Best kill ever in a horror film!!??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

griefzombie
What is the best kill in any horror film ever?? Also who the kill was by! or what caused the kill! evil face

stunna1773
wut r u talkin about

rickdraco
He means, what is your favourite kill in a horror film. My personal favourite was in the original 'The Omen', where the photographer dies, getting his head cut off by a pane of glass through the neck. smile evil face

el barto_1
i liked the "head trough the stairs" kill in haute tention and the "lawyer gets cut in two by glassdoor scene" in 13th ghosts

gls
how many times has this thread been made?

btw liquid nitrogen head bash in Jason X big grin

Deano
halloween 6...myers first kill

puts her head on a spike and just stares at hersmile

griefzombie
I just thought of one freddy in Nightmare on elm street 6 with the blackboard when he blew up carlos's head!!!! eek! evil face

Wolfie
That was one of my favorite Freddy kills.

As for my all-time favorite kill, I'll need some more time to think about it.

venom_x9
no u people got it all wrong the sixth freddy when spencer gets whasted on crack and freddy sucks him into the t.v evil face evil face evil face

papabeard
The bus kill in Final Destination is very effective and also the massive pile up at the beginning of Final Destination 2. and I agree the head through the bannister in haute tension.

I think kills in more modern horror movies are more creative and imaginative, trying to come up with something original, admittedly this can result in exagerated and ridiculous, cheesy comedy kills.But I think traditional style kills, well crafted will always be more effective.

stingray005
I think when Freddy sucked the kid into the bed and splattered blood everywhere in NOES 1 was pretty cool.

LifeIsKillingMe
does a kill in Suicide count? they killed themselves confused

BaronOBeefDip
I love the "Revolving Room" scene in A Nightmare On Elm Street when Freddy kills Tina by slicing her back open and then dragging her all over the ceiling and droppin her.

zombiesnake7
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)

Julius: Go ahead... take your best shot, motherfu**er!

Then Jason punches him so hard his head flys off the building and into a dumpster. Probably my favorite Jason kill. followed by in Part 4 where he kills the kid and his blood goes on the projector that was creative. Oh! and the slumber bag of death in Jason X was good. Thats my favorite Jason's in a basic order but theres probably some less mainstream ones I'm forgetting.

tabby999
i speak on behalf of both C-Dic and I (assuming he hasn't found a better one) is the death in Jason X when Jason sticks the blonde chicks head into the liquid nitrogen and then smashes her face off on the bench and tosses her body aside. total and utter domination

griefzombie
Definitely some cool kills there ,another one is the drowning in the swimming pool in The Legacy you know the one where she dives in and then she can't surface because the pool surface becomes solid!!!! I did'nt go underwater for weeks after that lol!!!

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by tabby999
i speak on behalf of both C-Dic and I (assuming he hasn't found a better one) is the death in Jason X when Jason sticks the blonde chicks head into the liquid nitrogen and then smashes her face off on the bench and tosses her body aside. total and utter domination

***** got pwn3d. Cheers, James. You're absolutely right.

ragesRemorse
the sacrifice in wicker man

stingray005
How could I forget... the very first kill in Scream, when ghostface slices open Steve and his insides fall onto his lap. The entire opening of that movie was brilliant!

xmeowx
hmmmm i think that the best kill ever is in House Of Wax when Paris Hilton gets killed. i haven't seen that movie but all i know is that she dies Happy Dance

FistOfThe North
Final Destination 2

Cause of death: Large skyscraper window

Causer of death: Death

Victim: That 15 year old boy. Nuff said

Pandemoniac
Hmm, not to clearly shown, but all to horrible: the knife-penis-strap-on in Seven. The gore is brief, but the idea is sooo sick!

grey fox
jeepers creeprs two

the jock gets his head ripped off by the creepr and his headless corpse waves it's arms around and moves for about two more minuties REALLY FREAKY !!!!

BadKitty
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
the sacrifice in wicker man this was the first death that came to mind for me because it left me freaked out. I also liked Jack Torrance axing Dick Hallorann in the stomach during The Shining,cause thats when you knew the shit really hit the fan.

BackFire
The fire extinguisher death in Irreversible, bar none. Left my mouth hanging open, looked amazing.

Also the castration scene in I Spit on Your Grave and the family murder scene in Henry are up there.

BadKitty
Originally posted by BackFire
The fire extinguisher death in Irreversible, bar none. Left my mouth hanging open, looked amazing.

Also the castration scene in I Spit on Your Grave and the family murder scene in Henry are up there. I bought this movie (irreversible) for it sounds like a must have for my collection..but I am honestly to afraid to watch it for the things I read about it..I also just picked up I spit on you grave and also has been to afraid to watch it.

henry I watched and was deeply disturbed by it...I think things that are or could actually have happened really really scare me.

BackFire
Yeah, I hear ya.

I Spit on Your Grave isn't that bad, for the most part, really campy and exagerated.

