What is your fave sci-fi weapon of choice?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

griefzombie
Let me know what your favourite weapon of choice is ?? also blast the person above with the weapon! lets get a chain going!!!! evil face laughing out loud evil face

eleveninches
Lightsaber

jaden101
Originally posted by eleveninches
Lightsaber

ding ding...knockout in the first round...if anyone can beat the lightsaber which we all know they cant

one of my favs isnt from a film though...

the cerebral bore from turok

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by jaden101
..if anyone can beat the lightsaber which we all know they cant

Don't need to beat the lightsaber, just the person holding it, like Darth Maul knocking off Qui Gon, Jango Fett whipping it out of the hands of Obi Wan with his cord, it's not as hard as you think.

My favorite goes to, well, anything Predator may have handy, namely the shoulder cannon.

jaden101
not quite what i was meaning...

pr1983
lightsaber... sweetest weapon... though a bi7ch to master...

though the shoulder cannon is good for small tasks like taking out tanks and so forth...

pr1983
damn double posts

Ultimatespider
Predator Plasmacaster

Cinemaddiction
not quite what i was meaning...

I know what ya meant, just saying it's not so much the weapon as it is the person controlling it, and there are far more effective means of protection.

griefzombie
I agree the light saber is one of the coolest weapons but I don't think it could beat predator weaponry!

Lana
Definitely lightsaber big grin

Doctor Strange
At the risk of sounding redundant, Lightsaber.

Though I wouldn't mind Gene Starwind's Caster gun either.

shaber
That illegal phaser in star trek that is supposed to be more painful than a normal legal tender phaser.

b-dan
all the predator stuff

pr1983
Originally posted by shaber
That illegal phaser in star trek that is supposed to be more painful than a normal legal tender phaser.

its disintegrates you from the inside out...

grade 3 ol
Zat nik'tel!!!

I love goa'uld weapons!!!
zats rule! shock grenades... and...

I totally want one of those hand devices that cause severe pain in the head!

I wish i was a goa'uld and had naquadah i my blood so i could use those hand thingies...

Staff weapons are cool too

shaber
evil face I'm going to force Data to watch my using it on the other android

Ladyluck
lightsaber!

Ketchuptome
My fav would be a lightsaber or that spinnig disc thing Predator used in Predator 2

grade 3 ol
I like spinning evil discs that can decapitate people.

lightsabers are cool too.

starwars

kanis
alien Lightsaber and the predator's plasma caster from aliens vs predator.

ApolloX
Lightsaber by far...

Ketchuptome
Acid blood like Alien isnt bad either

moviejunkie23
the ice gun from demolition man wwwooohhhoooo

SWGEEK
ligfhtsabers are cool but ancient star wars melee weapons are awesome too(knights of the old republic)

pr1983
that extending staff from andromeda is pretty snazzy...

fuzzball25
Laser gun
laser

kanis
alien You can't really call acid blood a weapon because if the dude you are spraying it at has acid absorbing armor then you are screwed, moviejunkie23 don't you mean the laser cutter from demolition man and that is a crap weapon.

ZephroCarnelian
The Voicepowered Sonic Guns from Dune. They are the ULTIMATE weapon...

hayden's minx
Lightsaber - damn straight.

theGTR
lightsaber (double handed, weild by anakin in epi3)
unbeatable

gentmax
Does anyone remember the Wave Motion Gun?

GroovieMovies13
Actually, I like fighting staffs - like in xena:warrior princess - I think they're tres narley and their not for killing.
However, lightsabers are the obvious choice for killing, but me personally, I like fighting staffs.

TheOne101
Although im a bigger Neo fan, i'd have to say a Lightsaber. Red, ofcourse. And the black hoodie smile

faradayslaw
Darth Maul's lightsaber, its still the coolest.

shadowmantis
antimatter cannon wink but id need a mile long ship for that. so.. um.. ryu's hadouken? is that scifi?

Aldaron
LightSaber, and the Staff Weapon from Stargate.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by kanis
alien You can't really call acid blood a weapon because if the dude you are spraying it at has acid absorbing armor then you are screwed, moviejunkie23 don't you mean the laser cutter from demolition man and that is a crap weapon.

If you have acid blood, and you're using it against someone...then odds are you've already lost.

darth moron
light saber duh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 reading reading Happy Dance ( me a evil face devil ninja )

shadow12
light saber and that laser gun from stargate the one where one shot stuns second shots kills and the third shot desinagrates them

TheOne101
Thats a Zat gun. and it kicks ass

el barto_1
i liked that sound gun from minority report and i loved the Zorg gun from the 5th el5ment (ofcourse i love the lightsabers but thats not nessesery to say or what?

shadow12
Originally posted by TheOne101
Thats a Zat gun. and it kicks ass oh yeah

jaden101
Originally posted by el barto_1
the Zorg gun from the 5th el5ment

what does the little red button do?

i love that gun stick out tongue

kanis
alien The little red button blows up the gun and whoever is in the immediate area.

