Savage Hulk vs Morg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

armandovalles
Who wins?

Cosmic Cube
Morg, pretty obviously.

K Von Doom
Morg

leonidas
i'd say this was a pretty damn close fight. morg would try tackling hulk physically. i'd go with hulk for at least a split.

guy222
Hulk

Warlord
herald

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by K Von Doom
Morg

Enyalus
Originally posted by leonidas
i'd say this was a pretty damn close fight. morg would try tackling hulk physically. i'd go with hulk for at least a split.
I agree that Morg would be an idiot and attempt to turn this into a purely physical battle.

That's why Savage Hulk wrecks his ass.

Bouboumaster
Like against Superman, with his powerset, Morg should win 10/10.

But he would probably go physical with Hulk, and it's a fight to loose against the green goliat.

theICONiac
What version of Morg is this?????????????

leonidas
there's really only 1 version . . . the waters of life was a special version. this is simply morg. no expression

darthgoober
Originally posted by Enyalus
I agree that Morg would be an idiot and attempt to turn this into a purely physical battle.

That's why Savage Hulk wrecks his ass.
Yeah but it's Morg's not really the type to trade punches with Hulk, he's actually too blood thirsty for that. Even if he doesn't use the Power Cosmic exotically, he's definitely going to bring his cosmic ax(and the occasional energy blast) into play which means his attacks will be far more lethal. Even if Savage Hulk was stronger(which I doubt at the beginning of the match), Morg's strength+ax should be more than sufficient to decapitate Green skin since he once sliced Surfer's board in half.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by darthgoober
Yeah but it's Morg's not really the type to trade punches with Hulk, he's actually too blood thirsty for that. Even if he doesn't use the Power Cosmic exotically, he's definitely going to bring his cosmic ax(and the occasional energy blast) into play which means his attacks will be far more lethal. Even if Savage Hulk was stronger(which I doubt at the beginning of the match), Morg's strength+ax should be more than sufficient to decapitate Green skin since he once sliced Surfer's board in half.

thumb up

Wild Shadow
Morg would decapitate hulk or split him in half.

Kris Blaze
People forget how far above Hulk the classic Surfer was.

quanchi112
Hulk wins.

TricksterPriest
Morg has a good chance of losing this due to pure stupidity. That being said, if he spams PC blasts and that ax, I can see him taking Hulk a few times.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Morg has a good chance of losing this due to pure stupidity. That being said, if he spams PC blasts and that ax, I can see him taking Hulk a few times. How else would Morg fight him?

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
How else would Morg fight him?
Morg's got that honor thing going on. You've seen how he fights. Axe to axe. Fist to fist. Straight-forward, and proud of it.

quanchi112
Morg's got that honor thing going on. You've seen how he fights. Axe to axe. Fist to fist. Straight-forward, and proud of it. That's why he loses this. This is just the sort of fight the Hulk wins.

Enyalus
That's why he loses this. This is just the sort of fight the Hulk wins.
Yep.

Kris Blaze
When Morg's axe ****ing dices Hulk this shouldn't be up for a discussion.

Let's not forget that a power cosmic user who puts emphasis on physical combat will do a SHITLOAD better than the Hulk. The Power cosmic is a FAR more viable source of energy than your own anger combined with Gamma.

leonidas
yep.

darthgoober
Morg's got that honor thing going on. You've seen how he fights. Axe to axe. Fist to fist. Straight-forward, and proud of it.
Huh? Hasn't he used his ax against Surfer in all of their fights?

AlmightyKfish
Morg wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
When Morg's axe ****ing dices Hulk this shouldn't be up for a discussion.

Let's not forget that a power cosmic user who puts emphasis on physical combat will do a SHITLOAD better than the Hulk. The Power cosmic is a FAR more viable source of energy than your own anger combined with Gamma. So you feel that Morg's axe is greater than Thor's hammer?

darthgoober
So you feel that Morg's axe is greater than Thor's hammer?
Morg's ax has a lethal edge, Thor's hammer doesn't.

AlmightyKfish
So you feel that Morg's axe is greater than Thor's hammer?

It's a different kind of weapon

Blunt force ala Mjolnir used purely as a physical weapon is going to be less effective on Hulk and Morg's axe used purely as a physical weapon.

