Superman vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JRW
SUPES

VS

WW

ALL OUT SLUG FEST IN SPACE !!

black robb
Superman

Draco69
Agreed. Although he's not walking away without some serious injuries.

Superherovandal
he will win he won't be as badly injured as his fight with Doomsday but he will have some cuts and bruises.

Wickerman
Been done before.
Supes wins hands down

~wickerman~

dawsey28
www.silver-surfer.us/Top10list/Top10List.htm

There you go. And Supes would win.

Wickerman
Originally posted by dawsey28

There you go. And Supes would win.

I like that list but am having some trouble with Dr Strange vs. Flash...if you ask me it should be the other way around.

~wickerman~

dawsey28
Well, that list is a few years old. It was made before '98. It had to be 94-97. Somewhere in there.

In the Oct-Nov 98 issue of Wizard they had a list of bad guys that was like that. (they were the most dangerous bad guys and not most powerful.)

10. Bullseye
9. Sabretooth
8. Carnage
7. Joker
6. R'as Al Ghul (sp?)
5. Doomsday
4. Thanos
3. Magneto
2. Lex Luthor
1. Dr. Doom

It was set up very similar to that list but I can't seem to find a link like that one.

Wickerman
Well, that list is a few years old. It was made before '98. It had to be 94-97. Somewhere in there.

In the Oct-Nov 98 issue of Wizard they had a list of bad guys that was like that. (they were the most dangerous bad guys and not most powerful.)

10. Bullseye
9. Sabretooth
8. Carnage
7. Joker
6. R'as Al Ghul (sp?)
5. Doomsday
4. Thanos
3. Magneto
2. Lex Luthor
1. Dr. Doom

It was set up very similar to that list but I can't seem to find a link like that one.

Oh come on now, what's Lex Luthor got on Magneto or Thanos? i mean get real.......

~wickerman~

pr1983
Originally posted by Wickerman
Been done before.
Supes wins hands down

~wickerman~

yes

Zahit
Superman: "Get outta my bed and make me breakfast."

Wonderwoman: "O.K."

Draco69
Oh wait...Wonder Woman wins!!

Why? Medousa Head! Beat that biyatches!

Sentry
What if she gets him in that lasso rope thing? Can he escape it? Can he break free of it? I know he's much faster, but he isn't perfect, he could very well get caught in the lasso. If she tied him up real good, could he muster enough strength to break them?

Draco69
She has and can catch him with the lasso. Diana caught Zoom with the lasso....while she was blind.

Superman can and never will be able to break the lasso. Even the Hulk at unbearable rages would not be able to break the lasso. The lasso isn't just some unbreakable material. It's the living embodiement of Truth. Truth in all its forms. Superman can't break Truth. Truth is the law of the universe. When the lasso "broke" (by Diana herself) the universe literally fell apart. So no amount of strength can break it. It would be like trying to "break" the laws of physics made form. You can't.

And none of this matters. The Medousa Head would turn him to a stone statue. Yay! smile

Sentry
WW wins!

Sentry
Just joking. Supes wins.

Draco69
No way. No one can resist Medousa Head! It turned a Titan into stone in a millisecond.

Sentry
Originally posted by Draco69
No way. No one can resist Medousa Head! It turned a Titan into stone in a millisecond.

How bout the Thing? He's already a rock. LOL!

Draco69
It would turn him into marble. Thing is like....sandstone or something. It ain't marble I know that.

Superherovandal
but its just a head.

Superherovandal
doesn't Medusa have to be living for that to work. and plus since when does WW carry it? If you put it that way Supes gets the Phantom Zone projector.

Draco69
No. She can be living or alive. As long as her head is intact. How do think Theseus got rid of his father-in-law?

WW carries since Athena gave her the head, a bottomless bag, and a winged horse named Perseus.

Superman doesn't carry the PMZ. It's always in the FoS. WW does however now carry the Medousa Head. And only uses it in extreme situations. Such as this.

Superherovandal
shouldn't that mean that she could beat SS. I wonder where she carries it. shifty

Superherovandal
the bag i mean.

Draco69
Silver Surfer? I wouldn't go THAT far. Assuming Silver Surfer travels at lightspeed. Seeing that the head is hazardous even to the Titans of myth and the gods themselves I suppose the head would be hazardous to him.

Draco69
Originally posted by Superherovandal
the bag i mean.

It's magic.

Superherovandal
But why give her such a powerful item?

Draco69
I don't know. Athena said so.

Why did the Guardians give a 20 something year old artist the most powerful weapon in the universe?

dawsey28
Originally posted by Wickerman
Oh come on now, what's Lex Luthor got on Magneto or Thanos? i mean get real.......

