why do YOU dislike certain X-Men characters?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wickerman
K, so please no flame wars in this thread. If someone says "Man i HATE that Wolverine" and doesn't post a reason it's their decision. Also, don't start argueing with them just cause you think their point moot (even though it might be). Just trying to make a mature civil thread here to find out who is disliked and most importantly why.

First of all, i dislike Cyclops (not hate, just dislike). Why? Because of two things:

1. the deaths of Scaleface and Berzerker. That stuff shouldn't have gone unpunished. I mean how stupid do you have to be to see them hiding behind to crate to keep safe from gunfire and destroy that crate to leave them out in the open gunfire.....he was like an executioner on that one.

2. Abandoning Morph back in the old toons. I mean COME ON. Cyke pissed himself when he saw the sentinels and decided to leave. It wasn't a rational decision to run and leave him behind. There were bout 4 or 5 sentinels there (all prototypes). And when they attack Trask's base and wolverine and gambit get stuck in a room filled with sentinels after a while the door opens and they're both battered but standing over a pile of sentinel bodies.

I also dislike Rogue. She was an immensely cool character WITHOUT flying and superstrength. I mean come on, that's making it WAAAAY too easy. In Evo (which is crap, i know, but still the idea remains) just by using her power she woops pyro/colossus/gambit/magneto ass. Not to mention what she does to the x-men O_o.....

~wickerman~

pr1983
Originally posted by Wickerman
K, so please no flame wars in this thread. If someone says "Man i HATE that Wolverine" and doesn't post a reason it's their decision. Also, don't start argueing with them just cause you think their point moot (even though it might be). Just trying to make a mature civil thread here to find out who is disliked and most importantly why.

First of all, i dislike Cyclops (not hate, just dislike). Why? Because of two things:

1. the deaths of Scaleface and Berzerker. That stuff shouldn't have gone unpunished. I mean how stupid do you have to be to see them hiding behind to crate to keep safe from gunfire and destroy that crate to leave them out in the open gunfire.....he was like an executioner on that one.

2. Abandoning Morph back in the old toons. I mean COME ON. Cyke pissed himself when he saw the sentinels and decided to leave. It wasn't a rational decision to run and leave him behind. There were bout 4 or 5 sentinels there (all prototypes). And when they attack Trask's base and wolverine and gambit get stuck in a room filled with sentinels after a while the door opens and they're both battered but standing over a pile of sentinel bodies.

I also dislike Rogue. She was an immensely cool character WITHOUT flying and superstrength. I mean come on, that's making it WAAAAY too easy. In Evo (which is crap, i know, but still the idea remains) just by using her power she woops pyro/colossus/gambit/magneto ass. Not to mention what she does to the x-men O_o.....

~wickerman~

pissed himself? he took down more sentinels than the others... and they kept coming... if logan hadnt run off maybe they wouldnt have lost beast and morph in the first place...

Wickerman
Originally posted by pr1983
pissed himself? he took down more sentinels than the others... and they kept coming... if logan hadnt run off maybe they wouldnt have lost beast and morph in the first place...

Yes, true, but it wasn't Logan that gave the order to retreat was it? wink
Also, don't see any comment regarding the scaleface/berzerker thing stick out tongue

~wickerman~

pr1983
Yes, true, but it wasn't Logan that gave the order to retreat was it? wink
Also, don't see any comment regarding the scaleface/berzerker thing stick out tongue

~wickerman~

i dont know much about the scaleface/berserker, ill have to look it up...

he gave the order to retreat because if he didnt they all would have ended up like morph...

Wickerman
i dont know much about the scaleface/berserker, ill have to look it up...

he gave the order to retreat because if he didnt they all would have ended up like morph...

Yes, well, you might be right and he might've been forced to give that order but it just stuck with me and won't go away even if you're being reasonable stick out tongue Such is the stigmata of being team leader and having to take the real decisions.....you then get a new convertable, curteosy of wolverine

~wickerman~

pr1983
Yes, well, you might be right and he might've been forced to give that order but it just stuck with me and won't go away even if you're being reasonable stick out tongue Such is the stigmata of being team leader and having to take the real decisions.....you then get a new convertable, curteosy of wolverine

~wickerman~

meh, he can afford a new one...

this berserker scaleface thing... whats it from? comics? cartoon?

Wickerman
Comics. The Morlock Massacre. Look up Scaleface or Berzerker bio on the net. Should give you some info i think.

(can't give you precise comic no. sorry)

~wickerman~

pr1983
Comics. The Morlock Massacre. Look up Scaleface or Berzerker bio on the net. Should give you some info i think.

(can't give you precise comic no. sorry)

~wickerman~

ok, will do...

edit: x-factor #11

both scaleface and berzerker were killed... though isnt berzerker a bad guy?

i dont have the issue so cant comment... erm

Wickerman
ok, will do...

edit: x-factor #11

both scaleface and berzerker were killed... though isnt berzerker a bad guy?

i dont have the issue so cant comment... erm

Berzerker is bout as much a bad guy as wolverine. Even less. Hard time getting along with surfacers, all that hollier than thou deal goin' on. However, he wasn't a bad guy. And after Scaleface died (that he was in love with) he couldn't control himself anymore and let loose against the cops that promptly shot him dead while cyke watched sad

~wickerman~

pr1983
Berzerker is bout as much a bad guy as wolverine. Even less. Hard time getting along with surfacers, all that hollier than thou deal goin' on. However, he wasn't a bad guy. And after Scaleface died (that he was in love with) he couldn't control himself anymore and let loose against the cops that promptly shot him dead while cyke watched sad

~wickerman~

on www.uncannyxmen.net it said cyke shot him... and that berzerker was an avengers villain...

