Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Battle 2, Longpig vs Sentry (Vote Now!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
The battle will take place on the moon. Assume the moon has a breathable atmosphere similar to that of earth. All other implications of being on the moon apply.

Take all factors into consideration. Contestants may not destroy the battlefield.

Longpig

BIG SEXY

Absorbing Man - Body, powers
Flash - Powers
Dr Strange -magical fighting ability mind and powers

Dr Strange
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoop...php?entryID=223

Flash (Barry)
http://www.dcuguide.com/profile.php?name=flash2

Absorbing Man
http://www.marveldirectory.com/xoops/modules/wordbook/entry.php?entryID=2

vs

Sentry

Dr. Ethan Vell

Supreme : Body/Powers
Dr. Druid : Magic/Mind/Telepathy
Captain Marvel : Powers/Nega Bands

Captain Marvel
Also known as Genis Vell :
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainmarveliii.htm

Dr. Druid
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/d/drdruid.htm

Supreme
http://www.weirdspace.dk/Rob%20Liefeld/Ethan%20Crane%20version%201.htm

Both contestants have stated they post their own write-ups.

Sentry
1 hour prep before fight:

First 20 minutes: I start off by fortifying my magical defenses chanting druidic spells to help protect me against longpig's character. Simultaneously gathering ambient magical energy, and storing it in my nega bands.

Second 20 minutes: I start gathering energy from my surroundings. Cosmic energy, solar energy, ionic energy, and electromagnetic energy storing them in the nega bands. Though not an expert at using his nega bands, he can fire sufficient amounts of energy blasts that will hurt longpig's character a great deal. He also puts some of that energy to strengthen his energy shield, supplementing his already tough hide.

Third 20 minutes: I infuse the energy in my nega bands and combine the energies so each blast will contain a little bit of each different type of energy. I put up mental blocks using my telepathy to protect my mind from telepathic assaults, and then chants a druidic spell within the last few minutes to help increase his reaction times to compete with the speed of longpig's character.

Sentry
Battle strategy 1: I start off by creating hundreds of illusions of me, via telepathy blinding and confusing longpig's character. Now I launch my speed attack, and I'll fly straight for longpig's character while he's distracted and encase my fist with energy from the nega bands, and land a solid punch to longpig character's face. I'm using my mind, and Druid is a powerful telepath.

Battle strategy 2: If he survives that or he counters by saying that he has some sort of magical shield up, consider that shield broken now, and longpig's character is in a lot of pain. Pain that slows his his speed and reaction times. Pain that keeps him from concentrating as well. If he counters by saying my fist would have been absorbed, which is logical since he has Absorbing Man's body, and my fist gets absorbed, even though not an expert at using the nega bands, I channel a great deal of my combined energies into his body, thus his body will absorb to much energy and therefore explode and dissapate into the atmosphere.

Yeah he might reform his body, but it can sometimes take a while to do so, and his character being out of the match for a few minutes is a KO.

Battle strategy 3: If he bring some kind of iron or uses his absorbing powers to mimic iron, thus greatly affecting my magical abilities, I can still rely on the other powers I have. The nega bands with the stored in the nega bands ex: Cosmic, solar, ionic, and electro-magnetic energy. I enormous strength, a nearly invulnerable hide and a energy shield boosting my resilience, xray and heat vision, and my telepathic powers. I can still stomp him with these powers.

Sentry
Battle strategy 4 Part 1: I will try and counter every magical spell he has at his dispisal. Strange is the one I fear most so this is a list of almost all the spells he has and my counters for them:

See the Eye of Agamotto below to see my counter for it.

He won't be able to use this power because that would mean he'd have to leave his body somewhere unprotected. All I have to do is destroy earth or whatever planet I'm on, and he dies. But I'm pretty sure that's against the rules in both our parts. He physically has to be there, and I'm not allowed to destroy our earth. I can still harm him in astral form with a great deal of heat, and solar energy from my nega bands should do the trick. I could also supplement my solar energy blast with blasts from my heat vision.

Energy blast will not affect me. I will absorb it. Teleporting me somewhere isn't allowed either by Evangel's rules.

I'll absorb it.

He doesn't have time to read the whole book now. If he somehow has mastered every spell in the book, which is unlikely, I will use non-mystical attacks to hurt and destroy him. Tons of energy blasts should do it. He also cannot send me to the endless dimension which is illegal by the rules.

He will summon rocks to trap me? How long will that hold me? A couple of seconds? maybe less.

Envelop me in his cloak? Wow I wonder how long that will keep me busy. If it's somehow mystically charged, I'll blast my way through it, or use my heat vision.

Okay one of the few objects I'm worried about. If he does somehow capture me, I will infuse my energy stored in my nega bands and expel them violently sending tremendous amounts of energy through the Bands causing a explosion, simultaneously using my strength to help break out of the Bands. Feats of strength? No hay he's as strong as my character. With Absorbing man's powers, he could increase his strength to levels that are near mine, not surpass it. What is he gonna do? punch me? I'm probably not goiing to feel it as much. If he grabs hols of me, I'll overload him with energies from the nega bands, and bomm, dissapates into the atmosphere. Energy blasts? Not going to affect me. I'll absorb it. Shrinking me? Imprisoning me in a mystical crystal? See above what I would with the nega bands. If he does shrink me, I'm gonna be that much harder to hit.

No way he's mastered everything in this book.

Not going to affect me. One- It has to get through my energy shield. Two- My durability is on par or even greater than Superman's. Claws hurting me? Pffft.

Yes he will be dreaming, because that first solid punch I landed would have put him in lala land. LOL!

One, Ancient One is not in this fight. Two, I can hurt both his physical and astral form, with relative ease. Three, hypnotic blinding ray of light? LIGHT. I control it. Shouldn't affect me as much. Detect normally invisible auras, effects, etc? I have a similar power called cosmic awareness. Four, I'm not evil, so it's glow won't affect me. Five, Read my mind? Sure, but not all of it. I am a powerful telepath, and the mental blocks I put in place should hinder this use a great deal. ("no mere man-made lock can resist the power of my enchanted amulet"wink I am no mere man.

Sentry
Fire? Is that fire going to corrupt me? Pffft. HAHAHA. LOL! What will that do? Burn me? One energy shield that has withstood heat from stars. Two, a near invulnerable body which flames aren't going hurt either.

Fungus won't get past my energy shield.

Hypnotize me? I'm a telepath and I to am a hypnotist. Won't work so well on me. smile

Ever see Superman breaking out of ice? I'll do the same with my Supreme body. smile

I'm a hero, the only people I have slain are villains. That won't affect my consciousness. Galactus has slaughtered millions, maybe billions. That's why he freaked out.

What, he's going to duke it out with me? Pffft. I'll knock his block off. Again if he does get close to me and grabs me, I'll overload him with the energy from the nega bands. Boom he explodes and dissapates into the atmosphere.

Make me sleep? Not going to affect me as much due to my excellent and well trained body and powerful telepathy. It's going to make me yawn, that's it. Suffocate me? I don't need air to breath.

I have this power too, won't affect me as much. I'll do the same to him.

Again, I'm not evil.

Eat me? Entrap me? Read above what I will do with the crimson bands of cyttorak and the crimson crystals of cyttorak. I will do the same here.

Wow! Rain and Thunder are going to pierce my energy shield and nearly invulnerable skin!? No, it won't.

I can cook him with my solar energy in astral form. Read above.

Leaving the battlefield isn't allowed. Sending me somewhere isn't allowed either. Tsk. Tsk.

Hmmm. I will probably feel this, but it won't hurt me thanks to my energy shield and near invulnerable hide.

See Superman and Wonderman breaking out of a GL's energy grasp. I will do the same with my Supreme body.

I will crack open his shield with my very first blow. My fist encased in combined energies from the nega bands. He's going to need a sleep prrotection chant after I hit him.

Make me forget I'm fighting? Won't work, thanks to mental blocks, telepathy, and excellent control over my mind and body.

