188
nope, she's as durable as silver surfer, for more info talk to galacticstorm

Did I say surfer would be able to take those shots? No, I didn't.

Scoobless
regardless.....Flash Thordon...... Saviour of the Universe is too pure hearted to let you traitors turn on the earth...... he'd switch back to the "good" guys team and beat all o' yo asses..... beeeeeeaatch!

stormfront13
yeah but surfer can also very durable

Nataku8188
yeah but surfer can also very durable

I'm well aware.

stormfront13
and they have basically the same amount of invulnerability

DigiMark007
But General Kinky is cooler (and creepier wink ) depending on how many of his kinky "gadgets" he brings to the fight with him. And Apollo is my body...hahahaha....the possibilities are endless.

Hoping to creep people out so SF and Nat don't turn this into WWIII. cool

-DM

Nataku8188
and they have basically the same amount of invulnerability

They are still no match for Sentry

stormfront13
yeah i never said they did you just made it sound like they didn't have any invulnerability

Nataku8188
yeah i never said they did you just made it sound like they didn't have any invulnerability

They don't have invulnerability, they are just damage resistant.

stormfront13
isn't that what it's called when you have high resistance to damage?

Nataku8188
isn't that what it's called when you have high resistance to damage?

Invulnerable means you cannot take damage.

stormfront13
oh lol realized my mistake lol never mind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.