Wickerman
WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

i....don't think so ????
someone help me out here sad

Anyway pr1983, time for you to say which character you dislike

pr1983
wolverine... his attitude... if he was a solo hero i wouldnt mind... but he's supposed to be part of the team... and adding to the fact that he is way too overexposed... surviving nukes, beating namor, hurting surfer... that stuff pisses me off...

i just dont find his character that interesting, he seems to have so little depth... they try and play the "i lost my memory" card, but they do it too much... and the fact the guy claims to have honour yet never stops trying to take jean (i don't even like jean, but come on)...

there are many reasons... i cant go into all of them...

jubilee... if you've watched the animated show you'll know why...

Swanky-Tuna
I don't like Batman. I hear how he's supposed to be the greatest character because he's a powerful hero but still human but he's like an exaggerated version of Oprah and Oprah is already insanely overpowered. It's like DC is trying to tip their hats to the "normal" heroes but by beating Darkseid by themselves or outsmarting a... knowledge... demon or something.

But strangly... I find Dr. Doom and Black Panther very cool for doing the same.

Wolverine is also annoying. Yeah, you're the gothy loner, we get it. Stop surviving nukes and running through gun fire.

Also Stormfront is making me hate Storm the same way a certain someone at the JLAnimated board made me hate Wonder Woman.

X-Blade
I gotta agree with Pr1983 for his reasons of disliking Wolverine. He isn't a team player and needs to leave the X-Men and do his own thing. I agree he adds a tactical force to the team but it's not Wolverine & the X-Men. I still watched the animated X-Men show and prayed for one scene that was never produced.

( X-Men the lost episode...... )

Cyclops: "Logan, We are a team, It's not just about you!"

Logan: "I go.....where I wanna go"

Gambit: "Well then don't let the door hit you on the bottom on your way out Mon Ami."

Jubilee: "But Wolvie....."

Morph: "And take that little runt with you, Heh."

Beast: "Oh my stars and garters."

Wickerman
Originally posted by X-Blade
I gotta agree with Pr1983 for his reasons of disliking Wolverine. He isn't a team player and needs to leave the X-Men and do his own thing. I agree he adds a tactical force to the team but it's not Wolverine & the X-Men. I still watched the animated X-Men show and prayed for one scene that was never produced.

( X-Men the lost episode...... )

Cyclops: "Logan, We are a team, It's not just about you!"

Logan: "I go.....where I wanna go"

Gambit: "Well then don't let the door hit you on the bottom on your way out Mon Ami."

Jubilee: "But Wolvie....."

Morph: "And take that little runt with you, Heh."

Beast: "Oh my stars and garters."

riiiiiiiight.......that's gonna happen soon -_-

Ahem, anyway, i have to concurr with pr in saying that wolverine's been exaggerated upon, i still think he makes for a great character. Sure, kick him out of the team but not out of the Marvel Universe.

Swanky-Tuna, i can understand your frustration but you have to appreciate the fact that he's just a human kickin serious ass. I actually enjoy watching a Batman episode or reading a batman comicbook after too many epic Marvel battles.

(PS: i was thinkin more along the line of Marvel characters but now the gate to DC has been opened stick out tongue )

~wickerman~

pr1983
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

Also Stormfront is making me hate Storm the same way a certain someone at the JLAnimated board made me hate Wonder Woman.

i'm actually heading that way... i've always liked storm... and she's pretty hot too... but i've come to associate her with stormfront and the hours ive spent in the vs forum... sad

as for batman, he's cool, one of my favourites (though i prefer superman)... its more just personal taste really...

Clovie
jean. coz she HAS everything.
scott. coz he seems to have no sense of humour.

pr1983
Originally posted by Clovie
jean. coz she HAS everything.
scott. coz he seems to have no sense of humour.

he's too busy taking care of everyone else...

Clovie
he's too busy taking care of everyone else... oh yes. and the fact that he thinks they would all die imidiatelly if he weren't be taking care of them ALL the ****ing time messed

pr1983
oh yes. and the fact that he thinks they would all die imidiatelly if he weren't be taking care of them ALL the ****ing time messed

most of them would...

Swanky-Tuna
Swanky-Tuna, i can understand your frustration but you have to appreciate the fact that he's just a human kickin serious ass
Doom and Panther do the same. In fact they're worse than Batman in some ways. But Batman just gets on my nerves. Even though I liked his old cartoons when I was younger. And I like most of his villains. Scarecrow rules.

Paola
changing name title....

Clovie
most of them would... coz he is not letting take care of themselves so they don't bother to do it.

pr1983
coz he is not letting take care of themselves so they don't bother to do it.

you have an answer for everything don't you... stick out tongue and btw he does have a sense of humour...

Wickerman
Ahem....ok ok, you dislike cyclops and said why, come on, don't start a flame war pls.

Also, i forgot to mention that while i DO love Wanda (Scarlet Witch), i dislike the fact that she's a bit overpowered....altering reality without even knowing it? sad I may just be a melancholic old fool that isn't opened to new things, i also may be blinded by my unfettered love for Magneto....but to me it would seem normal for him to be able to properly spank her....and in a 1v1 with no prep it's pretty clear she'd be the one doing the spanking sad

~wickerman~

pr1983
Ahem....ok ok, you dislike cyclops and said why, come on, don't start a flame war pls.

Also, i forgot to mention that while i DO love Wanda (Scarlet Witch), i dislike the fact that she's a bit overpowered....altering reality without even knowing it? sad I may just be a melancholic old fool that isn't opened to new things, i also may be blinded by my unfettered love for Magneto....but to me it would seem normal for him to be able to properly spank her....and in a 1v1 with no prep it's pretty clear she'd be the one doing the spanking sad

~wickerman~

i do get what you mean... a similar thing is happening with the new supergirl... just plain wrong...