Has he ever demonstrated these powers without invoking or casting sprlls? I think he possesses none of these powers, only casting spells that allow him to do so. My character is a natural born telepath/telekinetic. Teleportation and transportation? I can do the same via nega bands and with Supreme body, I can pretty much travel anywhere I want.

Vapors of Valtorr? Dark cloud blinding me? Lightning hitting me? Cosmic awareness helps me see through illusions and things of the sort. Lightning? I'll absorb that to, to add to my collection of energies. Vipers of Valtorr? I'll rip those tentacles apart. Massive winds? HAHAHAHAHAHA! LOL! Like wind is going to blow me away. He should use it on himseld to blow himself to safety, away from me.

long pig
During prep.
I test my new body for any weakness and all strengths.

I fiddle with my new body(heehehe) and find that I can turn myself nearly invulnerable by absorbing into my Ball and chain, i also find out that my strength is been amplified to 100 level strength.

As Dr. Strange i have many mental powers, I can mesmerize and i have great if not 100% resistance to telepathy using the eye of agamotto I aslo can use the Eye to read others mind as well as see through illusions cast by other magic.

I also test my new body's speed, which seems to be able to go lightspeed.

I put up a forcefield over me that has taken punches by Hulk and cosmic blast's from SS with no ill effect.
I wait for the bell to ring.

Battle:
First off you are using Druid's mind and powers, Druid is clinically insane, his magic has done this to him making it nearly impossible for him to make rational decisions.

Anything Druid can do Dr Strange can and has done better, in Druids own bio he is called a weaker watered down version of Strange.

When we first see each other, I already have my shield up that has taken hits from Hulk and blasts by Surfer, you aren't getting past it.

I then absorb myself into my iron ball and chain, seeing that Druid's powers are immensly impared by iron, me turning into pure iron is basically making any of Druid's already irrational thoughts and magic simply inaffective. The eye of Agamotta on my forehead will see through all illusions cast by Druid.

I simply move as fast as i can which is light speed and wrap you in the unbreakable bands of cyttorak that galactus himself cannot break.
Incapacitation affords me the win.

long pig
Dude, I'm not reading all that.
paraphrase.

DigiMark007
...some detailed prep there Sentry. Nice job. I'm nowhere near a decision yet for my vote, but the level of detail you employed was impressive.

-DM

long pig
"He won't be able to use this power because that would mean he'd have to leave his body somewhere unprotected. All I have to do is destroy earth or whatever planet I'm on, and he dies. But I'm pretty sure that's against the rules in both our parts. He physically has to be there, and I'm not allowed to destroy our earth. I can still harm him in astral form with a great deal of heat, and solar energy from my nega bands should do the trick. I could also supplement my solar energy blast with blasts from my heat vision."

First off I'm not going to use astral form, I'm going to use the Eye to see past your illusions. Also, you're not allowed to destroy the arena.

""Okay one of the few objects I'm worried about. If he does somehow capture me, I will infuse my energy stored in my nega bands and expel them violently sending tremendous amounts of energy through the Bands causing a explosion, simultaneously using my strength to help break out of the Bands. Feats of strength? No hay he's as strong as my character. With Absorbing man's powers, he could increase his strength to levels that are near mine, not surpass it. What is he gonna do? punch me? I'm probably not goiing to feel it as much. If he grabs hols of me, I'll overload him with energies from the nega bands, and bomm, dissapates into the atmosphere. Energy blasts? Not going to affect me. I'll absorb it. Shrinking me? Imprisoning me in a mystical crystal? See above what I would with the nega bands. If he does shrink me, I'm gonna be that much harder to hit.""

If Galactus can't break free of the bands you can't.

""I'm not evil, so it's glow won't affect me.""
Yes, Druid is evil, and the glow would kill you.

long pig
""Hypnotize me? I'm a telepath and I to am a hypnotist. Won't work so well on me.""
True, but no where near the master of hypnotism as Dr Strange.

Multiple Body Illusion:
"I have this power too, won't affect me as much. I'll do the same to him."
Your power will be ineffective, Agamotto allows me to see through any illusion. Especially one by a low grade druid.
My Illusions will work, yours will not.

Spell of forgetfulness:
""Make me forget I'm fighting? Won't work, thanks to mental blocks, telepathy, and excellent control over my mind and body.""

Too bad youre insane, and cannot concentrait like you used to. You will forget.

All I have to do is wrap you into The Bands, and youre done.
Very simple, you can't break it, you cant break stranges shield, you can't concentrait due to your insanity, your magic is useless while i am in iron form. the end.

Draco69
Dr. Druid is vulnerable to iron? No wonder he's dead.

long pig
The first thing i do after turning into iron is to creat the Rains of Raggadorr to distract you.

After that I then use the spell of forgetfulness, your mind is insane and old, you can't concentrait, you will start to forget even if it takes longer than usual.

In your stuper brought on by the spell I will make the most powerful spell possible of the Bands of Cyttorak, you cannot break them unless they are weilded by a magic that is weak.

long pig
Originally posted by Draco69
Dr. Druid is vulnerable to iron? No wonder he's dead.
Yeah, he was shot by a girl. Druid was drivin insane by his on magic, totally irrational.

His powers and all of his ancestors powers are nearly useless when iron is around, I turn myself into 100% iron, Druids powers are basically negated.

I might not be as strong(im class 100 though) as Supreme but i am as fast and as durable.

I wont fist fight you, I will simply use my magic to make your forget what you are doing i.e spell of forgetfullness, THEN you wont even struggle against the Unbreakable bands of Cyttorak.

Khellendros
Damn. Nice start from you both. I'm kinda wishing that I had longer to decide though...

long pig
This is a one page fight at most. I luckily have every single one of each of his characters weaknesses.

Druids powers are effected by iron-I have an Iron ball and chain i can become 100% iron.

Supreme vulnerability is Supremium AND MAGIC- I just happen to be the best magic user on earth.

Druids magic always has been sub par when compaired to Stranges, Druid can't do anything that Strange hasn't mastered and is 10x better at.

long pig
I keep having to make multiple posts because the dude wrote so much at once.....and most of it is wrong.

dammit man, paraphrase!

Sentry
Insane you say? Is that your only defense? I'm insane with power is what your telling me? No.

Unlike your character, I have true telepathic powers, something Strange has not. He utters spells and incantations to do things like that. I can use my telepathic powers to create temporary illusions confusing your character. Even with little knowledge of the nega bands, I use a little energy and make my illusions solid to confuse you even more. Have fun with that Eye/Orb of Agamotto. Meanwhile I'll be pelting you with energy blasts from my nega bands and my heat vision.

I'm not defenseless while entrapped in your Bands... I can still hit you with a dose of heat vision that wouldn't feel to good. Thus the pain from the heat vision melting your skin off will throw of your concentration and loosen your grip on the Bands, thus allowing me to break free.

Sentry
Do you have Supremium? No. Are you gonna transmute matter to create it? No. Do you have cosmic awareness to tell you what my weakess is? No.

I have cosmic awareness, even though not an expert, I notice your limitations. My speed is bolstered a little by the energy in my nega bands. Ethan's speed is already near light, just a little energy more will make him fast as you, maybe faster. I'm am gonna plow both my hands into you channeling enormous amounts of the combined energies I stored before the fight. You don't need to be an expert to expel energy, and I'll put it all into you. Overloading you causing you to explode and you will dissapate into the atomsphere. Sure your body will reform, but it takes time. If your even out of this fight for a few minutes, you lose, via TKO.

long pig
Insane? yep.
"As time passed however, his magic apparently began to corrupt him, and eventually he appeared to succumb to madness, taking the name Druid and operating out of New York. He was slain by the supervillain Nekra, she shot Druid in the head, and as he lay dying, Hellstorm informed him "You're a lunatic, a religious maniac, a bad idea. You should have been stamped out at birth. And, in the end, you're a failure.""

Druids magic has currupted his mind. He no longer is able to make rational decisions.