~wickerman~

Resources.

(Nuclear satellites, weapons that supply the military, robot goons, scientists, a powerful suit.)

But that was a list of the most dangerous and not the most powerful.

They listed Luthor above Thanos because of Thanos's self-doubt (where he claims to not be worthy of his love--Death.)

They claimed that Luthor could trick Magneto. And magneto won't kill unless it serves his mutant agenda or he can't walk away from a life-threatening situation. hey, it's not my list. It's Wiazrd's and I didn't say that it made sense.

Oh on the topic. WW doesn't always carry that head around with her. I don't think that counts.

kgkg
I don't know. Athena said so.

Why did the Guardians give a 20 something year old artist the most powerful weapon in the universe?
I thought the Gl rings were the most powerful weapon in the universe. lol

Zahit
Wonder Woman will beg Superman to continue with the olive oil spankings.....
.....that saucy greek minx......

Superherovandal
but why give someone who is Superman level a weapon which might defeat gods. Maybe she could beat Thanos with it.

kgkg
Originally posted by Superherovandal
but why give someone who is Superman level a weapon which might defeat gods. Maybe she could beat Thanos with it.
are we talking about Gl ring?

Draco69
No. The Medousa Head.

Superherovandal
no im talking about WW. what is GL without his ring. since when was he superman level.

Wickerman
Resources.

(Nuclear satellites, weapons that supply the military, robot goons, scientists, a powerful suit.)

But that was a list of the most dangerous and not the most powerful.

They listed Luthor above Thanos because of Thanos's self-doubt (where he claims to not be worthy of his love--Death.)

They claimed that Luthor could trick Magneto. And magneto won't kill unless it serves his mutant agenda or he can't walk away from a life-threatening situation. hey, it's not my list. It's Wiazrd's and I didn't say that it made sense.

Oh on the topic. WW doesn't always carry that head around with her. I don't think that counts.

Aha...if that was made as in "dangerous to the Earth's populace" i'd buy it. But to anyone else/powerful......never....

~wickerman~

dawsey28
Well, they also didn't include Cosmic beings, Gods of higher order (Darkseid), or anti-heroes (Lobo)

Jason8200
Isent Thanos a Cosmic being? I eman he is an eternal.

I dont recall a single comic that WW ever had the Medusa Head right there ready to go. I think Superman would take this fight.

And yes when he said why would the Guardians give a 20 year old artist the most powerful weapon in the universe... he meant a GL ring.

Draco69
WW just got the Medousa Head. Like two issues ago.

Cosmic Cube
I'll give my vote to Wonder Woman. Superman may be a little faster, and a little stronger, but Wonder Woman's 1,000 times the fighter Superman could ever hope to be. Fighting ability means a LOT. Superman won't be able to simply overpower Wonder Woman like he does his other opponents; this will be a fight for the ages. Wonder Woman will simply outfight Superman, hands down. Now dispute that.

Cosmic Cube
No. She can be living or alive. As long as her head is intact. How do think Theseus got rid of his father-in-law?

WW carries since Athena gave her the head, a bottomless bag, and a winged horse named Perseus.

Superman doesn't carry the PMZ. It's always in the FoS. WW does however now carry the Medousa Head. And only uses it in extreme situations. Such as this.

I think you mean 'Pegasus,' Drac. He springs from the Gorgon's blood.

Doesn't matter if the head is dead or alive. Seeing it's face turns you to stone. Read the Odyssey.

Wickerman
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube

Doesn't matter if the head is dead or alive. Seeing it's face turns you to stone. Read the Odyssey.

Maybe she Did give her Perseus and said "Whenever you've got too much energy ride this bad boy till you can't anymore"

laughing

~wickerman~

Draco69

Agh. Me so embarrassed.

Draco69
I'll give my vote to Wonder Woman. Superman may be a little faster, and a little stronger, but Wonder Woman's 1,000 times the fighter Superman could ever hope to be. Fighting ability means a LOT. Superman won't be able to simply overpower Wonder Woman like he does his other opponents; this will be a fight for the ages. Wonder Woman will simply outfight Superman, hands down. Now dispute that.

clap

dawsey28
Originally posted by Jason8200
Isent Thanos a Cosmic being? I eman he is an eternal.

Yes, I thought that was quite strange myself. But they used him sinse he was a "Titan."

The last time I saw these two fight, WW used a magic sword and Supes was still a challenge for her. I give it to Supes. And as the Wizard list says. She'd tire while Supes would just use the sun. (But as a warrior she could keep Supes away from sunlight. She could possibly win this. WW is a badass fighter. There's no denying that.)