Clovie
you have an answer for everything don't you... stick out tongue and btw he does have a sense of humour... of course smart
i haven't noticed... does it have something in common to listening to the n'scync? stick out tongue

~wickerman~ it is not a war confused
at least i don't treat it as one.

and i agree that the fact that wanda has so many powers makes her kinda unreal confused

Wickerman
i do get what you mean... a similar thing is happening with the new supergirl... just plain wrong...

then it's clear that i dislike supergirl as well stick out tongue

~wickerman~

pr1983

Clovie

pr1983
sarcasm is a type of humour...

3. you have to read the comic to get it... embarrasment

5. i just threw it in...

Clovie
that's why it was funny to me, but it is still not the good sense of humour confused

3/uh huh confused

5/ huh

Wickerman
Ok, cyclops can at times be funny, but the real problem isn't that he's NOT able of being funny, but that he IS able of being funny and choses not to. I think that's what clovie's trying to say.

~wickerman~

pr1983
Ok, cyclops can at times be funny, but the real problem isn't that he's NOT able of being funny, but that he IS able of being funny and choses not to. I think that's what clovie's trying to say.

~wickerman~

i hope so stick out tongue

Clovie

~wickerman~ exactly. sad
and it is sad.

pr1983
exactly. sad
and it is sad.

but hes not supposed to be... iceman and others are meant to be... embarrasment

Clovie
iceman is not having sense of humour. he is annoying little...ermm.. confused

pr1983
iceman is not having sense of humour. he is annoying little...ermm.. confused

thats only recently... for years he was the class clown in x-men... ever since the comics started...

BENITO
CYCLOPS and HUSK

Clovie
oh..okay
in evo he is selfcentered idiot

pr1983
oh..okay
in evo he is selfcentered idiot

evo does not count... ever...

Clovie
to me it VERY does.

pr1983
to me it VERY does.

only to you... stick out tongue

Clovie
NOT ONLY schmoll

pr1983
NOT ONLY schmoll

laughing

Clovie
don't laugh at me, mister.

pr1983
don't laugh at me, mister.

tongue

Clovie
nono

pr1983
embarrasment

Clovie
lady

pr1983
huh

Wickerman
-_-

now make up and make out....crap....did i say that? embarrasment

Ahem....pls don't get the thread shut down due to spam guys. Alrighty.....another one i dislike: Vargas: Smartass little punk bastard thinking he's so.....so.....ok....so he IS cool but that's beyond the point sad I dislike him.

~wickerman~

pr1983
i was just mocking evo...

Clovie
it won't get closed happy

and no...you didn't say anything roll eyes (sarcastic)

pr1983
said nothing, nothing at all... embarrasment

Clovie
exactly.

and don't mock evo. it is all i know about the xmen ninja

pr1983
exactly.

and don't mock evo. it is all i know about the xmen ninja

www.marveldirectory.com

www.uncannyxmen.net

go, learn about x-men...

Neptune
I seriously dislike Jean. I think she depends on Cyclops too much. She's arguably the most powerful x-man but she acts so weak. Especially in the cartoons. In battle, she was always falling, getting hurt or yelling: "Scott!". And talk about a lack of personality, she's so bland.

Wickerman
Yes, that IS indeed her in the cartoons but not also in the comics. And she can kick some major ass. Also, you're probably speaking about the older toons and not the Evolution series in which she's a teenager AND kicks ass.... O_o

~wickerman~

countryfan2004
I dislike Emma. I just don't trust her, even after her proving herself. I don't like how she treats people. She's a total *****, but I guess there needs to be different personalities in the X-books or else everyone's the same. I still don't like her though.
I also hate Scott. He's a d**k, as Wolverine says in the movie. The Astonishing suit doesn't help out too much either. Can it look a little more like a condom?
And Wolverine....hate him for ovious reasons already stated in this thread. i'm tired of him being on all the X-teams, but he doesn't really do teamwork. It doesn't make sense why he's on the teams when he works alone. I hate that!

Neptune
Haha Clovie, if evo is all you know about the X-men, you really got some catching up to do. You're missing out on some good stories.

DarkCrawler
Jubilee...she has been on X-Men longer then most characters and has not still learned more then shooting fireworks...she has the most annoying personality...I hate her so much...

Others I hate:

Gambit
Wolverine
All the New Mutants
All people from Generation X except Emma Frost

Cyclops is the coolest X-Men.

Wickerman
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Cyclops is the coolest X-Men.

This statement is even more disturbing coming from someone with a wolverine avatar and signature. laughing

~wickerman~

Clovie
Originally posted by Neptune
Haha Clovie, if evo is all you know about the X-men, you really got some catching up to do. You're missing out on some good stories. i've seen the movies too eek!

Wickerman
i've seen the movies too eek!

I mourn for your loss sad

~wickerman~

Draco69
I hate:

Wolverine (overexposure)
Jubilee (do I have to say why?_
Gambit (because of his personality)
Bishop (too cocky for his own good)

Wickerman
Originally posted by Draco69

Bishop (too cocky for his own good)

very much agreed

~wickerman~

Neptune
I have always found Gambit's personality very cool, what don't you like about it? Bishop cocky? why? and btw doesn't anybody like Wolverine anymore? shocking

nimbus006
I love all trhe chatacters in both universes. They all bring something different to the table. And you cant hate certain characters for overexposure thast not fair its not there fault ppl like them, and exxagerate them, thats the fans fault.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Neptune
I have always found Gambit's personality very cool, what don't you like about it? Bishop cocky? why? and btw doesn't anybody like Wolverine anymore? shocking

Course we still like Wolverine, but it's kinda like overburn. Ever loved one special kind of icecream? Then one summer you eat a whole bunch of it, get sick, puke and for a while can't even stand the smell of that icecream even though deep inside of you you still love it? Then you know what we feel like bout Wolvie (shut up, i had a tough icecream experience childhood...thingy....)