TheOne101
i dont remember that gun but any gun that blows up is a good gun indeed smile

archive monitor
spray stick from the star wars novel heir to the empire.
the noghri use them.

Jyaaku
i reccon the deathstar i cant believe anyone didnt say that. could the force count as a weapon? sorry for all the star wars but i just saw ep3.
maybe a magic wand or is that fantasy and not scifi.
the sick stick from minroty report is funny. OR the gun from judge Dredd.
OH also any sort of exosuit.
sawyer song

green dude
Light Saber all the way it blocks anything pretty much and it is so cool cool

Spectr4L
Originally posted by el barto_1
i liked that sound gun from minority report
I was thinking the exact same thing! big grin

Filmmaker451
The ultimate weapon of destruction... the... DEATHSTARhttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/devil2.gif

Pandemoniac
More horror, but still fantastic: the spheres from Phantasm. Maybe not as effective as a lightsaber, but all to cool to watch in action!

darth bob
lightsaber and/or cuncussion missile

kanis
alien My other favorite weapon would have the phaser rifles used in star trek nemesis

kanis
alien My other favorite weapon would have the phaser rifles used in star trek nemesis

kanis

kanis

kanis
alien My other favorite weapon would have the phaser rifles used in star trek nemesis and the knife shinzon had was pretty cool.

Pandemoniac
You seem to have too much spare time at your disposal

TRSundown
Pulse Rifle and/or Smart Gun - Aliens

Next Venom_girl
I'd say that Halo trumps the Death Star in terms of destructive power.
I'd like an Alien Symbiote or the goblin glider from the Spider-man movie. Lightsabre / energy sword weapons are cool (either that or the enchanted katana), the staff weapons (2x4s as Marcus calls them) from Babylon 5, and those hand weapons in Stargate that make that cool buzzing sound (1 blast paralyses, 2 blasts kills, 3 blasts distigrates), the skrills / organic energy blasting weapons from Earth: Final Conflict were sweet, and who could forget the BFG9000 from Doom and the Plasma weaponry in Halo. Dune rocks too. "My name is a killing word."

jaden101
http://www.scifi.sk/FifthElement/images/zf1.jpg

Darkstorm Zero
The one true Sci fi God...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/DarkstormZero/unicron1_b.jpg

UNICRON!

Image courtesy of They are Among Us

kanis
alien What's wrong with having to much time on their hands

Ultimatespider
probabaly a lightsaber

kanis
alien He may be a good singer jon bon jovi but he is a crap actor.

Saberstylemasta
I can beat Lightsbaer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, here is the ultimate ultimaticy.

2 double bladed lightsabers.

grey fox
Heart of the tardis owns them all , It turns you into a god like being the weilder can bring the dead back to life block death beams and rip things apart molecule by molcule

kanis
alien That was pretty cool but it has its down sides as well anyway the bazookoid from red dwarf is the most funniest sci fi weapon invented.

bilb
Lightsaber is always the coolest stick out tongue

Capt_Fantastic
Lightsabre....

stunna1773
i would have to go wit unicron

muserke
Lightsaber! eek!

Son of Boromir
i dont car just give somting thatll blow the heck outta everthing like i clone troop bazooka Happy Dance YAY BAZOOKAS

Son of Boromir
Next veno, girl has a good point the zat guns are good

Elrariel
EE-3 Blaster smile

masterkit
Yep Next Veno, Girl is right

Charlie8
Ive got quite a few but my 2 main ones would be the bazookoid off of Red Dwarf and my favourite would have to be the Sonic Screwdriver in Doctor Who. I dont know why but I just love it!

kanis
starwars Hellboys gun the samaritan kick ass and comes with many different types of bullets.
I've also seen the samaritan pistol in the front window of forbidden planet in newcastle.

Red Superfly
Lightsaber. It's a chliche, but damn there's nothing cooler.