Morg could just do what SpeekFreak (I think) did to Hulk, except do it with enough strength to tear Hulk in half.

quanchi112
Morg's ax has a lethal edge, Thor's hammer doesn't. Thor's hammer still has done far more than Morg's axe. I get that it's sharper, but that doesn't mean that a a sharper object packs more whallop than the hammer. Look at how Masterson Thor almost beat Gladiator to death in moments.

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
It's a different kind of weapon

Blunt force ala Mjolnir used purely as a physical weapon is going to be less effective on Hulk and Morg's axe used purely as a physical weapon.

Morg could just do what SpeekFreak (I think) did to Hulk, except do it with enough strength to tear Hulk in half. Hulk was recently stabbed right through the chest by Skaar. It really didn't look to have much of an effect on him and even Skaar seemed to know it.

darthgoober
Thor's hammer still has done far more than Morg's axe. I get that it's sharper, but that doesn't mean that a a sharper object packs more whallop than the hammer. Look at how Masterson Thor almost beat Gladiator to death in moments.

It doesn't have to pack more of a wallop, it's sharp enough to cut Surfer's board in half.

quanchi112
It doesn't have to pack more of a wallop, it's sharp enough to cut Surfer's board in half. Cutting the Hulk doesn't mean you are beating the hulk. He can heal just fine from piercing wounds. Thor's hammer has been shown to trump Morg's axe in feats also.

Nihilist
Morg destroys him

darthgoober
Cutting the Hulk doesn't mean you are beating the hulk. He can heal just fine from piercing wounds. Thor's hammer has been shown to trump Morg's axe in feats also.
We're not talking about a "piercing wound", we're talking about decapitation or being cut in half.

quanchi112
We're not talking about a "piercing wound", we're talking about decapitation or being cut in half. You know we are talking about the Hulk, right? How likely is this scenario?

Kris Blaze
You know the Hulk's stock is rising into insanity when you need a weapon greater than Mjolnir in order to harm him.

His throat was cut by regular blades in Nightmerica, he was impaled by Skaar recently, etc.

Uncle Moses
The Hulk wins.

The Hulk would probably take any mainstream Herald not named Surfer for the majority.

Enyalus
Huh? Hasn't he used his ax against Surfer in all of their fights?
All the fights I've seen, yeah.

Originally posted by Uncle Moses
The Hulk would probably take any mainstream Herald not named Surfer for the majority.
No.

Uncle Moses
Who couldn't the Hulk take for a majority?

Firelord?
Air-Walker?
Terrax?

darthgoober
You know we are talking about the Hulk, right? How likely is this scenario?
Given the fact that Hulk's been cut by Wolverine, Speedfreek, and Talos and Morg has cut Surfer's board right down the middle with a single swing... I'd say pretty likely.

Enyalus
Who couldn't the Hulk take for a majority?

Firelord?
Air-Walker?
Terrax?

I don't think he'd take Firelord for the majority. And all fear the uberness that is Red Shift. shifty

But I misunderstood your comment. When you said 'mainstream Herald' I thought you were referring to everyone in the herald tier system. My bad on that.

Uncle Moses
Nahhh I meant more popular heralds of Galactus.

Because a jackass would probably say something like what about the Destroyer when they know what I meant.

darthgoober
All the fights I've seen, yeah.

Then why do you think he's the type to try to go h2h with Hulk?

Enyalus
Then why do you think he's the type to try to go h2h with Hulk?
What I had basically meant was that Morg is not the type to pull of exotic attacks beyond PC blasts out of his axe, etc. He's going to go straight at Hulk, using just his axe and probably his fists, too, and I think anyone using that kind of technique and in that kind of mind set facing off against a Savage Hulk would be hard pressed to pull off a majority of wins.

And I don't think Morg does it.

darthgoober
What I had basically meant was that Morg is not the type to pull of exotic attacks beyond PC blasts out of his axe, etc. He's going to go straight at Hulk, using just his axe and probably his fists, too, and I think anyone using that kind of technique and in that kind of mind set facing off against a Savage Hulk would be hard pressed to pull off a majority of wins.