As for Bishop, he's always had this.....i dunno....Hollier than thou thing goin' on that pretty much all time travelers seem to have (from what i've noticed).

~wickerman~

katie_girl09

C'mon! What's so wrong with Supergirl possibly being stronger than Superman? I think that would be really interesting!

Wickerman
I don't know.......i'm probably just an imbecile but that's how my brain automatically functions. It's not a male pig shovinist thing either because i've got a thing for powerful women, but i dunno....maybe it's some sort of complex i suffer from that makes me think it's completely wrong...

~wickerman~

katie_girl09
I don't know.......i'm probably just an imbecile but that's how my brain automatically functions. It's not a male pig shovinist thing either because i've got a thing for powerful women, but i dunno....maybe it's some sort of complex i suffer from that makes me think it's completely wrong...

~wickerman~

Oh well, don't worry about it. Its your opinion anyway...
I love the new Supergirl! I'm gonna read her series when it comes out!

I don't like Cyclops because he's too uptight/boring
I don't like Jean because she's too perfect imo
I have no problem with Wolverine, but MAN! Does he have to be in everything???

Wickerman
Yeah well just thinking about it kinda makes me grimace and make yukky pukey faces kinda like when i was a kid and my parents forced me to do my homework...i'll probably have a look at it but hate it and stop instantly cause i'm so biased

~wickerman~

katie_girl09
Yeah well just thinking about it kinda makes me grimace and make yukky pukey faces kinda like when i was a kid and my parents forced me to do my homework...i'll probably have a look at it but hate it and stop instantly cause i'm so biased

~wickerman~
Tsk, tsk! Open your mind stick out tongue

Wickerman
Originally posted by katie_girl09
Tsk, tsk! Open your mind stick out tongue

and the rest will follow? stick out tongue

anyway, let's see...who else do i dislike? Oh right, Holocaust. But not really him, but rather the name they chose for him. If my history lessons don't fail me, doesn't Holocaust mean "death by fire" or something along those lines? And even if it does and actually has a logical connection to him, i doubt the creators thought twice before giving "Apocalypse" a right hand man called "Holocaust" -_-

Surprised there wasn't another one called "Cold War".

~wickerman~

pr1983
C'mon! What's so wrong with Supergirl possibly being stronger than Superman? I think that would be really interesting!

they've been progressively weakening superman.... its shit...

FieryBalrog
Wolverines exposed, but he can be a really cool character when written right. I certainly dont mind him on the team, but does he really need to be on every goddang team? Every.... single... one! And I wish he would drop the costume once and for all. Certain people look better in it (a few) but not Wolverine.

The character I dislike the most (apart from Jubilee, obviously... I dont think theres a postpubescent person alive who actually likes her) is Emma Frost... I hate the way she's continually getting "softened up" and having excuses made for her bad behavior because shes a witty character with attitude.

I think she makes a nice foil... but the writers (both Morrisson and Whedon) have clearly fallen in love with her, and are determined to make her a main character.

LeDiableBlanc90
Wolverine- same old reasons...overexposure....bored of him.
Storm (kind of)- I can't back this one up too much but I've always kinda disliked her superior attitude and found her slightly boring.... and plus Claremont's blatant favouritism pissed me off- during his X-treme run he might as well have written I love Storm I love Storm I love Storm I love Storm (p.s. Rogue sucks)......damn old man...
Jean- She's ok really, but too perfect- and I know its hardly the best source to go on but annoyed the almighty f*ck out of me in evo.
Boom Boom..or...Bam Bam or whatever the hell she calls herself....little runt...
I used to be not too crazy about Scott but I finally got over the whole "I'll agree with what most people think because its cool to use the phrase Scott has a stick stuck up his ass i.e. the most overused, ignorant phrase ever invented. Sorry- I just people should try and look past the fact that he is quite uptight and actually give the charcter a chance. I think he's pretty damn cool.....Morisson wrote him well....gave him a darker side.....
loads of others..I can't think of them...

stormfront13
how do i make you hate storm?? the only places i talk about her are in threads that have the title storm in them and she is supposed to be talked about, and the hottest x-person. and i have only ACCIDENTLY brought her up in a thread not about her like once. its not like i go into a thread called iceman VS magneto or something and say storms the best or anything. just because i talk her in threads that her character is supposed to be talked about in makes you hate her?? or is it the fact that finnuala made me a storm sig, or the fact that she is in my name?

Nataku8188
The real question is, which X-men DON'T I hate?

Liefield's X-force
Psylocke
Archangel

Damn that's a short list.

Why?

X-men writers get so absorbed in their own writing they seem to forget about a thing called, 'continuity' and so absorbed in their own ideas they forget about a little thing called, 'character development' and 'limits' and just do whatever they damn well please.

stormfront13
i have always liked the x-men but they shouldn't just power up characters as they please, they should at least show the character trying to train to become better

Wickerman
That's one of the reasons i liked Evo as much as i did. It focused on a background story arc, and showed most members advancing their powers.