As for this:
"Unlike your character, I have true telepathic powers, something Strange has not. He utters spells and incantations to do things like that. I can use my telepathic powers to create temporary illusions confusing your character. Even with little knowledge of the nega bands, I use a little energy and make my illusions solid to confuse you even more. Have fun with that Eye/Orb of Agamotto. Meanwhile I'll be pelting you with energy blasts from my nega bands and my heat vision."

A true telepath means nothing when going against the eye of agamotto. I can read your mind with it and see through ANY illusion by ANYONE. Strange was able to see through CYTORRAKS Illusions with it. A druid isn't on par with Steve, much less Cyttorak.

My shield has taken blasts from Surfer and punches by an enraged Hulk, neither made any effect. Neither will your charming yet futile attempt to pelt it with energy blasts.

""I'm not defenseless while entrapped in your Bands... I can still hit you with a dose of heat vision that wouldn't feel to good. Thus the pain from the heat vision melting your skin off will throw of your concentration and loosen your grip on the Bands, thus allowing me to break free.""
Defensless? no, but you are in a stupor due to my spell, also heat vision will not go through my shield....Gladiators heat vision didn't Supremes wont either.

All i need is a few second incapacitation and I win.
You wont be able to move or break the Bands, your guy will be stuck for as long as Strange wills the Bands to remain.

long pig
Originally posted by Sentry
Do you have Supremium? No. Are you gonna transmute matter to create it? No. Do you have cosmic awareness to tell you what my weakess is? No.

I have cosmic awareness, even though not an expert, I notice your limitations. My speed is bolstered a little by the energy in my nega bands. Ethan's speed is already near light, just a little energy more will make him fast as you, maybe faster. I'm am gonna plow both my hands into you channeling enormous amounts of the combined energies I stored before the fight. You don't need to be an expert to expel energy, and I'll put it all into you. Overloading you causing you to explode and you will dissapate into the atomsphere. Sure your body will reform, but it takes time. If your even out of this fight for a few minutes, you lose, via TKO.

Do i need supremium? no. Magic is Supremes next biggest weakness, and i have an ass load of that.

You say you will hit me with your hands?? Please, your guy will never get past my shield to touch me.

Your guy will be in a stupor via the spell of forgetfullness that you cannot resist totally, you will lose concentration due to insanity AND stupor.
Leaving me time enough with my lightspeed to wrap you in the Unbreakable Bands of Cyttorak.

I win.

long pig
Maybe while your guy is in the Bands of Cyttorak I will say this just to piss him off.
""You're a lunatic, a religious maniac, a bad idea. You should have been stamped out at birth. And, in the end, you're a failure""

When druid was killed by Nekra she said it, this time will piss him off even more.

Sentry
The only reason why my mind went temporary insane is because of Ravonna. She had mental control of my Druid's mind for a short while, but he eventually broke free of her mental powers. I'm not insane in this match.

I will also project false thoughts into your head, thus you assume you have already defeated me. Then when you gloat about your victory, I channel the remainder of my energy into your body, causing a fatal absorption on your part. Your character explodes, and this time he stays dead.

long pig
The only reason why my mind went temporary insane is because of Ravonna. She had mental control of my Druid's mind for a short while, but he eventually broke free of her mental powers. I'm not insane in this match.

I will also project false thoughts into your head, thus you assume you have already defeated me. Then when you gloat about your victory, I channel the remainder of my energy into your body, causing a fatal absorption on your part. Your character explodes, and this time he stays dead.

Druid was insane until the day he died. He never broke free,. He wasn't capable of controling his power, it drove him insane.
Read the comic where nekra shot him, he's slobbering and talking to himself before he knows she was there.

You can not project anything into my mind, you may be a born telepath but i am a master telepath/illusion caster via the Eye. The Eye grants me the power to see through ANYONES illustion. I.E Cyttorak.

With the eye of aggaroth(aggaroth is a god not unlike cyttorak),
I will read your mind while you are incapacitated, I will see through any illusion you create.

Steve never takes his field down in a fight with someone who is a bit stronger than he is. i.e Gladiator.

Lets not forget that Druids magic is nearly unoperational when near small bits of iron, surely my WHOLE body being made of iron will effect it more, right?

I won't gloat, i was joking. Wasn't the most sportsmanlike thing ive ever done, but i was only joking. i apologize.

Sentry
You are good at debating longpig, but you fail to understand that I have a slight advantage over you. The only thing you got on me is your magic is greater than mines. Magic is so vague, how can you possibly defeat a Superman clone, with the nega bands bolstering the rest of his powers? With the energy from the nega bands bolstering my strength, speed, and resilience, how can you win. Barry isn't as fast as Wally. My body can fly near the speed of light without bolstering his speed with energy from the nega bands. With it, I'm just as fast or faster than your character.

You think you can battle me in astral form? I will be able to see you with my cosmic awareness and you are vulnerable to heat in astral form. My heat vision bolstered by a little energy from the nega bands will create temperatures fatal to you, even in your astral form. It might not even last that long if you go into astral form, your spirit leaves your body, thus leaving your physical body unprotected. I will find your body using my telepathy/cosmic awareness, and I will destroy your physical body, thus causing you to die.

long pig
Thanks.

Huge Magic advantage AND an IRON BODY makes druid worthless here.

Can magic beat a superman clone? yep. Supreme and Supermans second greatest weakness IS MAGIC.

Nope, don't want to.

Maybe if it touches me, which it will not due to my shield. Gladiator's heat vision didn't get through, neither will yours.

Don't forget that you will fall into the forgetful stupor of the Forgetfulness spell, you are a mid-level telepath, and your mind will take longer to make you totally stupified, but slowly you will fall into a stupor.
And this will make your body slower and your mind slower, concentration goes out the window and you get trapped by my Unbreakable Bands of Cyttorak.

Sentry
I'm not insane in this match.

How can I be insane when I have a complete control of my body. Spell of Forgetfulness will not work due to the mental blocks, and the superior concentration my character has compared to yours.

Sentry
Tourney's are fun.

long pig
Yes, you are. You went mad half the way through your whole evil career. You can't pick and choose through a character and pick only the most appealing part. When Druid was at his most powerful, he was insane. When he wasn't insane he wasn't very powerful.
The amount of power he had drove him insane.

Even if you were not insane, you are ONLY a mid level telepath at most, your blocks aren't strong enough to block the Eye of Agmatto.

Insanity of the mind, you still have complete control of DR DRUIDS body, not supremes. And in this fight you dont have Druids body.

You don't have superior concentration to Steve Strange, if you did you wouldnt be considered a watered down weak version of dr strange.

The spell will work on you, you will lose concentration and you will be unable to block my spell. I'm not too sure you could block it with full concentration. You're a mid level telepath, The Eye makes Steve a very high level telepath, therefore i can undo anything you do in your mind WITH full concentration, that you very well know you have lost due to insanity.

Tournaments are fun, the last one i did was Inferno, and it took so long.

Sentry
Unbreakable Bands Of Cytorrak!!! Pfftt... Unbreakable huh?

If these two could do it, I don't see why my character can't. I'll be nice and use Moore's version of Supreme's body. Even Moore's Supreme is just as strong or even stronger than post crisis Superman. I'll easily break out of your "Unbreakable Bands"

smile

long pig
Unbreakable Bands Of Cytorrak!!! Pfftt... Unbreakable huh?

If these two could do it, I don't see why my character can't. I'll be nice and use Moore's version of Supreme's body. Even Moore's Supreme is just as strong or even stronger than post crisis Superman. I'll easily break out of your "Unbreakable Bands"]

The Bands are only as strong as the spell that casted them.

There are varying degrees of strength of certian spells, and can be used for different reasons, I'll just use the most powerful.

And the most powerful is 100% unbreakable by physical strength.

Oh, and if you want to use moores, well...Moore's Supreme wasn't strong enough to beat Crypt, who is like Deathstroke light.
Crypt, who only has enhanced strength literally BROKE Supreme in HALF. LITTERALLY. One peice there, another peice over there.