A blue, single blade, old school one.

kanis
starwars That's the thing with lightsabers they are green blue or red never yellow or orange or any other strange color.

yahman
The atomic Shield Weponary in Foundation (For shielding)
The Death Star (To live in)
An I-Robot Aarm piece (For strength)
A Light Sabre (H2H combat)
Castor Gun (Form Out Law Star).... Mann that show was da best !!!!!!!!
The Sound Weaponary In Dune is pretty Cool as well.
Any Tech that involves the COntrol Of Hyper Space.
Physic Devices in Foundation aswell.

smile

Kid Cheynno
have to be light saber obviously but if we include games in to it the the needler off halo, that rocked

Dogbert
I want the Protoss Zealot Combat Suit and their Psi-blades yes

big gay kirk
I always fancied one of those six armed waistcoat things out of "Submicroscopic" and "Awlo of Ulm..."

grey fox
The caster gun i pretty sweet , but the shells are difficult to find.

Although a vibrational blade would be a-class

kanis
starwars That 's a weird combination of sci fi weapons which I've never heard of.

kanis
starwars I'd have cloud's weapon the ultimate weapon from ff7 or the laser carbine which the terminator war machines from t2 where you see the terminator holding two in a pose

XXSPEARHAMMERXX
hmmm... haha, scifi noobs smile Tactical Nukes/ Starship Troopers. Lets now see the little lightsaber noobs run away, RUN AWAY!!! lol, sorry guys there have been some cool weapons here

kanis
starwars Well it is a sci fi weapons thread.

Wild_7
Predator's Plasma caster, wrist blade, spear, mask, disc.

Lightsabre (blue :P) and darth maul's duel lightsabre.

Oh yeah would like to have a pulse rifle from alien 2.

Twilight Janick
Lightsaber (yellow, orange or teal, if possible).

Rockon
Your Mum!!!! would be a good sci fi weapon. lol.

Wild_7
nah my hamster is a better sci fi weapon. His name is Darth Timothy. Fear him now!

Batman Returns
weapon of choice?

KUNG FU!! cool

Batman Returns
starwars That's the thing with lightsabers they are green blue or red never yellow or orange or any other strange color.

ive seen weirder colors for lightsabers. indigo, light purple-ish, i think ive seen orange.

Twilight Janick
The Federation space suit in First Contact (combat armor)
An Acclamator-class starship (to live and travel in)
The phaser-3 (for long-range combat)
The phaser-2 (for short-range combat)
Two lightsabers (teal and orange for hand-to-hand combat)

star22
Lightsabers (green or red), darkside force lighning, or a blaster.

ash007
green lantern ring

kanis
starwars Iwould Iron man's armor the one with the multi change suit ability.

dragon milly
The light saber of course
starwars

Hit_and_Miss
MJOLNIR battle armor... and Clouds Advent child Buster sword...

kanis
starwars I've heard from an friend that the buster sword is really bad ass in advent children.

Hit_and_Miss
yup... but its not the buster sword anymore... its a combination of 6 blades that join together to form his sword... its a new take on omni-slash... one that kicks ass..

kanis
starwars Yeah I so want to see that

Hit_and_Miss
I had his pic in ma sig.... here you can see it...

Siddan

draconigena
"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."

I'm going to have to agree with Mr. Solo on this one.

Ricardogd
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Don't need to beat the lightsaber, just the person holding it, like Darth Maul knocking off Qui Gon, Jango Fett whipping it out of the hands of Obi Wan with his cord, it's not as hard as you think.

My favorite goes to, well, anything Predator may have handy, namely the shoulder cannon.

So true. The predator could easily beat any of those so called Jedi's.

kanis
starwars Thanks for the image, their is no point for the preds to fight a jedi depending the jedi he or she can sense through the force where the pred will even when cloaked not sure about a jedi deflecting the preds plasma caster though it won't have much luck against his lightsaber in a melee fight.

Lord Shadow Z
Lightsaber

lord krondor
edit

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by lord krondor
edit

Shut the hell up noob!

I picked the lightsaber because it is to this day,my favourite sci-fi weapon. I didn't pick it to fit in.

lil bitchiness
lord krondor, the post you made was extreamly offencive! Do not post anything like that ever again, or you will be a subject for banning.

lord krondor
I'm sorry, please forgive me.

The lightsaber is the SWEETEST weapon of all freakin time! You can like block stuff and use it like a sword and junk.

I like to see the Shadow Death Cloud find a way around that!! It won't, cuz the saber is so incredibly simple to use. anyone else agree?

lord krondor
By the way, what kind of moderator can't spell? "extreamly offencive"

*sympathetic cough*

I guess they don't have the same job qualifications as they used to.

tigerstalk
Originally posted by HBK
So true. The predator could easily beat any of those so called Jedi's.