~wickerman~

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by stormfront13
how do i make you hate storm?? the only places i talk about her are in threads that have the title storm in them and she is supposed to be talked about, and the hottest x-person. and i have only ACCIDENTLY brought her up in a thread not about her like once. its not like i go into a thread called iceman VS magneto or something and say storms the best or anything. just because i talk her in threads that her character is supposed to be talked about in makes you hate her?? or is it the fact that finnuala made me a storm sig, or the fact that she is in my name?
Look, you're talking about Storm right now!

Wickerman
Look, you're talking about Storm right now!

laughing Yes, but storm IS cool. All i'm upset about is that they didn't bring back Monsoon. If he evolved a bit more he would've been as strong as storm. sad

~wickerman~

stormfront13
yes but not how i like her, as i was asking a question

katie_girl09
Originally posted by LeDiableBlanc90
Storm (kind of)- I can't back this one up too much but I've always kinda disliked her superior attitude and found her slightly boring.... and plus Claremont's blatant favouritism pissed me off- during his X-treme run he might as well have written I love Storm I love Storm I love Storm I love Storm (p.s. Rogue sucks)......damn old man...
Jean- She's ok really, but too perfect- and I know its hardly the best source to go on but annoyed the almighty f*ck out of me in evo.
Boom Boom..or...Bam Bam or whatever the hell she calls herself....little runt...
I used to be not too crazy about Scott but I finally got over the whole "I'll agree with what most people think because its cool to use the phrase Scott has a stick stuck up his ass i.e. the most overused, ignorant phrase ever invented. Sorry- I just people should try and look past the fact that he is quite uptight and actually give the charcter a chance. I think he's pretty damn cool.....Morisson wrote him well....gave him a darker side.....

I'm not saying that because everyone else is saying it, I'm saying it because I genuinely DO NOT like Cyclops. I find him boring...

Wickerman
I'm not saying that because everyone else is saying it, I'm saying it because I genuinely DO NOT like Cyclops. I find him boring...

You're probably still a teenager. You'll evolve wink (get it...GET IT? *maniacal laughter* )

~wickerman~

LeDiableBlanc90

Hey- I didn't mean you personally, those who have informed personal opinions are all well and good- i just meant those who don't even know much about the character- hence the "most" and the whole general explanation erm

katie_girl09
Hey- I didn't mean you personally, those who have informed personal opinions are all well and good- i just meant those who don't even know much about the character- hence the "most" and the whole general explanation erm
ok lol. just making sure smile

Swanky-Tuna
I'm also starting to dislike Jean. White crown what the phoenix? Go back to normal please.

pr1983
I'm also starting to dislike Jean. White crown what the phoenix? Go back to normal please.

laughing

blaise
i don't like jumbliee.....cause shes useless and annoying
sinister cause he looks like that

toad cause no one should have a touge that long..thats jus wrong

FieryBalrog

mmmm White Phoenix of the Crown... I'm such a sucker for religious imagery and mythologies. rolling on floor laughing

FieryBalrog
I've never really liked Psylocke because shes always described as a Nympho Action Junkie.... and I just hate the concept of an action junkie... it just reminds me of those X-TREME kids in "Harold & Kumar go to White Castle" (an awesome movie by the way). You know, those kids that go around watching snowboarding videos and yelling X-TREME.

Her crazy I-was-British-but-now-I-am-trapped-in-the-body-of-an-asian-sexy-ninja-assassin-nympho-action-junkie-wow-isn't-this-so-X-TREME
gimmick is a little.. I dunno. I'm not a fan.

FieryBalrog

Jean was quite annoying in Evo.. but yeah.. thats not a great source to go on. Scott was great in Evo. I liked him a lot there.

And I agree Morrisson wrote him well, but lately he's been totally under Emma's mighty thumb. And before... well before En Sabah Nur... he was a bit of a tightwad.

xmarksthespot
Jubilee... cos that goes without saying.
Hate Wolverine being overhyped/exposed, makes me like him less.

I've found that people who don't like Jean tend to like Emma and Psylocke... and vice versa... funny that big grin
I happen to like Psylocke and Emma wink at least more than Jean.
But I'm not saying I dislike Jean. (saves himself from the wrath of Jean Grey fans hopefully)

Cyke's never really appealed either, for the aforementioned reasons.
Dislike Dazzler too, she reminded me of a grown up Jubilee.
Forge was an complete A-hole when he broke off his marriage proposal to Storm, and I've held that against him since laughing out loud but he never really held my favour anyway.

FieryBalrog
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Jubilee... cos that goes without saying.

laughing thumb up

(saves himself from the wrath of Jean Grey fans hopefully

... for now, you will be spared... pirate blowup

big grin

Britrogue
Who do I dislike? Hmmmm..
Well, Jubillee, because she's an annoying, jumped up little brat who needs shooting.
I really liked Wolverine in the films, but hate him as a standard character. He's nothing but a short ass little firebrand who seriously needs to be under someone's thumb for a while.
Blob because he's a donut.
Marrow because she tried to steal Gambit off of Rogue. mad B****H!!

blaise
belldaonna...she tryed to steal gambit against his will wit that ring.....and take him from rouge ....burnnnn b.itch

DarkCrawler
Gambit:

Stupid accent

Stupid personality

Stupid jokes

Stupid hair

Pretty much everything in him is stupid.

And I don't even need to mention Jubilee.

Mainstream
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Gambit:

Stupid accent

Stupid personality

Stupid jokes

Stupid hair

Pretty much everything in him is stupid.

And I don't even need to mention Jubilee.

his powers aren't
Iceman jokes are lamer
and Wolverine hair looks like he kissed a cyclone
Cyclops personality is stiff than a metal board.

FieryBalrog
Did anyone see the horrible perm that Gambit has in Ultimate X-men...