Check out Crypts bio, he is hardly worth mentioning. Yet he broke Supreme in half http://www.weirdspace.dk/Rob%20Liefeld/Crypt.htm

long pig
I will admit, you have a strength advantage.
Your guy is above my guy, but not by a HUGE amount.

Thats why I won't consider fist fighting you, especially when i don't have to.
Strange has taken down people stronger than you by himself, without being touched. I will do the same.

The crimson bands of cyttorak have varying degrees of strength, if you use a low powered spell, it can be broken by hulk, if you use a high powered spell, no one except a magic user ABOVE cyttorak can break them, including Galactus.

Using barry's light speed and Strange's nigh unbreakable shield is going to keep me away from you and any of your attacks long enough to do all of this.

The Bands appear instantly, they don't need tons of time to materialize.

Sentry
I was being nice.

Crypt would kill Deathstroke.

Light version of Deathstroke? I actually thought of him as a better Deathstroke. I mean, he was stopping Supreme's punches, showing considerable skill and impressive strength. True, it wasn't the original Supreme, but still. He still wasn't a push over. It say at least some superhuman strength and pretty impressive durability, him and Supreme left a five mile path of destruction through the city they fought in. Pffftt. in Deathstroke's league, my a$$. But my original link is the original Supreme, and much more powerful than Moore's Supreme. smile He will break the Bands of Cytorrak. He will empower himself with energy from the nega bands and proceed to kick your a$$. Along with my well conditoned body, and telepathic mind, I don't need Druidic spells or magic to beat you.

long pig
I was being nice.

Crypt would kill Deathstroke.

Light version of Deathstroke? I actually thought of him as a better Deathstroke. I mean, he was stopping Supreme's punches, showing considerable skill and impressive strength. True, it wasn't the original Supreme, but still. He still wasn't a push over. It say at least some superhuman strength and pretty impressive durability, him and Supreme left a five mile path of destruction through the city they fought in. Pffftt. in Deathstroke's league, my a$$. But my original link is the original Supreme, and much more powerful than Moore's Supreme. smile He will break the Bands of Cytorrak. He will empower himself with energy from the nega bands and proceed to kick your a$$. Along with my well conditoned body, and telepathic mind, I don't need Druidic spells or magic to beat you.

lol, I know. Thanks.

So now you aren't using Moore's version?

Your telepathic mind is only mid-level, not enough to block Steve with the Eye of Aggaroth.

Druid is no prof x, he is no Jean, he is more like a white queen.
Not nearly enough telepathy to block my spells backed by me tampering with your mind via Aggaroth. You will slowing fall prey to the spell of forgetfulness, and when it starts, it doesnt stop till you are stupified.

Your guy will not get out of the Bands. Ever.
Supreme/nega bands aren't better than Galactus.
A full powered spell casting the Bands of Cyttorak can hold anyone for as long as they are there.
100% unbreakable by physical force.

Sentry
I encase my body with the remainder of my energy from nega bands thus empowering me to levels that will rival the most powerful herald, not surpassing his power, but equal to it, and I proceed to attack your mind with telepathic power-bolts disorienting you long enough to fly at you full speed shattering your shield with brute force coupled with energy from the nega bands, and instantly killing you on contact with your flesh. As soon as I hit your body, your body will naturally begin to absorb the energy killing you instantly due to the sheer magnitude of the blast.

It's done. You are nothing but a memory. I congratulate you for being a good opponent. I'm going to sleep now, I'll finish this battle in the morning.

Sentry
Namor and Hulk broke out of it. If they can, so can I. smile

Khellendros
Namor and Hulk broke out of it. If they can, so can I. smile
Question: were they being cast by Dr. Strange?

long pig
I encase my body with the remainder of my energy from nega bands thus empowering me to levels that will rival the most powerful herald, not surpassing his power, but equal to it, and I proceed to attack your mind with telepathic power-bolts disorienting you long enough to fly at you full speed shattering your shield with brute force coupled with energy from the nega bands, and instantly killing you on contact with your flesh. As soon as I hit your body, your body will naturally begin to absorb the energy killing you instantly due to the sheer magnitude of the blast.

It's done. You are nothing but a memory. I congratulate you for being a good opponent. I'm going to sleep now, I'll finish this battle in the morning.

haha, nice try.

Strength level of the most powerful herald = 100 level.
If Galactus can not break through a high powered Crimson Band spell, your guy will never be able to do it, especially if your guy is succumbing <sp?> to the spell of forgetfullness, which he will.

Druids mind is already shattered and broken due to his insanity.
Add that to the fact he is in a new body, and my spell of forgetfulness, he will become a slobbering jabbering mess of maddness very very fast.

Not a chance, gave ya too much when i went over the 1 page mark.
Now im just being charitable.

long pig
Originally posted by Khellendros
Doesn't matter.
It wasn't a fully powered spell. Obviously.

I g2g to bed too.
Lets finish it tomorrow aight?
Good debate so far! youre better than i was hoping smile

Sentry
Originally posted by Khellendros

Yes. I assume that the Crimson Bands are not unbreakable, and that the upper echelon of the Marvel Universe in physical power like the Hulk, Thor and Namor can break them. It's a testament to Doc's power and willpower that he can cast a spell able to constrain almost all beings. Galactus must have been really weak when he couldn't escape the Cytorrak bands.

Sentry
Good night longpig.

Khellendros
God damn... this will probably be the hardest vote for me to cast in the entire tournament. I gotta cast it now though, since I don't know if I'll be back in time to do it tomorrow. I'm casting it for long pig. Iron body + stronger magic means the mind controlling your character is messed with, along with his magic IMHO. This is a badass fight, and I wish I had more time to spend watching you two argue, but I can't risk losing a vote because I can't get to my computer im time, thus I gotta go by what I've seen so far.

long pig
Alright, before i go to work here in like 30 minutes i thought i'd add some more things from yesterday.

The Crimson Bands have been broken, I will give you that. But when they were broken both times, it was by GREAT strain by Hulk and Namor, and neither did it while Dr. was still around(he no longer was concentrating on keeping the Bands strong). It took them more than a few minutes to break free, Hulk it took 2 pages, since you are almost as strong as the Hulk I may concede that you may(unlikely since i will keep my full concentration upon the bands) break free.

After saying this, I must add something else. Those two pages can be compared to at least 10-15 minutes. Is 15 min incapacition a win? If not listen to this.

While The Crimson Bands are the strongest form of entrapment i have, they are certianly not the only one.

While your guy is struggling I could simply use more entrapments to contain him even more. I.E the Chains of Krakkan, Roving Rings of Raggadorr, Ribbons of Raggadorr , these upon the other entrapments will make it impossible to break free.

My shield will keep me safe from any energy attack or heat vision you will try to use during your struggle to break free.

While you are inside these many intrapments i can conjure the Light of Nirvalon, which controls emotion, as to calm you and keep you from further struggle.

Just in case you were still hoping your telepathy may help, Strange has used the spell called "In the Name of the All-Freeing"
to keep his head clean of telepathy many times.

If you STILL think you may be able to become stronger than Galactus and break the strongest spell cast of cyttorak bands plus the four extra restraints, well....one more spell called the Flames of the Faltine, it freezes anyone, totally stopping animation.

Keep in mind, these are all things that Steve has used in many comics, he doesnt need a book for these things.

I've taken out your telepathy, your magic, and now I've stopped you from moving.
You have no strength no mind power, youre confused (spell of forgetfullness) you cannot move and you can not use you magic because my body is made of iron, and iron nullifies your magic.

What are you going to do?

P.S As with any magic, these spells can be broken or nullified, but you have to be at least on par or above the caster of the original spell, and Druid simply is not on Strange level of magic, never has been never will be.

long pig
Dr. Strange II#30-Lights of nirvalon
Defenders 23- Flames of the Faltine
Doctor Strange I #173-In the Name of the All-Freeing

I have the rest, those are just by memory....just in case you want to fight the validity of those spells.

DarkCrawler
After long time...I have made my mind.

Long pig, you get my vote.