And I don't think Morg does it.
Why? I've seen Hulk been cut wide open by guys who are no where near Morg's level, so what makes you think he'll do well against Morg's ax?

Naija boy
Morg ftw. mainly because of his axe.

Enyalus
Why? I've seen Hulk been cut wide open by guys who are no where near Morg's level, so what makes you think he'll do well against Morg's ax?
Dare I say that he's faster than Morg H2H? Plus Savage Hulk's HF is far superior to base Hulk.

...Morg was physically stalemating SS in their first encounter though, wasn't he? Something I just thought of. embarrasment

TricksterPriest
You know the Hulk's stock is rising into insanity when you need a weapon greater than Mjolnir in order to harm him.

His throat was cut by regular blades in Nightmerica, he was impaled by Skaar recently, etc.

You know, I was giving this to hulk initially until I gave it a 2nd thought. Morg IS an idiot. But........he's also powerful enough to beat most of Galactus's heralds, and he's given Surfer a good fight a few times. He loses to guys in his own tier. Hulk is not in his tier.

And Morg is also decently fast. Combined with his weapon, his PC powers which he does use physically at least compedently, and his strength, yeah.......

Oh yeah, and as someone mentioned, Surfer is usually way above the Hulk in strength. Morg has at least stalemated with Surfer. Slice&dice. evil face

psycho gundam
it's still valid, morg hasn't bifurcated every opponent he's ever faced, there is always some wrestling and fisticuffs mixed in. the axe could be seperated from him.

but morg for the majority since his axe is quite the advantage in this fight.

Uncle Moses
I'll admit, I lol'd @ Surfer being stronger than Hulk.

darthgoober
Dare I say that he's faster than Morg H2H? Plus Savage Hulk's HF is far superior to base Hulk.

...Morg was physically stalemating SS in their first encounter though, wasn't he? Something I just thought of. embarrasment
I doubt he's faster(though Morg's admittedly short on feats in that department) and even if by some chance he was, Savage Hulk isn't really the type to pull a speedblitz or evade every attack.

Yep. In their first fight, Morg actually walked away the winner. Surfer redeemed himself latter on, but even that was a good fight.

quanchi112

His throat was cut by regular blades in Nightmerica, he was impaled by Skaar recently, etc. And impaling he seemed like a minor inconvenience.

Given the fact that Hulk's been cut by Wolverine, Speedfreek, and Talos and Morg has cut Surfer's board right down the middle with a single swing... I'd say pretty likely. I am not saying he isn't likely to cut him, but right down the middle. Not a chance. Morg could never cut the Surfer in half just like he won't ever cut the hulk in half.

darthgoober
I am not saying he isn't likely to cut him, but right down the middle. Not a chance. Morg could never cut the Surfer in half just like he won't ever cut the hulk in half.
Surfer's body is more durable than Hulk's. If he can cut Surfer's board down the middle, he can do the same to Hulk since Hulk's been cut by far less.

Slaanesh
Morg FTW

quanchi112
Surfer's body is more durable than Hulk's. If he can cut Surfer's board down the middle, he can do the same to Hulk since Hulk's been cut by far less. No, he really isn't. You haven't given me one example of him doing so. Just because he has wrecked the Surfer's board that doesn't mean he is going to do the same thing to the Hulk. Not at all.

quanchi112
Maybe this scan will wake you up. He only understands brute force while Hulk will heal all day long while getting stronger. Hulk ftw.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/SilverSurferAnnual07_29.jpg

darthgoober
No, he really isn't. You haven't given me one example of him doing so. Just because he has wrecked the Surfer's board that doesn't mean he is going to do the same thing to the Hulk. Not at all.
Sure he is and sure it does. Surfer's board>Hulk's neck.

darthgoober
Maybe this scan will wake you up. He only understands brute force while Hulk will heal all day long while getting stronger. Hulk ftw.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/SilverSurferAnnual07_29.jpg
Brute force is all he needs to decapitate Green Skin.

Enyalus
Brute force is all he needs to decapitate Green Skin.
Pfft. If Hulk's hands can stop Gladiator's Heat Vision then they can stop Morg's axe. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Sure he is and sure it does. Surfer's board>Hulk's neck. He destroyed an object not a person in this manner. Wishful thinking on your part here.