Gambit + Perm = sick

Toad also had a perm during Planet X but it was very flattering big grin

countryfan2004
Gambit: Da accent, mon ami! I hate how he's always trying to get with Rogue. Get over her!
Rogue: How she plays with Gambit's head, and how her powers are always messing up. I used to like her until 95 or 96.
Emma: Total b**ch I can't even stand her, except when people rip on her, like Psylocke or Shadowcat. Great stuff.
Wolverine: Overused and poorly written anymore. he's a softie nowadays.
Maggott: Let's just leave it at "I'm glad the bugger's dead."
Cyclops off an on, depenind on how he's written.
I used ot hate X-23, but I warmed up to her pretty quickly.
I guess that's about it.

Britrogue
Originally posted by blaise
belldaonna...she tryed to steal gambit against his will wit that ring.....and take him from rouge ....burnnnn b.itch

I forgot about her. I am so ashamed of myself right now! shock

Britrogue
Originally posted by FieryBalrog
Did anyone see the horrible perm that Gambit has in Ultimate X-men...

Gambit + Perm = sick

Toad also had a perm during Planet X but it was very flattering big grin

Yeah, what was with that perm? When I first saw this pic, I thought Rogue had become a Lesbian. puke

xmarksthespot
I never really liked Bishop.. he's always been so "I'm from the future... I've trained all my life... blah blah blah... just doing my job... blah blah excessive force.... I'm a cop...blah blah... I'm always right..." Closed minded and arrogant. Get over yourself.

LISA-J
Wolverine cause it's all ME,ME,MEwith him.Jubilee cause she is completely useless and annoying and emma frost cause she is a TOTAL WHORE,and scott needs to dump her- aren't I soooo sexy ass.

pr1983
Originally posted by countryfan2004
Gambit: Da accent, mon ami! I hate how he's always trying to get with Rogue. Get over her!
Rogue: How she plays with Gambit's head, and how her powers are always messing up. I used to like her until 95 or 96.
Emma: Total b**ch I can't even stand her, except when people rip on her, like Psylocke or Shadowcat. Great stuff.
Wolverine: Overused and poorly written anymore. he's a softie nowadays.
Maggott: Let's just leave it at "I'm glad the bugger's dead."
Cyclops off an on, depenind on how he's written.
I used ot hate X-23, but I warmed up to her pretty quickly.
I guess that's about it.

don't you like anyone...

Originally posted by LISA-J
Wolverine cause it's all ME,ME,MEwith him.Jubilee cause she is completely useless and annoying and emma frost cause she is a TOTAL WHORE,and scott needs to dump her- aren't I soooo sexy ass.

*waits for munkie* stick out tongue

LISA-J
I have no idea what the hell your talking about.

pr1983
im not an emma fan, yet people seem to call her a whore just because of the way she dresses and the fact she's with scott...

doesnt seem like justification to me...

and munkie is an emma fan...

LISA-J
Oh,and I call her a whore because of the way she acts,she thinks she's so hot,and scott should dump her he is so whipped in that relationship.

pr1983
Originally posted by LISA-J
Oh,and I call her a whore because of the way she acts,she thinks she's so hot,and scott should dump her he is so whipped in that relationship.

she's a bit of a b!tch, but she can afford to be... she is pretty hot to most guys... and scott... well thats something even im not sure about...

Movie_Geek_
Jean Grey

Sooooo over rated. Always miss qween. Got a lot more atention then I think she should, she is always like this girl scout mad sick angel

black robb
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
Jean Grey

Sooooo over rated. Always miss qween. Got a lot more atention then I think she should, she is always like this girl scout mad sick angel FINALLY... someone who knows Jean is overrated..

Angel-
1.Mostly useless
2.Boring character
3.Stupid mutation
4.Pretty,white,rich boy with "issues"

Bishop-
1.Jheri Curl(okay he doesnt have it anymore but the fact that he had one at all)
2.Another"Pissed off brotha"
3.Has a stupid power
4.Tried to pick a fight with the much cooler Gambit
5.Carries guns cuz he's a punk
6.Talks on and on about being a cop
7.Writers keep coming up with stupid ways for him to look like hes mad powerful

pr1983
Originally posted by black robb
FINALLY... someone who knows Jean is overrated..

Angel-
1.Mostly useless
2.Boring character
3.Stupid mutation
4.Pretty,white,rich boy with "issues"

still more interesting than that bloody cajun...

Movie_Geek_
Or Jean
At least Angle freaks and go's all komakize ( I have no clue how to spell that ) and become some dark/fallen angle guy. But he too is over rated

black robb
still more interesting than that bloody cajun... hey! Dissing Gambit gets you an automatic ass whompin'!

black robb
Or Jean
At least Angle freaks and go's all komakize ( I have no clue how to spell that ) and become some dark/fallen angle guy. But he too is over rated kamikaze

Movie_Geek_
Wow I was not even Close laughing laughing laughing out loud embarrasment big grin stick out tongue

pr1983
Originally posted by black robb
hey! Dissing Gambit gets you an automatic ass whompin'!

from who? you? stick out tongue

Movie_Geek_
How can you give a a$$ whompin over the computer in any case?

black robb
How can you give a a$$ whompin over the computer in any case? i can do anything...i got men everywhere...

Movie_Geek_
Well it is a good thing I do not have a problem with Gambit I gess. laughing

countryfan2004
don't you like anyone...

Yes! Psylocke, Storm, Husk, Angel, Beast, Jubilee, Shadowcat, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Jean, Cannonball, Iceman, M, and now X-23. I failed ot mention I'm also not big on Bishop. I mean, he's useful and everything, but he's annoying, trying to be a leader.

pr1983
Originally posted by countryfan2004
don't you like anyone...