Sentry
Originally posted by long pig
Alright, before i go to work here in like 30 minutes i thought i'd add some more things from yesterday.

The Crimson Bands have been broken, I will give you that. But when they were broken both times, it was by GREAT strain by Hulk and Namor, and neither did it while Dr. was still around(he no longer was concentrating on keeping the Bands strong). It took them more than a few minutes to break free, Hulk it took 2 pages, since you are almost as strong as the Hulk I may concede that you may(unlikely since i will keep my full concentration upon the bands) break free.

After saying this, I must add something else. Those two pages can be compared to at least 10-15 minutes. Is 15 min incapacition a win? If not listen to this.

While The Crimson Bands are the strongest form of entrapment i have, they are certianly not the only one.

While your guy is struggling I could simply use more entrapments to contain him even more. I.E the Chains of Krakkan, Roving Rings of Raggadorr, Ribbons of Raggadorr , these upon the other entrapments will make it impossible to break free.

My shield will keep me safe from any energy attack or heat vision you will try to use during your struggle to break free.

While you are inside these many intrapments i can conjure the Light of Nirvalon, which controls emotion, as to calm you and keep you from further struggle.

Just in case you were still hoping your telepathy may help, Strange has used the spell called "In the Name of the All-Freeing"
to keep his head clean of telepathy many times.

If you STILL think you may be able to become stronger than Galactus and break the strongest spell cast of cyttorak bands plus the four extra restraints, well....one more spell called the Flames of the Faltine, it freezes anyone, totally stopping animation.

Keep in mind, these are all things that Steve has used in many comics, he doesnt need a book for these things.

I've taken out your telepathy, your magic, and now I've stopped you from moving.
You have no strength no mind power, youre confused (spell of forgetfullness) you cannot move and you can not use you magic because my body is made of iron, and iron nullifies your magic.

What are you going to do?

P.S As with any magic, these spells can be broken or nullified, but you have to be at least on par or above the caster of the original spell, and Druid simply is not on Strange level of magic, never has been never will be.

My weakenss to iron will not always work.

Entrapments? Is that the only way you can defeat me? Putting barriers around around me to keep me from ripping you in half is a win? Strange isn't perfect, his spells have their breaking points. Is entrapment considered a win? I can bridge dimensions and trap you between two dimensions. Is that considered a win? No. Find a way to beat me!

Ethan Vell is close to Strange in magical power.

The Bizarre Tibetan Lama was the Ancient one, but taught him a mastery of certain mystic arts , and opened his mind to hidden powers that he always had. He is a powerful Sorcerer is in his own right. Add strength, nigh invulnerability, speed of light, and the near limitless potential of the Nega Bands, let me ask you again, how will you beat me. Entrapment? Pfftt... Tht is like teleporting me somewhere where I can't get to you. Either of us could have done that from the start.

BENITO
Mr. Pig

Sentry
Hmmm... With these two powers working together, I don't see any chance of you getting the jump on me or saying that you'll entrap me, do this to me. I will already know what you will do. Now add the fact that my body has Supreme's speed already, with the energy from the nega bands it will increase my speed even further beyond the speed of light, faster than Barry will ever go. I blitz you with an all out telepathic assault(like getting whacked with a baseball bat to the brain), simultaneously blasting you with energy from my nega bands and rays of heat vision from my eyes before you can think of a spell. You will be dead long before you can use the Bands of Cytorrak on me. Long before you can cast the spell : "In The Name Of All-Freeing", You will be dead before you can raise a protective shield around your body, you will bead because my character will forsee it.

Time and time again I keep telling you, that magic is not my only power. Your battle strategies have all been magic! Nothing else. Magic is so vague. I have other substanial powers that will help me. I've got strength, speed, nigh invulnerability, control of all types of energy thanks to the nega bands. I've already proven I'm faster, stronger, and more powerful than your character could ever be. Oh, let's not forget about your Absorbing Man body:

You will explode due to major absorption of energies and as your body will try and reform, I will absorb you into my nega bands, since your remnants will be permeating with energy.

I have proven I can kill you. Easily. All you've proven is that you can entrap or imprison me. That will not work however thanks to my cosmic awareness and my pre-cog abilities working together. I will know at the beginning of the match, I've already won.

Sentry
Sure magic might be Supreme's other weakness, but I will have foreseen this at the start of the match. You seem to forget my body is encased in a protective shield as well. You also seem to forget that Barry wasn't the fastest Flash, and my body's natural speed combined with energy from the nega bands, puts me beyond the speed of light. I will speed blitz you. How will you cast your spells/Cytorrak bands if you've already exploded due to major energy absorption, and being absorbed into my nega bands because your remnants will be permeating energy. The only powers you have that could actually stand a chance of beating me is your magic. Unfortunately for you, they've been nullified by my speed, and my cosmic awareness/pre-cog abilities. You are dead less than a second after the match starts.

Sentry
C'mon people read before you vote.

dael fishd evil
My vote is for Sentry, because his points make more sense to me.

Sentry
Thank you

nimbus006
I think people are concentrating to much on both characters magic, which clearly gives an advantage to longpig, but forgetting that Sentry has the very powerful Nega Bands coupled with from what ive heard of Supreme is over class 100 Strength and pretty much absolute invunerability... so while Longpigs defences will probably hold up against Sentry I just dont see how longpig is going to hurt Sentry, let alone K.O or kill him. Unless trapping him is good enough for a vicotry. IMHO Flash is a non factor in this match, only b/c Sentry also has interstellar flight speed which makes him as fast or faster than Flash.

Nataku8188
I vote for no one. I don't think either of their arguments are very good.

Sentry
Originally posted by Nataku8188

Whatevers. To each their own. I think longpig did extremely well, and I think I have done an alright job for my first tournament.

nimbus006
Dont worry Sentry i think this Match has been debated much better than the previous one seeing as the previous one was Nataku vs Khellendros longpig and Stormfront. Anyway both Sentry and Longpig have had some really good points and stradegies although Sentry yours might of been a little to long, buts that good shows that you came prepared.

leonidas
<<Whatevers. To each their own. I think longpig did extremely well, and I think I have done an alright job for my first tournament.>>

here, here! this is entertaining stuff. well done to both. damn, these tourney's are pretty cool. someone should organize one of these things for newbies . . . (er, unsalted . . .?)

nimbus006
Originally posted by leonidas
<<Whatevers. To each their own. I think longpig did extremely well, and I think I have done an alright job for my first tournament.>>

here, here! this is entertaining stuff. well done to both. damn, these tourney's are pretty cool. someone should organize one of these things for newbies . . . (er, unsalted . . .?)

True!

Khellendros
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Yeah, it's not a REAL debate if you don't call your opponent an idiot, right Nataku?

K Von Doom
I like the arguments and both posters have made good points and counter-points. At this point, I think I'll vote for Sentry.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by BENITO
Mr. Pig

Is this a vote??

P.S. Still walking the line here with my vote...good job guys.

P.P.S. If that quote above was a vote, it's 3-2 longpig right now. Wish I knew when this battle would be ending so I'd know when I have to vote.

K Von Doom
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Wish I knew when this battle would be ending so I'd know when I have to vote.

Yeah, the time is a bit inconsistent. I'm concerned about voting too early, then not being allowed to change later on.

Sentry
I think voting is done when Evangel puts up the next match. She's going by pacific standard time I think, and last night she posted my match with Longpig at 8:11pm PST. So have your votes in before that. Khell your up today aren't you against....gautam?

DigiMark007
I think voting is done when Evangel puts up the next match. She's going by pacific standard time I think, and last night she posted my match with Longpig at 8:11pm PST. So have your votes in before that. Khell your up today aren't you against....gautam?

Yeah Khell v gautam.

I'm leaving for the night, so I have to put in my vote soon. I was hoping longpig would be back and him and Sentry would have another few posts to help me decide....oh the agony!

On a side note, there'll be a bunch of people losing votes for their matches if this keeps up. Last match a few didn't vote, and there's a lot left to go for this match.