You massively underrate the Hulk. Who has Morg killed with his axe? Let's go from here and work our way around.Originally posted by darthgoober
Brute force is all he needs to decapitate Green Skin. Can you provide any examples of him doing so?

So far he has no healing factor while the Hulk gets stronger each and every time Morg hits him. Doesn't look good at all for Morg.

darthgoober
He destroyed an object not a person in this manner. Wishful thinking on your part here.

You massively underrate the Hulk. Who has Morg killed with his axe? Let's go from here and work our way around. Can you provide any examples of him doing so?
Are you honestly trying to claim that it'd would be out of character for a bloodthirsty former executioner to decapitate somebody... laughing out loud

So far he has no healing factor while the Hulk gets stronger each and every time Morg hits him. Doesn't look good at all for Morg.
So far you haven't proved that Hulk will be able to survive against Morg whether he goes for decapitation or not. Morg beat Surfer one on one, has Savage Hulk even gotten close when he squared off with Norrin?

quanchi112
Are you honestly trying to claim that it'd would be out of character for a bloodthirsty former executioner to decapitate somebody... laughing out loud

So far you haven't proved that Hulk will be able to survive against Morg whether he goes for decapitation or not. Morg beat Surfer one on one, has Savage Hulk even gotten close when he squared off with Norrin? I'd like an example of him doing so. He cut a board in half, but who has he killed in the manner you are describing who is comparable to the Hulk.

What? Hulk has a healing factor while Morg doesn't. Hulk has taken on a Thor for 60 minutes before and was fine. Morg will just gas out while the Hulk can eat the damage and will continue to grow in strength.

darthgoober
I'd like an example of him doing so. He cut a board in half, but who has he killed in the manner you are describing who is comparable to the Hulk.
Decapitations aren't often depicted on panel, but he went for one against Thanos(it's just that Thanos blocked with an ax of his own).

What? Hulk has a healing factor while Morg doesn't. Hulk has taken on a Thor for 60 minutes before and was fine. Morg will just gas out while the Hulk can eat the damage and will continue to grow in strength.
What makes you think he'll gas out before Hulk? Morg's never fought Thor so we don't know how they'll match up, but both of them have fought Surfer and we know who looks better in those encounters...

quanchi112
Decapitations aren't often depicted on panel, but he went for one against Thanos(it's just that Thanos blocked with an ax of his own).

What makes you think he'll gas out before Hulk? Morg's never fought Thor so we don't know how they'll match up, but both of them have fought Surfer and we know who looks better in those encounters... I am not saying he won't go for one I am saying we have no proof of him killing anyone in the Hulk's league. Thanos would have survived it.

Because the Hulk has an insane healing factor and his strength grows with increased anger.

Thor is more powerful than the Surfer and would definitely wreck Morg if he can easily do so to the Silver Surfer.

darthgoober
I am not saying he won't go for one I am saying we have no proof of him killing anyone in the Hulk's league. Thanos would have survived it.
If it can cut Surfer's board in half it can sever Hulk's neck.

Because the Hulk has an insane healing factor and his strength grows with increased anger.
Has he ever healed from decapitation?

Thor is more powerful than the Surfer and would definitely wreck Morg if he can easily do so to the Silver Surfer.
Nonsense. Thor can't even take Hulk, Wonder Man, or Firelord with ease, he's not going to do so to Surfer in a no PIS fight. And yes I know that you're not the biggest fan of the "No PIS" rule but it's there so learn to live with it. You have one arc to support your opinion, I have multiple stories with multiple writers to support mine.

quanchi112
If it can cut Surfer's board in half it can sever Hulk's neck.

Has he ever healed from decapitation?

Nonsense. Thor can't even take Hulk, Wonder Man, or Firelord with ease, he's not going to do so to Surfer in a no PIS fight. And yes I know that you're not the biggest fan of the "No PIS" rule but it's there so learn to live with it. You have one arc to support your opinion, I have multiple stories with multiple writers to support mine. Prove it. Masteron Thor could have killed the Hulk while the real Thor only pisses the Hulk off more with direct blows to the head. Gladiator is also more durable.