Yes! Psylocke, Storm, Husk, Angel, Beast, Jubilee, Shadowcat, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Jean, Cannonball, Iceman, M, and now X-23. I failed ot mention I'm also not big on Bishop. I mean, he's useful and everything, but he's annoying, trying to be a leader.

ah, ok...

xmarksthespot
Gambit can be annoying.
Archangel and his whole I must kill Apocalypse/my life sucks thing was annoying (moreso in the animated series than in the comics) but still pretty annoying in the comics.

Mainstream
the whole Rogue can't touch no one thing is pissing me off to levels I never thought anything could piss me off.

xmarksthespot
Nah that was the irony/tragedy of her power so I didn't mind it. Gambit has no irony or tragedy to his power, he just charges things and throws them. And he's annoying stick out tongue

Mainstream
Nah that was the irony/tragedy of her power so I didn't mind it. Gambit has no irony or tragedy to his power, he just charges things and throws them. And he's annoying stick out tongue

he da best in da Ben'ness and dat no lie

and if Gambit fought Beast, Beast would be as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of Rocking Chairs

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by Mainstream
he da best in da Ben'ness and dat no lie

and if Gambit fought Beast, Beast would be as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of Rocking Chairs

sick annoying accent sick

Lol, I remember that line from X-Men TAS Rogue used to say the stupidest things.

Mainstream
I thought she was cool...country but cool.

now Jubilee she sucks monkey nutts

xmarksthespot
Yeh pretty much everyone agrees that Jubilee sux.

Mainstream
Yeh pretty much everyone agrees that Jubilee sux.

Damn no love for the Jubster!

black robb
Yeh pretty much everyone agrees that Jubilee sux. come on shes not that bad i mean...Maggot

xmarksthespot
She's down there among the bad ones though admit it lol.

black robb
She's down there among the bad ones though admit it lol. true dat

wannabe
Anyone saying something bad about my Emma gets mindblasted...UNDERSTOOD!? mad

I really dislike Wolverine for being one of the best matial artists but NEVER showing something to proove it. In every fight he gets spanked, burned, blasted etc. and only continues fighting because of his regeneration. Where is the fightingskill in that???
huh
I hated Magneto for being an astonishingly intelligent and educated man and not realizing, that he was becoming what he hated.
I don't like Iceman because he is rather boring and too stupid to really use his potential.
I hated the whole Generation-X team...poor characters with stupid powers. The Academy-X teams are pretty cool though (love Icarus, Hellion and the Cuckoos).

Jury
Dislike? gambit2 Hmmm...

I dun think I have.

GalacticStorm
I dislike Cyclops intensely. He is very cowardly, introverted and his inability to express his true feelings results in him hurting people around him who care for him. One of the saddest turn of events in comics IMO was the death of the goblin queen. Im sorry but that was mainly Cyclops fault. She was used and abused in her short life. Cyclops only got with her because she remeinded him oj Jean and then soon as Jean was back from the dead he ditched her and his newborn baby to run off with her. That was the the main factor in Madelynes transformation into the GQ and i just lost all respect for Cyclops after reading that. What kind of man ditches his wife and baby like that?

Also his treatment of Jean in New Xmen was terrible. He started an affair with Emma just because he was too scared to tell Jean about this new darker side, Apocalypse had aroused in him. He thought Jean would reject these darker more sexual feelings he was having. Emma being more sexually liberated was the easy way out for Cyclops.

Cyclops is a good leader. He's a good X-man. But as a man he fails miserably.

xmarksthespot
For a while he was also very tempted by Psylocke if I recall correctly. He really has a thing for telepaths imo. big grin

wannabe
DEFINITLY yes

eristole
lol, that's the thing about cyke, as a leader he has to put up this invulnerable barrier between him and his people. which made it really
funny when psylocke had him tied to a bed the day of his wedding to jean.

then good old rictor came in and stopped the fun.

it's kind of neat though, they do the whole "leader' thing with cyke really
good. they show the toughness of not being able to show anything to
people in order to prove you are a leader and even his bad decisions
he still deals with (and as he is learning his team is more reliable than he thought)

i really dislike the morlocks.. whooooo were the crap of the mutant crop.. whoo no one likes us cuz we look funny.. lets go live in a sewer and be led by a chick that looks normal.. whoooooooo...

but on top of mutants that i think really suck, would have to be that
stupid fairy girl and that dumb bird boy that they put a whole mini
storyline around a while back.. (the one where sage and bishop were cops looking for emma's murderer)

yeah talk about completely useless, man if i were a mutant i'd have
fried them and had myself a giant turkey friggin dinner.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by eristole
lol, that's the thing about cyke, as a leader he has to put up this invulnerable barrier between him and his people. which made it really
funny when psylocke had him tied to a bed the day of his wedding to jean.

then good old rictor came in and stopped the fun.

it's kind of neat though, they do the whole "leader' thing with cyke really
good. they show the toughness of not being able to show anything to
people in order to prove you are a leader and even his bad decisions
he still deals with (and as he is learning his team is more reliable than he thought)

i really dislike the morlocks.. whooooo were the crap of the mutant crop.. whoo no one likes us cuz we look funny.. lets go live in a sewer and be led by a chick that looks normal.. whoooooooo...

but on top of mutants that i think really suck, would have to be that
stupid fairy girl and that dumb bird boy that they put a whole mini
storyline around a while back.. (the one where sage and bishop were cops looking for emma's murderer)

yeah talk about completely useless, man if i were a mutant i'd have
fried them and had myself a giant turkey friggin dinner.