...oh well...I'm off to re-read the first 3 pages.

-DM

Khellendros
Yup. Dr. Cain Kallark. ...SOMEONE HOLD ME! ;_;

Sentry
Yeah longpig is at work, If he comes on soon and posts, I'll post. I'm sort of a counter poster.

Sentry
I don't care win or lose this is fun. I'm just happy I got through without giving up or conceding. Good luck to longpig, and to Khell and gautam for tonight.

DigiMark007
I don't care win or lose this is fun. I'm just happy I got through without giving up or conceding. Good luck to longpig, and to Khell and gautam for tonight.

I think you have the right attitude about all of this Sentry.

I have my decision...

This was hard as hell. I was planning on always voting on who mixed better character with better debating the best. Here, I think longpig takes the character part, but I actually think Sentry won the debate part of it. I had the whole "overload Absorbing Man and then absorb him into the nega bands" in mind, but when you thought of it I almost didn't want you to because it made my decision tougher.

My vote is for longpig. It came down to Strange's mind being in charge of lp's character (with Strange's powers being his biggest asset). I considered Marvel's powers and nega bands Sentry's biggest asset, and Druid wouldn't have had the mastery with them he needs to take out a Dr. Strange who can run around like a Flash. Add that to a magic advantage and the iron thing (not assured of working against Druid but it's a big "what if"wink and I think longpig's guy would win more often than not.

Nice job, though...both of you. And whoever wins would be fine with me, I think you're both deserving. But my vote is longpig.

-DM

long pig
Hmmm, this was your strategy...keep me out of the match for a few seconds to give you the win. But when I do the same, i'm a wuss? hmmmmmmmm.

Entrapments and spells of emotion to calm you, add this to the spell of forgetfullness and yes, it's one of the only ways to beat you.
Why would i fist fight you? It wouldn't be smart to get in a slug fest with someone who is stronger.
Dr.Strange prefers NOT to kill. He would rather keep you confined.

Who are you talking about here? Supreme? you dont have his mind to control his magic.
If you're talking about druid, like i said, i've severly negated his magic to the point of worthlessness.

Pre-cog? please, if druid had pre-cog to any worthwhile degree he wouldnt have been able to be SHOT IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD BY A GIRL.
And cosmic awareness isn't pre-cog, it's just a feeling of knowing something wrong is going on.

Also, you keep acting like you are going to ever touch me, you will not get through my shield, ever. It's taken more punishment before than you could ever dish out. You have to touch me for me to absorb all of the energy from your nega bands and explode, but you never will touch me. I come into the fight with my shield up. I even can put up a triple shield of defense just to be sure.

long pig
"I considered Marvel's powers and nega bands Sentry's biggest asset, and Druid wouldn't have had the mastery with them he needs to take out a Dr. Strange who can run around like a Flash."

The original Captian marvel took years and years to learn how to do the things Sentry is trying to do. Druid would have no CLUE how to do these things. Druid being insane and in a new body, it's going to be hard to learn a new skill that youve never experienced before.

long pig
Yeah longpig is at work, If he comes on soon and posts, I'll post. I'm sort of a counter poster.
I'm a counter debater too, I think thats why we keep going in circles lol.

multiple posts...sorry.

Sentry
This was my main strategy. In reality, this would have been over less than a second after the match starts. Your movement is too slow, you will be blitzed by my speed.

Sentry
Strange is not invincible. Their have been times that he was caught with his shield down. This will be no exception. You will think you have a speed advantage when it's the exact opposite.

long pig
Your speed is only a tad above mine, I come into this fight with my shield up. Nothing it getting through. Speed blitz or not.

Triple Shield of Defense is THREE times stronger than the shield SS and Hulk and Gladiator has tried and failed to break before.

That would have worked perfect if I had normal speed or a less durable body and no shield.

long pig
Strange is not invincible. Their have been times that he was caught with his shield down. This will be no exception. You will think you have a speed advantage when it's the exact opposite.

When has Strange's shield ever went down accidently? never.
His shield goes down when he wants it to. Maybe you're talking about his shield being down and someone catching him off gaurd, that has happend. But I dont intend on ever taking my shield down the entire match.
Your speed advantage isn't that great. It's enough to win if I played this fight less smart and tried to fist fight you, but thats the exact reason i won't do that.

Sentry
I can kill you a few different ways. All you can do is imprison or entrap me since you can do nothing to hurt me. If you can imprison me, I will create a spatial aperture and trap you between them, and it will take you a while to get out giving me the win. Of course I'll do it to you first, since I'm faster.

long pig
Do you really think Druid would have enough time to learn this in 2 hours??
C'mon now. I'm sure Druid could learn how to use them a little, charging and firing blasts, but that is a technique that Cap took years to learn. Cap STILL isnt totally secure in using his nega bands, he is still in training, and it been years now.

I'm trying to do thing that are easy to learn in 2 hours, I haven't tried to turn my body into magical energy yet because it takes time to learn.
Druid can not learn something THAT complicated in 2 hours.

long pig
Ok, I think my biggest point was this:

I don't have to defeat your body to win, I only have to defeat your mind.
Your mind is weaker than mine. Druid wasn't anything special, he was good at what he did but Strange outclassed him in everything.
I didn't even bother going after a physical K.O or trying to harm your body what-so-ever, I only intended to fight your mind, it's the weakest thing on you.
Your body is only as strong as your mind and Druids mind is easily taken down by a master telepathic assualt(via eye of aggaroth) and magic spells of high order.

Call me cheap or whatever, but there was a reason I argued fighting against Rob's supreme's body. I can't hurt his body, but i can dominate the mind controlling his body.

Dizzle
I mean come on, Xavier's a freaking crapple and he could beat the crap out of most other mutants (I said most, don't bring up Phoenix or Franklin on me)

Sentry
Dominating my mind? How? You have all these spells and items, but when will you have time to use them? You will be dead less than a second after the match starts. Supreme's speed is near light, with a little energy from the nega bands puts me beyond it. Sure you can run up to the speed of light, but my speed transcends light. You will be killed via fatal absorption of energies thanks to the sheer magnitude of blasts you receive before you can put your shield up. Force thoughts into your head before you can utter the spell In the name of all-freeing, and you assume you have won, you will lower your shield leaving you vulnerable and thus I will rip you apart or inject a fatal dose of energies into you. Really, your other two character's are useless against me. It's Dr. Strange VS. Dr. Ethan Vell : Supreme, Doctor Druid, and Genis Vell. You lose. smile

long pig
I'm not lowering any shield, ever. Steve wouldn't either.

Don't assume what you think I will assume to win a fight, thats logically impaired thinking, oh wait, Druid is insane.......no wonder he'd think that way.

Your speed isn't going to help against a triple shield.

Actually Druid is basically out of this fight. His powers will hardly work on me.
Druid mind will fall to my superior mind and he will fall prey to any spell i conjure, then his body will follow.

So in truth it's Supreme/genis vs flash/strange/absorbing man
When your mind is dead or utterly confused, your body is just meat.

You keep side stepping that Druid is evil, and if i wanted to kill your mind, all i need is the lights of nirvalon spell and it will make you brain dead. Evil mind=Evil body.
But following the rules makes me say Strange wouldn't do that unless he felt like his foe was a dangerous threat, and I don't believe you are.

leonidas
<<I come into the fight with my shield up.>>

hey . . . where have i heard THAT strategy espoused . . .? heheh.

again, i've no vote but find these debates fascinating (though they ARE eating slowly away at what little life i have!)

i'm a bit puzzled again by this 'attack at light speed' strategy - guess it's cuz it never happens in books (ie - why doesn't firelord just hit thor at lightspeed and finish him in less than a second? or flash hit supes at lightspeed and finish him? his mass at that speed would be more than enough, speaking strictly physically, it would be infinite) but aside from the lack of aesthetics, why can't long just react and MOVE/REACT at the speed of light/flash speed to avoid the attack long enough to cast? sentry's not THAT much faster. and strange can cast and fight at the same time - he's done it lots of times. a lot has been made of the negabands as well, but they have NEVER been all that tough (certainly not in the league of the quantum bands) and the precog does NOT let him see and know the future.

i don't know that long could actually put sentry out (supreme is a tough mother), but he COULD incapacitate him and take him out of the fight. and if incapacitating is victory . . .

as well as both have debated, i'd have to say long has the better combo of characters in this match.

just my 2 cents.