You still haven't proven he can decapitate the Hulk. I guess I accept your concession.

Yes, he will. In a non pis fight the Hulk gets stronger and more pissed off while Morg continually takes more damage and eventually falters just like against the Surfer.

darthgoober
Prove it. Masteron Thor could have killed the Hulk while the real Thor only pisses the Hulk off more with direct blows to the head. Gladiator is also more durable.

You still haven't proven he can decapitate the Hulk. I guess I accept your concession.

Yes, he will. In a non pis fight the Hulk gets stronger and more pissed off while Morg continually takes more damage and eventually falters just like against the Surfer.

Hulk's been cut by less. There's the proof.

Sure I have, if Hulk can be cut by the likes of Speedfreek then he can be decapitated by someone as powerful as Morg.

Nope. He gets his head lopped off since there's no Comics Code on KMC and Morg wins.

SuperiorTech
Hulk was sliced up by Skaar recently he even drove his sword right into his chest.

D_Dude1210
I am not saying he isn't likely to cut him, but right down the middle. Not a chance. Morg could never cut the Surfer in half just like he won't ever cut the hulk in half.

You DO know that if Morg ever cut the Surfer in half, it'd make for a very short comic series?

Kris Blaze
BAM!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Hulk-Nightmerica4-P19HG.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Hulk-Nightmerica4-P21HG.jpg

The Pict
Morg ftw

Uncle Moses
I suppose the fanboy rational is Morg can cut Savage Hulk so he takes the majority, because Hulk is going to sit there and let him cut him and not try to disarm him.

D_Dude1210
I suppose the fanboy rational is Morg can cut Savage Hulk so he takes the majority, because Hulk is going to sit there and let him cut him and not try to disarm him.

Ok, in a fight, what's easier, decapitating someone with an axe or disarming someone with an axe who is trying to decapitate you while you're in a mindless rage?

Uncle Moses
Are you assuming the fight is between two evenly matched humans?

Or is this a scenario between a you and a monster who's strength and, likely, speed, already eclipses yours and grows with every cut? Not to mention he almost instantly heals when you pull your ax out?

D_Dude1210
Are you assuming the fight is between two evenly matched humans?

Or is this a scenario between a you and a monster who's strength and, likely, speed, already eclipses yours and grows with every cut? Not to mention he almost instantly heals when you pull your ax out?

You're assuming too much. Hulk is neither stronger (starting strength) nor faster. Morg's not trying to cut him, he's trying to decapitate him. And unless he can heal through decapitation, he gets one-shot.

Oh, you'll need to consider that Morg can fly (allowing for a better angle at the head).

Uncle Moses
Bwahahahaha @ Hulk not being stronger than Morg.

Surely you must be joking.

D_Dude1210
Bwahahahaha @ Hulk not being stronger than Morg.

Surely you must be joking.

Starting strength? Nope.

Uncle Moses
Again, lol.

Uncle Moses
So you think Morg is stronger than Thor?

D_Dude1210

Sigh. They're both class 100's, but no, I think Thor edges out Morg a bit.

Hulk at his base strength has always been considered as weaker than class 100, or barely class 100. Under forum rules, he doesn't start amped by his rage even though he starts Savage.

Uncle Moses
Okay, so, starting off, you do realise that Hulk has NEVER looked weaker than Thor?

Kris Blaze

Funny thing is, Thor stalemated Hulk for an hour far into the fight. So how can Hulk be so much stronger?

Another interesting thing is the fact that Morg has THE POWER COSMIC.

Uncle Moses
Nova also has the POWER COSMIC

I guess she's stronger than Hulk too because of the POWER COSMIC.

Aunt May had the POWER COSMIC as well. I guess the Golden Oldie would amp her STRENGTH and DESTROY Hulk in the fisticuffs.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Sigh. They're both class 100's, but no, I think Thor edges out Morg a bit.

Hulk at his base strength has always been considered as weaker than class 100, or barely class 100. Under forum rules, he doesn't start amped by his rage even though he starts Savage.

Wait??? I thought the reason said "Savage" was because Hulk would already be at elevated levels of rage. So bringing up base level hulk strength is moot, no?