Irreversible though, definately a tough movie for anyone to watch. Greta film though.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Final Destination 2

Cause of death: Large skyscraper window

Causer of death: Death

Victim: That 15 year old boy. Nuff said

Totally unrealistic. I love the movie, but that, followed by the mothers reaction was absolutely hilarious. A glass pane that flattens a human being, not shattering all around him? What the f**k?

BackFire
lol yeah, I remember that part.

It was kinda cool because it was so out there and unexpected, though.

pr1983
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Totally unrealistic. I love the movie, but that, followed by the mothers reaction was absolutely hilarious. A glass pane that flattens a human being, not shattering all around him? What the f**k?

glass is actually really heavy, it could happen to squash him, it would only shatter when it his the ground...

chronic
mines in noes 3 when the girl is watching tv and freddys head and arms and legs grow and says"welcome to primetime b*tch" and bust her head into the tv screen

MetalHeart
death itself evil face

Pandemoniac
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

Well, It was a skyscraper window, and that shit is like 2 cm thick. Glass is also more robust compared to bone. You don't just slam your head trough a glass pane like that. It could work like they did it in the movie.

Tthe Almighty
For me it has to be in the a Japanese film with a weird nae there's a scene were a Young girl is on an old bus with only her on it and a she is stabbed numours times in the head by a zombie ( or so i thought) that freaked me out

papabeard
The scene in "man bites dog", where he is shouting at the old woman and she has a heart attack, darkly comic rock

T.M
LN2 face smash in Jason X yes

HockeyFace
Haven't been here in a long time but I will put my two cents in anyways.

I think its a close tie between the silver ball scene in the original Phantasm and the bridge scene at the beginning of Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. The Ted Raimi death scene from Wishmaster and the hilarious death of Paul Partain (RIP) in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre were very good as well. Ted Clark (one eyed mutant from Wrong Turn) has a great death in the rarely seen Happy Hell Night. There's also the "wheel death" in the Devonsville Terror. What about Michael Berryman's death in the Hills Have Eyes or the final death scene from that same movie? That final death scene was classic. Classic. And then there's the hilarious "Fatal Window of Death" scene in Ulli Lommel's The Boogeyman. That was just plain out insane. Oh and the death of Barbara Steele at the beginning of Mario Bava's Black Sunday with the spike mask was great as well.

papabeard
the spike mask scene is referenced from a film called The Mask of Satan

Impediment
In the first Halloween when Michael leaps out of the closet and stabs the guy with the glasses, lifts him off of the floor and pins him up on the wall and proceeds to stare at his fresh kill like an intrigued child, turning his head side to side. Great shit. By the way, I don't think this is THE best kill, but it is, in my opinion, one for the books.

evildeaddesigns
Scream - Tatum gettin her skull crushed in the cat flap.
Shining - When Jack hits Dick Halorin in the chest with the axe.
......................dunno

Skull-X
I think it's the scene in one of the nightmare on elmstreet series where freddy drag that woman along the wall and the top and there's nblood evrywhere that was hilarious

FreddyJasonV
That was okay, but I really loved the scene in ANOES 6 where Freddy's playing a video game with Spencer. The whole movie sucked but that part was freakin' hilarious! laughing

deathbycorn
The killer from Saw how he made that razor wire cage and the dude had to climb through it and it hacked him to bits!

deathbycorn
Best Freddy kill was when he ripped the guys veins out of his feet and hands and used him as a puppet and walked him off the roof of the building.

I think in part 3.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by zombiesnake7
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)

Julius: Go ahead... take your best shot, motherfu**er!

Then Jason punches him so hard his head flys off the building and into a dumpster. Probably my favorite Jason kill. followed by in Part 4 where he kills the kid and his blood goes on the projector that was creative. Oh! and the slumber bag of death in Jason X was good. Thats my favorite Jason's in a basic order but theres probably some less mainstream ones I'm forgetting.
The original slumber death scene happened in Part 7 I think.

It was in a previous Jason movie before this!

deathbycorn
I also like in the Texas Chainsaw remake how he hooks the bloke up on the claw hook thingy from his spine - but makes him look at it first - brilliant

Padawan
By far, the most gruesome kill scene HAS to be from the movie, Hannibal, where Hannibal Lecter cuts the top off Paul Krendler's head, (played by Ray Liotta) and then has him eat his own brains.

beta-wolf_101
I like the one in Halloween I think that it was 6 or 7 but he takes a metal rod and shoves it through this guy then into a fuse box and his head blows off.

Hartigan
It isn't really a death scene, but the torture in the last 15 minutes of Auditon was up there.

The first kill in George Romero's Martin, Martin is on a train and he extracts blood from a woman with a razor blade so he can drink it and sleep with her dead body.

doomsday49
every kill scene in hellraiser

romper_stomper
bathtub castration scene in i spit on your grave,that scene is brutal and still makes me wince everytime i see it,,also the chick impaled on a pole in cannibal holocaust wouldve been the best kill ever hands down if we would have got to see it being done however since we only see the aftermath of it it dont count i guess,still brutal though....................honorable mention goes to the first kill in just before dawn where the guy gets a machette in the crutch and we see it come out his arse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.