Sentry
<<I come into the fight with my shield up.>>

hey . . . where have i heard THAT strategy espoused . . .? heheh.

again, i've no vote but find these debates fascinating (though they ARE eating slowly away at what little life i have!)

i'm a bit puzzled again by this 'attack at light speed' strategy - guess it's cuz it never happens in books (ie - why doesn't firelord just hit thor at lightspeed and finish him in less than a second? or flash hit supes at lightspeed and finish him? his mass at that speed would be more than enough, speaking strictly physically, it would be infinite) but aside from the lack of aesthetics, why can't long just react and MOVE/REACT at the speed of light/flash speed to avoid the attack long enough to cast? sentry's not THAT much faster. and strange can cast and fight at the same time - he's done it lots of times. a lot has been made of the negabands as well, but they have NEVER been all that tough (certainly not in the league of the quantum bands) and the precog does NOT let him see and know the future.

i don't know that long could actually put sentry out (supreme is a tough mother), but he COULD incapacitate him and take him out of the fight. and if incapacitating is victory . . .

as well as both have debated, i'd have to say long has the better combo of characters in this match.

just my 2 cents.

Cosmic Awareness can see into the future and possible outcomes. This coupled with pre-cog will give me the edge.

leonidas
<<Cosmic Awareness can see into the future and possible outcomes. This coupled with pre-cog will give me the edge.>>

i'm not battling you so i won't debate it. i just think you might be overestimating that particular ability. it's close enough where something like this may be enough to be the winning factor. guess we'll see what the others believe. good luck.

Sentry
<<Cosmic Awareness can see into the future and possible outcomes. This coupled with pre-cog will give me the edge.>>

i'm not battling you so i won't debate it. i just think you might be overestimating that particular ability. it's close enough where something like this may be enough to be the winning factor. guess we'll see what the others believe. good luck.

Thanks. Good to hear other people's opinions.

Dizzle
Just to give an example, if anyone has ever read the Dune series... Leto II has the same kind of precog. He sees his web of possible futures, which all depend on the actions he takes. He sees his favorite future, which he calls his Golden Path, and becomes the God Emperor by doing everything exactly right.

Genis's thing does not work like this. It's nowhere near as clear or far reaching. A little precog, which I assume comes from a different source entirely anyway, wouldn't augment this enough to see exact moves of long pig's character.

Sentry
I may not be able to see each and exact move, but I will be able to see different outcomes of the match before it happens, my character can then deduce what has happened and then react accordingly. The combined powers of Druid and Vell will give me a slight edge. Add speed attacks that transcend light, with near limitless potential of the nega bands, I don't see Strange Flasher Man defeating Dr. Ethan Vell.

Sentry
Where are the rest of the votes? Sccobs, Scarlet, gautam, stormfront, etc...

long pig
His name is BIG SEXY!

heh.

Druids pre-cog is worthless, and you know it has no value in this fight.
Does someone with pre-cog get shot in the back of the head point blank by a girl? No.

If druid had any pre-cog, he would of at least known the girl was going to hide in his house and wait for him to get back then while he is reading, SHOOT HIM IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD.
C'mon, you're reaching now.

Genis' Cosmic Awareness doesn't give you the power to read the future. You don't have Captian Marvel's mind anyways, so that power isn't going to be used.

Captain Marvels Nega Bands are extremely powerful, but unlike Captain marvel, Druid has no idea how to use them in extremly complicated ways, therefore....most of the Bands power are gone.

You have Druids mind/powers, meaning he is going to be your main character. And my main character simply negates your's into non-existance.

I lucked up with the iron ball and chain, I admit that much, but the rest wasn't easy.......yet I still countered every single one of your points.

Here is the triple shield spell Strange uses to protect himself against extrmely powerful foes.
Dr. Strange #32. He's fighting some really strong magic guy.

long pig
I don't know. They haven't said a word the entire fight.
The last fight everyone was in on it.

DigiMark007
I guess there's a lack of controversy or something in this match. The whole Zatanna thing had evryone in a tither last match....still, they better vote soon, or they'll have votes taken away from them (which may or may not be fair, but I can vote in all of them so I'm not complaining)...

-DM

P.S. Just read your comment right below this, lp. That might work...or just say that Strange would go to his "Mist of Agamotto" form and win the match... laughing out loud

long pig
Maybe if Sentry and myself call each other names, people will come?

Sentry
Maybe if Sentry and myself call each other names, people will come?

LOL!

long pig
So, a tie? What do we do now?
either way good debate Sentry. I think we both did well, neither of us had to concede. and i was worried about that for a while.

I'm ready to watch the other fights now.

BENITO
Is this a vote??

P.S. Still walking the line here with my vote...good job guys.

P.P.S. If that quote above was a vote, it's 3-2 longpig right now. Wish I knew when this battle would be ending so I'd know when I have to vote.
yes it is.

DigiMark007
So, a tie? What do we do now?

How do you figure it's a tie...right now I count 4-2

longpig: Khellendros, DarkCrawler, Benito, Myself
Sentry: dael fishd evil, KVD

I'd agree with the rest of what you said, though...it's been a good debate.

-DM

stormfront13
well you can count my vote for long pig

Scoobless
Oh, let's not forget about your Absorbing Man body:

You will explode due to major absorption of energies and as your body will try and reform, I will absorb you into my nega bands, since your remnants will be permeating with energy.

Absorbing Man doesn't always automatically absorb anything that touches him.... Wolverine cut off his arm and he didn't become adamantium

Originally posted by nimbus006
IMHO Flash is a non factor in this match, only b/c Sentry also has interstellar flight speed which makes him as fast or faster than Flash.

i disagree..... flight speed isn't the same as reaction and movement speed..... which are much greater factors in a fight

you damn lier..... lol ....... i read your initial write up... there's nothing "counter" when you are the first poster and you type 50,000 words

stick out tongue

Cosmic Awareness can see into the future and possible outcomes. This coupled with pre-cog will give me the edge.

i read a few of the first Genis/Captain Marvel books after Avengers Forever.... Marvel made a ton of mistakes thanks to his "cosmic awareness"..... and when he featured in an Avengers story he couldn't even tell that Cap was really Taskmaster in disguise...... Druid would only be confused by this ability.... i see it as a hindrance to your character

I don't see Strange Flasher Man defeating Dr. Ethan Vell.

lol..... i made that name up for my "Amalgams V's Marvel Earth" thread.... i don't think that's what Long Pig is going by these days big grin

i was out last night and working all today

Entrapments? Is that the only way you can defeat me?

against a much stronger opponent you use whatever works

Is entrapment considered a win?

i think it is considered a win

I vote for Long Pig...... sorry Sentry, good arguments but i think the iron/insanity/amateur with Nega Bands factors really weaken your character.... if you'd been fighting a purely physical opponent i've no doubt that it would have been much closer

this may be one of the longest posts made purely to cast a vote...... i hope you all get your reading glasses prepped for my fight....lol

smile

Evangel94
Match extended due to lack of votes.

Khellendros
Originally posted by Evangel94
Match extended due to lack of votes.
What? They both have votes. And you said that any participants that didn't vote would just get one vote deducted from them in their fight.

DigiMark007
Well...

If everyone gets up and votes we could move on. Do people like gautam and ScarletSpider know they haev to vote? Haven't seen them on these battles yet.

But it's 6-2 longpig right now. Not quite the same turnout as Nat/SF but still ok...