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Wait??? I thought the reason said "Savage" was because Hulk would already be at elevated levels of rage. So bringing up base level hulk strength is moot, no?

I believe "Savage Hulk" was more indicative of which incarnation of Hulk. So, while in a prolonged fight, Hulk would definitely become too strong or too durable for Morg, I don't think it'll take that long.

Uncle Moses
Bringing up Hulk's base level strength is mute, because Savage Hulk at base is as strong as Thor.

Who's stronger than Morg.

Which means you were incorrect in your statement.

D_Dude1210
Bringing up Hulk's base level strength is mute, because Savage Hulk at base is as strong as Thor.

Who's stronger than Morg.

Which means you were incorrect in your statement.

Proof that his BASE strength is equal to Thor?

Uncle Moses
Every fight the two have ever had?

D_Dude1210
Every fight the two have ever had?

Which fight started off with Hulk at base strength?

Uncle Moses
All of them.

D_Dude1210
All of them.

Lol. Scan?

Every issue I remembere where Thor fought the Savage Hulk already had the Hulk rampaging against someone. Means he's already been amped. Now, if Thor fought him JUST as he turned to the Hulk, would be different.

Uncle Moses
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Thor+vs.+Hulk+scans

quanchi112
Hulk's been cut by less. There's the proof.

Sure I have, if Hulk can be cut by the likes of Speedfreek then he can be decapitated by someone as powerful as Morg.

Nope. He gets his head lopped off since there's no Comics Code on KMC and Morg wins. I had a typo. I meant Masterson Thor could have killed Gladiator who is more durable than the Hulk with just hammer blows.

Yes, but never cut in half. He can be cut by the axe, but in half you are being desperate.

Even in this instance you are referring to it wasn't the savage Hulk and he healed from it just fine. He was nowhere near to being cut in half and speedfreek used his speed to do it while Morg doesn't rely on speed. What a worthless example.

You still haven't provided me with an example. Hulk wins, but going toe to toe with him and getting angrier in the process.

D_Dude1210
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Thor+vs.+Hulk+scans

You DO know the website is a dead giveaway right?

Very mature of you, tho.

Uncle Moses
You're the one making up facts about the Hulk, IE, he's weak at base.

quanchi112
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Hulk was sliced up by Skaar recently he even drove his sword right into his chest. Which I have already commented on. It had little to no effect on him. Hulk wasn't battling him at the time either.Originally posted by D_Dude1210
You DO know that if Morg ever cut the Surfer in half, it'd make for a very short comic series? He doesn't have to cut the Surfer in half. It can do be someone else you know.

D_Dude1210
You're the one making up facts about the Hulk, IE, he's weak at base.

He's not weak at base, I just don't see him as stronger than Morg. I see them both as Class 100.

The common consensus about Hulk has always been that he started at lower than Class 100 at base or at least at low Class 100's. He DOES get stronger, much stronger, but I don't see him being stronger than Morg (who is at Class 100's, too) at his base strength.

Uncle Moses
If he's a low CL100 at base, Thor must be a low CL100, they've always been evenly matched with Hulk eventually starting to get stronger.

D_Dude1210
If he's a low CL100 at base, Thor must be a low CL100, they've always been evenly matched with Hulk eventually starting to get stronger.

Again, when has Hulk and Thor ever fought H2H with Banner JUST changing into the Savage Hulk?

Uncle Moses
So you're saying that the only time Hulk is ever at base strength is the moments after he transforms?

Kris Blaze
Nova also has the POWER COSMIC

I guess she's stronger than Hulk too because of the POWER COSMIC.

Aunt May had the POWER COSMIC as well. I guess the Golden Oldie would amp her STRENGTH and DESTROY Hulk in the fisticuffs.

Nova wasn't a physical fighter and if Aunt May focused on fighting physically she could become much, much stronger than the Hulk.

False.

Uncle Moses
Sure, Thor has the Asgardian cosmic. He can also amp his strength beyond Hulk, so I guess they never were evenly matched.

Kris Blaze
Sure, Thor has the Asgardian cosmic. He can also amp his strength beyond Hulk, so I guess they never were evenly matched.