... A N D ... Van Helsing's Spinning blades can whup U 100 times over, even if he is in a wheelchair, with 1 hand behind his back, facing 10 predators.

http://www.wallpaper-area.de/wallpaper/11/35/Van_Helsing_005.jpg

Bow before him, all in favor say aye!

kanis
starwars I'm sorry to say this but realisticly Van Helsing would die against one predator never mind ten of them for one thing they can cloak themselves and plasma blasters enough said.

bogen
lightsaber and those pulse thingys from minority report. Oh, and just cause im a mad fantasy nerd im saying to be like eragon at the end of Eldest, ok?

kanis
starwars who isn't.

jenzie
the GLAIVE from krull
hell yeah!

Adamwankenobi
A lightsaber. Why? Because blasters are so uncivilized.

kanis
alucard That fantasy film was evil and rubbish at the same time.

technodoug
The Wave Motion Gun from Star Blazers is the best spaceship-mounted weapon. It is roughly equivalant to one of the Death Star super lasers, but way cooler. (It can vaporize ships as in Return of the Jedi, but not powerful enough for a whole planet). For a personal weapon, the lightsaber is very cool, but is really only effective for defensive blocking if the user can use the Force to anticipate. Without the Force, anybody with a bow and arrow will kill you. Another personal favorite is the Flash Cannon form BattleZone PC game. Has the coolest sound FX ever.

Lighthammer
That curved Boomerang from Blade

Fantasy_freak06
ding ding...knockout in the first round...if anyone can beat the lightsaber which we all know they cant

one of my favs isnt from a film though...

the cerebral bore from turok

Oh we all know za'roc can beat a lightsaber! It is un destoyable! Happy Dance

jrodslam
My all-time favorite sci-fi weapon is the smartgun. Dam i love that gun.

kanis
borg No the pulse rifle is way better than the smart gun.

jrodslam
To each their own.

Black Adam
The plasma caster and helmet that goes along with it from Predator.

Either that or a pulse pistol from Farscape. Got to love a weapon that could overload and blow your arm off.

kanis
borg Yeah but which kind of plasma caster the pred 1 one or the pred 2 one or the beastly aliens vs predator one?
The farscape pistol does rock but i didn't know it did that.

Black Adam
borg Yeah but which kind of plasma caster the pred 1 one or the pred 2 one or the beastly aliens vs predator one?
The farscape pistol does rock but i didn't know it did that.

The alien ones. It seems to be a more rapid fire machine gun type of Plasma caster.

Yeah the Farscape Pistol does do that if you put it on to high of a setting and overload it.

Having trouble with a armored group of enemies? Chuck it as a grenade and have 200 rounds of high explosive energy ammunition all go off at the same time.

JaehSkywalker
lightsaber and blasters.... (star wars type big grin )

Adamwankenobi

Basoone
The small gun of agent J from MIB. Cool and Deadly

office jesus
Hm. That's kinda' hard all things considering. Though, I'd have to go with Zat Guns and Staff Weapons. Mostly 'cause I'm on my Stargate fix right now. xD.

allofyousuckkk
BFG from DOOM

kanis
borg I like the staff weapons but not the mini zapper thing, the weapon that o'neill built ot defeat the replicators with was totally sci fi made weird design big beam boom!!

Thekid1
Originally posted by Adamwankenobi
A lightsaber. Why? Because blasters are so uncivilized.

And Random smile

kanis
borg I like the use of both blasters and lightsabers they both have their own kind of uses in situations.

kanis
vampire the assault rifles from starship troopers 2 the rapid firing laser like weapon and from the first film the nuke grenades they are badass.

jrodslam
vampire the assault rifles from starship troopers 2 the rapid firing laser like weapon and from the first film the nuke grenades they are badass.

yes

Starship Troopers rock.

kanis
vampire It does indeed, what's your favorite character mine's michael ironside's character mr ratcheck if that's how its spelled.

jrodslam
I really dont have a favorite character. Actually i like the bugs. Different races, millions of numbers and stuff. They control an asteroid belt! It just doesnt get more badass than that. Best alien species from any sci-fi movie imo.

kanis
vampire maybe but their are alot of alien species in sci fi to choose from, me i'm a preds fan.

stormtrooper501
Well, my favorite weapon isn't a physical weapon, but I think it still counts...and it could beat a lightsaber if used properly. My favorite weapon would have to be the Force.

kanis
vampire That's the first time someone has actually put the force down as a actual weapon but that's slightly darkside saying it can be used that way.

jediheroluke
starwarssaber all the way they can defect almost every projectile

jediheroluke
starwarssabers rule

Dude_The_Man
The handheld nuclear missile launcher WTF PWNS your weaksauce lighty saber. It even comes with a nuclear winter secondary attack!

PWNd

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>