...but whatever. Sucks now because Wed. night/Thursday was great for me. Fri/Sat is busy as hell for me, and that's probably when I'll be fighting now.

stormfront13
hey, couldn't absorbing man just download tons of fighting styles, and a bunch of battle tactics, onto a computer and absorb the computer making him a smarter fighter, as well as a better martial artist, as well as improving his thought speed and intelligence. would this work?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by stormfront13
hey, couldn't absorbing man just download tons of fighting styles, and a bunch of battle tactics, onto a computer and absorb the computer making him a smarter fighter, as well as a better martial artist, as well as improving his thought speed and intelligence. would this work?

He actually did something like this once. It was in "Universe X"...kind of an "What If" possible future of Marvel. Great comic..not exactly definitive looks at Marvel characters...but Absorbing Man could probably do this.

The fight is on the moon this round, so I don't know where he'd get his computer, but theoretically he could do it and would be pretty awesome (In Universe X he beats the entire Avengers using this tactic...minus Cpt America, who wasn't there).

-DM

P.S. Sorry...Vision barely beats him in Universe X, but Absorbing Man manages to kill 4 or 5 of them before that happens.

stormfront13
oh i thought they were open to everything until the matched started

DigiMark007
oh i thought they were open to everything until the matched started

dunno. Maybe. If that's the case, I'd have Strange go find Wolverine so Absorbing Man could become adamantium. The computer thing might be an option too, but I'm not quite sure how it would work.

-DM

Nataku8188
When the hell is this going to close? It's only 6 pages! haha. We got through 6 pages in like, an hour.

stormfront13
yeah we would go through like 3 pages in like 10 minutes lol

DigiMark007
It should've closed, but Evangel extended it so more people could vote...apparently that hasn't happened yet.

Longpig's up 6-2 at this point, though, so Sentry is fighting an uphill battle even if more people come and vote.

-DM

P.S. It was funny how fast you guys used up pages...the thread hit 20-something by the end.

long pig
Yea he could.
When he absorbs something, magical technical or something he absorbes the quality of the object as well.
When he absorbed Thors hammer he became indestructable and also had the magical power of Thors hammer.

Thats why i picked him, that and no one ever has beaten Absorbing man
except by outsmarting him.

Are we really allowed to have anything during prep?

Scoobless
i think you have to prep on the battlefield..... remember the wall so you can't see the other prepping thing?

bertran
Long Pig, I think you are vastly misinterpreting the nature of Absorbing Man's powers. When he touched Thor's Hammer he gained its powers because the actual hammer itself was made of magical/powerful material. A computer is made of plastic/metal. Absorbing Man would absorb that, and nothing more. By your logic you could download the Bible onto a computer, A.M. could touch it, and possess the powers of God.
And why limit A.M. to computers? Could he not, by your logic, touch a library and absorb all the knowledge within?
I could go on, but I hope/think you see my point.

long pig
um, no.
i was just saying it may be possible, i was thinking more on the lines of absorbing like a smart robot, like nimrod.

The rest youre right about, if AM were to touch say....juggernaut, he would more than likely have jugs enchanted strength and durability.
Same thing when he absorbed Thors body and he had Thors strength and durability.

bertran
gotcha.....your last post makes more sense to me anyway.

DigiMark007
He did do the computer thing, like I said....but it wasn't a "mainstream" comic (Universe X) so I'd be willing to wager that he'd have some troubles absorbing information like that in a "normal" comic. The comic even said that the only reason he was ever beaten was because he was outsmarted, so once he bypassed that (with the cpu) he handed the Avengers their a$$ and killed most of them. Vision then infected him with a computer virus, and he was forced to turn to a "bad conductor" to eliminate the virus...he turned to stone, and they smashed him into thousands of pieces and dispersed the pieces before he could do anything else.

-DM

...yawn...

long pig
Yea, that's why he doesn't run threw 90% of earths heros, he's just dumb.

I always wondered how, if he touches someone, he gets some of their powers and a bit of their memory...kinda weird to me.

Well, he was created to do just that, but still a little odd.

Scoobless
powers?..... i always thought he only gained the physical properties of the thing he touched... in the case of Hulk that would make him stronger... but if he touches Xavier he doesn't become a telepath...... does he?

long pig
Thats what I'm asking, not too sure myself.....cuz when he absorbed Thor, the dude was doing magic type things.

But yea, if he absorbed Hulk he would get hulks strength and durability.

DigiMark007
And would he get the "rage factor" of Hulk, or just Hulk's strength and durability at the moment AM touches him? AM's a hazy character like that. Cool, but vague.

-DM

Scoobless
i think he'd get the strength of the Hulk at the last time he came into contact with him.... if they were fighting he could keep updating himself

until he overloads and explodes that is

long pig
He's vague as hell. If only he wasn't a freaking moron, he'd be a tough cookie.

He only ever exploded because he tried to absorb the entire earth, so unless he abosorbs hulk's strength to the point that hulk could destroy the earth or at least a huge part of it, he should be fine.

The rage factor thing seems possible, if he can mimic magical power, i dont see why he couldn't mimic something like becoming stronger.

I dunno.
What ever happend when he absorbed into energy itself?
He's been lightning and some other type of energy before....never could find out how he used it.

Scoobless
he also exploded when he tried to absorb war Hulk's sword

he can become energy, fire.... that sort of thing

long pig
Oh, yeah the Celestial sword.
Makes sense.
No way he's absorbing something from the Celestials.

Scoobless
he has his limits..... when faced with a sufficient energy source he's toast .......... just like in Sentry's (and others.... wink ) plans

long pig
Very true.
Sentry's plan would have worked, but absorbing man can choose when and when not to absorb into something.
Otherwise he'd be turning into wind all the time.

hmmm.....wind.....hmmmmm....magic spell casting wind you say.......

Scoobless
Very true.
Sentry's plan would have worked, but absorbing man can choose when and when not to absorb into something.
Otherwise he'd be turning into wind all the time.

hmmm.....wind.....hmmmmm....magic spell casting wind you say.......

turning into wind would be useless in a fight against above street level guys

he obviously has trouble stopping once he starts absorbing things or he'd never go past his limit...... if he began to absorb any of the nega band power Genis could just increase the output and waste him

long pig
Why not go past your limit?
He knows he'll just reform, plus you'll never no your limit till you pass it.

I doubt he has trouble stopping, I think he's just too stupid to learn from the last time he absorbed too much, but he has no trouble at all when it comes to not starting.

You don't think air would be cool? WTF can you do to air, especially air that keeps casting spells on you and can think.

Nataku8188
Why not go past your limit?
He knows he'll just reform, plus you'll never no your limit till you pass it.

He probably may have trouble stopping once he gets so far into the absorption process, but he has no trouble not starting.

You don't think air would be cool? WTF can you do to air, especially air that keeps casting spells on you and can think.

Blast the shit out of it.

long pig
Blast the shit out of air?

DigiMark007
Fly through it with the superman clone most of the amalgams have. Fly through it so fast and so many times that it just disperses your being into wisps of air that can't come back together.

...but feel free to try it if you and I fight big grin

-DM

long pig
Kinda hard to do that when there is a shield around it. evil face

DigiMark007
Shields can be made to come down. evil face

In any case, with or without shields, I don't see how the wind-thing helps you.

long pig
Not really planned on using it, we could call it the Mist of Agamotto!(remember??)

Just kinda thought, there nothing physical you can do to air. especially when its smart air.

DigiMark007
Smart air!?!? Hahaha!

damn, we need a new fight to start...even this brief amusement is getting old.

-DM

Khellendros
Smart air!?!? Hahaha!

damn, we need a new fight to start...even this brief amusement is getting old.

-DM
I agree. I am swiftly losing interest in this whole tournament...

Scoobless

Strange quite often needs to perform hand gestures to perform his magics... air can't do that....... air could be blown away, frozen or heated until it seperates into its components, trapped, inhaled....... smile

Evangel94
Closed to all tournament participants. Sorry for the delay. I extended the match hoping to draw more people to vote and to give the contestants a fair shot.

It appears Longpig is the winner.

-Evangel smile

long pig
I've seen strange do spells while tied up completely, he doesn't use a magic wand or whatever, it's all mental.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.