If they were evenly matched at the beginning, why was Thor able to stalemate him for an hour much longer after the fight had started?

You claim that the Hulk grows in strength so rapidly, yet you claim that he's at his base when he's been fighting for a very long time?

Uncle Moses
Probably because Hulk didn't get much stronger over the course of the hour.

And I've never claimed Hulk can grow much stronger rapidly.

psycho gundam
i think that incident had more to do with plot.

thor was still in his arrogant phase and his early relationship with the hulk was a very humbling experience, a deadlock with a human was actually what thor needed.

Kris Blaze
Probably because Hulk didn't get much stronger over the course of the hour.

And I've never claimed Hulk can grow much stronger rapidly.

So you think that Hulk starts off as Thor's equal and does NOT get stronger. Wonder how the hell Doc Samson knocked out the hulk then.

Originally posted by psycho gundam
i think that incident had more to do with plot.

thor was still in his arrogant phase and his early relationship with the hulk was a very humbling experience, a deadlock with a human was actually what thor needed.

I'm referring to the time when Strange interrupted them, not the time when Thor threw away his hammer....

Nor was it a particularly humbling experience.

psycho gundam
So you think that Hulk starts off as Thor's equal and does NOT get stronger. Wonder how the hell Doc Samson knocked out the hulk then.
hulk calmed down and wanted to leave, his power plummeted and samson cheap shotted him since he thought it was an imitation.

Uncle Moses
He knocked him out with a sucker shot, the same way Mantis knocked Thor out, except Mantis's attack wasn't a sucker shot.

And of course Hulk gets stronger, he even stated to Thor in a squabble that while Thor fights, gets weaker and more tired, Hulk's getting stronger and not losing any stamina while healing any damage inflicted upon him.

Kris Blaze
hulk calmed down and wanted to leave, his power plummeted and samson cheap shotted him since he thought it was an imitation.

Once again, this completely fails to address the point. He claimed that Hulk's BASE strength was equal to Thor's.

He knocked him out with a sucker shot, the same way Mantis knocked Thor out, except Mantis's attack wasn't a sucker shot.

And of course Hulk gets stronger, he even stated to Thor in a squabble that while Thor fights, gets weaker and more tired, Hulk's getting stronger and not losing any stamina while healing any damage inflicted upon him.

I guess taking a dive against Mantis beats getting taken out by a snake....

If Hulk did in fact start off as equal to Thor and grows in strength, then he would not find himself being stalemated for well over an hour. This is a pretty simple concept.

Uncle Moses
No, it just means Hulk's strength doesn't grow as exponentially as you want it to so you can say Thor's stronger.

A 1% growth per 10 minute average out of frustration is still a madder/stronger growth, but not a big enough one to make a overly noticeable difference.

Kris Blaze
No, it just means Hulk's strength doesn't grow as exponentially as you want it to so you can say Thor's stronger.

A 1% growth per 10 minute average is still a madder/stronger growth, but not a big enough one to make a overly noticeable difference.

That's pretty slow.

Good thing that's not the case.

psycho gundam
Once again, this completely fails to address the point. He claimed that Hulk's BASE strength was equal to Thor's. i never said anything on the contrary, i was just adding context so some noob doesn't think it was kosher.

everyone and their momma knows the hulk's power is emotion/pain fueled, samson is a frickin' psychiatrist and his gamble worked (for a while), even though he like broke his hand on his jaw.

Uncle Moses
You don't know what the case is, there's never been a gauge as to how fast Hulk's strength jumps and it varies per story.

Most stories, you can't even tell he's getting stronger. Fact is, Savage Hulk at base is equal to Thor.

Kris Blaze
i never said anything on the contrary, i was just adding context so some noob doesn't think it was kosher.

everyone and their momma knows the hulk's power is emotion/pain fueled, samson is a frickin' psychiatrist and his gamble worked (for a while), even though he like broke his hand on his jaw.

YET AGAIN!

I was asking Moses how he explains Doc Samson knocking out the Hulk if his base strength is equal to Thor's. If Hulk at his base was indeed equal, then Doc Samson would not be able to knock him out regardless of his emotional state....

You don't know what the case is, there's never been a gauge as to how fast Hulk's strength jumps and it varies per story.