Unless WW has some Kryptonite.

whirlysplat

Not exactly CC, Pegasus was a result of the ill fated mating of Posidon and Medusa. When Medusa had her head cut off be Perseus, Pegasus was born. So your kind of right because Meddusa was a Gorgon and it was from the blood Pegasus sprang forth unfortunately you omitted any reference Poseidon.

Hope that helps

big grin chin up

Superherovandal
Supes will win. He is at least 40% stronger 50% faster and has 300% more abilities.

ZephroCarnelian
Supes outclasses her.

He ISN'T as good a fighter. No way.

But he's tough enough to take her punches and fast enough to deliver his own.

Plus, he's not a LITTLE faster, he's much much much much faster.

But if she got him in that lasso, he's doomed lol.

Wickerman
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Supes outclasses her.

He ISN'T as good a fighter. No way.

But he's tough enough to take her punches and fast enough to deliver his own.

Plus, he's not a LITTLE faster, he's much much much much faster.

But if she got him in that lasso, he's doomed lol.

I'll say this again. If she gets him in the lasso that doesn't mean he's not strong enough to fly off towards the sun at full strength and speed, thus dragging diana to a fiery death while he gets stronger and stronger.

~wickerman~

Draco69
That wouldn't work. When entangled in the lasso Diana has full mental domination over her opponent. Not to mention it burns like b****.

kgkg
That wouldn't work. When entangled in the lasso Diana has full mental domination over her opponent. Not to mention it burns like b****.
smile Happy Dance

Mainstream
Superman can't fight for $hit! he's all heat vision, ice breathe , super speed , superstrenght and senses..he lacks true fighting skills like Diana.

Draco69

Wickerman
i'm still not convinced, but ok. But here comes the question. How does she get him with the lasso? seeing as how he's faster and not quite the moron everyone think supes to be?

~wickerman~

Draco69
The lasso isn't held by the laws of physics. So it doesn't move slowly and isn't held down by air friction.

Diana has managed to lasso Professor Zoom (faster than the Flash) when she was blind as a bat. So Superman isn't a stretch.

Wickerman
The lasso isn't held by the laws of physics. So it doesn't move slowly and isn't held down by air friction.

Diana has managed to lasso Professor Zoom (faster than the Flash) when she was blind as a bat. So Superman isn't a stretch.

I'm willing to call BS. Now thats just f****ing wrong man.....although Superman's been known to defy a few of the laws of physics himself ya know....but anyway, that's all a bunch of crap.

~wickerman~

Draco69
It's called *drum roll* magic.

Wickerman

What is this Mah-geec you speak of?

~wickerman~

kgkg

lol laughing

Wickerman
Originally posted by kgkg
lol laughing

it never ceases to amaze me how idiots like myself that talk about mutants, cosmic beings, aliens, etc. all day long will refuse to believe in magic. embarrasment

~wickerman~

black robb
k

Draco69
?????? You're on the wrong thread.

black robb

There you go. And Supes would win. No Spectre?
No Dr.Fate? what kinda list was that?

Draco69
Spectre is a cosmic entity he's not allowed.

Dr. Fate was dead at the time the list was made. Like GL.

dawsey28
Originally posted by black robb
No Spectre?
No Dr.Fate? what kinda list was that?

An outdated one. It was made in '97.

They didn't count Cosmic beings, anti-heroes, or gods of higher order.

WW still will eventually tire while Supes will soak up sunlight and keep going.

SarKastic_OJ
Cosmic Cube: There is no way on earth that WW would defeat "the" quintisential Super-hero of all-time.

Superman has far-superior strength, speed, and abilities that would leave WW deep in a rut.

Riddle me this...why did it take Superman to take on Doomsday? ...

Because Doomday was the most powerful entity known to man and the only being whom could pose a threat was Superman....Doomsday went through the entire JL with little to no problem at all, not to mention Draga gave Wonder Woman a ripe ole' spankin right before Superman had to come to the rescue and pulverize the foe FOR HER...No one alive on earth(DC's universe) was made out to not stand a chance against Doomsday, that saga alone should have been a wake up call and let you know that Superman is DC's #1 and no matter how many argue that Batman, GL(any one of them), or WW could beat him under any circumstance should have realized that he rises to any occasion and comes out on top...

WW isn't on Superman's level, he's not just the leader of the JL because of his superior leadership skills, he's arguably the most powerful superhero of all time, WW is just a support character in comparison..Maybe Rogue or Storm would be a more fitting challenge but not "the" greatest superhero of all time..

I'm not saying it would be an easy task BUT I mean c'mon this is superman we're talking about, the mover of planets, faster than the eye can register add versatility and you got one tough cookie..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.