Yeah i understand about the leader thing, thats why i gave him credit in that area however that does factor into leaving your wife and newborn to run off with an ex, or leaving another wife because you're too scared about what she'll think of all of these new thoughts and kinky desires that have arisen in you. All of that is cowardice. I hate him personality wise, but think he's good in his role as an Xman

Jury
The Ruby-eyed Cykey? gambit2 Hmmm... Still, a real X-Man... I must say.

Sabretooth
Okay, let me start off by saying I was always a bigger fan of the Chris Clairmont era of X-Men stories. Back then the X-Men seemed to me to focus more on the storytelling than artwork, which was good back then but nowhere near as detailed as it is today. Now that everyone knows where I'm coming from, on with my list...

Gambit. This guy personifies all that went wrong with the X-Men. It's almost like a team of creators sat down and tried to build the ultimate trendy hero with nothing but book sales in mind. Perfect looks, dark past, roguish charm, exotic accent, rebellious... is there anything this guy didn't come prepackaged with?

Rogue. Much the same reason as Gambit. At one time, Rogue was an interesting multidimensional character with *GASP* only average looks. Then somewhere along the way she turned into a unidimensional super-hottie who was only there for eye candy and as an accessory for Gambit. I did enjoy her story arc with Magneto in the Savage Land many years ago though.

Phoenix. How many *&#@!%^ times is she going to die already? It's played honey. I think the should have left her dead after the Dark Phoenix saga. That was the last time the writing for her was decent. Now she is the mutant alpha-female of the Marvel Universe. Looks like a supermodel, perfect in every way and pretty much every X-Male on the team except Cyclops would would kill to be her guy. Speaking of her guy...

Wolverine. The mutant alpha-male of the Marvel Universe. Most of the best X-Men stories ever written featured him in a central role. He always has and always will be my favorite(hero at least), but now overuse and too much creative license with his history has ruined him. What really pissed me off is that I'm now expected to believe that Cyclops, a man who loved Jean so much that he would find an exact replica of her to marry when she died only to turn his back on his new family when he found out she was alive, would ever risk everything he and Jean had together by sleeping around on her. Not a chance. This was nothing more then a way to free up Jean so she could get with Logan and I think it's crap. The sad part is, as watered-down as Wolverine is now, if they took him out of the books, sales would drop like a stone. He and Sabretooth are the only reasons I saw the first movie, and Jackman's portrayal of him was the only reason I watched the second and why I'm going to see the third.

Psylocke. Again, the same reason as Gambit and Rogue. Went from being a British woman in a really bad costume to being another drop-dead gorgeous X-Woman, only this time she became some kind of Asian bad-ass telepathic super-ninja.

Marrow. Same thing. Tragic multidimensional mutant with almost freakish looks becomes another of the long list of hot X-Women.

Iceman. Average looks to iced-up GQ model. His story hasn't suffered quit as much as some of the others though.

Maybe I'm the one with the problem here. I never knew the new breed of X-Fan was so superficial they refuse to follow the story of a character they didn't find physically attractive. That seems to be how Marvel thinks at least. To me, the best Storm story arc was waaaaay back when she lost her powers and had a mohawk. People actually got to see her use her mind and outsmart her foes rather then simply blasting them to dust with her now very formidable powers. Is it right that the fans now would rather have the ultra-powerful amazon goddess they portray her as now? Oh well, I guess after twenty years or so the characters had to advance and have new elements introduced to their stories. I am just really disappointed with the way most of them turned out. Especially Wolverine. At least they did him right in the movies. Hate him if you want to but he sells comics and movie tickets, and as long as people keep buying him, Marvel will keep overusing him. I gave up on the comics awhile ago, so I can only be considered part of the problem when it comes to the movies and I hope he keeps getting screen time because Jackman deserves it. He and Patric Stewart are really the only two who are necessary to fill the roles they play. I think any of the others could and in some cases should be recast.

Just so this ends on a positive note, I really like the direction they went with the Emma Frost in the last few years. Yeah she's a ***** and everybody hates her because of it, but that's the way she was written. We're all supposed to hate her, so in this case the Marvel writers have done their job well. Except for the Scott thing, she has been written perfectly.

xmarksthespot
You don't think Ian McKellen did a good job as Magneto?

Jury
Now, I remembah who shud it be my "disliked" X-character... gambit2

Merci... er, for remindin' me --> It must be.. the SABRETOOTH.

X-Men is still X-Men... even without him.

Sabretooth
Originally posted by Jury
Now, I remembah who shud it be my "disliked" X-character... gambit2

Merci... er, for remindin' me --> It must be.. the SABRETOOTH.

X-Men is still X-Men... even without him.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW! You trying to hurt my feelings? Heh. Whatever.

Too bad I'm going to have to agree with you. The way they handled Sabretooth in recent years gets me all cheesed off more than anybody else. The way the have given him elevated power levels and made it so his back story intertwines with pretty much every other mutant in the Marvel Universe almost the same way as Wolverine only he got nowhere near the same exposure. Sabretooth a member of X-Factor? GAH! Let's see if they make Sabretoogh join the Masters of Evil since Wolverine is now a member of the New Avengers. Even the guys at Wizard are making fun of the way Wolverine the "grim obsessed loner" has now joined his seventh super team.

Sabretooth
You don't think Ian McKellen did a good job as Magneto?

Ian McKellen was good as Magneto. He wasn't included on my list because he wasn't part of the X-Men. One thing he really did well was fly. The pose he took when confronting Wolverine in the train was worlds better than that "Peter Pan" pose Halle took when she was coming up the elevator shaft in the Toad battle.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>