Most stories, you can't even tell he's getting stronger. Fact is, Savage Hulk at base is equal to Thor.

Funny how Thor can knock out someone who's superior to the Hulk at base levels with a single punch then (Abomination). Especially when the Hulk needs to grow in order to stand a chance :/

Uncle Moses
Thor has nearly been decapitated by Captain America with his shield while he (Thor) was powered up.

Your line of thinking is irrational.

Kris Blaze
Thor has nearly been decapitated by Captain America with his shield while he (Thor) was powered up.

Your line of thinking is irrational.

lmao, and this was?

If you're referring to the Reigning then I'm going to have to call the idiot-police on you.

Uncle Moses
Abomination isn't portrayed nearly the same in books that aren't Hulk related, don't be coy.

Uncle Moses
lmao, and this was?

If you're referring to the Reigning then I'm going to have to call the idiot-police on you.

You're going to have to call the idiot police on me because Thor nearly got his top taken off by Cap?

Kris Blaze
You're going to have to call the idiot police on me because Thor nearly got his top taken off by Cap?

No, I'm going to have to call them on you for a couple of reasons.

- Thor was wearing the necklace Strange put him on, locking away the Odinforce.
- Thor had been fighting the Hulk and The Thing for hours, lost an arm and killed the pair.
- Cap does not have the strength to decapitate Thor, nor has he ever displayed it.

So once again, how was Thor powered up? Having the Odinforce locked away, lacking an arm and just finishing up a several hours long fight?

psycho gundam
YET AGAIN!

I was asking Moses how he explains Doc Samson knocking out the Hulk if his base strength is equal to Thor's. If Hulk at his base was indeed equal, then Doc Samson would not be able to knock him out regardless of his emotional state....

i agree that his strength isn't the same as thor's when he is CALM, the handbooks say it in black and white, not an issue.

but the example of samson ko'ing him from a cheapshot doesn't support that since it's seperate. could have floored thor for a sec under the same conditions.

getting hit in the jaw when not prepared is almost a certain knockdown, nerves and shit.

D_Dude1210
i agree that his strength isn't the same as thor's when he is CALM, the handbooks say it in black and white, not an issue.

Well, explain that to Uncle Moses here. He seems to think calm Hulk = Thor. :-/

psycho gundam
in short.

hulk can hang with anyone as long as he's stimulated by anger or pain (and other strong emotions like mourning apparently).

when he's calm (as calm as the hulk can get before reverting to banner), his power is far lower than other titans of strength.

the only real exception is green scar/king hulk, his power is stable and remains super high even when he is at his calmest, and grows when stimulated accordingly.

D_Dude1210
in short.

hulk can hang with anyone as long as he's stimulated by anger or pain (and other strong emotions like mourning apparently).

when he's calm (as calm as the hulk can get before reverting to banner), his power is far lower than other titans of strength.

the only real exception is green scar/king hulk, his power is stable and remains super high even when he is at his calmest, and grows when stimulated accordingly.

MMmmMMMmm...! Stimulate...!

Kris Blaze

but the example of samson ko'ing him from a cheapshot doesn't support that since it's seperate. could have floored thor for a sec under the same conditions.

getting hit in the jaw when not prepared is almost a certain knockdown, nerves and shit.

I agree.

darthgoober
I had a typo. I meant Masterson Thor could have killed Gladiator who is more durable than the Hulk with just hammer blows.

Yes, but never cut in half. He can be cut by the axe, but in half you are being desperate.

Even in this instance you are referring to it wasn't the savage Hulk and he healed from it just fine. He was nowhere near to being cut in half and speedfreek used his speed to do it while Morg doesn't rely on speed. What a worthless example.

You still haven't provided me with an example. Hulk wins, but going toe to toe with him and getting angrier in the process.
Thor's hammer doesn't have a lethal edge on it. Morg's ax does.

Of course he's never been cut in half, if he had there wouldn't be Hulk comics. Aunt May's never been cut in half either, but I'm sure Morg could pull it off.

Professor Hulk starts off more durable than Savage and he pretty much got gutted.

Nope he still loses his head.

Bro SMASH
What happened to Moses? Why did he get banned?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.